PDA

View Full Version : Commons

Dashing Bob S
24-12-2016, 04:11 PM
A traffic cone left in the centre of the pitch.

Booked4Being-Ugly
24-12-2016, 04:14 PM
Looked like he couldn't really be bothered.

Dom'sFirstTouch
24-12-2016, 04:16 PM
Was ok first half but faded completely. If he isn't staying beyond the initial emergency loan period I'd rather see Keatings or Boyle.

JJP
24-12-2016, 04:17 PM
Was ok first half but faded completely. If he isn't staying beyond the initial emergency loan period I'd rather see Keatings or Boyle.

Hopefully he's not staying.

Phil MaGlass
Its typical Hibs, sign unfit or injured players.

Greenwich_Hibby
On that performance a wage thief...no drive, no desire, nothing.......hope he improves and the 'manager' plays him in the right position!:confused:

lucky
24-12-2016, 04:19 PM
Jeez give the guy a chance. FFS he's a class above anything we've got and not played since April.

ancient hibee
24-12-2016, 04:19 PM
Looked like he couldn't really be bothered.

That really is is typical Hibs supporting rubbish.

Phil MaGlass
24-12-2016, 04:20 PM
Jeez give the guy a chance. FFS he's a class above anything we've got and not played since April.
Exactly not played since April, wtf is he doing playing for us when he isnae up tae speed.

Ozyhibby
24-12-2016, 04:20 PM
Thought he done ok 1st half then faded. No point getting upset at him with Shinnie on the pitch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kevo1875
24-12-2016, 04:21 PM
Was holding his ankle early in second half , maybe took a knock

blackpoolhibs
24-12-2016, 04:22 PM

I read on here a 50% fit Commons would walk into this team, i never thought they meant literally.

24-12-2016, 04:30 PM
I thought commons was at fault for their goal with a lazy attempted clearance tbh

Waxy
24-12-2016, 04:36 PM
Its from when he tried to blast it in from six yards. Looked like him and the defender got the ball at the same moment.

where'stheslope
24-12-2016, 04:40 PM

Great! We have him for 4 or 5 games.

He gets injured, the fans start getting on his back he's a waste of time?

Not only will we likely lose him, but anyone else thinking of coming would maybe think twice!!!

Boyle89
24-12-2016, 04:47 PM
I thought commons was at fault for their goal with a lazy attempted clearance tbh

Why was he heading it back infield when he couldn't see what was behind him?! Not saying he was at fault but it was a strange one.
He was poor today on the whole. He found space so many times and when he got the ball he didn't really manage to do anything with it.

Dashing Bob S
24-12-2016, 04:52 PM
Thought he done ok 1st half then faded. No point getting upset at him with Shinnie on the pitch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I think there is. For all Shinnie's limitations he made himself available to receive the ball. Commons seldom found any space to receive it. I reckon his legs have gone.

cabbageandribs1875
24-12-2016, 04:57 PM
who was the wee plump laddie wearing number 15, carrying some pre-xmas pudding(and trimmings)

to think cummings got dropped for carrying too much weight:whistle:

cabbageandribs1875
24-12-2016, 05:00 PM
I read on here a 50% fit Commons would walk into this team, i never thought they meant literally.

he needs to walk because of the weight

emerald green
24-12-2016, 05:04 PM
Kris Commons is not match fit, and it showed today.

If Hibs bring in players in the January transfer window, they will have to be match fit and ready to make an immediate improvement. A big ask for any player coming to a new club.

Hermit Crab
24-12-2016, 05:04 PM
I thought his touches and runs were good, especially in the first half he was one step ahead of the rest of the team, they just didn't read what he was going to do!

Tamhere1875
24-12-2016, 05:06 PM
Waste of a wage

Dalianwanda
24-12-2016, 05:06 PM
I thought his touches and runs were good, especially in the first half he was one step ahead of the rest of the team, they just didn't read what he was going to do!

I'd agree thought he played pretty well just not quite in sync with the others

BSEJVT
24-12-2016, 05:08 PM
Not for me on todays performance

Tried far to many flashy flicks and on the few occasions he had a sight of goal wasn't at the races.

