PDA

View Full Version : Crowd fund - standing lower F F

Rougier45
22-12-2016, 07:45 PM
Following in the spirit of GH

Neil Lennon says we need more atmosphere

We all know ER can be like a morgue at times

One vision could be a EINTRACT FRANKFURT style lower FF - with standing area - flags / song leader on mic - huge Hibs banners / let's make it happen - if someone can the initiative - I will match crowd funding upto 2.5k - that would be 5 grand - more than enough to get the party started - is this something we want ?

HappyAsHellas
22-12-2016, 07:50 PM
Something we have been crying out for, for far too long. Would be delighted if this could happen.

CropleyWasGod
22-12-2016, 07:56 PM
LD effectively canned the idea at the AGM.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Stan the Man
22-12-2016, 07:56 PM

One vision could be a EINTRACT FRANKFURT style lower FF - with standing area - flags / song leader on mic - huge Hibs banners / let's make it happen - if someone can the initiative - I will match crowd funding upto 2.5k - that would be 5 grand - more than enough to get the party started - is this something we want ?

Seems to be well down the clubs list of priorities, so is going to take a bit of a movement from the fans to make it happen. Would gladly contribute.

Rougier45
22-12-2016, 07:59 PM
Seems to be well down the clubs list of priorities, so is going to take a bit of a movement from the fans to make it happen. Would gladly contribute.

It's all about the match day experience - LD needs to let the fans lead on this -

northstandhibby
22-12-2016, 08:00 PM
It's becoming a must do. It could be a real party in there and a lift for the team. Get a real buzz going around the ground. A cracking idea!!!

Rougier45
22-12-2016, 08:01 PM
It's becoming a must do. It could be a real party in there and a lift for the team. Get a real buzz going around the ground. A cracking idea!!!

Absolutely

silverhibee
22-12-2016, 08:07 PM

It's our club not hers. :greengrin

Saturday Boy
22-12-2016, 08:09 PM
Every time I read one of these threads about how much better life would be if there was a standing singing section in the FF lower, for some reason, I keep thinking about women buying shoes. I don't know why. ;-)

Dashing Bob S
22-12-2016, 08:11 PM
Let's get it done.

Enough said
22-12-2016, 08:16 PM
LD can't stop everyone in the lower ff standing can she?

Nevi_SOL
22-12-2016, 08:23 PM
100% yes

cmcd
22-12-2016, 08:23 PM

I am a pensioner who loves to sit in the FF Lower so my answer is no thank you to standing

Bishop Hibee
22-12-2016, 08:28 PM
Why can't a safe standing area be created where people stand in Sect 43 already? No danger ST holding families who may have been in the FF for years are going to be moved.

Enough said
22-12-2016, 08:35 PM
I am a pensioner who loves to sit in the FF Lower so my answer is no thank you to standing

You would be better replying to the op

Kojock
22-12-2016, 08:38 PM

No, but the powers that be could close it down if people insisted on standing.

Jonnyboy
22-12-2016, 08:39 PM

IIRC she canned the idea of spending money on it rather than the idea itself :greengrin

MWHIBBIES
22-12-2016, 08:40 PM
Why should the people who happily sit in the FF lower move or stand if they don't want to?

marinello59
22-12-2016, 08:43 PM

Give her a dayglo jacket and a cattle prod and we'd all be like putty in her hands.

easty
22-12-2016, 08:45 PM
Why should the people who happily sit in the FF lower move or stand if they don't want to?

For the good of the atmosphere?

Sometimes things need to change, you're never going to please everyone.

I think it's a great idea.

Rougier45
22-12-2016, 08:47 PM

Because it's for the greater good

Saturday Boy
22-12-2016, 08:48 PM
[QUOTE=marinello59;4885157]Give her a dayglo jacket and a cattle prod and we'd all be like putty in her hands.[/QUOTE

It could be worse, we could be China in her hands

Rougier45
22-12-2016, 08:49 PM
Why would anyone be against improving the atmosphere - Fortress ER

Let's do it

blackpoolhibs
22-12-2016, 08:49 PM
Grounds evolve over the years, and change has happened over the years that have not met with everyone's approval.

The bottom tier of the FF is the only place where anyone who goes would know what they were letting themselves in for. Someone would always be upset in each and every other stand, the FF is the only sensible place to grow this.

Rougier45
22-12-2016, 08:56 PM
Grounds evolve over the years, and change has happened over the years that have not met with everyone's approval.

The bottom tier of the FF is the only place where anyone who goes would know what they were letting themselves in for. Someone would always be upset in each and every other stand, the FF is the only sensible place to grow this.

