Howz it the manager's fault?

houstonhibbee
24-12-2016, 03:58 PM
maybe because that's his job?

Northernhibee
24-12-2016, 03:59 PM

It's his job to inspire, develop, hire and create tactics for our talent. He's failing in all four areas.

danhibees1875
24-12-2016, 04:02 PM

It's not 100% his fault. But he should shoulder some blame for our recent form.

Largshibby
24-12-2016, 08:04 PM

Because Lennon has the best squad of players in the league by far and he can't galvanise them sufficiently to beat utter garbage like RR.

Ozyhibby
24-12-2016, 08:16 PM

Depends on who was responsible for the poor summer transfer activity. Lots of reports that Lennon was well hacked off at our reluctance to spend in August. So long as it's fixed in Jan we should be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Billy Whizz
24-12-2016, 08:31 PM
Because Lennon has the best squad of players in the league by far and he can't galvanise them sufficiently to beat utter garbage like RR.

I'm sure he galvinsed them today
Possession 65%
Shots 16
Corners 9

On this occasion I find it hard to blame our manager, all the blame is on the players for failing to win today

Thecat23
24-12-2016, 08:34 PM
I blame both. Players aren't good enough well some aren't and we must now ship some out even if they are "fan favourites."

PompeyHibs
24-12-2016, 08:35 PM
We are brutal ... cant score goals very boring stuff home and away ggtth

4th season in diddy league coming up as we love the play offs

Thecat23
24-12-2016, 08:37 PM
We are brutal ... cant score goals very boring stuff home and away ggtth

4th season in diddy league coming up as we love the play offs

**** I never knew we went into the play offs on Dec. Hope the fans back them again!!!!!

SunshineOnLeith
24-12-2016, 08:48 PM

Quite literally his job.

PompeyHibs
24-12-2016, 08:53 PM
**** I never knew we went into the play offs on Dec. Hope the fans back them again!!!!!

15,409 fans plus all the others would indicate that we are behind the team.

We are not good. We cant score goals. Another game a team has 2/3 shots and gets a goal and we have nearly 20 shots and score 1.

Pretty crap imo.

But give the lads a chance... we've only played 18 games, its only three years in diddy league... we won the cup

Thecat23
24-12-2016, 09:26 PM
15,409 fans plus all the others would indicate that we are behind the team.

We are not good. We cant score goals. Another game a team has 2/3 shots and gets a goal and we have nearly 20 shots and score 1.

Pretty crap imo.

But give the lads a chance... we've only played 18 games, its only three years in diddy league... we won the cup

I know they are and have been each time when asked!

Think your soaking yourself in your own urine here. But if come May you are right I'll happily say you called it. I still think Hibs will win the league so I'm thankfully urine free for now. 😎👍🏼

PompeyHibs
24-12-2016, 09:57 PM
I know they are and have been each time when asked!

Think your soaking yourself in your own urine here. But if come May you are right I'll happily say you called it. I still think Hibs will win the league so I'm thankfully urine free for now. 😎👍🏼

I hope your right. 18 games in and its squeely bum time for us. 2017 lets hope its a promotion season 🏆🍻

Sergey
24-12-2016, 10:04 PM
I hope your right. 18 games in and its squeely bum time for us. 2017 lets hope its a promotion season 🏆🍻

Are you actually based in the Portsmouth area?

PompeyHibs
24-12-2016, 10:16 PM
Are you actually based in the Portsmouth area?

Yes. Hampshire

Hermit Crab
24-12-2016, 10:19 PM
We are dominating games, creating chances but just can't score enough goals and thats with rotating the front men to see what works best. Not the managers fault we have crap strikers.

Sergey
24-12-2016, 10:25 PM
Yes. Hampshire

:aok:

There's a number of Hampshire based supporters. We've probably met :shhhsh!:

truehibernian
24-12-2016, 10:31 PM
Don't know what the panic is - we've had four key players injured, four games with 10 men (I think), each of those games where we've had to play long periods (and were not beaten, again, I think) - Utd have had no injuries of note to key players, won't strengthen like we will as Thompson is skint - I'm in the relaxed bracket !

Oh, plus we'll make 3 great signings - just sayin'

PompeyHibs
24-12-2016, 10:47 PM
:aok:

There's a number of Hampshire based supporters. We've probably met :shhhsh!:

🍻🍻

gillythehibby
24-12-2016, 10:50 PM
Quite literally his job.

It's not his job to score goals is it? Look at the stats and tell me we should't have won this game today. That's down to players. Constant knee jerk reaction to blame the manager. It's becoming rather boring this tact. It's like effin ground hog day. Try looking at the so-called strikers. Had we taken chances, there'd be no talk of the manager. This had been happening for weeks. Lets see what we can do in the window to solve this.

