I laugh each time, I hear the sound
hear they come-uh-uhum that's Cathro's Clowns

(Cathy's Clown - Beach Boys)

cabbageandribs1875
23-12-2016, 08:46 PM
quite a catchy one boab

Ricky Bobby
23-12-2016, 08:46 PM
I agree with Levein, The Yams should have got Cathro years ago.

Bishop Hibee
23-12-2016, 08:47 PM
Now now Queen Ann and Harry Potter say he needs time. Time I'm hoping he's allowed on results so far 😀

ballengeich
23-12-2016, 08:51 PM

Everly Brothers song actually.

ancient hibee
23-12-2016, 08:53 PM

Saw th m in the Playhouse on their getting back together tour.

Dashing Bob S
23-12-2016, 08:54 PM

You are 100% correct. My mistake.

Don't want your paw-aw-oints any more
Don't want your Scottish Cup that's for sure

Dashing Bob S
Saw th m in the Playhouse on their getting back together tour.

Did they play Cathro's Clowns?

If so, who won?

Waxy
He was touted by some for our job too. Dodged a bullet. He's turned them soft.

Hibstrooper
23-12-2016, 08:56 PM
I heard there are rumblings of frustration from Cathro already, he didn't realise that unlike Champ Man you can't just quit without saving when you get a shan result.

Blaster
23-12-2016, 08:56 PM
Nice easy game against Aberdeen next week too

cabbageandribs1875
23-12-2016, 08:57 PM
Nice easy game against Aberdeen next week too

play killie at home before that, they should win that one to keep up the title challenge

matty_f
23-12-2016, 08:58 PM
I heard there are rumblings of frustration from Cathro already, he didn't realise that unlike Champ Man you can't just quit without saving when you get a shan result.

He's upset the players already, very critical of Jobbie's training and had told the team words to the effect that they're not good enough for some of his own coaching yet.

Looks like a very Collins-esque situation developing.

Bostonhibby
23-12-2016, 09:01 PM
Did they say they were wondering where to play the European games next season?

Sent from my HTC One mini 2 using Tapatalk

Dashing Bob S
23-12-2016, 09:02 PM
He's upset the players already, very critical of Jobbie's training and had told the team words to the effect that they're not good enough for some of his own coaching yet.

Seemed a bad cultural fit, looks like being so. Hope Budge sticks with him for ages out of delusional pride before parachuting in Houston or another goofball merchant.

ancient hibee
23-12-2016, 09:03 PM
Did they play Cathro's Clowns?

If so, who won?

I think they were Moncur's misfits then so it would have been a close call.

LithgaeHibby
23-12-2016, 09:03 PM
Hopefully they'll lose Calum Paterson for a knock-down price as well in the transfer window

Marco G
23-12-2016, 09:04 PM
Now now Queen Ann and Harry Potter say he needs time. Time I'm hoping he's allowed on results so far 😀
Cathro's comments in the press seem bizarre to say the least. And getting booed after your first home game cant help. But Alex Ferguson was almost sacked before he turned it around. So I agree with you, they must give Cathro plenty time, even as they plummet down the league.

Dashing Bob S
23-12-2016, 09:04 PM
"She's lost Cathro again..." Budge sings Joy Division.

HIBERNIAN-0762
23-12-2016, 09:06 PM
Maybe he'll get a new laptop for his Christmas....

bingo70
23-12-2016, 09:06 PM

I don't think the players will get on with him as he seems like a complete prick.

One of those wee upstarts that starts at your work and thinks he kens it all only to get found out a few weeks into the job.

Reminds me of tory boy from the Harry Enfield show.

Fife-Hibee
23-12-2016, 09:07 PM

Haha good one

sauzee6_2
23-12-2016, 09:10 PM
When Cathro was mentioned for us, I posted my disgust (glad I went on record) - I know Cathro both professionally and personally - he is genuinely one of the most boring people I have met in my life!

He understands the game brilliantly but has all the charisma of the rev I.M. Jolly

Delighted he is at tynie - hope he continues to work his magic

Big L
23-12-2016, 09:13 PM
Hopefully they'll lose Calum Paterson for a knock-down price as well in the transfer window

They're asking for a £1 Million, they must be selling him to a Chinese club.

23-12-2016, 09:17 PM
When Cathro was mentioned for us, I posted my disgust (glad I went on record) - I know Cathro both professionally and personally - he is genuinely one of the most boring people I have met in my life!

He understands the game brilliantly but has all the charisma of the rev I.M. Jolly

A boring *******......at hearts???????

matty_f
23-12-2016, 09:28 PM
Very early days but the criticism of the players so early is not paying dividends

Doesn't help either when you have a guy like Austin McPhee who is merely a Cupar Hearts hero...an amateur team

Training is apparently very 'dry' and lacking in banter. Players have felt a big change in atmosphere already. No surprise that there are stories of players moving already.

vuefrom1875
23-12-2016, 09:33 PM
Training is apparently very 'dry' and lacking in banter. Players have felt a big change in atmosphere already. No surprise that there are stories of players moving already.

Calderwood mark 2.....without the laptop 😁

northstandhibby
23-12-2016, 09:34 PM
Heard the Jambottlers had their 'Rosebury' strip on :yamlaugh:. Maybe they should bury it into the foundations of their new stand.

Glory Glory

Thecat23
23-12-2016, 09:34 PM

Paterson is off, has told his agent to get him a move this Jan no matter what. 😂

Danderhall Hibs
23-12-2016, 09:35 PM
Paterson is off, has told his agent to get him a move this Jan no matter what. 😂

All he needs now is someone to want him and he's sorted. They're desperate to punt him - hence all the media publicity.