Absolutely and its away from the away support - it could ignite the whole stadium

erin go bragh
22-12-2016, 09:10 PM

I've sat in the FF lower for a few years now as I take the Grandkids. . Hibs would have to offer the family prices all round the ground for the above to have a chance imo . Fwiw I'd love it as would the young ones I take but getting everyone's agreement would be very unlikely.
For this season , a singing section could work behind the South stand goals

blackpoolhibs
22-12-2016, 09:15 PM
I've sat in the FF lower for a few years now as I take the Grandkids. . Hibs would have to offer the family prices all round the ground for the above to have a chance imo . Fwiw I'd love it as would the young ones I take but getting everyone's agreement would be very unlikely.
For this season , a singing section could work behind the South stand goals

I agree that the family prices would have to go to another part of the ground, and cant see that being a problem?

InchHibby
22-12-2016, 09:33 PM
I think the whole idea of a dedicated standing come singing section is a great idea and think that it will happen sooner or later. The ideal place would be the section between the famous five and the East, unfortunately the money to do that is a long way in the offing. But just imagine a couple of thousand fans in that area, chanting,singing, flags galore and no ones view being impeded.
So the next best thing is to take it back to the section it started from and that's section 43 and surrounding area.
We need to move with the times and get this done.
In the meantime if anybody's got a spare few million to fill in the gap, go for it and we could name the section after you.

marinello59
22-12-2016, 09:43 PM
Why would anyone be against improving the atmosphere - Fortress ER

Let's do it

I'm totally against improving the atmosphere at Easter Road. I would explain myself but I'm too busy strangling puppies and drowning kittens.

CropleyWasGod
22-12-2016, 09:49 PM
I'm totally against improving the atmosphere at Easter Road. I would explain myself but I'm too busy strangling puppies and drowning kittens.
I'm still too busy with your image of LD with a cattle prod.

theonlywayisup
22-12-2016, 09:58 PM
Not going to happen

HibbiesandtheBaddies
22-12-2016, 09:59 PM

MUCH better view in the upper, you can see how we are set up and analyse the play better.

I'll gie ye a help up the stairs.

Pete
22-12-2016, 10:04 PM

I'm sure they'd be more than happy to move if there was a good deal regarding relocation. To make up for the inconvenience there should be a window where those who are being moved can choose any seat they want in the ground.

The people who are already in these seats? Well, things change and it will be for the greater good. They'll surely not mind moving if it helps generate the atmosphere.

wookie70
22-12-2016, 10:05 PM
Doubt enough money would get raised to make it standing and you may get more atmosphere using the money to buy players to help us win and entertain. The old east when seated provided plenty atmosphere. No reason it couldn't again. All that needs to happen is for everyone to sing. Its free and should come easily to you when supporting a football team. If the young team start we will all join in, even in the West.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
22-12-2016, 10:19 PM

For the betterment of the club as a whole.

jacomo
22-12-2016, 10:22 PM
Because it's for the greater good

Amen.

Pete
22-12-2016, 10:25 PM
For the betterment of the club as a whole.

So it's guilt trip time? By not letting others use your seat you are somehow harming the atmosphere.

As I said above, let them have a choice of any seat so they aren't the only ones making a sacrifice.

.Sean.
22-12-2016, 10:27 PM
Why can't a safe standing area be created where people stand in Sect 43 already? No danger ST holding families who may have been in the FF for years are going to be moved.
I agree, as much as I like the idea there will most probably be hundreds of folk there who like sitting there, have done for numerous years and want to continue to do so.

blackpoolhibs
22-12-2016, 10:32 PM
There are a whole load of clubs down here in England who are moving the away fans from behind the goals to the sides, the reasoning behind it was to stop them creating an end where their fans were getting behind them and roaring them on. They have replaced them with their own fans trying to create a better home atmosphere where the home team are shooting into both ends with their fans behind both goals. Obviously we can't do that, but one would be a start.

cammy1969
22-12-2016, 10:34 PM
Would it no be cheaper to just give Leanne a bottle of Buckie and a mike and get her to do a delia smith

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vini1875
22-12-2016, 10:35 PM
Why would allowing a few dozen into the FF suddenly make the atmosphere better? The solution is fairly obvious to me. The guys who stand around the drummer at the front of the East Stand just need to head up to the back of the stand and if things get too mental for the poor wee lambs, they need to self police.

theonlywayisup
22-12-2016, 10:36 PM
There are a whole load of clubs down here in England who are moving the away fans from behind the goals to the sides, the reasoning behind it was to stop them creating an end where their fans were getting behind them and roaring them on. They have replaced them with their own fans trying to create a better home atmosphere where the home team are shooting into both ends with their fans behind both goals. Obviously we can't do that, but one would be a start.

We've got fans behind one of the goals. In fact last game, we had fans behind both.

Pete
22-12-2016, 10:44 PM

Now you're onto something. Why not give away fans the North half of the East allowing our singing section to inhabit the Dunbar end?

It's not beyond the wit of man to segregate the East and put the metal wall up at the corner of the FF for boisterous games. We can all head onto Easter Road while they can skulk off down towards Lochend.