Its early days though

Carheenlea
24-12-2016, 05:08 PM

While not a vintage performance, you could see in glimpses his quality.

Real Emerald
24-12-2016, 05:15 PM
Not for me on todays performance

Tried far to many flashy flicks and on the few occasions he had a sight of goal wasn't at the races.

Its early days though

Its never a good idea to sign old unfit players to plug a gap for a few weeks. He's obviously a very good player but in this league you need to be right up for it. He may get better after a few games but by then he'll be gone. Not convinced with these type of signing (still haunted by Ray Wilkins) but I'm hoping and praying we get some breaks as we simply must go up. 15.5K crowds will not be seen for a long time at Easter Road if we don't.

Heisenberg
24-12-2016, 05:16 PM
He was mince today. Offered nothing to us at all.

marleyhib
24-12-2016, 05:19 PM
He took a knock second half when shooting, needs to get match fit. Not sure he'll get time to as we can't have passengers at the moment.

Tricky one for Lennon, if he can get fit he could be class but it is a risk, it took Stokes a couple of months last season.

JimBHibees
24-12-2016, 05:30 PM
Thought he played well first half, got knock early doors second half.

FitbaFolkKen
24-12-2016, 06:44 PM

Might be a reasonable request but he doesn't have time. On a 4 week loan you are recruited for an immediate impact, he was anonymous today. Really disappointed.

northstandhibby
24-12-2016, 09:06 PM

I can't understand how we let Ryan Dow slip under our noses in the summer, a young energetic busy talented player who got snapped up by Partick. I would much rather we looked at getting players like him on decent contracts. He was a missed opportunity. He's the type of player we should be looking at.

Golden Bear
24-12-2016, 09:27 PM

Stubbed the ground while shooting at goal.

Del Boy
24-12-2016, 09:41 PM
I can't understand how we let Ryan Dow slip under our noses in the summer, a young energetic busy talented player who got snapped up by Partick. I would much rather we looked at getting players like him on decent contracts. He was a missed opportunity. He's the type of player we should be looking at.

He's at Ross County

BT58
24-12-2016, 09:43 PM
He tried a shot in first half. He was injured but carried on, his foot went into studs of defender. A sore one. Will be a good addition when match fit

northstandhibby
24-12-2016, 09:46 PM
He's at Ross County

Cheers bud. Was surprised we didn't go in for him or maybe we did and for one reason or another it didn't happen. Hey ho.

:aok:

coldingham hibs
24-12-2016, 10:04 PM
I thought Commons & Cummings were extremely poor today, both look unfit & lazy.

ancient hibee
24-12-2016, 10:06 PM
I thought Commons & Cummings were extremely poor today, both look unfit & lazy.
They're not lazy.

truehibernian
24-12-2016, 11:46 PM

Best player at Patrick is the lad Edwards - Australian I think - absolutely fabulous player, busy, skilful, energetic - Hibs should snap him up in a heartbeat - one of the best midfielders in the SPL.

northstandhibby
25-12-2016, 12:04 AM
Best player at Patrick is the lad Edwards - Australian I think - absolutely fabulous player, busy, skilful, energetic - Hibs should snap him up in a heartbeat - one of the best midfielders in the SPL.

Sounds like a real prospect! SJM is without a doubt one of the best midfielders in the country and it is so obvious we miss him. Doesn't mean though we shouldn't be looking to bring others in like the guy you've mentioned to complement SJM.

truehibernian
25-12-2016, 12:13 AM
Sounds like a real prospect! SJM is without a doubt one of the best midfielders in the country and it is so obvious we miss him. Doesn't mean though we shouldn't be looking to bring others in like the guy you've mentioned to complement SJM.

To be honest mate, I simply want two Pat McGinleys - two midfielders that contribute 10 each a season - good sides, winning teams, need scoring midfielders. We have none. The lad Edwards impressed me when I was working at Tynie last week. Not sure if he's a goal scorer or creator - I'd say latter.