Danderhall Hibs
23-12-2016, 09:36 PM

Imagine the uproar if/when he tells them they're in on Christmas Day.

Thecat23
23-12-2016, 09:39 PM
All he needs now is someone to want him and he's sorted. They're desperate to punt him - hence all the media publicity.

Spot on. They need the money but I'm not so sure they will get what they want. Nicholson is another not happy at all.

Thecat23
23-12-2016, 09:41 PM
Imagine the uproar if/when he tells them they're in on Christmas Day.

Most teams are these days. Only light training usually though for couple of hours.

Danderhall Hibs
23-12-2016, 09:42 PM
Most teams are these days. Only light training usually though for couple of hours.

I assumed they were all off given we're playing before Christmas. If we'd been playing Boxing Day then would've expected them in?

jacomo
23-12-2016, 09:44 PM

Tut tut.

Collins got us playing and got us a cup.

This boy will give them what exactly?

Glory Lurker
23-12-2016, 09:48 PM
Tut tut.

Collins got us playing and got us a cup.

This boy will give them what exactly?

He also built a team that could beat St Johnstone at Tynecastle. No evidence Cathro could equal that.

Thecat23
23-12-2016, 09:54 PM
I assumed they were all off given we're playing before Christmas. If we'd been playing Boxing Day then would've expected them in?

Sorry I was meaning usually teams are Hearts may well have it off DH. Personally it won't surprise me if he has them in for a couple of hours to show what went wrong on his laptop!

AlbertK86
23-12-2016, 10:10 PM
I don't think the players will get on with him as he seems like a complete prick. One of those wee upstarts that starts at your work and thinks he kens it all only to get found out a few weeks into the job. Reminds me of tory boy from the Harry Enfield show.

Quality....... been trying to think who he reminded me of.... spot on

lord bunberry
23-12-2016, 10:36 PM
Gentlemen restart your laptops
or maybe that should be reboot your laptops

Bostonhibby
23-12-2016, 10:49 PM
Anyone reckon potter is already whispering behind the scenes about how crap the gorgie guardiola is and how if potter had been in charge he'd never have been appointed? Budge out.

lord bunberry
23-12-2016, 11:00 PM
Anyone reckon potter is already whispering behind the scenes about how crap the gorgie guardiola is and how if potter had been in charge he'd never have been appointed? Budge out.
I have it on good authority that potter is having an affair with budgies wife. Apparently he should've gone to specsavers :greengrin

Bostonhibby
23-12-2016, 11:04 PM
I have it on good authority that potter is having an affair with budgies wife. Apparently he should've gone to specsavers :greengrin
[emoji1] Cathro can't even kid them on by saying how much he is looking forward to the money spinning replay.

jacomo
23-12-2016, 11:07 PM
Sorry but cathro sounds like a plum:

"It's now been two weeks. I have learned an awful lot about everyone, about us. The only thing I have learned about myself is that I was right when I thought a long time ago that I was strong enough to deal with these things. I am confident and relaxed in the fact and fortunate that I am strong and these challenges just add to making me a little bit better."

northstandhibby
23-12-2016, 11:09 PM
[emoji1] Cathro can't even kid them on by saying how much he is looking forward to the money spinning replay.

:top marks

They are trying to kid everyone on by turning negatives into positives!!!

It's all Negatory Negatives right now as they threw away another 2 goal lead.

No amount of spinning will suffice for the Jambottlers.

Glory Glory

:flag:

Bostonhibby
23-12-2016, 11:11 PM

"It's now been two weeks. I have learned an awful lot about everyone, about us. The only thing I have learned about myself is that I was right when I thought a long time ago that I was strong enough to deal with these things. I am confident and relaxed in the fact and fortunate that I am strong and these challenges just add to making me a little bit better."
Intellectual sounding stuff, he'll go far. Might even see the new stand being fitted out with it's first seat

lord bunberry
23-12-2016, 11:11 PM

I believe he's looking forward to the money spinning game where the current Scottish Cup holders take on the team that painted my spare bedroom last year. Lovely job by the way, the way the boy on the left cut in was impressive.

lucky
23-12-2016, 11:14 PM
They keep losing it will effect their attendances and the love affair with Budge.

monktonharp
23-12-2016, 11:15 PM
play killie at home before that, they should win that one to keep up the title challenge:agree:Killie's title challenge is still on, if it's Cathro's clowns they play next

monktonharp
23-12-2016, 11:31 PM
Spot on. They need the money but I'm not so sure they will get what they want. Nicholson is another not happy at all.you cant always get what you want.....but if you try sometimes.....you get what you need. however, I get the feeling that they definitely wont get what they want, and there's a bloody good chance that they wont get what they need.

lord bunberry
23-12-2016, 11:33 PM
you cant always get what you want.....but if you try sometimes.....you get what you need. however, I get the feeling that they definitely wont get what they want, and there's a bloody good chance that they wont get what they need.

I love it when you sing the Rolling Stones mate.

Mikey09
23-12-2016, 11:41 PM
Bet Fatty Boyd's loving these results after what he wrote... I think he'd self combust if he scored against them in their next game!! :greengrin

Pete
23-12-2016, 11:42 PM
That result tonight and the manner in which they lost will be a real body blow which the players will need picking up from. They need the right words from a motivator and leader of men, someone like a Warnock, a Mourinho or a Clough would know exactly what to say. Tactics and fancy training methods won't be what's needed right now in that dressing room.

The minute Cathro starts getting heavy with some players he might lose the dressing room. Players will be thinking "who the **** are you telling me what to do? We are almost the same age and you haven't pulled on a jersey in your life".