Problem solved. In fact, lots of problems solved. :agree:

Waxy
22-12-2016, 11:23 PM
A good start would be to move all the singers to the FF lower as it is.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
22-12-2016, 11:28 PM
So it's guilt trip time? By not letting others use your seat you are somehow harming the atmosphere.

As I said above, let them have a choice of any seat so they aren't the only ones making a sacrifice.

You can sit on yer hands anywhere you like. Just not the middle of the FF lower....... :greengrin

Ozyhibby
22-12-2016, 11:56 PM
This is a good idea. I like the atmosphere created by the singing section and like what happens on the continent with fans areas behind the goals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

West lower
23-12-2016, 12:12 AM
I'm sure they'd be more than happy to move if there was a good deal regarding relocation. To make up for the inconvenience there should be a window where those who are being moved can choose any seat they want in the ground.

The people who are already in these seats? Well, things change and it will be for the greater good. They'll surely not mind moving if it helps generate the atmosphere.

This is hilarious. A game of musical chairs .

23-12-2016, 01:26 AM
The boys that do the singing are the ones who are helping create the atmosphere at games. For me this needs to be nurtured for the betterment of the matchday.
If it was self funded via a crowdfunding or something similar I'd have no objections that they are given a section of the stadium that works better for what they bring to the matchday. What they currently have seems very limited and surely this limits their opportunity for growth.

If not already done, and can't recall anything being communicated to date, the Club should at least be doing a feasibility into this. That way they would know what the options are, where in the stadium it could be done accommodated, what the impact on existing Seasons Tickets would be, cost involved, and so on. I'm not for diverting funds that would otherwise be spent on the team but this is a topic that seems to be coming up again and again on here so think it warrants a proper look at by the Club.

Canon Hannan
23-12-2016, 04:06 AM
Great idea.
Behind the goals would be best in the FF Lower with Hibs setting up season tickets for Ultras. Start selling from the East section out and watch the end fill after a couple of years as this will be the place to go. I am happy to help with new songs and displays 👍

Pete
23-12-2016, 04:50 AM
You can sit on yer hands anywhere you like. Just not the middle of the FF lower....... :greengrin

I'm quite happy not sitting where I am in the middle of the FF lower thank you. :wink:

I'll bet you 99% of the people who are enthusiastic about this wont really be making any sacrifices at all. You'll either be sitting in that area because of the pricing, have naff seats there and won't mind a move or more than likely somewhere else altogether.

I'm playing devils advocate to a certain extent but I'm certain this won't happen without the few hundred people with decent seats being compensated in some way. Stiff opposition is a certainty and it will be totally understandable.

Phil MaGlass
23-12-2016, 05:00 AM
I'm quite happy not sitting where I am in the middle of the FF lower thank you. :wink:

I'll bet you 99% of the people who are enthusiastic about this wont really be making any sacrifices at all. You'll either be sitting in that area because of the pricing, have naff seats there and won't mind a move or sit somewhere else altogether.

I'm playing devils advocate to a certain extent but I'm certain this won't happen without the few hundred people with decent seats being compensated in some way. Stiff opposition is a certainty and it will be totally understandable.

Wouldnt be a problem if Hibs made the whole area a ´sit where you like stand´ no reserved seats, just tickets for the stand.

Viva_Palmeiras
23-12-2016, 05:54 AM
What % of funds raised goes directly to crowdfunding?

Juice-Terry
23-12-2016, 06:10 AM
It was also brought up a while back that more sound is, for some reason, generated from the ends than from the sides. Someone who knows about acoustics can probably explain why this is so, but most of us have seen on a regular basis how a relatively small away crowd in the South generates a disproportionately greater sound than much larger crowd in the East. This is another reason to move the singing section to the FF Lower. OF COURSE a new family section should created somewhere else in the ground. This NEEDS to be done. GGTTH!

Since90+2
23-12-2016, 06:17 AM
The ground is a morgue so let's make this happen.

I'll happily chuck in £100 to the fund if it gets started.

Pete
23-12-2016, 06:19 AM
It was also brought up a while back that more sound is, for some reason, generated from the ends than from the sides. Someone who knows about acoustics can probably explain why this is so, but most of us have seen on a regular basis how a relatively small away crowd in the South generates a disproportionately greater sound than much larger crowd in the East. This is another reason to move the singing section to the FF Lower. OF COURSE a new family section should created somewhere else in the ground. This NEEDS to be done. GGTTH!

Whoever brought the theory up that greater sounds are generated more at "ends" has rocks in their head, especially when it comes to ER. I'm sure that acoustic experts can explain why some people think that the atmosphere has decreased by the section being moved from the top of the east to the bottom.

Honestly, I'm thinking this whole movement is more crackpot by the minute. Maybe away ends just generate more noise?

Yorkshire HFC
23-12-2016, 06:36 AM
I want to sit and have a good view of the game - I spent too may years standing at football in the 70s, 80s and 90s - it was horrendous.

