PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: TICKET PRICES ANNOUNCED FOR BONNYRIGG ROSE GAME

RSS Bot
23-12-2016, 05:00 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/7114)

Nakedmanoncrack
23-12-2016, 05:04 PM
Seems sensible- Wheatfield probably sufficient- more if need be.

Thecat23
23-12-2016, 05:08 PM
Happy enough with that.

hibby6270
23-12-2016, 05:09 PM
Although it doesn't say it, does this mean Bonnyrigg have the whole of the Gorgie Road stand?
Also sounds like the "currently under refurbishment" wooden shed death trap of a main stand isn't being used?

If you look on Sickbag, a lot of Jambos claiming they are up for buying tickets for the game. How will Bonnyrigg stop this - if indeed they can?

wookie70
23-12-2016, 05:11 PM
Not too bad for price. Glad we have a chance of a few more tickets if we sell out our allocation. Nice little earner for both clubs and hopefully a big win for the holders

hibbysam
23-12-2016, 05:13 PM
Although it doesn't say it, does this mean Bonnyrigg have the whole of the Gorgie Road stand?
Also sounds like the "currently under refurbishment" wooden shed death trap of a main stand isn't being used?

Both correct. There way of ensuring that we do not get the biggest attendance there this season. Hope the 'home' stands are empty, Bonnyrigg thinking they can sell 7000 tickets is highly amusing.

Billy Whizz
23-12-2016, 05:13 PM

If you look on Sickbag, a lot of Jambos claiming they are up for buying tickets for the game. How will Bonnyrigg stop this - if indeed they can?

http://www.bonnyriggrosefc.co.uk/teams/118321/news/scottish-cup-fourth-round--update-1735838.html

Looks like the old stand isn't open

Keith_M
23-12-2016, 05:16 PM
Considering the death-trap stand isn't being closed down until the end of the season, I find it strange it's being closed just for this match.

NthCarolinaHibs
23-12-2016, 05:20 PM
The Saviles are just no wanting us to have the biggest home crowd at the PBS two seasons running...

Onion
23-12-2016, 05:25 PM

A truly weird species, still obsessing over Hibernian FC despite having their nuts chemically removed on 21 May 2016. Time for a restraining order.

NAE NOOKIE
23-12-2016, 05:27 PM
Considering the death-trap stand isn't being closed down until the end of the season, I find it strange it's being closed just for this match.

The schedule for building works probably didn't take into account having a match on that day, so its probably no more sinister than that ... with Budge now talking about renting ER its sounds like they are already behind schedule, because as far as I was aware the Yams were planning to have the stand replaced without having to play away from the PBS.

hibby6270
23-12-2016, 05:31 PM
Both correct. There way of ensuring that we do not get the biggest attendance there this season. Hope the 'home' stands are empty, Bonnyrigg thinking they can sell 7000 tickets is highly amusing.

Thanks for confirming.
No doubt There'll be a few Jambos swelling the home crowd though. Just have a feeling.

hibby6270
23-12-2016, 05:32 PM
http://www.bonnyriggrosefc.co.uk/teams/118321/news/scottish-cup-fourth-round--update-1735838.html

Looks like the old stand isn't open

Cheers

Pete
23-12-2016, 05:33 PM

Their manager actually encouraged hearts fans to buy tickets so I'm not sure they want to stop it.

Hibernia&Alba
23-12-2016, 05:40 PM
A truly weird species, still obsessing over Hibernian FC despite having their nuts chemically removed on 21 May 2016. Time for a restraining order.

There will probably be a fair number of the smellies at the game. They need professional help.

S4uzee
23-12-2016, 05:44 PM
£20 a bit steep

B.H.F.C
23-12-2016, 05:46 PM
Their manager actually encouraged hearts fans to buy tickets so I'm not sure they want to stop it.

Of course they don't. They're quite well supported by junior standards but if they just had people there who only supported Bonnyrigg they wouldn't have much of a crowd. It's their big pay day so they will want as many people in that ground as they can get regardless of who their 'big' team is.

Hibernia&Alba
23-12-2016, 05:46 PM
£20 a bit steep

I think it's okay, but perhaps £15 would be more like it.