Never having played before doesn't automatically mean you lose respect but I believe you have to have a really strong personality and a set of people skills to manage without really playing, such as Mourinho has. What Mourinho did do was suck things up a bit more before flinging himself in at the deep end.

It won't happen but what Hearts need to do is put Levien in as manager, put Cathro in as #2 and let the long haired boy work behind the scenes. Say what you like about Levien but he is a proper manager who has seen it all and bought the t-shirt on and off the field and Cathro needs to serve a bit more of an apprenticeship.

It would be a massive U turn though and face would be lost so like I said, it won't happen. This "brave" appointment has got failure written all over it and the only people to blame are the hearts board who were trying to be too clever for their own good. Watch the natives get restless.

Captain Trips
24-12-2016, 12:06 AM
Madness had Night boat to Cairo.
Hearts have **** creek with Cathro

Hermit Crab
24-12-2016, 12:24 AM
Boy at my work was at parkheed last week, says Dundee are the worst team in the league by far, he also reckons hearts will plummet to be relegation candidates. He's not usually wrong either!! :greengrin. Now where can I find odds on hearts to get relegated???? :hmmm:

Highlights of the Jambos cave in tonight.
Highlights: Dundee 3-2 Hearts (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/scotland/38423563)

cabbageandribs1875
24-12-2016, 12:42 AM

it wouldn't be the first time he's had an affair with a woman, forgetting he had a wife at the time :agree:

Hermit Crab
24-12-2016, 12:46 AM
Looks like a great og by Rolf for the dundee winner.

Deansy
24-12-2016, 12:54 AM

Have the Hun loaned the services of 'Level 5' to their wee-bros at the PBS to try and help them out a bit ?

Hopefully tonight's result is (at long last) the effects of 'Playing within their means' starting to make it's presence felt, they've had an incredibly long run of amazing luck since admin !

Ozyhibby
24-12-2016, 01:10 AM
Have the Hun loaned the services of 'Level 5' to their wee-bros at the PBS to try and help them out a bit ?

Hopefully tonight's result is (at long last) the effects of 'Playing within their means' starting to make it's presence felt, they've had an incredibly long run of amazing luck since admin !

The loss of Patterson, Nicholson and possibly Walker will be a blow for them. And they won't be replaced with the same quality because they don't have the cash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

leither17
24-12-2016, 02:06 AM
Boy at my work was at parkheed last week, says Dundee are the worst team in the league by far, he also reckons hearts will plummet to be relegation candidates. He's not usually wrong either!! :greengrin. Now where can I find odds on hearts to get relegated???? :hmmm:

Highlights of the Jambos cave in tonight.
Highlights: Dundee 3-2 Hearts (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/scotland/38423563)

16/1 to finish bottom 6

Pete
24-12-2016, 03:09 AM
16/1 to finish bottom 6

It's unlikely but definitely worth a pound or two. You can look amazing one minute but if you have a soft underbelly then you could be on a slippery slope. Nobody had us down for the bottom six when Fenlon was replaced.

#FromTheCapital
24-12-2016, 05:47 AM
It's still very early days and plenty time for him to come good. But I'm very pleased with his start! I thought the hype around his appointment was strange, even on this forum some were saying he'd be great for them. He sounds like a complete walloper and at only 30 with no playing experience he'll find it difficult to get the respect of the players.

Imagine you had a new boss coming into your work who is roughly the same age as you, with zero experience of your role and trying to manage you. You need a bit of character for that type of situation and it seems like Cathro has none.

bingo70
24-12-2016, 05:59 AM

Trying too hard, the players will see right through that imo

WoreTheGreen
24-12-2016, 06:02 AM
Trying too hard, the players will see right through that imo

David Brent ishh

bingo70
24-12-2016, 06:51 AM
David Brent ishh

I heard him being interviewed when he first got the job and he said something like he doesn't believe in limits and the players can go as far in the game and achieve as much as they want. Now that's a very nice thing to say and while some may think it's good to be confident, it's also utter bull****. Of course every player has a limitation as to how much they can achieve, don cowie for example will never play for Barcelona. It's just sound bytes and the players will soon realise he's an absolute slaver.

When I used to play championship manager I'd sometimes find myself interviewing myself in my head after games and the answers he gives in the media are scarily similar to the answers I used to give to the imaginary media I was being interviewed by.

Pedantic_Hibee
24-12-2016, 07:12 AM
I heard him being interviewed when he first got the job and he said something like he doesn't believe in limits and the players can go as far in the game and achieve as much as they want. Now that's a very nice thing to say and while some may think it's good to be confident, it's also utter bull****. Of course every player has a limitation as to how much they can achieve, don cowie for example will never play for Barcelona. It's just sound bytes and the players will soon realise he's an absolute slaver.

When I used to play championship manager I'd sometimes find myself interviewing myself in my head after games and the answers he gives in the media are scarily similar to the answers I used to give to the imaginary media I was being interviewed by.

Phew....I thought it was just me that interviewed myself!!

I remember one particular career where I got to the FA Cup Final and I changed into a suit and stole a flower from my mums vase to put in my breast pocket. Got beat as well and I felt a bit stupid changing back into my cottons.

Keith_M
24-12-2016, 07:23 AM
If you can't see what an innovative signing Cathro was, then you're all just football dinosaurs.

It must be true, I read it in the Evening News, Herald, Record, Guardian (https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2016/dec/06/scottish-football-hearts-ian-cathro-sfa-malky-mackay), etc, etc.

:faf:

bingo70
24-12-2016, 07:32 AM

I remember one particular career where I got to the FA Cup Final and I changed into a suit and stole a flower from my mums vase to put in my breast pocket. Got beat as well and I felt a bit stupid changing back into my cottons.