Football has (hopefully) moved on from then. Standing at Alloa last season was bad enough.

Dashing Bob S
23-12-2016, 07:22 AM
Not going to happen

Agreed. Technologically impossible to rip out seats. Same pie-in-the-sky nonsense as the four new stands, the state-of-the-art-training centre, the mobile phone, penicillin and the steam engine.

We already have a great standing view from the cave, and we can walk round to the Dunbar End at half-time for a further unrestricted view of behind the goals.

hibsbollah
23-12-2016, 07:47 AM
I'd be willing to contribute and move there. I'd also be willing to contribute to any fund to ensure we didn't have identical hibs. Net threads every week with the same arguments, that have already been demolished the previous week, against the idea :agree:

Enough said
23-12-2016, 07:50 AM
I want to sit and have a good view of the game - I spent too may years standing at football in the 70s, 80s and 90s - it was horrendous.

Football has (hopefully) moved on from then. Standing at Alloa last season was bad enough.
Don't think you can compare Alloa to Easter road. Once this gets done and that part of the ground is bouncing it will bring a hole new atmosphere to the stadium.

Bukta#8
23-12-2016, 07:54 AM
For segregating purposes I think housing away fans in the north end off the west makes better sense, home fans can access the standing singing section from the back off the east
Also helps with the executive boxes at the famous five
Thoughts?

Pete
23-12-2016, 07:55 AM
Agreed. Technologically impossible to rip out seats. Same pie-in-the-sky nonsense as the four new stands, the state-of-the-art-training centre, the mobile phone, penicillin and the steam engine.

We already have a great standing view from the cave, and we can walk round to the Dunbar End at half-time for a further unrestricted view of behind the goals.

I don't remember the cave having hospitality boxes that required everyone to be seated or if they were standing, at least four rows being left empty (not including flags that a section would bring).

I've not been following these threads but I'm yet to hear anything other than unsubstantiated claims, emotional arguments and downright nonsense.

The bottom line is that the first people the board will talk to are season ticket holders in the FF lower. Less guilt trip and more reaching out will be their approach so maybe it's time to get onboard with that vibe.

Pete
23-12-2016, 08:01 AM
I'd be willing to contribute and move there. I'd also be willing to contribute to any fund to ensure we didn't have identical hibs. Net threads every week with the same arguments, that have already been demolished the previous week, against the idea :agree:

lol

It's a shame that I've missed those threads.

I'm a fan who wants the best for the club so I'll happily be "demolished" if you think you can point me in the right direction.

Arch Stanton
23-12-2016, 08:05 AM
I think the FF Lower idea would be great if it could happen.

I mean, the is the Home End, the one we play towards in the second half, but for all the atmosphere we get from there just now we would do as well with an open aspect on to the cemetary.

Bishop Hibee
23-12-2016, 08:29 AM
Why would allowing a few dozen into the FF suddenly make the atmosphere better? The solution is fairly obvious to me. The guys who stand around the drummer at the front of the East Stand just need to head up to the back of the stand and if things get too mental for the poor wee lambs, they need to self police.

Sounds about right.

PompeyHibs
23-12-2016, 08:35 AM
I think Hibs and Hibs fans should focus on promotion. I like the idea of a standing area and i love a sing song.

Improving the atmosphere at Easter Road is a must I was at the last home game v Dumbarton and the place was a morgue.
Does'nt matter if fans are standing or sitting we currently have zero exciting games to look forward to.
When back in the SPL we will have the big games back 1. Hearts 2. The Rangers 3. Celtic 4. Aberdeen plus all other games if we are chasing europe.

So in summary great idea but not til we are back in the big league for me GGTTH

easty
23-12-2016, 08:37 AM
I think Hibs and Hibs fans should focus on promotion. I like the idea of a standing area and i love a sing song.

Improving the atmosphere at Easter Road is a must I was at the last home game v Dumbarton and the place was a morgue.
Does'nt matter if fans are standing or sitting we currently have zero exciting games to look forward to.
When back on the SPL we will have the big games back 1. Hearts 2. The Rangers 3. Celtic 4. Aberdeen plus all other games if we are chasing europe.

So in summary great idea but not til we are back in the big league for me GGTTH

Why can't we deal with both now?

I don't see how improving the atmosphere at Easter Road could do anything to derail us in winning the league.

CropleyWasGod
23-12-2016, 08:41 AM

I don't see how improving the atmosphere at Easter Road could do anything to derail us in winning the league.

Given LD's recent comments about it, it would probably have to managed entirely by fans. Not just funded, but project-managed. That would include all the implications of moving people mid-season.

Not disagreeing that it's a great idea, but it would need a lot of time and effort by (probably) a handful of fans.

lucky
23-12-2016, 08:42 AM
I'm not against this but it's going to cost a lot more than £5k. Safe standing needs barriers and retractable seats or that part of the ground can't be used for European games.