H18 SFR
23-12-2016, 05:54 PM
£20 to watch a junior team - shocking.

Bristolhibby
23-12-2016, 05:54 PM
Thanks for confirming.
No doubt There'll be a few Jambos swelling the home crowd though. Just have a feeling.

And swelling our pockets at the same time. Cheers ya fuds!

J

iwasthere1972
23-12-2016, 06:01 PM
I was expecting £15 maximum. £20 is a bit steep.

Pete
23-12-2016, 06:03 PM
£20 to watch a junior team - shocking.

We're watching Hibs too remember. ;-)

SunshineOnLeith
23-12-2016, 06:25 PM

Why should Bonnyrigg stop it?

Canon Hannan
23-12-2016, 06:33 PM
£20 for Hibs fans against a junior team is poor show. Greedy and way overpriced.

KeithTheHibby
23-12-2016, 06:37 PM
Thanks for confirming.

I hope the ground is full of the muppets. We get half the money. That will be lost on most of the plebs so more the merrier.

lord bunberry
23-12-2016, 06:38 PM
Are they not playing Raith the same day?

green&left
23-12-2016, 06:43 PM
Are they not playing Raith the same day?

Sunday. Moved for tele.

Canon Hannan
23-12-2016, 06:49 PM
I have no affinity to Bonnyrigg Rose and in a way feel they may lose out on a sellout now. Plenty won't pay £20 to go there and play against a small club. It's their own doing in my view. Make it £10 and £5. I would rather pay £20 and watch Utd at home in a big game for us. Let Bonnyrigg sell their 3000 and we will take maybe 5000 now.

hfc rd
23-12-2016, 06:54 PM
I have no affinity to Bonnyrigg Rose and in a way feel they may lose out on a sellout now. Plenty won't pay £20 to go there and play against a small club. It's their own doing in my view. Make it £10 and £5. I would rather pay £20 and watch Utd at home in a big game for us. Let Bonnyrigg sell their 3000 and we will take maybe 5000 now.

I reckon Bonnyrigg will sell much more than 3,000 as their is certainly going to be a fair load of yams purchasing tickets for their sections.

northstandhibby
23-12-2016, 06:54 PM
Hope I see some Yams in the Bonnyrigg end. Be giving them the two finger salute both hands for the best 2-2 comeback ever.

The Bonnyrigg websites selling Bonnyrigg v Hibernian t-shirts and talking about selling half and half scarves possibly. Certainly cashing in on the tie and why not.

Strange creatures the Yams, they are totally obsessed with us.

Glory Glory

Broken Gnome
23-12-2016, 06:56 PM
Ach, we could nitpick over a fiver here or there any other year. It's Hibs. As Scottish Cup holders. It's worth it.

Pete
23-12-2016, 07:02 PM
Ach, we could nitpick over a fiver here or there any other year. It's Hibs. As Scottish Cup holders. It's worth it.

:agree:

£20/10 is alright for a cup tie that we should win.

brianmc
23-12-2016, 07:27 PM
:agree:

£20/10 is alright for a cup tie that we should win.

I have to disagree. If it had been at ER and Hibs announced these prices the club would be getting slated for it. Folk would most likely be calling for £10/£5 .
I for one won't be paying £40 for me and my teenage daughter to experience junior fitba at that ramshackle piggery.

Feed McGraw
23-12-2016, 07:35 PM
A truly weird species, still obsessing over Hibernian FC despite having their nuts chemically removed on 21 May 2016. Time for a restraining order. This post sums those sparryheid weirdos up perfectly. Well said sir and lets get our lawyers on to that restraining order.

Mikey09
23-12-2016, 07:43 PM
sorry... £20 for a 4th round tie against a Junior club and that's acceptable?! Folk were moaning on here at Hibs charging £22 for a walk up?

Brooster
23-12-2016, 07:44 PM
Own goal by BR as far as the pricing goes. These prices will have an impact on the crowd.

Baldy Foghorn
23-12-2016, 07:53 PM
Own goal by BR as far as the pricing goes. These prices will have an impact on the crowd.

