PDA

View Full Version : Scott Martin

Bishop Hibee
24-12-2016, 02:58 PM
A positive from today. He should start until Fyvie returns to full fitness.

houstonhibbee
24-12-2016, 02:59 PM
A positive from today. He should start until Fyvie returns to full fitness.
thought he played really well. Never gave up.

danhibees1875
24-12-2016, 03:00 PM
Agreed. Should have been MOTM, not that he had much competition for it right enough.

ancient hibee
24-12-2016, 03:00 PM
Played well until he tired in the last few minutes.Gave the rest of the midfield a lesson in how to play against teams like Raith.

macca70
24-12-2016, 03:06 PM
Thought he was outstanding, always looking to get on the ball, never hid once.

He will become a 1st team regular and move for decent money in the future.

Ozyhibby
24-12-2016, 03:08 PM
Thought he was excellent. Great performance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SMAXXA
24-12-2016, 03:09 PM
Pointless playing him where we did even more so as the game went on a holding midfielder at the bottom of the diamond taking the ball of the centre halfs at times when we are chasing to get back into the game. Would have him in the team based on that but further up the park where he can influence things more. Looks a good player and one I'm looking froward to seeing more off.

emerald green
24-12-2016, 03:09 PM
The lad had a good game. Much better than some far more experienced players around him. The only positive thing about this afternoon's game, which was dire and the outcome depressingly predictable.

NORTHERNHIBBY
24-12-2016, 03:13 PM
Players who think they are a shoe in should be worried. If we had the same from everyone we would be in a much better place. Same goes for the management. When the first team is down a few bodies the weak choice is to try to play players out of position.

Onion
24-12-2016, 03:21 PM
Did ok today, although an easy game for him to play in. Our problems lie elsewhere (ie up front).

biotech
24-12-2016, 03:52 PM
Hopefully, he'll get a run in the team now. Surely, Lennon can't drop him now.

Hibee Mac
24-12-2016, 03:54 PM
Offers a lot more in games like this than Bartley so well done to him

JimBHibees
24-12-2016, 03:55 PM
Good energy good passing. Miscontrolled a couple of times but deserves to keep his place IMO.

Real Emerald
24-12-2016, 03:55 PM
Good performance today and deserves another shot. :aok:

Pedantic_Hibee
24-12-2016, 03:56 PM
Never hid even after a few careless passes and touches. Drove forward a few times and looked like he cared and showed ability.

J-C
24-12-2016, 03:58 PM
Delighted to see him start and was a real positive from today, got to wonder why he hasn't started the last 2 games.

Golden Bear
24-12-2016, 03:58 PM
Great player. Beckons the question why he's never been considered before now.

MWHIBBIES
24-12-2016, 04:00 PM
Pointless playing him where we did even more so as the game went on a holding midfielder at the bottom of the diamond taking the ball of the centre halfs at times when we are chasing to get back into the game. Would have him in the team based on that but further up the park where he can influence things more. Looks a good player and one I'm looking froward to seeing more off.Do you like it when we punt the ball to Holt/Graham? Because that is what happens if he isn't taking the ball from the center halfs. That is why we miss Fyvie. He did his job very well today, I'm impressed

cabbageandribs1875
24-12-2016, 04:01 PM
the boy should be pleased with his performance, I certainly was

Pretty Boy
24-12-2016, 04:14 PM
Missed the game today but I've talked Martin up for about 2 years now so glad people were impressed and hopefully he gets a run in the team and proves he deserves to stay there.

greenlex
24-12-2016, 04:15 PM

This. I've been asking for weeks now.

emerald green
24-12-2016, 04:17 PM

The answer lies with the manager.

hibsbollah
24-12-2016, 04:20 PM
Absolutely delighted. Hopefully will encourage Mr Lennon to continue to give youth a chance...Crane at left back?

fishybeaver
24-12-2016, 04:26 PM
On his performance I would get stanton,Harris and Handling in place pronto!

green day
24-12-2016, 04:27 PM
Martin was excellent - My brother in law was up and took in the game.

Unprompted by me, he said Martin was excellent, thought he was MOM and he was surprised that he wasnt a "regular".

MWHIBBIES
24-12-2016, 04:28 PM
On his performance I would get stanton,Harris and Handling in place pronto!Those 3 have had enough chances. They might play a part yet but they wouldn't make the slightest bit of difference to our current woes.

Canon Hannan
24-12-2016, 04:30 PM
Absolutely delighted. Hopefully will encourage Mr Lennon to continue to give youth a chance...Crane at left back?