Remember hearing about a mate that used to open all the windows in his flat in the middle of winter when he was playing a Russian side so he would feel the cold.

Pedantic_Hibee
24-12-2016, 07:40 AM
Remember hearing about a mate that used to open all the windows in his flat in the middle of winter when he was playing a Russian side so he would feel the cold.

That is, quite frankly, magnificent.

Brightside
24-12-2016, 07:42 AM
as funny as the end result was they were playing some very nice football to get them 2-0 up. defensive mistake cost them the game and thats where they have always been weak. He will turn out to be a very good coach.

Hibby70
24-12-2016, 07:42 AM

As long as he didn't write on his bathroom wall with **** when he played Hearts.

bingo70
24-12-2016, 07:46 AM
as funny as the end result was they were playing some very nice football to get them 2-0 up. defensive mistake cost them the game and thats where they have always been weak. He will turn out to be a very good coach.

Somebody alluded to it earlier but after results like last night and when on a bad run of form the players don't need a good coach or revolutionary training drills, they need a motivator.

Brightside
24-12-2016, 07:51 AM
Somebody alluded to it earlier but after results like last night and when on a bad run of form the players don't need a good coach or revolutionary training drills, they need a motivator.

Thats short termism tho...and exactly why teams hire clowns like Allardyce etc. Lets get them pumped up and make sure we stay up but the clubs never ever improve. Cathro is a major change from the standard manager we have - especially in Scotland. All he cares about is technically improving every player he has and as part of that improve the overall team. All depends on whether Hearts will play the long game. When we get promoted I;d take someone like Cathro in a heartbeat.

northstandhibby
24-12-2016, 08:03 AM
Thats short termism tho...and exactly why teams hire clowns like Allardyce etc. Lets get them pumped up and make sure we stay up but the clubs never ever improve. Cathro is a major change from the standard manager we have - especially in Scotland. All he cares about is technically improving every player he has and as part of that improve the overall team. All depends on whether Hearts will play the long game. When we get promoted I;d take someone like Cathro in a heartbeat.

Most clubs have a manager and coaches under the managers to allow the managers to manage the team. All of these coaches will of course attempt to 'technically' improve the players.

So Cathro's a coach big deal, what's so special about that? He's not unique in being a coach who attempts to improve the players he's been employed to coach.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

bingo70
24-12-2016, 08:03 AM

Nah, I'll respectfully disagree.

There's absolutely a place in the game for good coaches like Cathro but if player development over a long period of time is his forte then head coach is the wrong job for him.

Clowns like Allardyce have careers full of success stories, just because they may employ someone to do the training drills doesn't make them wrong, they just find the right people to do the right roles to make everything tick.

A big part of a manger, or head coaches, job now is how to find a way to bring short term success while also looking at the long term, any manager who thinks he can forget about short termism and focus solely on player development is living on a different planet.

MWHIBBIES
24-12-2016, 08:05 AM
Sam got the England job and Cathro got the Hearts job. I'd take Allardyce in a heartbeat.

Sam was one of the first to start using technology and sports science (while Cathro was still in nappies), he is far more than a motivator.

hibsbollah
24-12-2016, 08:06 AM

Yep, I agree:agree: As amusing as his losing start is, everything he says sounds good. I like the 'no limits' talk as well. The best thing hertz could do is look to the long term and let him bed in regardless of results, its not like hes going to get them relegated. I see a few parallels with Le Guen at Der Hun and Sauzee here...you like the guy, hate the results, but how patient are you going to be?

Waxy
24-12-2016, 08:07 AM
Yes i was under the impression that most of the bigger clubs had coaches who had their coaching badges? What makes Cathro so special?

bingo70
24-12-2016, 08:08 AM
Yep, I agree:agree: As amusing as his losing start is, everything he says sounds good. I like the 'no limits' talk as well. The best thing hertz could do is look to the long term and let him bed in regardless of results, its not like hes going to get them relegated. I see a few parallels with Le Guen at Der Hun and Sauzee here...you like the guy, hate the results, but how patient are you going to be?

Do you believe the 'no limits' talk?

northstandhibby
24-12-2016, 08:11 AM

Just stating the bleeding obvious!!! Never heard of a manager or coach who would tell their players they 'had limits'?

Mon the Cabbage

B.H.F.C
24-12-2016, 08:17 AM

If he keeps losing I hope they give him all the time in the world.

When I've heard him speak I think he sounds like one of the most uninspiring guys in the world. It's nice to talk about taking a long term view but that doesn't happen in football. I can understand taking results out of the equation at youth team level and developing players. At first team level you need to get results when you've got punters paying a fortune to turn up and watch though.

Brightside
24-12-2016, 08:37 AM
Personally i wish the SFA had pulled out the stops to get both of them in on the Performance remit and offer them a blank sheet of paper. build a 5 year plan to try and fix grass roots football. The appts are the wrong way round....Hearts fans deserve Malky Mackay.

Dashing Bob S
24-12-2016, 08:39 AM
Intellectual sounding stuff, he'll go far. Might even see the new stand being fitted out with it's first seat

Evidence of the slavering, gibbering, self-justifying nonsense of a man already out of his depth. By the end of next week he'll probably be referring to himself in first person.

hibsbollah
24-12-2016, 08:40 AM
Do you believe the 'no limits' talk?

Yes and No.

I dont believe that Calum Paterson can be as good as David Alaba.