Moulin Yarns
23-12-2016, 08:45 AM
https://www.scienceabc.com/sports/acoustics-stadium-designed-soccer-noise-maximum.html

https://www.insidescience.org/news/stadium-acoustics-pump-volume

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-22110898

From the above, the main problem is the single tier east stand and the distance of the crowd from the pitch. The fans won the design argument but lost the atmosphere of the old east stand.

Had the east stand been 2 tier, the singing section in the lower tier would have been louder due to the wall at the back. This is why I think it would be worth experimenting with the south end of the west lower where there are a large block of seats available. If I works there then it would be worth looking at whether it would work in the Famous Five.

PompeyHibs
23-12-2016, 08:45 AM

The change will cost money. We would be better putting the money into the club and buying a player in January.
Or keeping the money in the club for next season. No guarantee we will go up. If we dont go up unlikely to be an issue.

PompeyHibs
23-12-2016, 08:51 AM
Given LD's recent comments about it, it would probably have to managed entirely by fans. Not just funded, but project-managed. That would include all the implications of moving people mid-season.

Not disagreeing that it's a great idea, but it would need a lot of time and effort by (probably) a handful of fans.

Dealing with current season ticket holders in the FF might be an issue. Some may have sat in the same place since 1994 or longer (before as the cowshed) and might not want to move / stand.
Stakeholder management will be key to any move as we dont what to force anybody to move or stand and potentially loose fans.

We all know us footy fans are passionate about Hibs... but fans can stay away for some reasons that make sense to them i.e. "Im not watching Hibs in the championship", "i'll not be back while Petrie is in charge", "if i don't get a ticket for the final..." etc

Keith_M
23-12-2016, 08:54 AM

Yep, the emotional blackmail has really gone into full flow.

If you're against the idea, then you're living in the past, against progress, don't care about the club, etc, etc.

I for one think the Family Section in the FF Lower is a fantastic idea and 1,800 Season Ticket holders seem to agree with me.

hibsbollah
23-12-2016, 09:12 AM
Yep, the emotional blackmail has really gone into full flow.

If you're against the idea, then you're living in the past, against progress, don't care about the club, etc, etc.

I for one think the Family Section in the FF Lower is a fantastic idea and 1,800 Season Ticket holders seem to agree with me.

You'd think we were dealing with the Highland Clearances here. I see a propaganda film in the pipeline, complete with women and children being dragged by the hair from their beautiful plastic green seats ('Maigret! Maigret! The nasty Hibs net laird and his factors are moving us from our ancestral hame!!). 1800 extras would make quite an epic production.

percy veer
23-12-2016, 09:25 AM
would you not want to be as close to the away fans as possible? wind them up a bit. FF lower I quite a bit away.

jgl07
23-12-2016, 09:43 AM
This thread is filled with the usual self-indulgent twaddle about 'atmosphere'. As if moving a few hundred from the East to the FF Lower is going to make any difference to noise levels within the stadium.

Far better if the group relocated themselves to the back of the East Stand.

It isn't going to happen. The talk of priorities is a polite way of saying 'bugger off, It is a crap idea'.

1. I don't see any prospect of another 'safe standing' area being licensed until the Celtic trial has been fully evaluated.

2. It would be expensive to remove seats and replaced them with those folding things. We are not talking of the proceeds of a raffle or a cake stall here. It would entail closing the boxes at the top of the FF Lower losing the club revenue.

3. The FF Lower is the most popular part of the ground as things stand. There are only 29 tickets available out of close to 2,000. The club are not going to piss off them by basically ejecting them from their current seats.

4. There is no evidence that large numbers would wish to relocate to the FF Lower. I suspect that most would choose to remain in the East or West or wherever they currently sit (or stand). In any event the singing section seems to occupy (most of) one block of the East Stand, mabye 250-300. That is not going to come anywhere near to filling the FF Lower.

blackpoolhibs
23-12-2016, 09:46 AM
The change will cost money. We would be better putting the money into the club and buying a player in January.
Or keeping the money in the club for next season. No guarantee we will go up. If we dont go up unlikely to be an issue.

Can you explain how this would cost money please?

percy veer
23-12-2016, 09:46 AM
This thread is filled with the usual self-indulgent twaddle about 'atmosphere'. As if moving a few hundred from the East to the FF Lower is going to make any difference to noise levels within the stadium.

Far better if the group relocated themselves to the back of the East Stand.

It isn't going to happen. The talk of priorities is a polite way of saying 'bugger off, It is a crap idea'.

1. I don't see any prospect of another 'safe standing' area being licensed until the Celtic trial has been fully evaluated.

2. It would be expensive to remove seats and replaced them with those folding things. We are not talking of the proceeds of a raffle or a cake stall here. It would entail closing the boxes at the top of the FF Lower losing the club revenue.

3. The FF Lower is the most popular part of the ground as things stand. There are only 29 tickets available out of close to 2,000. The club are not going to piss off them by basically ejecting them from their current seats.