Neil should bring in Shaw and Crane. We also need our midfield back. Pronto 🙏🏼

snooky
24-12-2016, 04:35 PM
Agreed. Should have been MOTM, not that he had much competition for it right enough.

He was my choice.
Great covering tackle in the second half when the rest of the team were sleeping waiting for the ball to roll out at the dugouts - which it didn't.
Looked hungry and played with a positive style. :aok:

J-C
24-12-2016, 04:52 PM

I said at the game today that Lewis should be moved to left midfield and Crane brought in at left back. We've struggled in midfield recently due to injuries and Lewis can play there. A midfield 3 of Martin, Lewis and Dylan should've been good enough to see off Raith and would've allowed the creative players freedom.

FitbaFolkKen
24-12-2016, 05:05 PM
Got to disagree, thought he looked tidy without having an impact. Shinnie, Dylan and Martin seemed to be playing on top of each other second half and I think that's why Lennon hasn't been playing him as he is similar to what we have.

As a replacement for Bartley fair enough but I didn't think he was anywhere near stand out or man of the match.

tanfield
24-12-2016, 05:39 PM
Got to disagree, thought he looked tidy without having an impact. Shinnie, Dylan and Martin seemed to be playing on top of each other second half and I think that's why Lennon hasn't been playing him as he is similar to what we have.

As a replacement for Bartley fair enough but I didn't think he was anywhere near stand out or man of the match.

Sums it up for me. Tidy enough but played a few passes behind folk at times. Decent though overall, gets stuck in

oconnors_strip
24-12-2016, 08:14 PM
Thought Scott had a great game, he played his usual calm relaxed self and I was pleased to see him not get hot headed when Rudi was trying his best to wind him up.

Has to be a starter for next week at Falkirk

Centre Hawf
24-12-2016, 08:19 PM
Thought Scott had a great game, he played his usual calm relaxed self and I was pleased to see him not get hot headed when Rudi was trying his best to wind him up.

This. He wasn't frightened to get stuck in but didn't get caught up in his games. I liked him and thought he played very well.

B.H.F.C
24-12-2016, 08:19 PM
Thought he was decent enough. A better option than Bartley for me.

Golden Bear
24-12-2016, 08:20 PM

I agree. Am I right in saying that he has the skills and pace to be played further forward than he was today?

Smartie
24-12-2016, 08:28 PM
He was my MOTM.

Really good player, really good performance.

Baldy Foghorn
24-12-2016, 09:12 PM

:agree::agree::agree:

He was my MOTM too

smack
24-12-2016, 11:18 PM
Gets stuck in but no creativity whatsoever. No better than Bartley for me

Golden Bear
24-12-2016, 11:25 PM
He's a guid yin and well capable of a playing a more prominent midfield position than he did today.

seanshow
25-12-2016, 12:28 AM
For me, it was either youthful enthusiasm or west coast gallus that caught my eye, an example would be, late in the game that run down the main stand side that nearly created a goal was stepping up when others wouldn't, worth another start for sure. :)

green day
25-12-2016, 06:20 AM
Gets stuck in but no creativity whatsoever. No better than Bartley for me

You must have been bevvied if you think he offered less than Bartley recently.

Quicker, sharper, better in the tackle, created more, need I go on?

SMAXXA
25-12-2016, 08:27 AM
Do you like it when we punt the ball to Holt/Graham? Because that is what happens if he isn't taking the ball from the center halfs. That is why we miss Fyvie. He did his job very well today, I'm impressed

I disagree that is the only alternative if he's not there to take the ball. Our defenders are more jab capable of picking passes forward getting the extra midfielder more advanced allows is to play higher up the park. Too many times he was coming into take the ball from a centre half and played the same pass they could have made. This isn't a criticism of the lad mind it's just the system we played which we didn't adapt even when behind. Just how I saw it mind.

eastcoasthibby
25-12-2016, 11:45 AM
On his performance I would get stanton,Harris and Handling in place pronto!

Unfortunately not all at this level, Harris has been given a few opportunities and not taken them .. Stanton has the ability its about if /when/ can he produce the goods regularly enough ..Handling has been injured for about 2 years .. not sure what level he will return at but in my view for what that's worth I didn't see him as having it .. no pace and we have enough no pace players in the squad .... Martin situation is a questionable one as to why NL didn't think he was ahead of Bartley for example ... ??? but he should be now by quite a way !!