Yip, nothing to do with us, BR have priced this as their home tie

cabbageandribs1875
23-12-2016, 07:55 PM
£20

do one

http://emojipop.net/data/images/emoji_set_106.png (https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiP3equmYvRAhVEvhQKHcrNCrYQjRwIBw&url=http%3A%2F%2Femojipop.net%2Fid315&psig=AFQjCNFBp3qq-h6tuPearKMeEUGRpVnQLg&ust=1482612837958598)

Nakedmanoncrack
23-12-2016, 07:55 PM
What were people expecting? The fact they took it there said that it was all about maximum exploitation of revenue - they were hardly likely to offer cut price tickets were they.

Simkin911
23-12-2016, 08:35 PM
I'll be in the Bonnyrigg end wearing my hibs scarf. My son (6) will be wearing his Bonnyrigg training kit with his Hibs scarf. I think there will be a number of folk in the same situation. The Bonnyrigg coaches are co-ordinating ticket purchases for the academy kids.

Hearts fans will need to just suck it up.

B.H.F.C
23-12-2016, 08:41 PM
Yip, nothing to do with us, BR have priced this as their home tie

In a cup tie the two sides need to agree it.

Speedy
23-12-2016, 09:51 PM

It's absolutely not though. I think it's priced fairly.

It's the classic football pricing debate. Half the price doesn't mean double the crowd.

Brooster
23-12-2016, 10:10 PM
It's absolutely not though. I think it's priced fairly.

It's the classic football pricing debate. Half the price doesn't mean double the crowd.

1st round of the the Scottish Cup for the top teams, Junior team at home.....its over priced. Me and my boys will be there but its over priced. BR (in my opinion) are being greedy.

Glory Lurker
23-12-2016, 11:11 PM
I'll pay that to see us starting our defence. We are the champions.

monktonharp
23-12-2016, 11:11 PM
The schedule for building works probably didn't take into account having a match on that day, so its probably no more sinister than that ... with Budge now talking about renting ER its sounds like they are already behind schedule, because as far as I was aware the Yams were planning to have the stand replaced without having to play away from the PBS.is Budge talking about renting ER, or in talks to rent ER? I sincerely hope this will never happen. only a personal view, but if it does, they can keep my season ticket next season

B.H.F.C
23-12-2016, 11:19 PM
1st round of the the Scottish Cup for the top teams, Junior team at home.....its over priced. Me and my boys will be there but its over priced. BR (in my opinion) are being greedy.

Happy to stand corrected but positive the teams need to agree prices in a cup tie. Pretty sure the £20 price isn't entirely down to Bonnyrigg.

Thief
23-12-2016, 11:43 PM
I'll be in the Bonnyrigg end wearing my hibs scarf. My son (6) will be wearing his Bonnyrigg training kit with his Hibs scarf. I think there will be a number of folk in the same situation. The Bonnyrigg coaches are co-ordinating ticket purchases for the academy kids.

Hearts fans will need to just suck it up.

I could be completely wrong, but I'd be wary of the police allowing you in to one end, wearing the other teams colours.
All good natured fun - until the goals start flying in!! [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ihibs7
24-12-2016, 12:16 AM
I could be completely wrong, but I'd be wary of the police allowing you in to one end, wearing the other teams colours.
All good natured fun - until the goals start flying in!! [emoji848]

In my opinion it is disrespectful to bonnyrigg, really. Imagine the general opinion if it was Rangers or Celtic the rose had drawn and people part of the bonnyrigg community club set up turned up in the Bonnyrigg end wearing rangers and Celtic scarves.

jgl07
24-12-2016, 01:55 AM
The schedule for building works probably didn't take into account having a match on that day, so its probably no more sinister than that ... with Budge now talking about renting ER its sounds like they are already behind schedule, because as far as I was aware the Yams were planning to have the stand replaced without having to play away from the PBS.
That idea was bonkers from the start.

They were suggesting that they would first construct facilities under the Wheatfield (Phase 0), then build the rear half of the new stand behind the deathtrap. Thn they would move the supporters from the old stand to the upper tier of the new stand (Phase 1). So far so good. That is apart from how the hell the supporters would get into the Asbestos Palace?

