PDA

View Full Version : Shinnie

Enough said
24-12-2016, 02:49 PM
No guts no heart . Can't believe he never got subbed.

Thecat23
24-12-2016, 02:50 PM
Never rated him. Ship back and find another player!

Boyle89
24-12-2016, 02:52 PM
Garbage today. Not a fan. Couldn't care less if he didn't play again.

PPZPOL
24-12-2016, 02:56 PM
Want to like him but can't see anything in him at all.

blackpoolhibs
24-12-2016, 02:57 PM
All the ability you need to be a footballer, but a pea sized heart.

ancient hibee
24-12-2016, 02:58 PM
Loses the ball far too easily.

bookert
24-12-2016, 02:58 PM
I like him there's a good player in there, but he was poor today.

DaveF
24-12-2016, 02:59 PM
All the ability you need to be a footballer, but a pea sized heart.

Hmm, dunno about that. He's am enigma for sure. Likely to do something brilliant then utter ***** within seconds.

WhileTheChief..
I like Shinnie, been our best player the last few weeks.

Wasn't great today but I think him and Commons looked good in the first half. Made some good passes and I think a midfield of these 2 plus McGinn and Fyffe will do fine.

Holt and McGeough were far worse today.

Beefster
He plays well and is hailed. Plays pish and we should ship him back cos he's always been pish.

Or maybe footballers just have up and down performances, especially the more technical players? I blame the Premiership never being off the TV for unrealistic expectations of your average player.

QMU-1875
24-12-2016, 03:01 PM
Get rid.

blackpoolhibs
24-12-2016, 03:01 PM
Hmm, dunno about that. He's am enigma for sure. Likely to do something brilliant then utter ***** within seconds.

He's no strength at all, if he has a big heart he's no strength to show it.

houstonhibbee
24-12-2016, 03:02 PM

Wasn't great today but I think him and Commons looked good in the first half. Made some good passes and I think a midfield of these 2 plus McGinn and Fyffe will do fine.

I thought McGeough was our most creative player and moved the ball forward quickly which is what we have been desperately missing. Getting back to near his best again.

mcfly
24-12-2016, 03:02 PM
Doesn't improve the team - rubbish today

Boyle89
24-12-2016, 03:05 PM

You can't be serious?! Mcgeouch was the only footballer in the park today. There's a reason we always give the ball to him. We played some lovely stuff today and ALL of it came through mcgeouch.

Ozyhibby
24-12-2016, 03:07 PM
Is it possible to cancel his loan deal? He's been a terrible signing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

houstonhibbee
24-12-2016, 03:10 PM
You can't be serious?! Mcgeouch was the only footballer in the park today. There's a reason we always give the ball to him. We played some lovely stuff today and ALL of it came through mcgeouch.

100% agree:thumbsup:

lucky
24-12-2016, 03:10 PM
He makes mistakes but at least he tries to play the game the correct way. Look at Stevenson and Gray who were rubbish today. But as club legends they escape criticism

SloopJB
24-12-2016, 03:12 PM
He plays well and is hailed. Plays pish and we should ship him back cos he's always been pish.

Or maybe footballers just have up and down performances, especially the more technical players? I blame the Premiership never being off the TV for unrealistic expectations of your average player.
I don't think the same person hails him when he plays well, I must have missed that game, then says ship him out when he plays ..... Well, normally.

even if it was a down performance it's shocking he was allowed to perform to that level for 90 minutes without a sub being called.

Galahibby
24-12-2016, 03:13 PM

Apparently not... http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/andrew-shinnie-removed-recall-clause-from-hibs-contract-1-4325058

NORTHERNHIBBY
24-12-2016, 03:17 PM
Ability not in question. Application is in question. To be fair that is an accusation that stands for the whole team.

BSEJVT
24-12-2016, 03:18 PM

If you honestly believe that McGeough was worse than Shinnie today that I must have been a completely different football match

Shinnie is utter pish and has been for at least 80% of the time he has been here

I have never seen a professional footballer stand on or completely miss control the ball as often as he does.