4. There is no evidence that large numbers would wish to relocate to the FF Lower. I suspect that most would choose to remain in the East or West or wherever they currently sit (or stand). In any event the singing section seems to occupy (most of) one block of the East Stand, mabye 250-300. That is not going to come anywhere near to filling the FF Lower.

best post so far

green&left
23-12-2016, 09:49 AM

FFS no another one. Nobodies asking you stand, there would still be 18000 seats FFS.

Just wait til we're pish again with 8500 at ER then there will be plenty space to move around without upsetting everyone. Touchy souls on here.

CropleyWasGod
23-12-2016, 09:59 AM

If we were going to copy the Celtic model, with retractable seats, that would obviously cost money.

If we were going to simply remove the seats, ditto. But we couldn't use the section if we got into Europe.

If we just allowed fans to stand, there would be no cost.

et vireta
23-12-2016, 10:08 AM
If Hibs were playing really well would not all of the ground roar them on ? Think of the atmosphere at the cup replay against Hearts, that was the whole of the ground joining in.

Its not too difficult to create a great atmosphere. I remember being at a game at ER on Christmas Eve 1966 (I think) against St Johnstone it was snowing and we got humped 5-2. The crowd that day was about 6000 in the auld ER (capacity 65000). There was a lot of times like that when the big vast stadium was empty. Least we don't have that problem now.
:flag:

Hermit Crab
23-12-2016, 10:14 AM
If I had my way I'd convert the FFL to safe Standing and the South lower to safe Standing that way away fans would have a choice whether they sit or stand. Most of the large away supports stand anyway. Plus it means you can fit more in a safe standing section. More money for the bigger games.

hibsbollah
23-12-2016, 10:14 AM
FFS no another one. Nobodies asking you stand, there would still be 18000 seats FFS.

Just wait til we're pish again with 8500 at ER then there will be plenty space to move around without upsetting everyone. Touchy souls on here.

I say we forget all this touchy-feely-try-and-find-a-consensus pish. We just need the radges to storm the FF lower during a game and 'take their end' in true 1980s casual boy style. The children playing their Nintendos and all the old folk camped in the FF lower, even if there are 1800 of them, wont be able to put up much of a fight and the boring arguments will be over, and there would be no need for interminable meetings and break out sessions with the club/fans reps. Sorted.:flag:

Betty Boop
23-12-2016, 10:24 AM
Great idea.
Behind the goals would be best in the FF Lower with Hibs setting up season tickets for Ultras. Start selling from the East section out and watch the end fill after a couple of years as this will be the place to go. I am happy to help with new songs and displays 👍

We have Ultras ?

PompeyHibs
23-12-2016, 10:25 AM

Materials.
Buying the new type of chair that can fold away. Dispoding of 2000 old chairs.

Labour.
Hours spent fitting the chairs. Safety assessments / certification.

Transaction costs:
Admin staff moving fans around the stadium.
Possibility we loose fans if managed poorly = lost revenue.

Just a few costs of the top of my head.

No idea what this cost will be. Has anyone got info from Celtic regarding costs?

blackpoolhibs
23-12-2016, 10:32 AM
Materials.
Buying the new type of chair that can fold away. Dispoding of 2000 old chairs.

Labour.
Hours spent fitting the chairs. Safety assessments / certification.

Transaction costs:
Admin staff moving fans around the stadium.
Possibility we loose fans if managed poorly = lost revenue.

Just a few costs of the top of my head.

No idea what this cost will be. Has anyone got info from Celtic regarding costs?

Have Dundee Utd spent all that money, or have they just left the seats in and made it a singing end?

beensaidbefore
23-12-2016, 10:36 AM
Absolutely and its away from the away support - it could ignite the whole stadium

Not being next to away fans will be key. Whilst right next would create atmosphere but it would carry too much risk of trouble. Having the 'rowdiest' fans in one place has been missing since the old East went. As you say it could get the rest of the place going.

Moulin Yarns
23-12-2016, 10:48 AM
Have Dundee Utd spent all that money, or have they just left the seats in and made it a singing end?

I think you know the answer to that. It is the fans that make it, not the club. The fans of Dundee Utd have always congregated and sung in that area of Tannadice since it was redeveloped, at Easter Road the problem is the size of the east stand now compared to the old east stand where the singing and rowdier fans congregated. The nearest equivalent is sections 2 and 3 in the west stand. Close enough to the away fans for winding them up.

Stantons Angel
23-12-2016, 10:56 AM
/they wanted a singing area and one was designated at the bottom of the East stand section 43 to be precise.
then they had a big fall out and split into two fractions after the club bending over backwards to accommodate them?

now you want to move people with or without kids out of an area they have been sitting in for years so you can stand and sing whilst waving giant flags!

i love a stadium full of atmosphere like everybody else but what happens to those who cant see over a taller person in front or their view is hindered by some giant flag?

the remarks about Leanne are really not required when a few months ago the same posters where praising the work she has done for their club?

