PDA

View Full Version : Roddy Cranston (RIP)

ArmadaleHibs
23-12-2016, 11:37 AM
One of our very own passed away today. An absolute true Hibby and a fantastic guy. He was known on here as Ravelston Hibs. Never a good time to lose someone but even worse this time of year. RIP Roddy. Never be forgotten

blackpoolhibs
23-12-2016, 11:39 AM
Sad news R.I.P.

BSEJVT
23-12-2016, 11:39 AM
Sorry to hear of the passing of another Hibby

RIP Roddy

Condolences to all family & friends

mim
23-12-2016, 11:54 AM
RIP RH
Sincere condolences to family & friends.

CropleyWasGod
23-12-2016, 11:55 AM
RIP.

Is this the same RC who was one of the old Shareholders Association?

Baldy Foghorn
23-12-2016, 12:07 PM
RIP.

Is this the same RC who was one of the old Shareholders Association?

Yes it is. Had been ill for a while.

RIP Rod, a true gent...

God Bless.........

Pretty Boy
23-12-2016, 12:39 PM
Very sad to read this. He posted on here for a long while and I got to know him through HSL and his involvement with the shareholders association.

A good Hibby and a gentleman.

PatHead
23-12-2016, 12:40 PM
Really sad news.
I knew Rod from Working Together where he did a power of work with,amongst other things, the tickets for schools. He also worked with Hibernians and as someone else mentioned the shareholders association.

His grandson was a mascot on 21 May leading Jason out. Rod was so proud especially when the camera followed them along the line. I was very pleased he made it to the match and saw us lift the cup.

He managed to get out of hospital a couple of weeks ago for a day and was taken into the director box to see his last game.

Really lovely guy. Many of us will miss him. Far too young.

RIP Rod.

Condolences to his family.

Twiglet
23-12-2016, 01:00 PM
Rod and I became friends through working together and would meet for a blether every so often, putting the world to right and having a debate over whose turn it was to pay (each of us would say it was our own turn as we could never remember who paid last time and would usually end with who could pass the payment over quickest).
When he was diagnosed he said to me that this year would be the last chance he would have to see us lift the cup. This was in April and I said to him "we're still in it!". When we won one of my first thoughts was that he got to see us lift the cup and hoping that he'd made it to Hampden to see it in person.
Like PatHead said above I know he was so proud to see his grandson walk out on the pitch hand in hand with Jason. He was also very touched by how much Hibs did to ensure that he would be there with his family.

I will always hold him as a good friend in my heart. My thoughts and prayers are with his family right now.

RIP Rod.

Eric
23-12-2016, 01:07 PM
Worked with Rod on the Hibernians and Shareholders Association - he will be sorely missed. Condolences to his wife and family.

RIP Rod

Gerard
23-12-2016, 01:41 PM
Sorry to hear of his passing. He will be missed by many people.

hibbydad
23-12-2016, 01:42 PM
I am really sad to read this. I knew Rod from school as well as all things Hibs related. So glad he managed to see us win the cup. My prayers are with his family

gaz1875
23-12-2016, 01:52 PM
I was a good friend of Rods for many years after meeting at Marco's boxing fit. Absolutely Hibs mad, as others have said he was over the moon and couldn't wait to tell me and show me photos of his grandson walking out as mascot at the Scottish Cup final, a truly memorable day for him and his family, as he was very ill at the time.

Condolences to all his family he was a lovely guy, RIP Rod

Islington Hibs
23-12-2016, 02:08 PM
I knew Rod well and this is very sad news indeed. He was the long standing secretary of the Shareholders Association and a complete gentleman but continued to be involved with the club long after the Shareholder's Association ceased to be important. He had many interests and was great company and a real Hibs enthusiast. My thoughts and prayers to his family.

matty_f
23-12-2016, 02:21 PM
Really sorry to hear this, Rod was a lovely guy. RIP.

DaveF
23-12-2016, 02:31 PM
Very sad news. Didn't know Rod personally but a long time, valued poster on here and someone who seemed to be at the centre of everything good.

Fratelli
23-12-2016, 02:51 PM
As others have said, Rod was a true gent in every sense of the word.

I was briefly a colleague of his over 25 years ago when we worked for the same printing group and then later on we became competitors in our sales roles, however myself and clients always had the utmost respect for a gent that did his job with professionalism and integrity.

i had the pleasure of meeting him in September for lunch down in Stockbridge and of course much of the chat centred around his beloved family and his love of Hibs and of course the joy of our Scottish Cup Final victory.

Rod Cranston...a true gent.

FranckSuzy
23-12-2016, 03:31 PM
Very sad news indeed. Rod was a total gentleman and a great Hibby to boot and I'll never forget when we had a mini Working Together meeting at his flat and he kept disappearing to play bridge (IIRC) on his PC :greengrin

So glad he got to see us lift the Scottish Cup and may he RIP.

Jonnyboy
23-12-2016, 04:42 PM
I never knew Rod in person but knew of him as a long time subscriber to Mass Hibsteria and via a few PM exchanges on here. Even so I feel a great deal of sadness at his passing. Another good Hibby gone and I'm delighted he saw his team win the cup.

RIP Rod

O'Rourke3
23-12-2016, 04:42 PM
Always very sad news this time of year. It sounds like he finally got the result he'd wished for in May too. Condolences to the family.

archiebald
23-12-2016, 04:54 PM
One of our very own passed away today. An absolute true Hibby and a fantastic guy. He was known on here as Ravelston Hibs. Never a good time to lose someone but even worse this time of year. RIP Roddy. Never be forgotten
Had a shop many years ago in prestonfield road

trev the hat
23-12-2016, 05:11 PM
Thoughts to family & friends
RIP Rod

Billy Whizz
23-12-2016, 06:15 PM
Didn't know Roddy, but always sad to hear of the passing of any of our supporters

Viva_Palmeiras
23-12-2016, 08:16 PM
Sorry to hear this. Met him through LWT. A gent, cared deeply for the club. Glad to learn he got his wish.
With the angels high above.

northstandhibby
23-12-2016, 08:19 PM
RIP and condolences and best wishes to the family. God bless.

Joe6-2
23-12-2016, 09:34 PM
Condolences to Roddy's family

One Day
24-12-2016, 08:29 AM
Sad news RIP

HibbyRod
28-12-2016, 06:41 PM
Rod's funeral will be held at Warriston crematorium (Lorimer Chapel) on Wednesday 4th January 2017 at 12 noon.

gaz1875
29-12-2016, 05:25 PM
Thanks for the info.

TomTheHibbyBev
29-12-2016, 06:21 PM
Sincere condolences to family & friends.RIP. Rod