PDA

View Full Version : Needed this window

Ozyhibby
24-12-2016, 03:14 PM
A replacement for Holt, who a complete huddy and a couple of wingers.
Also need to get McGinn and Fyvie fit so we can drop Shinnie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Northernhibee
24-12-2016, 03:16 PM
A new manager who can inspire, develop and plan.

Ozyhibby
24-12-2016, 03:17 PM

If he fails with the above, that's what will happen.

blackpoolhibs
24-12-2016, 03:21 PM
Better players than this shower.

Pretty Boy
24-12-2016, 03:23 PM
A midfielder capable of pitching in with 8-12 goals a season.

The pressure on the forwards and defence must be ridiculous because our midfield contribution to goalscoring is non existent. If the forwards miss a chance or the defence lose a cheap goal they know the midfield is going to do nothing to help.

Also a creative type who can create something from nothing. That may well be the same player as the goalscoring midfielder. Look at the contribution Hearts and Rangers midfielders made in terms of goals the 2 season preceding this one and compare it to Hibs. The stats would suggest this has been a key reason for our struggles in the league.

Unseen work
24-12-2016, 03:24 PM
Alan Stubbs

neil7908
24-12-2016, 03:24 PM

Fans have been saying this for years but I really think it's true.

Buying any old winger won't just magically make us better but the right player will allow us to change the way we attack teams, stretch the play and not force anything through the centre or to fullbacks so are just not comfortable going forward.

AL-Qaholik
24-12-2016, 03:25 PM
Two fullbacks who can cross.
Two genuinely pacy wingers who can cross.
At least one out & out goal scorer up front.
A proper goal scoring/creative attacking midfielder.
Oh, and a manager who knows what exactly he's trying to do.

Not a lot to ask, then...

jacomo
24-12-2016, 03:26 PM

The pressure on the forwards and defence must be ridiculous because our midfield contribution to goalscoring is non existent. If the forwards miss a chance or the defence lose a cheap goal they know the midfield is going to do nothing to help.

Also a creative type who can create something from nothing. That may well be the same player as the goalscoring midfielder. Look at the contribution Hearts and Rangers midfielders made in terms of goals the 2 season preceding this one and compare it to Hibs. The stats would suggest this has been a key reason for our struggles in the league.

Isn't Commons supposed to be this player?

blackpoolhibs
Is it still a little patience?

keep the faith

Of course Holts's best days are well behind him but he was far from our worst today. Worked his socks off and set up our goal.

Diclonius
24-12-2016, 03:27 PM
Holt is a good player. We need a striker that can take chances from his flick ons.

bookert
24-12-2016, 03:28 PM

In terms of creativity McGeouch created three chances first half with threaded passes all missed.

dmc1875
24-12-2016, 03:29 PM
Holt wasn't that bad today?

RedHibby
24-12-2016, 03:30 PM
The issue with what we need is always on here but no one even mentions how much this is going to cost. Personally I don't think we have the money to bring in a better calibre of player. Unfortunately the ones we have brought in are either too old and past it or just not good enough.

sauzeelegod
24-12-2016, 03:32 PM
A winger or 2 is all we need to win this league. And our strikers to start finishing chances. FF and SJM back playing ASAP would be good too.

pacoluna
24-12-2016, 03:33 PM
Alan Stubbs
Another stubbs lovestruck poster.

jacomo
24-12-2016, 03:34 PM
Is it still a little patience?

Nah. Full scale hysteria please. Make sure all perspective is lost.

alihibs1
24-12-2016, 03:35 PM
Thought holt was one of the better ones today. Rather a replacement for graham.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

blackpoolhibs
Nah. Full scale hysteria please. Make sure all perspective is lost.

Ok off you go.

Heisenberg
We've been saying for years that wingers with pace are needed in this division. Hearts proved it. So did the Huns. Boyle even today came on and moved out wide left, he drove at Raith and made them panic. He also scored. It's not rocket science.

