PDA

View Full Version : Oscar to join Shanghai SIPG for £60 million

LustForLeith
23-12-2016, 08:08 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38414256

And he'll get a reported £400,000 a WEEK!

In was reading into a bit about the game over there before their season started and it was quite interesting.

The current President of the country is football daft. He wants the country to host a World Cup and eventually win one. He's doing all he can to improve the current standard of the sport.

To win political favour, companies are backing teams to buy whoever they want. So in theory if your shown to help improve the game then there's a chance your company is going to get some sort of benefit in the future.

Popular with Brazilians just now. The quality of the players is slightly above those going to this MLS who are maybe using that as a retirement fund. There's probably still a need to attack young players with star quality but most only be a matter of time.

£400,000 a week. Ouch!

wookie70
23-12-2016, 08:16 AM
The average salary per week in Shanghai is £150 a week.Oscar will be earning 2666 average workers combined income. He is a very good player but far from the best. Someone needs to press the reset button on the world.

green&left
23-12-2016, 08:31 AM
Carlos Tevez not on the verge of signing a £32m a YEAR deal too?

Had to laugh at Konte's comments about how the money in China is a danger to other world wide football clubs. Obviously doesn't know much about his current employers.

SRHibs
23-12-2016, 08:38 AM
It's extremely hard to get money out of China at the moment, which I think is an off putting factor for many despite the ludicrous wages.

LustForLeith
23-12-2016, 09:04 AM
Carlos Tevez not on the verge of signing a £32m a YEAR deal too?

Had to laugh at Konte's comments about how the money in China is a danger to other world wide football clubs. Obviously doesn't know much about his current employers.

That will be the same Tevez who wanted to leave England because his family were home sick..!

GlasgowHibee
23-12-2016, 09:55 AM
That will be the same Tevez who wanted to leave England because his family were home sick..!

I'm sure I saw that Tevez was earning about £1 a second, £600k a week.

It's sickening, absolutely sickening.

wookie70
23-12-2016, 10:40 AM
The average salary per week in Shanghai is £150 a week.Oscar will be earning 2666 average workers combined income. He is a very good player but far from the best. Someone needs to press the reset button on the world.

johnbc70
23-12-2016, 10:44 AM
It's extremely hard to get money out of China at the moment, which I think is an off putting factor for many despite the ludicrous wages.

Do you mean you can earn mega bucks but have to keep it and spend it in China?

Haymaker
23-12-2016, 10:49 AM
They're going for it, no doubt about it.

CyberSauzee
23-12-2016, 11:11 AM
The standard is piss poor and you have to wonder why an already multi millionaire in Oscar goes chasing even more money.

At 25 with his peak footballing years just ahead of him I would have thought he would want to try winning a major European league title and have a crack at the CL.

SRHibs
23-12-2016, 11:13 AM
Do you mean you can earn mega bucks but have to keep it and spend it in China?

Yup.

Allant1981
23-12-2016, 05:31 PM
Yup.

sorry but there is no way these guys are going over there if they cant get their millions out of the country

Hibernia&Alba
23-12-2016, 05:43 PM
The money has obviously talked. China is usually a money-spinner for players at the end of their career; going there at 26 must mean money is more important than anything to the guy,

Pete
23-12-2016, 05:48 PM
He's young enough to go over there for a few years, make a packet and then resume his career in Europe.

It is a career that could end instantly so I imagine it would be very tempting.

Callum_62
23-12-2016, 05:49 PM
I dont get what all the fuss is about

These players (like 99.9% of players) are going there for a huge pay day

This "danger to football etc" is all nonsense....a danger to the EPL potentially, if they start getting more and more big stars -but a danger to football?

I dont remember hearing that line when Mac City started spending it up

emerald green
23-12-2016, 06:03 PM
The standard is piss poor and you have to wonder why an already multi millionaire in Oscar goes chasing even more money.

Greed maybe?

SRHibs
23-12-2016, 06:05 PM
sorry but there is no way these guys are going over there if they cant get their millions out of the country

Maybe footballers have a way of getting it out but I know it's a big issue in other sports/industries.

LustForLeith
24-12-2016, 08:01 AM
Rooney apparently to be offered £700,000 a week in China...

Kind of wish I'd stuck in at football now as a kid. Only thing stopping me from being a multi millionaire. Oh, and the fact that I'm *****e

RoxburghHibs
24-12-2016, 08:33 AM
I dont get what all the fuss is about

These players (like 99.9% of players) are going there for a huge pay day

This "danger to football etc" is all nonsense....a danger to the EPL potentially, if they start getting more and more big stars -but a danger to football?

I dont remember hearing that line when Mac City started spending it up

Nail on the head. It's the English press panicking that's all.

NORTHERNHIBBY
24-12-2016, 10:08 AM
If all the big names up and off to China for ridiculous money that can't be supported or justified, I am not sure what the EPL would have to complain about.

Eyrie
24-12-2016, 10:18 AM
If all the big names up and off to China for ridiculous money that can't be supported or justified, I am not sure what the EPL would have to complain about.

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery :agree: