PDA

View Full Version : Laidlaw/ Marciano

Unseen work
24-12-2016, 02:44 PM
This is not a dig at laidlaw as he has done well whenever called upon.'

However, we seem to rarely concede when Marciano is in goals and get a lot of clean sheets.

When laidlaw is in we concede quite a bit more.

Could this be to do with organisation from the goalkeepers instructions or just a coincidence?

ancient hibee
24-12-2016, 03:12 PM
He's very poor with the ball at his feet and doesn't move it quickly enough,don't think he sees where to put it.Otherwise he's an average goalie at this level.

lucky
24-12-2016, 03:16 PM
He's very poor with the ball at his feet and doesn't move it quickly enough,don't think he sees where to put it.Otherwise he's an average goalie at this level.

Harsh, can't think of anything he's does wrong or to justify your comments

Ozyhibby
24-12-2016, 03:18 PM
Laidlaw or the defence are not the problem. Our lack of goals is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dashing Bob S
24-12-2016, 03:50 PM
Laidlaw is decent enough but he doesn't instill the same level of confidence in the back four as Rocky.

Green-Hibee-7
24-12-2016, 03:56 PM
His kicking is sometimes suspect but I always think he is looking to get the game started pretty quickly. My mate played with him at Raith and said he's awful. I actually think he's alright and would be more than happy to have him as a back up!

brianmc
24-12-2016, 07:15 PM
Never had a chance with the goal today or the one against morton - there's plenty other candidates that the finger of blame could be pointed at before the goalie.

Bostonhibby
24-12-2016, 07:17 PM
No issue with the guy. Goals win games, especially at this level

Sent from my HTC One mini 2 using Tapatalk

Brightside
24-12-2016, 07:17 PM
Mental thread. Blame the marker that gave the guy a free header!

Billy Whizz
24-12-2016, 07:21 PM
I think we're lucky to have Ross as our back up. Don't think he did much wrong today. I'm more than happy with him

BT58
24-12-2016, 07:21 PM
I thought that Laidlaw was carrying an injury. At ht he was out early and was doing a few stretches with the goalie coach.He wasnt to blame for the goal, the centre half who scored should have been defended better

Billy Whizz
24-12-2016, 07:22 PM
I thought that Laidlaw was carrying an injury. At ht he was out early and was doing a few stretches with the goalie coach.He wasnt to blame for the goal, the centre half who scored should have been defended better

Think Gray was on the guy who scored

BT58
24-12-2016, 07:24 PM
Think Holt might have been a better cover as the guy was a giant

sbell1875
24-12-2016, 10:56 PM
Overall our defensive record is decent but what concerns me is how often we concede in terms of chances created against us. There again today Raith have scored with probably their only effort on target in the game. Same thing happened earlier in the season against Falkirk, Ayr & Dundee United.

Nicho87
24-12-2016, 11:03 PM
Doesnt do much wrong doesnt strike me as a rough diamond either though. God knows what he was doing when he tried to beat the raith attacker though.

cabbageandribs1875
24-12-2016, 11:10 PM
Overall our defensive record is decent but what concerns me is how often we concede in terms of chances created against us. There again today Raith have scored with probably their only effort on target in the game. Same thing happened earlier in the season against Falkirk, Ayr & Dundee United.

and Q.o.s. I can only assume that with the little chances that these teams have against us, and take these said few chances, it can only be clinical finishing

p.s. Raith also hit the bar after they went ahead

Unseen work
25-12-2016, 12:21 AM
Mental thread. Blame the marker that gave the guy a free header!

How? I have not gave him stick. You must be seeing what you want to see as opposed to what I wrote.

We seem to concede more goals with him than Marciano, I just asked the question is if coincidence or does maricano organise the defence better?

CyberSauzee
25-12-2016, 03:54 PM
We've conceded so few goals this season that it's impossible to start saying who's really better. Defence and keeper, whoever plays, have been generally excellent. If we can't take chances on the other hand...

One thing that impressed me about Laidlaw was his distribution from hand. Turned defence into attack very quickly with his throws.

Smartie
25-12-2016, 03:59 PM
We've had enough ropey first choice goalkeepers over the years.

Laidlaw is a very solid reserve keeper and was in no way responsible for the goal.

SkintHibby
25-12-2016, 04:19 PM
I can't believe someone has started a pishy thread on who our better goalie is. Our goalkeeper is the least of our problems. Hibs.net is unreal at times!

MWHIBBIES
25-12-2016, 05:22 PM
Overall our defensive record is decent but what concerns me is how often we concede in terms of chances created against us. There again today Raith have scored with probably their only effort on target in the game. Same thing happened earlier in the season against Falkirk, Ayr & Dundee United.No no, that was Oxleys fault, it is sorted now that we hounded him out.

CropleyWasGod
25-12-2016, 06:18 PM
No no, that was Oxleys fault, it is sorted now that we hounded him out.
Tell you what. Oxley's contact lens should get its own display in the Hibs museum. It's a big part of the story.[emoji1]

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

FitbaFolkKen
25-12-2016, 08:41 PM
No no, that was Oxleys fault, it is sorted now that we hounded him out.

Doing well at Southend after a ropey start, pleased for him.

Tamhere1875
25-12-2016, 09:27 PM
Got a cracking young goalkeeper in the development team Paddy Martin he is one that I could see pushing for a place in the next few seasons if not before

Borderhibbie76
26-12-2016, 02:15 PM
Best defence in the UK so we start a thread about out goalkeeper...sums this place up just now. It's our lack of goals from midfield and up front that's the issue...not our defence or goalkeepers ffs

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

truehibernian
26-12-2016, 02:23 PM
Got a cracking young goalkeeper in the development team Paddy Martin he is one that I could see pushing for a place in the next few seasons if not before

Really really nice respectful lad, incredibly grounded for his age and really hope he does mate. Needs to bulk up to be a presence in the area (however that'll come naturally as he grows) but very agile and reads the game well.

hibby6270
26-12-2016, 06:41 PM
We've only lost 10 goals in 18 games. Best defensive record in the UK afaik.
Even in Championship terms we are the top goalscorers with 30 but in 18 games that is less than 2 a game on average.

Given the possession we dominate and regularly create so many more chances per game than the opposition, it's that stat we should be worrying about. Should certainly be more than 2 per game. Should be at least 2 and more appropriately, 3 or 4 per game. If it was, then highly likely we'd win these games rather than draw or lose the games we have up til now.

Both Marciano and Laidlaw haven't really been tested to the extent that they are 'having to save us in matches' (one exception maybe one of Ayr's goals at ER - Rocky mainly to blame due to indecision), so it's very difficult to criticise either of them or state a preference for either.

I'd even go as far as to say that if we still had Oxley as number 1, we'd still be in the same position today. Although he was responsible for the odd howler, he wasn't as bad as a lot of us made out. One thing he did have over Rocky and Ross was more assured kicking/clearing of the ball.

Clinical strikers and incisive midfielders is what we need. McGinn and Fyvie coming back from injury will help but they need support and assistance. Let's hope January transfer window us kind to us.