Unseen work
24-12-2016, 03:36 PM

We have won 10/18 in the league and lost in the cup.

Imo Stubbs would of seen us win more games than that

Lee Marvin
24-12-2016, 03:37 PM
Wingers. Wingers. More wingers.

Painful watching that 2nd half trying to pass through 10 men.

Holt was also far from the worst today aswell. Shinnie on the other hand..

Ozyhibby
24-12-2016, 03:42 PM
Holt wasn't that bad today?

Xmas tomorrow, how many goals has he scored? Not nearly good enough.

pacoluna
24-12-2016, 03:45 PM
We have won 10/18 in the league and lost in the cup.

Imo Stubbs would of seen us win more games than that

I will reserve my judgement for until the end of the season, like I did stubbs.

guthrie01
24-12-2016, 03:50 PM

You seem to always have a problem when someone brings up our Scottish Cup winning manager, yet rush to the defence of Lennon. Stubbs left us with a half talented bunch of players boosted on morale and all any manager had to do was sign the right sort of players to help boost the squad to get promotion. The "he failed twice" line you spout is nonsense, first season he had little time to build a squad and still managed to finish above The Rangers. Second season we where expected to give a decent challenge and get promotion, we where pushing for first until we started going for both cups and the league which tired the players. Some people want him back because he at times we where unbeatable and feared no team, something very much lacking in recent times. Rambling on but the point is Stubbs has achieved a hell of a lot more than Lennon ever will at this club, that I'm sure of.

Alan Stubbs Hibernian legend for now until the end. :gwa:

pacoluna
24-12-2016, 04:11 PM
You seem to always have a problem when someone brings up our Scottish Cup winning manager, yet rush to the defence of Lennon. Stubbs left us with a half talented bunch of players boosted on morale and all any manager had to do was sign the right sort of players to help boost the squad to get promotion. The "he failed twice" line you spout is nonsense, first season he had little time to build a squad and still managed to finish above The Rangers. Second season we where expected to give a decent challenge and get promotion, we where pushing for first until we started going for both cups and the league which tired the players. Some people want him back because he at times we where unbeatable and feared no team, something very much lacking in recent times. Rambling on but the point is Stubbs has achieved a hell of a lot more than Lennon ever will at this club, that I'm sure of.

Alan Stubbs Hibernian legend for now until the end. :gwa:
Its not nonsense that I spout, it's facts. "Stubbs has achieved a hell of a lot more than Lennon ever will at this club" - that's the kind of lovestruck posts I'm talking about.. How can you possibly ible say that Nl has just been in the door for 5 minutes

kevo1875
24-12-2016, 04:16 PM

Shinnie played like his shoelaces were tied together today

Ozyhibby
24-12-2016, 04:16 PM
Shinnie played like his shoelaces were tied together today

Again

Onion
24-12-2016, 04:17 PM
Better players than this shower.

Not going to happen. Might be able to get one or two experienced or decent loan players in but that's it.

We need the manager to utilise the best squad of players in the league effectively. There are no excuses or hiding place for Lennon.

Phil MaGlass
24-12-2016, 04:19 PM
Needed this window, fit and uninjured players that are able to bust a gut. Oh and wingers and maybe a new manager that can get the best out of his players

Canon Hannan
24-12-2016, 04:20 PM

What!
Change all the staff AGAIN!!!
Joke of a comment.

Sir David Gray
24-12-2016, 04:27 PM
I don't think we should be looking to sack Lennon just now but it's a huge month for him.

We really need six points from our next two games to get back on track.

The performance today was ok, better than the last couple but today reminded so much of so many games over the last two seasons. Plenty of chances created with nobody on the end of them. We really need to add width to the side as there's absolutely nothing coming from the wide areas just now. It's something that has to be addressed next month.

Glorious St Pat
24-12-2016, 04:33 PM

Totally agree but something is missing. Unity perhaps and will to win. Lennon seems aloof. Give him until the Jan window to get it sorted but it's sad that we're in this situation - again in the second tier of football. It simply is not good enough - we are Hibs - and get fattie Holt to ****.