Whilst he has the ability to pick a pass, it is all too infrequently used and his running with the ball either into contact situations or into space is woeful

Shinnie would be the first guy I would drop, closely followed by David Gray who use of the ball is terrible and was certainly far worse than Stevenson's today.

We are utterly rudderless with no urgency at all about the team.

I hate managers making wholesale change every week, all it tells me is that haven't a clue and rolling the dice hoping to get lucky

Which I think is a fair summary of Lennon's time in charge.

where'stheslope
24-12-2016, 03:19 PM
One player has a bad game, and you can get away with it , if two or more players have a bad game you are toiling in this league.
Players seem to be doing a lot of good things but with no end result is very disappointing.
We can turn this round, but we have to be careful and not focus on just Dundee United, we have also got to look behind us and keep that gap intact.
Said it on another thread, teams in this league want us to stay in it as we have the potential of big away support, so they are trying their hardest to upset the apple cart at every turn.

WhileTheChief..
24-12-2016, 03:21 PM

McGregor and Hanlon strolled through the game today, Martin looked really lively and both Commons and Cummings did fine. Boyle did ok when he came on.

Raith also had a few decent footballers on the park today and were well organised. They offered nothing in the first half but played some nice stuff in the second.

McGeough needs to learn how to go forward without running in a circle first. I thought he was hugely frustrating today.

JimBHibees
24-12-2016, 03:21 PM

disagree totally about holt and particularly Dylan who should never have been subbed

ancient hibee
24-12-2016, 03:22 PM
He makes mistakes but at least he tries to play the game the correct way. Look at Stevenson and Gray who were rubbish today. But as club legends they escape criticism
Strangely enough Gray laid on the simplest of open goals which both Cummings and Holt contrived to miss.

My_Wife_Camille
24-12-2016, 03:23 PM
Liam Craig in disguise. Get rid

My_Wife_Camille
24-12-2016, 03:26 PM

McGeouch was the best player on the park.

BSEJVT
24-12-2016, 03:26 PM
McGregor and Hanlon strolled through the game today, Martin looked really lively and both Commons and Cummings did fine. Boyle did ok when he came on.

Raith also had a few decent footballers on the park today and were well organised. They offered nothing in the first half but played some nice stuff in the second.

McGeough needs to learn how to go forward without running in a circle first. I thought he was hugely frustrating today.

I thought Commons was completely anonymous today and that coupled with that horrible Shinnie performance was the root cause of most of our troubles

WhileTheChief..
24-12-2016, 03:30 PM
disagree totally about holt and particularly Dylan who should never have been subbed

I thought Holt offerered nothing up until we scored then it looked like he really wanted to get the winner.

I like him generally but just didn't see it today. Similar with Dylan.

I'm not hating on them or wanting them dropped, I just think they were poor today.

I thought our best players today were McGregor, Hanlon, Commons, Cummings and Martin.

Nakedmanoncrack
24-12-2016, 03:34 PM
Lennon must have liked what he saw - he kept him in for the duration, which probably about sums up the man's judgement.

Hibee Mac
24-12-2016, 03:39 PM
Shinnie offers us nothing, he must have one of the worst first touches for a midfielder

Nicho87
24-12-2016, 03:41 PM
Punt him.

BoomtownHibees
24-12-2016, 03:43 PM
He's got a great ability of looking class and ***** all in the one move

Dashing Bob S
24-12-2016, 03:45 PM

McGeough was miles ahead of everyone else on the pitch today.

Shinnie is too lightweight and tentative to do justice to his considerable abilities as a player. But nowhere was he anywhere near McGeough's class today.

cabbageandribs1875
24-12-2016, 03:45 PM
I thought McGeough was our most creative player and moved the ball forward quickly which is what we have been desperately missing. Getting back to near his best again.

me too :agree: Dylan and the young laddie Martin get pass marks from me anyway, the rest...bleh

Pedantic_Hibee
24-12-2016, 03:53 PM
Slippers was sh**e again today. All fur coat and nae knickers.