If I were Leanne I'd break the bank for Danny Swanson - which we just might if I'm hearing right.

northstandhibby
25-12-2016, 12:24 AM
To be honest mate, I simply want two Pat McGinleys - two midfielders that contribute 10 each a season - good sides, winning teams, need scoring midfielders. We have none. The lad Edwards impressed me when I was working at Tynie last week. Not sure if he's a goal scorer or creator - I'd say latter.

If I were Leanne I'd break the bank for Danny Swanson - which we just might if I'm hearing right.

Would not argue with this lively creative hibby checking in at ER. Hope it comes true.

:agree:

truehibernian
25-12-2016, 12:26 AM
Would not argue with this lively creative hibby checking in at ER. Hope it comes true.

:agree:

Spoke to a relative of his today and he's been offered really good terms at St J - but Hibs are in for him - it's a 'heart or head' thing I'm led to believe, with him wanting the Hibs move.

Dunbar Hibee
25-12-2016, 02:53 AM
Spoke to a relative of his today and he's been offered really good terms at St J - but Hibs are in for him - it's a 'heart or head' thing I'm led to believe, with him wanting the Hibs move.

He's signing a new contact with St Johnstone.

gegs70
25-12-2016, 03:28 AM
He did ok but he was carrying a bit of excess weight some nice early touches but no pace......overall would have played Boyle in front of him as he needs to be fitter than that.....My thought is that if he's going to be here past 4 weeks then he shouldn't really start I would rather play Keatings or Boyle.

green day
25-12-2016, 07:12 AM
I sincerely hope that he doesn't use us to get fit, contribute little, then move to Dundee Utd!!

overdrive
25-12-2016, 09:03 AM
He's obviously a really good player when fully fit. In his current state though, I have hope that at the age of 32 and in despicable physical shape I can still make it as a professional athlete.

blackpoolhibs
25-12-2016, 10:10 AM
Remember those folk who said they were a little worried he might not be in good enough shape to show his undoubted talents, it seems they had a point.

Still he's got another couple of weeks to get there, sadly his deal also ends then too.

Phil MaGlass
25-12-2016, 10:16 AM
I am now thinking the reason we have him now is, he gets match fit then signs in January and is ready to go for the rest of the season. the emergency loan may have come at the right time.

blackpoolhibs
25-12-2016, 10:23 AM
I am now thinking the reason we have him now is, he gets match fit then signs in January and is ready to go for the rest of the season. the emergency loan may have come at the right time.

Ah the jam tomorrow theory,:wink: we seem to like that over here. Wouldnt it be nice just for once to have a player/team/manager that manages to win games play well and have the others chasing us, letting them worry about players fitness, dropping more points and watching huddys trying to do things they clearly cant anymore.:rolleyes:

Perhaps we are just not patient enough? :grr:

NORTHERNHIBBY
25-12-2016, 10:35 AM
There were plenty posters who said that a half fit Commons was more than good enough for us. Not sure if that was an overestimation of him or an underestimation of us. The impact of addressing an emergency is that something should happen quickly. If he was a signed player there would be no mumping if he was dropped.

eastcoasthibby
25-12-2016, 10:53 AM
We can't afford to have him and Shinnie on the park for me they both play in very similar roles, and as for Commons being a class above yes he has been, the question is, is has he still got it and I do take the point that he will not be near at match speed, but we cannot afford to have any passengers on the pitch and from what I watch it feels like we have 4-5 passengers every week and we wonder why we don't get results. Since starting to pick up the injuries, most weeks we have 1or 2 full backs that are passengers, 1-2 in midfield who are passengers and 1-2 up front, that isn't good enough or sustainable if we are to challenge for this league .....I look at a few of them and wonder who they think they are and if they actually fancy earning their wage in a game. Get them in training or at east mains for 5-6 hours a day, studying videos, working on throw-ins, bulking up, whatever and when they start to perform on a match day they can get back to being at work for 2-3 hours a day !! RANT OVER

Onceinawhile
25-12-2016, 03:07 PM
Pointless. Don't have time to get him match fit over 4 games and he isn't good enough to make a difference hand fit.

If keatings is fit, I'd bin him now.

judas
26-12-2016, 08:14 AM
Its typical Hibs, sign unfit or injured players.

Or manager