But I do believe if you get Calum Paterson to think he can be as good as David Alaba, he will improve as a player.

bingo70
Personally i wish the SFA had pulled out the stops to get both of them in on the Performance remit and offer them a blank sheet of paper. build a 5 year plan to try and fix grass roots football. The appts are the wrong way round....Hearts fans deserve Malky Mackay.

Agree with all of that

Captain Trips
Indeed there are no limits on how pish they can be.

biotech
24-12-2016, 08:42 AM
Maybe he'll come good but he comes across as a weak and uninspiring character. Can only assume he was just appointed as opposed to being interviewed for the job.

jacomo
24-12-2016, 08:43 AM
Yes i was under the impression that most of the bigger clubs had coaches who had their coaching badges? What makes Cathro so special?

You need to listen more carefully. His favourite subject appears to be himself.

These first few games have given Ian Cathro the chance to learn what an absolute legend Ian Cathro is. I think we can all learn something from that.

:wink:

hibsbollah
24-12-2016, 08:43 AM

:agree:

Dashing Bob S
24-12-2016, 08:44 AM

I think Cathro is simply a terrible cultural fit for Hearts, and sadly, probably Scottish football. I doubt he could even be successful at Hibs, Celtic or Dundee United given the short-termism of the game here. I'm positive he'll fail at Hearts.

He's doubtlessly an excellent coach, but paradoxically, probably the worst appointment Hearts could make. I see him back on the continent rebuilding his rep very soon.

Bostonhibby
24-12-2016, 08:45 AM
Indeed there are no limits on how pish they can be.
They certainly don't put limits on how many the opposition get to score once the yam get two.

I keep hearing the gorgie guardiola knows how to plug a lap top in and he's great at chat so it's all good.

Skol
24-12-2016, 09:02 AM
If you can't see what an innovative signing Cathro was, then you're all just football dinosaurs.

It must be true, I read it in the Evening News, Herald, Record, Guardian (https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2016/dec/06/scottish-football-hearts-ian-cathro-sfa-malky-mackay), etc, etc.

:faf:

Clearly the Jambos squad are all dinosaurs as well

Andy74
24-12-2016, 09:13 AM

I think you've been a bit taken in. At this stage he is a promising coach but has obvious limitations in not having played and being pretty young.

Being a bit different and having 'new ideas' doesn't automatically make him right. Seen it before in lots of careers not just football.

If he does fail I'm sure it will all be the fault of everyone else not being on his level....

#FromTheCapital
24-12-2016, 09:14 AM
I think Cathro is simply a terrible cultural fit for Hearts, and sadly, probably Scottish football. I doubt he could even be successful at Hibs, Celtic or Dundee United given the short-termism of the game here. I'm positive he'll fail at Hearts.

He's doubtlessly an excellent coach, but paradoxically, probably the worst appointment Hearts could make. I see him back on the continent rebuilding his rep very soon.

Spot on.

Keith_M
24-12-2016, 09:20 AM
Yes and No.

I dont believe that Calum Paterson can be as good as David Alaba.

But I do believe if you get Calum Paterson to think he can be as good as David Alaba, he will improve as a player.

You're obviously a greate believer in the 'John Lambie Management Style' :greengrin

For those not aware, Lambie was managing Partick Thistle during one game and when informed one of his players (Colin McGlashan) had concussion after a head knock, and that he didn't even know who he was, he famously replied...

"Well tell him he's Pele and send him back on"

Deansy
24-12-2016, 10:08 AM
The loss of Patterson, Nicholson and possibly Walker will be a blow for them. And they won't be replaced with the same quality because they don't have the cash.

Wonder how long, if at all, before the penny drops with the scarf-twirlers that this IS the future for them - no more 'buying/replacing' players of a standard way, way above their historical level ?. A bad run and the first casualty will be the D/D's !

A long awaited return to their levels and standards of pre Wallace Merger days beckons - the future's Green !

Bostonhibby
24-12-2016, 10:14 AM
Wonder how long, if at all, before the penny drops with the scarf-twirlers that this IS the future for them - no more 'buying/replacing' players of a standard way, way above their historical level ?. A bad run and the first casualty will be the D/D's !

A long awaited return to their levels and standards of pre Wallace Merger days beckons - the future's Green !
But on the positive side at least they might have the shell of one new stand.

Treadstone
24-12-2016, 10:20 AM
I think you've been a bit taken in. At this stage he is a promising coach but has obvious limitations in not having played and being pretty young.

Being a bit different and having 'new ideas' doesn't automatically make him right. Seen it before in lots of careers not just football.

If he does fail I'm sure it will all be the fault of everyone else not being on his level....

100% agree Andy. Plenty seduced by the clubs on the CV. Part responsible for the awful Newcastle sides that took the field last season.

H18 SFR
24-12-2016, 10:21 AM

I still interview myself, the interview questions on FM17 are not in-depth enough. I believe that there are no limits to how far I can go on FM17 and I really want my audience to know that.

Ozyhibby
24-12-2016, 10:30 AM
They were lucky after admin that they had a good young coach in Neilson who got the players to buy into his work ethic and also the fact that they had a decent crop of youngsters come through.
Lucky for us, they were too stupid to realise Neilsons worth and are about to lose those players as they move on for more money. Also lucky for us that they were too stupid to get them tied down to decent contracts so they will be leaving for development compensation only.
Who knows how good Cathro may be but he will be judged on where Neilson left the club (2nd) and he will need to work with inferior players.

Betty Boop
24-12-2016, 10:32 AM
They were lucky after admin that they had a good young coach in Neilson who got the players to buy into his work ethic and also the fact that they had a decent crop of youngsters come through.
Lucky for us, they were too stupid to realise Neilsons worth and are about to lose those players as they move on for more money. Also lucky for us that they were too stupid to get them tied down to decent contracts so they will be leaving for development compensation only.
Who knows how good Cathro may be but he will be judged on where Neilson left the club (2nd) and he will need to work with inferior players.