Can't stay on his feet, takes an age to control a ball played to him on the ground, runs up blind alleys, terrible first touch.

Must do better. And he can.

wookie70
24-12-2016, 03:56 PM

I thought Shinnie had a brilliant attitude today. He never gave up and was constantly making himself available and not hiding. He did play poorly though and possibly needs a week out.

Taking his first touch backwards is a major criticism of Dylan for me normally but, particularly, in the first half his first touch was forward and he played higher up the park. His passing was also very good. He did tire like Commons though Hanlon and McGregor did play well but surely the Raith Scorer should have been picked up by one of them. Martin was our best player imo. I am concerned about our fitness and sharpness. Jason looks to have lost a bit of spark understandably due to being dropped the way he was. Holt just can't score and a couple of times today he tried a pass or a dummy when a shot was the better option, again he tired badly as you would expect for a 35 year old. Keatings did ok but looked nowhere near fit to me. Graham will struggle as he never gets a proper chance and must think that if he doesn't score he will be dropped immediately.

Stevenson played well today in his better position. He was able to time his runs better so he was getting to the bye line and his crossing was better. David Gray, much as we all love him, needs dropped or rested.

California-Hibs
24-12-2016, 04:02 PM
Glad this threads up and I'm not alone! Literally screaming at the tv today. He has the heart of a mouse! Little to no pace and the style in which he runs with the ball is a very hard watch.

He has attributes buts he's so frustrating!!

snooky
24-12-2016, 04:06 PM
Amazing to read the posts above. It shows how different we all view players and their performances.
FWIW -
Holt - I have never liked him much but thought he did well today.
Dylan - I really rate him but I thought he blew hot and cold throughout the match
Martin - He played very well and certainly didn't look out of place. Great cover tackle on the west touchline in the 2nd half.
Commons - Hardly noticed him, TBH.
Full backs - Gray was hot & cold & Louie wasn't as adventurous as usual (maybe he was told not to be).
Darren & Paul - Strolled it.
Cummings - Little service but blew what he did get.
Squirrel - brought some energy to a game being played in Zombie fashion.
Shinnie - Played well the last couple of times I've seen him. A total 'mare today should have got the pantomime hook early doors.
Goalie - did what was required. No chance with their goal.

Ref - Couple of iffy calls but on the whole I thought he was good. I'd take the likes of that standard every week.
Crowd - Big gate but very quiet but no wonder. It was like there was a funeral procession on the park - but slower.

Analysis - (I could get a rubber stamp made of this).
No urgency or pace. No width. No clinical finish.
Almost no running off the ball - I'm sure I've seen more player movement in a game of subbutteo.

GreenCastle
24-12-2016, 04:14 PM
Too similar to play alongside Commons.

I rate him but not is this formation.

Liked him at Dundee Utd away but he's not a Bartley or Martin and won't scrap. He is creative but need more from him still.

marleyhib
24-12-2016, 04:14 PM
Utterly useless today, weak, falls over all the time. Sideways or backwards or lost the ball against very average opposition.

Heisenberg
24-12-2016, 04:18 PM
His ability in front of goal is abysmal. Totally different to how I remember him at Inverness.

MWHIBBIES
24-12-2016, 04:26 PM
Terrible signing? He hasn't been great but he has 7/8 assists and 1 goal. He isn't consistent enough though and if better is about we should go for it.

NORTHERNHIBBY
24-12-2016, 04:30 PM
To many players just now are getting the shirt based on what they have done or what they could do.

MWHIBBIES
24-12-2016, 04:31 PM
To many players just now are getting the shirt based on what they have done or what they could do.Really? who is sitting out that could do better??

fife hfc
24-12-2016, 04:37 PM
Shinnie is being played to deep. A few weeks ago he was playing in behind the forwards and starting to look good and now he is playing deeper and he doesn't have the defensive abilities to play there and so I would not blame him for his poor performances in the last few games but Lennon for playing him there.

J-C
24-12-2016, 04:40 PM
Where to start,

Can't jump, slow with no pace to get past a man, can't tackle, too many touches and dribbles, weak in the challenge and as someone else said a heart the size of a pea, shirks 50/50 all the time.