West lower
24-12-2016, 10:52 PM
Don't know what the panic is - we've had four key players injured, four games with 10 men (I think), each of those games where we've had to play long periods (and were not beaten, again, I think) - Utd have had no injuries of note to key players, won't strengthen like we will as Thompson is skint - I'm in the relaxed bracket !

The panic is that if we lose the next 2 matches, and Utd keep winning there is naff all new signings or returning fit players can do to stop them taking the title if they keep winning. I know you can't win the title in January, but you can lose it.
I still think we will catch them , but it's a nervy time for sure.

truehibernian
24-12-2016, 11:01 PM
The panic is that if we lose the next 2 matches, and Utd keep winning there is naff all new signings or returning fit players can do to stop them taking the title if they keep winning. I know you can't win the title in January, but you can lose it.
I still think we will catch them , but it's a nervy time for sure.

Hence there's no panic if we are playing 'what ifs' ?

What if Andreu and Flood get injured ? What if Utd go 3 games away with 10 men ? What if they lose the next 2 ?

Season has not reached halfway - relax !

Mr White
24-12-2016, 11:09 PM

What if Andreu and Flood get injured ? What if Utd go 3 games away with 10 men ? What if they lose the next 2 ?

It's exactly halfway. 18 league games played, 18 to go. I can't understand why anyone would be relaxed about our current circumstances all things considered. We need a number of things to change or we won't win the league.

lord bunberry
24-12-2016, 11:11 PM
Look on the positive side, it's better than being third at Christmas :greengrin
Merry Christmas we'll still win the league because we are the mental hibees.

truehibernian
24-12-2016, 11:14 PM
It's exactly halfway. 18 league games played, 18 to go. I can't understand why anyone would be relaxed about our current circumstances all things considered. We need a number of things to change or we won't win the league.

True, I was including Cup run (hopefully)

Del Boy
24-12-2016, 11:15 PM

United have been reduced to 10 men away from home 3 times this season. Won 2 of them and drew one. Flood was injured earlier in the season and missed our game v them at Easter Rd.
Every team has injuries and red cards to deal with.
If we don't win the league it's not because of bad luck.

Forza Fred
24-12-2016, 11:18 PM
[QUOTE=Hermit Crab;4887467]We are dominating games, creating chances but just can't score enough goals and thats with rotating the front men to see what works best. Not the managers fault we have crap strikers.[/

No disrespect, but I was just having a conversation with someone who basically said...."we are playing well, we JUST, can't score goals"

Well, last time I looked scoring goals was of fundamental importance to teams wishing to gain promotion...the possession count really counts for naught.

JUST scoring goals IS important...and unfortunately it is something we haven't done enough of for three years now, although every week I read a post that says...."we're due to give someone a hammering"

Fitba, is a results driven game, and if the team don't get the results then the manager is held accountable.

That is the way it is...and Neil Lennon is the manager.

truehibernian
24-12-2016, 11:25 PM
United have been reduced to 10 men away from home 3 times this season. Won 2 of them and drew one. Flood was injured earlier in the season and missed our game v them at Easter Rd.
Every team has injuries and red cards to deal with.
If we don't win the league it's not because of bad luck.

How long did they play with 10 men ? one game for Flood ? We've been without SJM, Fyvie, DM for prolonged periods - totally agree with you mate (about luck, cards, etc), but 18 games to go, two v Utd - I'm relaxed - I think we'll win the league by 10 points

ehf
24-12-2016, 11:58 PM
- I'm relaxed - I think we'll win the league by 10 points

:faf:

truehibernian
24-12-2016, 11:59 PM
:faf:

Willing to put £50 to Dnipro if you find it that funny and don't think so ?

Nicho87
25-12-2016, 12:01 AM
Lennon is losing the fans and he isnt helping himself. Lack of subs at the right time. Failure to drop players. Tactics of relying on 2 full backs who cant even spell cross.

HappyAsHellas
25-12-2016, 12:08 AM
Lennon was never 1 on 1 with their keeper so I fail to see why he should carry the can. People were crying out for Jason to start again and bring in Martin, both of which happened today. Jason, Holt and Shinnie were guilty of giving up gilt edged chances which could easily have swung the game in our favour. Next month will be very interesting to see who Lennon brings in and who gets dropped. Let's hold off on judgement day till we see how it pans out when we're back at full strength.

ehf
25-12-2016, 12:19 AM
Willing to put £50 to Dnipro if you find it that funny and don't think so ?

I do admire your optimism, and you have dropped hints about three quality signings in January, but I really don't see us winning the league, never mind by 10 points. I would be delighted to be proven wrong and would happily donate £50 to Dnipro either way.

truehibernian
25-12-2016, 12:20 AM
I do admire your optimism, and you have dropped hints about three quality signings in January, but I really don't see us winning the league, never mind by 10 points. I would be delighted to be proven wrong and would happily donate £50 to Dnipro either way.