The implausible bit comes next in Phase 2. The old stand would somehow be demolished despite being virtually surrounded by the new and existing stands and the front half of the new stand constructed.while continuing to play on! It is a project management problem not to mention a health and safety nightmare.

Some of the problems could be resolved if Hearts throw enough money at it but I remain unconvinced that the existing stand can be demolished with the upper tier of the new built smack up behind it. To even think about doing this during the season is optimistic to say the least. It is unlikely that Phase 2 could be completed during the two month close season in Scotland.

Hearts can't simply close the old stand and play on , certainly not the season because they have sold more season cards than the other three stands could accommodate.

Hence the need to relocate. Certainly for the European Qualifiers, if Hearts get that far, with Murrayfield already lined up. Probably for a League Season as well hence the mumblings about Easter Road.

Pete
24-12-2016, 03:37 AM
I have to disagree. If it had been at ER and Hibs announced these prices the club would be getting slated for it. Folk would most likely be calling for £10/£5 .
I for one won't be paying £40 for me and my teenage daughter to experience junior fitba at that ramshackle piggery.

I get what you're saying but look at it from the Rose's point of view. This is a once in a generation chance to give their club a huge cash boost that will set them up for the foreseeable. We also get some of the cash too remember.

Just buy her a concession ticket. I doubt anyone at the turnstile will care. :angelic:

Jonnyboy
26-12-2016, 04:18 PM
Happy to stand corrected but positive the teams need to agree prices in a cup tie. Pretty sure the £20 price isn't entirely down to Bonnyrigg.

I understand Hibs wanted £15 and £5 but the Rose insisted on £20 as they looked to maximise their share of the gate income. As 'home' team they had the right to insist and Hibs had little option but to agree.

I know it's expensive but I'll be there regardless and hoping we get Raith in the next round 😉

JimBHibees
26-12-2016, 05:20 PM
I understand Hibs wanted £15 and £5 but the Rose insisted on £20 as they looked to maximise their share of the gate income. As 'home' team they had the right to insist and Hibs had little option but to agree.

I know it's expensive but I'll be there regardless and hoping we get Raith in the next round 😉

20 seems steep but should still be a decent crowd.

Scouse Hibee
26-12-2016, 06:21 PM
£20 is nothing these days,good value to watch Hibs in my opinion.

northstandhibby
26-12-2016, 06:29 PM

Most folk would regard that as the sensible price option. It would have put a few extra thousand on the gate. I appreciate a fiver does not seem a lot but to many it's the straw that breaks the camels back so to speak. It's Bonnyrigg Rose for goodness sake.

I will still be going but 15 and 5 was a 'fair' price, more than that and people start thinking maybe I'll stay in the pub instead.

Still be a decent crowd though not as many as it could have been.

Glory Glory

Canon Hannan
26-12-2016, 07:34 PM
I don't know any of my Hibs pals who will be paying £20 and to go there too! £10 and £5 max. They are at it!

Hermit Crab
26-12-2016, 07:37 PM
£20 a bit steep

Agree, its a joke that its £20 considering Bonnyrigg charge £12 and £6 normally yet they said they didn't move the game to make money. My arse!!!!

PatHead
26-12-2016, 08:41 PM
Think 5for children would have been enough especially before first payday after Christmas for many parents.

Dashing Bob S
27-12-2016, 07:58 AM
Should be more. We get our football way too cheap. Twenty pounds to see the Scottish Cup Champions defend their trophy -admittedly against/at a lower level of opposition/stadia than we are used to- is a bargain. If it prevents moaning jakeys, (their breaths stinking of cheap alcohol and their displaced whines and groans deflecting from the domestic hell they've made of their worthless lives) from attending this game, then I say: hike 'em up some more!

JimBHibees
27-12-2016, 08:00 AM
Should be more. We get our football way too cheap. Twenty pounds to see the Scottish Cup Champions defend their trophy -admittedly against/at a lower level of opposition/stadia than we are used to- is a bargain. If it prevents moaning jakeys, (their breaths stinking of cheap alcohol and their displaced whines and groans deflecting from the domestic hell they've made of their worthless lives) from attending this game, then I say: hike 'em up some more!