He's another of these loan players who come and go, no great affinity for the club, they're only hear because their parent club don't want them, give me a young hungry loan player like Henderson over chicken hearted Shinnie all day long.

MWHIBBIES
24-12-2016, 04:40 PM
Shinnie is being played to deep. A few weeks ago he was playing in behind the forwards and starting to look good and now he is playing deeper and he doesn't have the defensive abilities to play there and so I would not blame him for his poor performances in the last few games but Lennon for playing him there.Who else is Lennon supposed to play there? He has to play there and he should be doing a better job of it in this league.

gjb
24-12-2016, 04:54 PM

Holt and McGeough were far worse today.shinnie was dire today and Dylan was outstanding until he was subbed. Shinnie lost more ball to the opposition than the rest of the team put together, he gets the ball and runs down blind alleys alienating himself then loses the ball. Sorry can't believe you post

supermcginn
24-12-2016, 04:56 PM
Reminds me of tom soares, some nice touches but a coward and no heart

Alan62
24-12-2016, 05:00 PM

The same McGeough who was the best player on the pitch by a country mile?

JimBHibees
24-12-2016, 05:01 PM
Amazing to read the posts above. It shows how different we all view players and their performances.
FWIW -
Holt - I have never liked him much but thought he did well today.
Dylan - I really rate him but I thought he blew hot and cold throughout the match
Martin - He played very well and certainly didn't look out of place. Great cover tackle on the west touchline in the 2nd half.
Commons - Hardly noticed him, TBH.
Full backs - Gray was hot & cold & Louie wasn't as adventurous as usual (maybe he was told not to be).
Darren & Paul - Strolled it.
Cummings - Little service but blew what he did get.
Squirrel - brought some energy to a game being played in Zombie fashion.
Shinnie - Played well the last couple of times I've seen him. A total 'mare today should have got the pantomime hook early doors.
Goalie - did what was required. No chance with their goal.

Ref - Couple of iffy calls but on the whole I thought he was good. I'd take the likes of that standard every week.
Crowd - Big gate but very quiet but no wonder. It was like there was a funeral procession on the park - but slower.

Analysis - (I could get a rubber stamp made of this).
No urgency or pace. No width. No clinical finish.
Almost no running off the ball - I'm sure I've seen more player movement in a game of subbutteo.

Not sure you can say two centre halfs strolled when for 3rd time in recent weeks we lost a goal to pretty much the first real attack opposition had. United Morton and today.

FitbaFolkKen
24-12-2016, 05:06 PM
I like Shinnie but he blows hot and cold, nothing came off for him today :(

kaimendhibs
24-12-2016, 05:14 PM
My thoughts exactly

SingaporeHibs
24-12-2016, 05:26 PM

Have you mistaken McGeouch and Shinnie today? Do they wear the same Colour boots? Watching on HibsTV it was certainly McGeouch that was linking up with Commons well during the 1st half. Dylan was by far our best player in the first half by a mile. Shinnie was rank, terrible first touch, tripping over the ball at times, he was way off the mark generally. Would have been the first player I removed from the park.

hibee_girl
24-12-2016, 05:27 PM
He's not done anything for me since he arrived tbh, today was the worst

houstonhibbee
24-12-2016, 05:55 PM
He's not done anything for me since he arrived tbh, today was the worst
what he do?

The Modfather
24-12-2016, 06:04 PM
Not sure you can say two centre halfs strolled when for 3rd time in recent weeks we lost a goal to pretty much the first real attack opposition had. United Morton and today.

I didn't make the game today so no idea what the goal was like. However in a more general sense it is not solely the defenders responsible for defending.

WhileTheChief..
24-12-2016, 06:38 PM
Have you mistaken McGeouch and Shinnie today? Do they wear the same Colour boots? Watching on HibsTV it was certainly McGeouch that was linking up with Commons well during the 1st half. Dylan was by far our best player in the first half by a mile. Shinnie was rank, terrible first touch, tripping over the ball at times, he was way off the mark generally. Would have been the first player I removed from the park.