It's a deal ehf - and merry Christmas to ya mate

ehf
25-12-2016, 12:27 AM
It's a deal ehf - and merry Christmas to ya mate

Just to make it interesting, then: we both give £50 whatever happens; if Hibs win the league, I will give an extra £10 for every point by which we finish ahead of second; if we don't win it, you give an extra £10 for every point by which we finish behind first?

truehibernian
25-12-2016, 12:28 AM
Just to make it interesting, then: we both give £50 whatever happens; if Hibs win the league, I will give an extra £10 for every point by which we finish ahead of second; if we don't win it, you give an extra £10 for every point by which we finish behind first?

Och go on then ! Either way Dnipro wins - like yer style ! I'm in bud

ehf
25-12-2016, 12:32 AM
Och go on then ! Either way Dnipro wins - like yer style ! I'm in bud

Good man!

Forza Fred
25-12-2016, 10:16 PM
Lennon was never 1 on 1 with their keeper so I fail to see why he should carry the can. People were crying out for Jason to start again and bring in Martin, both of which happened today. Jason, Holt and Shinnie were guilty of giving up gilt edged chances which could easily have swung the game in our favour. Next month will be very interesting to see who Lennon brings in and who gets dropped. Let's hold off on judgement day till we see how it pans out when we're back at full strength.

But we can't wait until we are at 'full strength' to pick up our game.

Very few teams are at 'full strength' after even half a dozen games, as injuries are part of the footballing equation that must be factored in.

It's a squad game these days, and all about assembling a squad that is flexible and interchangeable enough to maintain standards throughout the season.

I guess it could be argued we have done that, but not to the required standard to pull away from Dundee United.

Is It On....
25-12-2016, 10:30 PM
We are dominating games, creating chances but just can't score enough goals and thats with rotating the front men to see what works best. Not the managers fault we have crap strikers.

Peterborough didn't think all our strikers were crap.

Ronniekirk
25-12-2016, 10:34 PM

We are only two points behind them so i wont be hitting the panic button just yet .
But agree some things need to change and lets see how they cope with being top
However we need to get back to winning ways with the squad as is and Falkirk away is a tough fixture

Mr White
25-12-2016, 10:56 PM
We are only two points behind them so i wont be hitting the panic button just yet .
But agree some things need to change and lets see how they cope with being top
However we need to get back to winning ways with the squad as is and Falkirk away is a tough fixture

It is a tough fixture Ronnie. I'm not panicking but I'm certainly not relaxed about our situation. Current form vs Utd's is a big worry as is our poor shots to goals ratio. January window is going to be key and as you rightly point out the pressure may have just shifted a bit so it's up to utd to adjust to that and up to us to pick up our form and start taking our chances.

Jones28
26-12-2016, 09:22 AM
How long did they play with 10 men ? one game for Flood ? We've been without SJM, Fyvie, DM for prolonged periods - totally agree with you mate (about luck, cards, etc), but 18 games to go, two v Utd - I'm relaxed - I think we'll win the league by 10 points

Don't forget James keatings who was coming on to a game before he was injured.

emerald green
26-12-2016, 11:19 AM

The bit in bold. That rings vague bells. Oh yes, it was what some fans were saying as Hibs began their slide out of the Premiership into the Championship.

It was always we'll get that one win / 3 points next week, or next week, or maybe next week. Bla bla bla.

Can you let us know who the 3 great signings are please? Is that you Neil?

emerald green
26-12-2016, 11:27 AM
But we can't wait until we are at 'full strength' to pick up our game.

Very few teams are at 'full strength' after even half a dozen games, as injuries are part of the footballing equation that must be factored in.

It's a squad game these days, and all about assembling a squad that is flexible and interchangeable enough to maintain standards throughout the season.

I guess it could be argued we have done that, but not to the required standard to pull away from Dundee United.

Spot on. :top marks

26-12-2016, 02:44 PM
Its the players fault IMO. Even with the loss of key players we should be beating ***** like Raith, Morton etc. Getting fed up of watching us dominate games, create loads of chances but then loosing a goal on the oppositions first attack/chance of the game. Isn't good enough.

Hermit Crab
26-12-2016, 08:54 PM
Peterborough didn't think all our strikers were crap.

Should have taken the money.

majorhibs
26-12-2016, 09:09 PM

Absolute zoomers. How???

lord bunberry
26-12-2016, 11:06 PM
The bit in bold. That rings vague bells. Oh yes, it was what some fans were saying as Hibs began their slide out of the Premiership into the Championship.

It was always we'll get that one win / 3 points next week, or next week, or maybe next week. Bla bla bla.

Can you let us know who the 3 great signings are please? Is that you Neil?
I was one of those people that didn't ever think we'd be relegated, and I don't want us to fall into the same trap again. Being top was a comfort blanket for some, but it was papering over the cracks for me. Our form since winning the first five games has been average at best, we've let Dundee United catch up and overtake us. It's time to put up or shut up for Lennon and his players.