Lucky for us ? How come ?

#FromTheCapital
24-12-2016, 10:48 AM
I'll take great satisfaction if he turns out to be a failure. Let's be honest, the only reason Neilson was hounded out of tynecastle was because of his poor derby record and our cup win. Would be great to play such a big part in their downward spiral despite not even playing in the top league.

Danderhall Hibs
24-12-2016, 02:25 PM
Few boys round me today were saying they'd also heard the rumours about the players not liking him, training being poor and no banter. One of them coaches at Spartans - not sure if that gives credibility but there are certainly more than a few whispers.

Nothing more about him telling the players they're not good enough to handle his drills.

Unseen work
24-12-2016, 02:46 PM
I can't be bothered slagging hearts when we are sitting 2nd in the championship in our 3rd season.

Danderhall Hibs
24-12-2016, 04:18 PM
I can't be bothered slagging hearts when we are sitting 2nd in the championship in our 3rd season.

Just discuss the rumours instead then?

147lothian
24-12-2016, 06:45 PM
When Patterson goes Cathro's clowns will be lucky to stay in the sixth position

bingo70
24-12-2016, 07:08 PM

I can't think of anything that could happen that would stop me laughing at hearts.

My ability to laugh at hearts has absolutely no corolation with how well hibs are doing.

magpie1892
25-12-2016, 12:13 PM
Part responsible for the awful Newcastle sides that took the field last season.

Insomuch as that as one of the engineers who maintains the bus is responsible for the state of the bus once the driver of the bus gets behind the wheel with no licence, high on crack, and no idea of the destination, yes, absolutely spot-on.

magpie1892
25-12-2016, 12:16 PM
Few boys round me today were saying they'd also heard the rumours about the players not liking him, training being poor and no banter. One of them coaches at Spartans - not sure if that gives credibility but there are certainly more than a few whispers.

Nothing more about him telling the players they're not good enough to handle his drills.

He was neither popular nor unpopular with the players at SJP but Benitez had no issue letting him go despite knowing all about his work in Spain and people who he'd worked with there.

Apparently Cathro's got some size of ego on him.

NORTHERNHIBBY
25-12-2016, 12:38 PM

With you on that one. They will have their own Lennon must stay thread.

monktonharp
25-12-2016, 12:40 PM
I can't be bothered slagging hearts when we are sitting 2nd in the championship in our 3rd season.I feel showered with Francancense and Mirr, at any bad thing reported from that mob. season of goodwill an aw' that, but f/k it.

Springbank
25-12-2016, 05:50 PM
When Patterson goes Cathro's clowns will be lucky to stay in the sixth position

Yeah 34 points will not be enough to stay up.
He could relegate them at his current points ratio (which includes a home game drawn vs bottom of table thistle)

Cathro must stay

The Baldmans Comb
25-12-2016, 06:25 PM
You're obviously a greate believer in the 'John Lambie Management Style' :greengrin

For those not aware, Lambie was managing Partick Thistle during one game and when informed one of his players (Colin McGlashan) had concussion after a head knock, and that he didn't even know who he was, he famously replied...

"Well tell him he's Pele and send him back on"

I would imagine John Lambie would have said it more like :

""FFS Tell the wee C*** he's F*n Pele then an get him F*n back on the Fk* pitch".

BullsCloseHibs
25-12-2016, 06:27 PM
In a perverse way, I quite like IC. His press interviews are always full of fun and inexperience and stupidity.

What's not to like?

northstandhibby
25-12-2016, 07:21 PM
In a perverse way, I quite like IC. His press interviews are always full of fun and inexperience and stupidity.

What's not to like?

He's now a Yam?

:greengrin

lord bunberry
25-12-2016, 07:47 PM
If this complete muppet was the new Jose, Newcastle wouldn't have let him and his laptop **** off to a club with dial up and a loan of some ****s computer.

Dashing Bob S
27-12-2016, 09:08 PM
Okay Cathro can go. Maybe. Are the revolutionary new training methods working and Hearts the new Barca?

heretoday
27-12-2016, 10:11 PM
Okay Cathro can go. Maybe. Are the revolutionary new training methods working and Hearts the new Barca?

We shall see. If he's that amazing he'll not stay long at Hearts.

All the big clubs are on the lookout for the next Mourinho.

Hermit Crab
28-12-2016, 06:40 AM
By all accounts Hearts were outstanding last night.

Brightside
28-12-2016, 07:49 AM

I watched the game. They were. Others will say Killie were poor but the simply didn't let them play. Cathro has changed the system slightly which allows the full backs much more freedom, and they get plenty support from midfield when they are looking for a dangerous out ball.

HIBERNIAN-0762
28-12-2016, 08:06 AM
They will crash and burn against the sheepies, of that I have no doubt, then it will be back to them wanting him out again.

Deluded muppets to the hilt.

Big team....

Aye OK then, if you say so...

Bostonhibby
28-12-2016, 08:38 AM

Just seen the BBC's gushing report, and the pictures - I think replacing Cathro with Father Dougal McGuire is what made all the diiference.

hibsbollah
28-12-2016, 08:50 AM
I thought he would prove to be a good manager for them, and its looking like he has them playing for the bloodied turd jersey now, but there was some comedy defending for all four of those goals, Kilmarnock look absolutely woeful at the back.

NORTHERNHIBBY
28-12-2016, 09:57 AM
Got a text last night from a Hearts fan. He was more than happy with the result but also he said that the changes made to the team would never have been done by Potter.