Watching form the west stand I could clearly distinguish between the 2 players :wink:

Just saw things differently to others, no biggy.

Ricky Bobby
24-12-2016, 06:42 PM
I like Shinnie but he blows hot and cold, nothing came off for him today :(

I agree, there is no denying he was dire today.

Brightside
24-12-2016, 06:42 PM
Shinnie got in great positions today and should have got a hat-trick. Boyle got slated for less.

Smartie
24-12-2016, 07:56 PM
He frustrates the life out of me.

I wish he was just simply pish though because then you could easily justify not playing him.

He was awful today, just awful. But there was one point in the second half when no sooner had he embarrassed himself with either a poor touch or falling over his feet (I forget which) than when the ball broke to him he very nearly hit an exquisite wee ball in to Jason.

He has the ability, more than anyone else we have, to pick open a packed defence with a pinpoint pass. He also has the ability to look like a Sunday league player who has borrowed his Dad's boots to play, which are 4 sizes too big.

Infuriating player, terrible today, but we can't go writing him off yet.

B.H.F.C
24-12-2016, 08:00 PM
Loads of the ball. Gets in to good positions then generally gives the it away. There is a player in there but he's not shown it nearly enough.

Golden Bear
24-12-2016, 08:05 PM
He had an off day but I'm sure pressure of work will result in even the Big Man above having the occasional off day as well.

Greenworld
25-12-2016, 07:54 AM
If you honestly believe that McGeough was worse than Shinnie today that I must have been a completely different football match

Shinnie is utter pish and has been for at least 80% of the time he has been here

I have never seen a professional footballer stand on or completely miss control the ball as often as he does.

Whilst he has the ability to pick a pass, it is all too infrequently used and his running with the ball either into contact situations or into space is woeful

Shinnie would be the first guy I would drop, closely followed by David Gray who use of the ball is terrible and was certainly far worse than Stevenson's today.

We are utterly rudderless with no urgency at all about the team.

I hate managers making wholesale change every week, all it tells me is that haven't a clue and rolling the dice hoping to get lucky

Which I think is a fair summary of Lennon's time in charge.
Excellent post agree with it all

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Winston Ingram
25-12-2016, 01:47 PM

My thoughts exactly. He'll be one of our biggest costs and I'm sure we could get more value elsewhere.

J-C
25-12-2016, 05:46 PM
My thoughts exactly. He'll be one of our biggest costs and I'm sure we could get more value elsewhere.

We can't have Shinnie and Commons in the team, too similar, not convinced by either tbh.

HappyHanlon
26-12-2016, 12:02 PM
Someone compared him to Tom Soares - spot on
Someone else compared him to Liam Craig - also spot on.

A hybrid Liam Soares type player who is utterly minging.

Cut his loan spell short and send back to Birmingham.

JimBHibees
26-12-2016, 12:13 PM
We can't have Shinnie and Commons in the team, too similar, not convinced by either tbh.

I think we can but tend to agree very similar players which also makes being linked with Henderson and Christie bizarre also as they are similar.

Jones28
26-12-2016, 12:19 PM
I thought he was dreadful. I'd have the same team next week but have Keatings or Boyle in for Shinnie.

Liam978
26-12-2016, 05:29 PM
I thought he was dreadful. I'd have the same team next week but have Keatings or Boyle in for Shinnie.

Defo a player in there, never quite came off for him sat, but he never hid , as the stats show he was in possession even more than Cuthbert,

Shrekko
26-12-2016, 05:48 PM
Someone compared him to Tom Soares - spot on
Someone else compared him to Liam Craig - also spot on.

A hybrid Liam Soares type player who is utterly minging.

Cut his loan spell short and send back to Birmingham.
Nothing like Liam Craig - worst comparison I've ever read.

Centre Hawf
26-12-2016, 11:57 PM
Nothing like Liam Craig - worst comparison I've ever read. Craig got it tight from Hibs fans, myself included, but he never went hiding. Things never came off for him majority of the time but I at least knew he did everything he could do or thought would work. Shinnie I'm not so sure about.