Moving traditions in any club takes time and at the moment our biggest thing is PROMOTION to where we belong!

lets get this mission finised before we start on another. please.

blackpoolhibs
23-12-2016, 10:58 AM
I think you know the answer to that. It is the fans that make it, not the club. The fans of Dundee Utd have always congregated and sung in that area of Tannadice since it was redeveloped, at Easter Road the problem is the size of the east stand now compared to the old east stand where the singing and rowdier fans congregated. The nearest equivalent is sections 2 and 3 in the west stand. Close enough to the away fans for winding them up.

Of course i knew the answer, but i remember standing in the coo shed singing my head off while watching us play, that was where the folk who wanted to back the team always congregated.

Things need to change again.

Apart from the odd HIBEES stamp stamp stamp from the north stand. Things change and we had nothing until they cut the east in half and put a roof on it.

The best crowds and atmosphere are when folk congregate behind one goal and roar the team towards it, our best away days have been behind the goals at Killie Dunfermline Ibrox and tynecastle.

Its just the best place in our ground to create and grow a proper singing section where nobody will be upset by anyone swearing or standing in their view, no other part of the ground is in my opinion suitable and can work.

Moulin Yarns
23-12-2016, 11:07 AM
Of course i knew the answer, but i remember standing in the coo shed singing my head off while watching us play, that was where the folk who wanted to back the team always congregated.

Things need to change again.

Apart from the odd HIBEES stamp stamp stamp from the north stand. Things change and we had nothing until they cut the east in half and put a roof on it.

The best crowds and atmosphere are when folk congregate behind one goal and roar the team towards it, our best away days have been behind the goals at Killie Dunfermline Ibrox and tynecastle.

Its just the best place in our ground to create and grow a proper singing section where nobody will be upset by anyone swearing or standing in their view, no other part of the ground is in my opinion suitable and can work.

The west section 2 and 3.

I Remember the cave (coo shed) then it was seated and it took time for the fans to find an alternative, North Enclosure was where I moved to, until the east was chopped, as you say, there was no real place for singing to be based. the sections I am suggesting is directly across from where the east choir used to be based, and has fewer season ticket holders to be inconvenienced than in the famous five. Both suitable for the numbers and no reason why it wouldn't work, in my opinion.

blackpoolhibs
23-12-2016, 11:13 AM
The west section 2 and 3.

I Remember the cave (coo shed) then it was seated and it took time for the fans to find an alternative, North Enclosure was where I moved to, until the east was chopped, as you say, there was no real place for singing to be based. the sections I am suggesting is directly across from where the east choir used to be based, and has fewer season ticket holders to be inconvenienced than in the famous five. Both suitable for the numbers and no reason why it wouldn't work, in my opinion.

In there it has no place to grow, and someone is bound to complain about the language or someone standing in their way.

dangermouse
23-12-2016, 11:26 AM
https://www.scienceabc.com/sports/acoustics-stadium-designed-soccer-noise-maximum.html

https://www.insidescience.org/news/stadium-acoustics-pump-volume

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-22110898

From the above, the main problem is the single tier east stand and the distance of the crowd from the pitch. The fans won the design argument but lost the atmosphere of the old east stand.

Had the east stand been 2 tier, the singing section in the lower tier would have been louder due to the wall at the back. This is why I think it would be worth experimenting with the south end of the west lower where there are a large block of seats available. If I works there then it would be worth looking at whether it would work in the Famous Five.

I argued for a two tier East at the time raising the point the lower section could at some stage be made standing but got shot down in flames. A definite case of be careful what you wish for :greengrin

Waxy
23-12-2016, 11:43 AM
What about the bottom corner of the main stand? Thats usually empty or is it too near the prawn sandwich vendors.

Baldy Foghorn
23-12-2016, 11:46 AM
What about the bottom corner of the main stand? Thats usually empty or is it too near the prawn sandwich vendors.

:yawn::yawn:

1875STEVE
23-12-2016, 11:48 AM
I think this is a brilliant idea.

There's 5 of us with season tickets in there.

If those prices where moved to another part of the ground, say West Lower id happily moved.

Id probably even contribute to the crowd funding...

Blaster
23-12-2016, 11:48 AM

Similarly I thought the first section in the east closest to the FF. I think it is well populated this season but maybe from next season

You'd hope the atmosphere from there could spread along the east, across the ff and may even wake us up in the west stand 😉

Itsnoteasy
23-12-2016, 11:55 AM

That is a very generous gesture.
Maybe if NL had the team playing decent football there would be a decent atmosphere at ER. There has been very few times in recent years when it has been rocking. Apart from derbies & the AEK, which was the best ever for me, not many others spring to mind.

marinello59
23-12-2016, 12:02 PM
In there it has no place to grow, and someone is bound to complain about the language or someone standing in their way.