G B Young
28-12-2016, 02:09 PM

The only account I've read is the Scotsman's report which describes Killie as 'dreadful'. When you look at the fact Killie have not won any of their last five, conceding 12 and scoring just two it's probably wise to put Hearts' 'outstanding' display in perspective. Hearts are fourth in a dire Premiership, 21 points behind Celtic (who also have two games in hand) after only half the season played. They're also a fair distance behind a truly pedestrian Rangers side so I'm not sure there's a lot to be excited by.

Gmack7
30-12-2016, 09:39 PM
he was a babbling moron after the game tonight,improved in the 2nd half apparently:rolleyes::rolleyes:

MichaelTheCelt
30-12-2016, 09:46 PM

Is he suited better as a coach than a manager? The guy seems to be highly thought of, not going to defend him but he hasn't had the easiest of starts to be fair. The Rangers, Thistle, Dundee they should have won clearly effed that one up, Kilmarnock are rotten, Aberdeen was always going to be hard.

Not that I want Hearts doing well but I want them and Aberdeen to finish above The Rangers, given time I think he will come good...

northstandhibby
30-12-2016, 09:52 PM
Is he suited better as a coach than a manager? The guy seems to be highly thought of, not going to defend him but he hasn't had the easiest of starts to be fair. The Rangers, Thistle, Dundee they should have won clearly effed that one up, Kilmarnock are rotten, Aberdeen was always going to be hard.

Not that I want Hearts doing well but I want them and Aberdeen to finish above The Rangers, given time I think he will come good...

He's never been a manager before and almost all of the good or great managers came through having served their time at clubs in lower divisions firstly. So you can't base what you say on any past evidence. Clearly he's there because of his past connections with Potter. Cathro and McPhee look a very oddball duo and out of their depth frankly. They will have good and bad days only because of the budget there is bigger than the likes of Dundee and Killie otherwise it would be all bad.

:giruy2: :lolyam:

Ringothedog
30-12-2016, 09:58 PM
He has been in charge against Partick, Dundee and Kilmarnock(all bottom six) and taken 4 points, and zero points from games against their closest rivals. He may turn it round but will he be given the time as the deluded will demand results immediately.

Dashing Bob S
30-12-2016, 09:59 PM
Once the new stand replaces the Asbo one it will have better wifi and Cathro's performance and results will improve.

MichaelTheCelt
30-12-2016, 10:03 PM
He's never been a manager before and almost all of the good or great managers came through having served their time at clubs in lower divisions firstly. So you can't base what you say on any past evidence. Clearly he's there because of his past connections with Potter. Cathro and McPhee look a very oddball duo and out of their depth frankly. They will have good and bad days only because of the budget there is bigger than the likes of Dundee and Killie otherwise it would be all bad.

:giruy2: :lolyam:

Aye it's based on absolutely eff all to be honest :hilarious(Well actually I based it on what I had read about him as a coach, seemed to me like he was a promising up and comer suited to being the next big thing for lack of a better term, in Scotland). When he was appointed I said to all my pals that is some appointment for Hearts they have made sure to continually remind me its not been some appointment so far.

northstandhibby
30-12-2016, 10:07 PM
Aye it's based on absolutely eff all to be honest :hilarious(Well actually I based it on what I had read about him as a coach, seemed to me like he was a promising up and comer suited to being the next big thing for lack of a batter term, in Scotland). When he was appointed I said to all my pals that is some appointment for Hearts they have made sure to continually remind me its not been some appointment so far.

Goan just admit it you were taken in by the media hype of the two oddballs!!!

:na na:

Hope your'e team does the business tomorrow Michael.

Glory Glory

MichaelTheCelt
30-12-2016, 10:13 PM
Goan just admit it you were taken in by the media hype of the two oddballs!!!

:na na:

Hope your'e team does the business tomorrow Michael.

Glory Glory

Probably right mate :hilarious

Aye I hope so myself not too confident though never am when we are favourites by some distance.

Will be a good end to the year Celtic and Hibernian winning their respective games.

Celtic & Hibs family n aww that :shhhsh!:

greenlex
30-12-2016, 10:14 PM
I think he's a plum. His voice even annoys the **** out me already.

bingo70
30-12-2016, 10:15 PM
I watched the game. They were. Others will say Killie were poor but the simply didn't let them play. Cathro has changed the system slightly which allows the full backs much more freedom, and they get plenty support from midfield when they are looking for a dangerous out ball.

Thoughts on tonight?

They were absolutely dreadful, as in terry butcher hibs bad.

Now I know you'll say he needs to be judged on the long term and that's fair enough but if so then you were a bit hasty in praising him for the success of the killie game.

He'll be a dud imo, I'm convinced of it.

fat freddy
30-12-2016, 10:19 PM
4 points from 15 for The Swotty Prefect and Plug only highlights just how well Robbie Neilson had The Yams performing. Cathro has taken them from the giddy heights of second place to within a whisker of fourth providing St Johnstone get something from their two games in hand. How long before aeroplanes are seen in the skies above the bus shelter again?

Eyrie
30-12-2016, 10:21 PM
He has been in charge against Partick, Dundee and Kilmarnock(all bottom six) and taken 4 points, and zero points from games against their closest rivals. He may turn it round but will he be given the time as the deluded will demand results immediately.

They don't have the money to pay him off, so he's safe for now.

Biggie
30-12-2016, 10:27 PM
Still yam related but I see tony watt is back at his parent club already !?.......did strachan not have him on standby for a Scotland recall ?......could be wrong, but funny old game eh ?