Michael
28-12-2016, 10:57 AM
You can't say that Shinnie ever hides. If he can find the back of the net a couple of times soon then extra confidence might be just what he needs.

Tom Hart RIP
28-12-2016, 11:17 AM
You can't say that Shinnie ever hides. If he can find the back of the net a couple of times soon then extra confidence might be just what he needs.

Agree 100%. ThAts one of the qualities I like about AS. Always available to help a teammate even when he is not playing well.

The Leith Dutch
28-12-2016, 11:54 AM
Not saying he's a great player or completely disagreeing with what heart he has but during the games I've watched this season (around 2 in 3 home games and whatever TV coverage we get) he's played more "killer" passes than the rest of the team put together.

I don't mean "Shinnie is great let's keep him!" but we need someone who can play those slide rule passes to cut a packed defence apart.

Comparing McGeough and Shinnie is kind of pointless - completely different roles they're playing (or at least should be asked to play).

McGeough is a centre midfield who you use to play through the midfield and who's good at driving forward (though if I'm being critical I thought he was a little sideways on Saturday). I don't think he's a playmaker though others may see it differently.

Shinnie is (or at least should be) a playmaker in the Scott Allan style. He's obviously not as good as Scott Allan and he does get caught in possession too often but that's because he tries to play with his head up and doesn't quite have the quality to do it.

The big questions is can we sign someone who does have the quality to do that?

28-12-2016, 11:58 AM
Such a disappointment. When I watched him on his debut at ER for us he was the best player on the park and I was really excited about him.

My_Wife_Camille
28-12-2016, 12:08 PM
Craig got it tight from Hibs fans, myself included, but he never went hiding. Things never came off for him majority of the time but I at least knew he did everything he could do or thought would work. Shinnie I'm not so sure about.
Liam Craig never went hiding!? Heard it all now! Liam Craig was one of the worst I've seen for hiding. Never seen anyone master the art of marking themselves out of a game as we'll a single he did. The only time he'd come oot of hiding is when's he'd run 40 yards to argue with the referee.

The Shinnie/Craig comparison is perfect. Two 'creative' midfielders who don't create and seem to have real problems with basic ball control. Nobody knows if they are supposed to be central or wide players, neither very good at passing and neither any good at shooting yet both insist on swanning around the park with air of superiority that is completely unwarranted.

Smartie
28-12-2016, 12:09 PM
Something just nags at me that Shinnie is somehow going to be pivotal to our fortunes.

If he can add a bit of consistency, find a role that suits his strengths and get some good quick players to run onto his excellent killer balls then we might have the best player in the league on our hands.

Much more of the falling over his feet and giving the ball away regularly and we'd be as well cutting our losses now.

The last time I had this feeling about a player was with Stokes when he'd made a mixed start.

bigwheel
28-12-2016, 12:10 PM
Liam Craig never went hiding!? Heard it all now! Liam Craig was one of the worst I've seen for hiding. Never seen anyone master the art of marking themselves out of a game as we'll a single he did. The only time he'd come oot of hiding is when's he'd run 40 yards to argue with the referee.

The Shinnie/Craig comparison is perfect. Two 'creative' midfielders who don't create and seem to have real problems with basic ball control. Nobody knows if they are supposed to be central or wide players, neither very good at passing and neither any good at shooting yet both insist on swanning around the park with air of superiority that is completely unwarranted.

No chance - criticise his contribution all
You want - but he never hid - always available for the ball - even at the lowest points ...

stantonhibby
28-12-2016, 03:48 PM

Absolute drivel

Golden Bear
28-12-2016, 04:03 PM
Absolute drivel

:agree:

Nothing further to add.

My_Wife_Camille
28-12-2016, 04:41 PM
No chance - criticise his contribution all
You want - but he never hid - always available for the ball - even at the lowest points ...
Absolute drivel, nothing further to add.

ancient hibee
28-12-2016, 04:59 PM
When a player is low in confidence he always has trouble controlling the ball as he tries to do things too quickly.This is Shinnie at the moment.