:not worth :faf:

Marco G
27-12-2016, 09:04 AM
Agree, its a joke that its £20 considering Bonnyrigg charge £12 and £6 normally yet they said they didn't move the game to make money. My arse!!!!
Sorry, but its £6 and £3 for their league matches! So even more of a hike than you thought!
However Hearts charge for ground rental and policing will cost a fair wedge, and Hibs dont pay any of that, so maybe they had to hike prices to cover that as well to ensure a decent pay day.

GreenCastle
27-12-2016, 09:13 AM
The Bonnyrigg fans should be more annoyed than the Hibs fans with these prices as it's a massive rise compared to what they are used to paying !

How is the ticket money split for these games ?

Sergey
27-12-2016, 09:32 AM

Well said, Robert. It's also prudent of the club to have the pre-match hospitality at Easter Road. Things such as disconnected water, knackered boilers and portable calor gas heaters isn't my idea of hospitable.

I'm glad the club have seen this as a priority.

Keith_M
27-12-2016, 10:33 AM
Well said, Robert. It's also prudent of the club to have the pre-match hospitality at Easter Road. Things such as disconnected water, knackered boilers and portable calor gas heaters isn't my idea of hospitable.

I'm glad the club have seen this as a priority.

How is that possible? Surely they build this new stand in 2008, like they promised

:dunno:

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20150906/f8d2d230ad5c5670f4a7876ca0ec911c.jpg

Hermit Crab
27-12-2016, 12:25 PM
Sorry, but its £6 and £3 for their league matches! So even more of a hike than you thought!
However Hearts charge for ground rental and policing will cost a fair wedge, and Hibs dont pay any of that, so maybe they had to hike prices to cover that as well to ensure a decent pay day.

Thats even worse. They are exploiting their own fans as well as us.

lyonhibs
27-12-2016, 01:13 PM
Most folk would regard that as the sensible price option. It would have put a few extra thousand on the gate. I appreciate a fiver does not seem a lot but to many it's the straw that breaks the camels back so to speak. It's Bonnyrigg Rose for goodness sake.

I will still be going but 15 and 5 was a 'fair' price, more than that and people start thinking maybe I'll stay in the pub instead.

Still be a decent crowd though not as many as it could have been.

Glory Glory

This "I'll stay in the pub but would have gone were it £X" line always cracks me up.

Beyond any reasonable doubt they'll spend more in there than this extra price difference that's considered the "straw that broke camel's back" and most probably will spend more in the pub than the overall ticket price "X", in this case £20. So it's a void argument from a "saving money" POV

Different if folk stay in the house or whatever obviously, but if a £5 price difference results in you going the pub instead of a Hibs game you can logistically and time-wise easily get to, you weren't too fussed about attending the game and supporting Hibs in person in the first place IMO.

lucky
27-12-2016, 01:40 PM
It's a farce a junior club charging £20. But that's the cost. Up to fans to decide if they want to go or not. I doubt the crowd will be more than 8000

Speedy
27-12-2016, 03:31 PM
Thats even worse. They are exploiting their own fans as well as us.

Exploiting their own fans, you must be joking? It's most likely the biggest game in their history.

Hermit Crab
27-12-2016, 04:07 PM
Exploiting their own fans, you must be joking? It's most likely the biggest game in their history.

Well if it is they are exploiting the fans asking them to pay £20 a head.

GreenCastle
27-12-2016, 04:49 PM

Their fans pay £6 a game and now being asked to pay £20.

That's quite a hike in price.

Billy Whizz
27-12-2016, 05:05 PM
Well if it is they are exploiting the fans asking them to pay £20 a head.

Remember Hearts will be getting a share of this gate for rental. Maybe Bonnyrigg adding on a fiver for safety

Hermit Crab
27-12-2016, 05:10 PM

More than 3x the usual entrance fee is shocking. Just part funding those jumbos new stand if you ask me.

Speedy
27-12-2016, 05:43 PM

It is but it's quite a hike in occasion.