MichaelTheCelt
30-12-2016, 10:32 PM
Still yam related but I see tony watt is back at his parent club already !?.......did strachan not have him on standby for a Scotland recall ?......could be wrong, but funny old game eh ?

Waste of what seemed a promising talent.

truehibernian
30-12-2016, 10:34 PM

Bizarre as this may sound I think he'd be a good signing for Hibs. He's like Jason Cummings in personality and I think he'd bounce off our squad and management. Spoke to him a couple of times at Tynie and simply basing his personality against Neilson, and their players, I think he knew he'd made the wrong move. He's a talented player, definitely needs managed, but I'd like him at Hibs.

truehibernian
30-12-2016, 10:36 PM
Waste of what seemed a promising talent.

With the right manager, played where he wants to play, still a talent for me.

MichaelTheCelt
30-12-2016, 10:41 PM
With the right manager, played where he wants to play, still a talent for me.

Would take him at Hibernian? I thought that move was going to happen in the summer right enough when Lennon was appointed.

EDIT

Just seen your post above, yeah I think he'd be a good fit as well to be honest, can't see it happening now, could be wrong though..

truehibernian
30-12-2016, 10:44 PM
Would take him at Hibernian? I thought that move was going to happen in the summer right enough when Lennon was appointed.

Yep, I'd take him. The crowd at Tynie never fully took to him and I'm convinced there was a section who based it on his Celtic past. He's technically good with the ball at feet and like Stokes likes to come in from a flank rather than be a striker in a two. The way Hibs play would suit him, I think he'd like playing in a side with Commons and Shinnie.

MichaelTheCelt
30-12-2016, 10:48 PM
Yep, I'd take him. The crowd at Tynie never fully took to him and I'm convinced there was a section who based it on his Celtic past. He's technically good with the ball at feet and like Stokes likes to come in from a flank rather than be a striker in a two. The way Hibs play would suit him, I think he'd like playing in a side with Commons and Shinnie.

Could still happen I suppose, he's not gonna get a loo in now at Charlton he knows Lennon and vice versa Hibs may just be the place for him to get his career back on track. Which I would like to see, he is talented and it would be disappointing seeing it going to waste.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
30-12-2016, 11:40 PM
Can't see it.

Did Lennon not boot him out of parkhead for his attitude? And his career trajectory since suggests he hasnt hugely improved.

Dont doubt his talent, but that is nott enough.

truehibernian
31-12-2016, 12:24 AM
Can't see it.

Did Lennon not boot him out of parkhead for his attitude? And his career trajectory since suggests he hasnt hugely improved.

Dont doubt his talent, but that is nott enough.

I don't see it either however sometimes you get a gut instinct that a certain club will fit a player - I think Hibs at this moment in time, this league, would reinvigorate Watt.

hibbysam
31-12-2016, 02:11 AM
The pressure is only going to mount as well. Their first three games back are Raith away in the cup, Rangers at home and Celtic away. By then they will be miles away from Europe, with sides breathing down their neck and with any luck out of the cup again.

heretoday
31-12-2016, 06:27 AM
Holy hell, Batman. I never realised these guys were so bad.

You're on your own, Boy Wonder.

Pretty Boy
31-12-2016, 06:53 AM
The results in the early tenure of Cathro just seem to be proving once again that being a good coach is no guarantee of making a good manager.

The best coach Hibs had in recent years was Colin Calderwood. He's been respected as a coach wherever he has been and whilst at Hibs the players enjoyed and were challenged by his training. He was a terrible manager. He still gets plenty work as a coach though.

There's far more to being a manager than coaching. Alex Ferguson had Archie Knox threaten to resign on him at Aberdeen because he felt surplus to requirements as Fergie took the training as well as everything else a manager had to do. Ferguson admits his success came when he stepped back and watched from the sidelines whilst guys like Knox, Kidd, Quieroz, Phelan (another struggling as manager) and so on got on with what they were good at which was coaching. Telling players they have 'no limits' and being a good technical coach is great but if you don't engage the players, have the ability to get them onside and get them to buy into you and what you want them to do then you are doomed to fail. Some of the best managers haven't been great coaches and some of the best coaches haven't been good managers, the 2 don't always go hand in hand.

Onion
31-12-2016, 07:11 AM
Horrible, industrial football in a library last night.

Deluded and still struggling to come to terms with 21 May 2016 :flag:

ACLeith
31-12-2016, 07:43 AM
It is still too early to judge him. BUT, last night was the first time I have seen Hearts since they were on TV against The Rangers in the final days of Neilson's reign. After 5 games you wouldn't expect to see a radical change of tactics/style but after 5 you would expect to see some differences. I didn't last night, still the same old stuff.

Don't know whether that means he realises the players he inherited are incapable of doing anything different and is just waiting until January 1st, or he can't persuade them to do things his way - we'll know after 31st January, assuming they have any spare cash to throw about.

I did see ONE big difference though - post match comments from Neilson were mumbled, incoherent rubbish, last night it was articulate incoherent rubbish

Since90+2
31-12-2016, 09:32 AM
By all accounts Hearts were absolutely rank last night.

stantonhibby
31-12-2016, 09:35 AM

Indeed they were. Walker was the only one who looked remotely like a footballer.

green day
31-12-2016, 09:40 AM
So, I take it he is no longer the Messiah, and is now just a very naughty boy?

Craig_in_Prague
31-12-2016, 10:24 AM

The only thought I had is how bad must Kilmarnock be.

emerald green
31-12-2016, 11:02 AM
Is it correct that the Gorgie loyal booed their favourites off the pitch at half time last night? Surely not?

Is it not just Hibs fans who don't support their team when things go badly?