MWHIBBIES
28-12-2016, 05:21 PM
Shinnie has 7 assists this season, wish our other midfielders didn't create that much.

He is also absolutely nothing like Liam Craig, totally different players.

Hiber-nation
28-12-2016, 05:21 PM
Craig got it tight from Hibs fans, myself included, but he never went hiding. Things never came off for him majority of the time but I at least knew he did everything he could do or thought would work. Shinnie I'm not so sure about.

I thought Liam was a good Hibs captain off the pitch but he certainly hid on it - Partick away was the most obvious when we lost 3-1.

Shinnie frustrates the hell out of me but I'm not writing him off yet. I think he's a better player with Boyle in front of him making these runs.

Brooster
28-12-2016, 05:29 PM
Shinnie is a good player, no doubt about that. His best games in my opinion were Morton home and DU away. He operates the 10 hole very well and his slide rule and reverse passes are excellent (the strikers should be making more of them). If he could up things by 10% he will be on song.....they all need to raise it by 10%....quickly. If that happens we will go on a great run. We (the fans) must get behind them though. Its easy to forget these boys are early to mid 20s. They need encouragement. Lets do it.....as a team.

B.H.F.C
28-12-2016, 05:59 PM
Shinnie has 7 assists this season, wish our other midfielders didn't create that much.

He is also absolutely nothing like Liam Craig, totally different players.

He also only has one goal which, given the advanced position he plays, isn't good enough.

I think there is a player in there and at times he's shown some glimpses of it. At times I think he's also looked terrible though. Must do better because I do think he's capable.

Greenworld
28-12-2016, 07:53 PM
Shinnie is a good player, no doubt about that. His best games in my opinion were Morton home and DU away. He operates the 10 hole very well and his slide rule and reverse passes are excellent (the strikers should be making more of them). If he could up things by 10% he will be on song.....they all need to raise it by 10%....quickly. If that happens we will go on a great run. We (the fans) must get behind them though. Its easy to forget these boys are early to mid 20s. They need encouragement. Lets do it.....as a team.
Utter nonsense I watch him every week and disspear he is average at best no better I don't think he has another gear so for me a terrible signing

Brooster
28-12-2016, 08:55 PM
Utter nonsense I watch him every week and disspear he is average at best no better I don't think he has another gear so for me a terrible signing

Utter nonsense.....right you are.

Greenworld
28-12-2016, 08:58 PM
Utter nonsense.....right you are.
Truth is hard to accept sometimes but some guys seem to have a love in with shinnie not my average is all he is in the championship of Scotland

Brooster
28-12-2016, 09:00 PM
Truth is hard to accept sometimes but some guys seem to have a love in with shinnie not my average is all he is in the championship of Scotland

Ok pal.

Big L
28-12-2016, 09:06 PM
I thought his 1st game was good, looked to be the kind of intelligent player we needed round the box and capable of getting goals, I came away delighted, but I've been disappointed with lots of his performances since. I think Lennon expected more and will be disappointed to!

pacorosssco
28-12-2016, 09:16 PM
I think we can but tend to agree very similar players which also makes being linked with Henderson and Christie bizarre also as they are similar.

Commons not match fit , needs sharpness. Shinnie had time to do not taken. One should replace the other. Need width but Henderson and Christie good players to take if can and available. Mcginn will not be here much longer. Possible Fyvie too. Most likely planning ahead with these if true.

Captain Trips
28-12-2016, 11:43 PM
Not been good enough along with a few others.

The Leith Dutch
29-12-2016, 10:55 AM
Commons not match fit , needs sharpness. Shinnie had time to do not taken. One should replace the other. Need width but Henderson and Christie good players to take if can and available. Mcginn will not be here much longer. Possible Fyvie too. Most likely planning ahead with these if true.

I like Henderson. I love his affection for the club. I *really* like what he did in the Cup Final.

All that said based on what he did day in day out last season and what he's done since returning to Celtic I'm unclear why anyone thinks it's a signing that will address our problems.