PDA

View Full Version : NHC Neil Doncaster

G B Young
23-12-2016, 10:57 AM
This guy and his cohorts have consistently underwhelmed me for years now and his attitude when questioned by MSPs about youth football does nothing to improve my opinion:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-38403793

H18 SFR
23-12-2016, 11:08 AM
He is protected beyond belief. Scottish football really is an absolute joke at times.

beensaidbefore
23-12-2016, 11:19 AM
He is protected beyond belief. Scottish football really is an absolute joke at times.

Wish he would just piss off back to the chase.
😁

PeeKay
23-12-2016, 11:26 AM
For a man in his position to appear before a Holyrood committee so poorly briefed was a disgrace. Even the MSPs who were questioning him sounded embarrassed by his inept performance.

cleanyman
23-12-2016, 11:29 AM
I was reading up on this yesterday

This should be splattered on the front pages of every newspaper

His preparation for the hearing was a disgrace and the answers he gave were embarrassing. Did he not take his big bonus a couple of months ago?

Time for a petition

Pretty Boy
23-12-2016, 11:37 AM
Blame the clubs, including ours.

They keep him in his position.

beensaidbefore
23-12-2016, 11:40 AM
Perhaps someone with the skills could create a petition on here and share it with other teams forums. I for one have never understood what he brings to the Scottish game and would be happy to see the back. Of him and Reagan.

CorrieHibs
23-12-2016, 11:46 AM
The man is a fool. He doesn't have a clue what is going on. Anyone of us that were that bad at our jobs would be shown the door ages ago and rightly so.

No idea how he even got in that position.

Deansy
23-12-2016, 11:55 AM
Hopefully this'll lead up to Holyrood looking into all aspects of how the GFA (allegedly) govern our game - questions should've been asked over their handling of the Hun in 2012, 'undisclosed 5 Way-agreement' for starters !

Ozyhibby
23-12-2016, 12:10 PM
Petrie is one of his big fans. No point complaining about Doncaster. He's only there to stop the clubs taking the flack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bostonhibby
23-12-2016, 12:24 PM
Petrie is one of his big fans. No point complaining about Doncaster. He's only there to stop the clubs taking the flack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good point, this is how I see it. Pay a fool more money than they'd ever get on the open market and they'll hang on for as long as possible whatever crap comes their way. If its the club chairmen that keep him in a job they're to blame.

Sent from my HTC One mini 2 using Tapatalk

lucky
23-12-2016, 12:36 PM
Doncaster and Regan have been a disaster for Scottish football fans. The way they govern the game is a joke. But it's the clubs that keep them in place including Hibs. Our game needs a massive overhaul, we need to stop trying to emulate the English league. Our football has gone backwards under their stewardship. I'd go for a 16 team top league played in the spring through to autumn. Scrap the crap tv deal, share all gate money, have a set price for tickets, bring back the reserve league and that's just for starters. There is no innovation at helm of our national sport and that needs to change and the first step is removing Doncaster & Regan

easty
14-02-2017, 02:40 AM
Read the other day that Doncaster, and Ralph Topping, shared a bonus pot of £110k for their good work last year.

https://www.sundaypost.com/fp/scottish-football-chiefs-banked-110000-performance-bonus-last-year/

Then this morning I read that Scottish football did absolutely zero drug tests during a 9 month period last year...

"I think the SFA is slowly getting its act together in terms of a budget to do some testing, but a nine month absence is not good news."

http://m.bbc.com/sport/football/38959264

Wonder how many drug tests that bonus pot could have paid for?

Wonder what Doncaster actually did that a committee deemed worthy of a bonus? Started by getting us a dug ***** TV deal, then got us a slightly better, but still ***** one...congrats Neil, here have a bonus.

JackLadd
14-02-2017, 02:54 AM
Him and his SFA crook pal Regan should be long gone, along with the whole crooked cabal in Hampden that produced the Sevco to start life in SPL sham, the 5 way agreement sham, the LNS sham, the res 12 hun Euro license sham, same club sham. It's staggering they are still there.

CropleyWasGod
14-02-2017, 03:37 AM
Read the other day that Doncaster, and Ralph Topping, shared a bonus pot of £110k for their good work last year.

https://www.sundaypost.com/fp/scottish-football-chiefs-banked-110000-performance-bonus-last-year/

Then this morning I read that Scottish football did absolutely zero drug tests during a 9 month period last year...

"I think the SFA is slowly getting its act together in terms of a budget to do some testing, but a nine month absence is not good news."

Wonder what Doncaster actually did that a committee deemed worthy of a bonus? Started by getting us a dug ***** TV deal, then got us a slightly better, but still ***** one...congrats Neil, here have a bonus.

The answer to your first question is that the bonus pot wouldn't pay for any drug testing. The bonuses came from the SPFL's cash, and the drug testing is the SFA's responsibility.

On the second, he increased revenue, so is probably entitled to it under the terms of his contract.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

JimBHibees
14-02-2017, 06:44 AM

9 months absence is not good news :rolleyes: it is absolutely criminal and not fit for purpose. Frankly not good enough as there will IMO definitely be players gaining an advantage

easty
14-02-2017, 09:23 AM
The answer to your first question is that the bonus pot wouldn't pay for any drug testing. The bonuses came from the SPFL's cash, and the drug testing is the SFA's responsibility.

On the second, he increased revenue, so is probably entitled to it under the terms of his contract.

Thanks CWG, though sometimes I wish you wouldn't be so logical!

The second point though...increasing revenue from the dire sponsorship deal he got us previously, to a slightly less dire one. Does that deserve a bonus?

CropleyWasGod
14-02-2017, 10:03 AM
Thanks CWG, though sometimes I wish you wouldn't be so logical!

The second point though...increasing revenue from the dire sponsorship deal he got us previously, to a slightly less dire one. Does that deserve a bonus?
Doesn't to me, and wouldn't to most. Whoever negotiated his contract needs a pay cut 😊