Northernhibee
24-12-2016, 04:38 PM
What!
Change all the staff AGAIN!!!
Joke of a comment.

What relegated us in the season we went down is not sticking with an option that would have kept us in the league and then sticking with an option who was in freefall. If Pat had stayed, we'd have still been a premiership team. If we'd taken notice of the warning signs with TB and given him his jotters then we might have stayed up.

Any less than four points against Falkirk and Dundee Utd and for me we have to make a decision in a quick and decisive manner.

eastmainsmsh
24-12-2016, 04:42 PM
Wingers And winners

Real Emerald
24-12-2016, 04:48 PM
Totally agree but something is missing. Unity perhaps and will to win. Lennon seems aloof. Give him until the Jan window to get it sorted but it's sad that we're in this situation - again in the second tier of football. It simply is not good enough - we are Hibs - and get fattie Holt to ****.

I'm in agreement that we're missing something but not so sure that with our current frontline wingers are the answer. We have no one who attacks the ball in the air in the box, it's all flick on's.

We could also do with players who would start getting into the refs faces at times, no one seems to want to fight our corner over decisions. The wall for the free kick near the end was a case in point. The ref told them to get back, when they didn't he just gave up and sprayed a line in front of them, they could only have been six yards away. No one seemed to make an issue of it, we're an easy game for refs.

Urgency, tempo and breaking their neck to try and get on the end of crosses would also help although the crosses on offer aren't the best I must admit.

houstonhibbee
24-12-2016, 07:09 PM
What relegated us in the season we went down is not sticking with an option that would have kept us in the league and then sticking with an option who was in freefall. If Pat had stayed, we'd have still been a premiership team. If we'd taken notice of the warning signs with TB and given him his jotters then we might have stayed up.

Any less than four points against Falkirk and Dundee Utd and for me we have to make a decision in a quick and decisive manner.

don't think any changes will be made until winning the league is impossible

houstonhibbee
24-12-2016, 07:11 PM
I'm in agreement that we're missing something but not so sure that with our current frontline wingers are the answer. We have no one who attacks the ball in the air in the box, it's all flick on's.

We could also do with players who would start getting into the refs faces at times, no one seems to want to fight our corner over decisions. The wall for the free kick near the end was a case in point. The ref told them to get back, when they didn't he just gave up and sprayed a line in front of them, they could only have been six yards away. No one seemed to make an issue of it, we're an easy game for refs.

Urgency, tempo and breaking their neck to try and get on the end of crosses would also help although the crosses on offer aren't the best I must admit.
keatings put in a great cross but Holt and Gray got in each others way

Real Emerald
24-12-2016, 07:16 PM
keatings put in a great cross but Holt and Gray got in each others way

That's why getting wingers is not the only answer, we have no one who can successfully get on the end of crosses. Keatings puts in a great cross a high percentage of the time to no avail.

500miles
24-12-2016, 07:35 PM
I think Keatings will be key to our season. He gets into good positions and changes the tempo of play excellently. If we could find someone to challenge and cover him in that role, it would be a massive boost. A more creative left wingback would provide another dimension to our attack. And Liam Henderson.

Northernhibee
24-12-2016, 07:37 PM
don't think any changes will be made until winning the league is impossible

That would be too late. I'd say if Lennon can't pick up four points from the next two games then it's time to roll the dice.

Bostonhibby
24-12-2016, 08:04 PM
Wingers, players who are brave enough to have a go direct at pace and take a defence on. Someone to make things happen as defenders are just sitting in waiting for us to give it away. Cue Falkirk.

Sent from my HTC One mini 2 using Tapatalk

Brightside
24-12-2016, 08:10 PM
Happy Xmas one and all!

NORTHERNHIBBY
24-12-2016, 08:14 PM
Quality players who will have a caveat in their contracts that lets them go if we don't go up?