Not if it's a designated area they won't. If you want the club to take this seriously there has to be a number of alternatives on the table. Simply saying that's it's the FF lower or nothing runs the risk of it being nothing. Some of the utter ***** written on here about the attitude of punters in the West beggars belief.

hibsbollah
23-12-2016, 12:05 PM
Not if it's a designated area they won't. If you want the club to take this seriously there has to be a number of alternatives on the table. Simply saying that's it's the FF lower or nothing runs the risk of it being nothing. Some of the utter ***** written on here about the attitude of punters in the West beggars belief.

:agree: Its a massively depressing read full of strawman arguments, caricatures and bull****. You'd think nobody actually wanted the current dire atmosphere to improve.

Baldy Foghorn
23-12-2016, 12:06 PM

It really infuriates me the stuff said about prawn sandwiches etc.....Some of our most vociferous are in the West:rolleyes:

Ronniekirk
23-12-2016, 12:14 PM
It's our club not hers. :greengrin

The Ladys not for Turning on this one at present Silver Too many Season ticket Holders to displace without some consultation and then cost to do the work .
If we could fill the two ends in ,then it might be easy to accommodate, but Presumably more costly ,and we dont really need increased capacity
Love the idea though and would happily contribute and go and stand there for some games

Keith_M
23-12-2016, 12:14 PM

:agree:

When the East Stand first opened, and with it the new Singing Section, the atmosphere was amazing.

Why not just repeat that?

HappyAsHellas
23-12-2016, 12:17 PM
The reason for behind the goals in whatever stadium lending itself to the best atmosphere is to do with how sound travels. Everyone at ER can see the goals from their seat and so sound travels from behind there to wherever you sit. Hence, fifty away fans can make a bit of a din. If you sit in section 38 you will struggle at times to hear section 43 as you're both facing the same direction and the sound travels away from you. Also the reason why the front and back sections of 43 get out of synch so many times. Basic laws of nature and why the west would prove no better than the east. IMHO, happy to be disproved.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
23-12-2016, 12:27 PM

I'll bet you 99% of the people who are enthusiastic about this wont really be making any sacrifices at all. You'll either be sitting in that area because of the pricing, have naff seats there and won't mind a move or more than likely somewhere else altogether.

Fair play, I was just being cheeky. :greengrin

I'd love to see a singing/standing section in the FF lower and hope some kind of compromise can be reached.

Since90+2
23-12-2016, 12:33 PM
The reason for behind the goals in whatever stadium lending itself to the best atmosphere is to do with how sound travels. Everyone at ER can see the goals from their seat and so sound travels from behind there to wherever you sit. Hence, fifty away fans can make a bit of a din. If you sit in section 38 you will struggle at times to hear section 43 as you're both facing the same direction and the sound travels away from you. Also the reason why the front and back sections of 43 get out of synch so many times. Basic laws of nature and why the west would prove no better than the east. IMHO, happy to be disproved.

Seems sensible enough to me.

Moulin Yarns
23-12-2016, 12:40 PM
See the 2 sections closest to the camera? that is where I suggest you try to set up a singing section. Close to away support to bait each other, wall behind to help project the sound out, less season ticket holders to disrupt.

What is not to like?

Not behind the goals? Celtic jungle anyone? Tynecastle Wheatfield? (Supposedly the best atmosphere)
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/6f/Easter_Road_west_stand.JPG

(https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjh5LHQtorRAhUE1BoKHSDDBpYQjRwIBw&url=https%3A%2F%2Fzh.wikipedia.org%2Fwiki%2FFile%3 AEaster_Road_west_stand.JPG&psig=AFQjCNFilwUlGghnEmoqMMAgnXTPvB7TGw&ust=1482586294920762)

Since90+2
23-12-2016, 12:44 PM
See the 2 sections closest to the camera? that is where I suggest you try to set up a singing section. Close to away support to bait each other, wall behind to help project the sound out, less season ticket holders to disrupt.

What is not to like?

Not behind the goals? Celtic jungle anyone? Tynecastle Wheatfield? (Supposedly the best atmosphere)
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/6f/Easter_Road_west_stand.JPG

(https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjh5LHQtorRAhUE1BoKHSDDBpYQjRwIBw&url=https%3A%2F%2Fzh.wikipedia.org%2Fwiki%2FFile%3 AEaster_Road_west_stand.JPG&psig=AFQjCNFilwUlGghnEmoqMMAgnXTPvB7TGw&ust=1482586294920762)

Since when has the Wheatfield at Tynecastle supposedly had the best atmosphere? According to who? The posters on kickback?

Moulin Yarns
23-12-2016, 12:49 PM
Since when has the Wheatfield at Tynecastle supposedly had the best atmosphere? According to who? The posters on kickback?

http://www.footballforums.net/threads/tynecastle-voted-best-atmosphere-in-scotland.141964/

Since90+2
23-12-2016, 01:29 PM
http://www.footballforums.net/threads/tynecastle-voted-best-atmosphere-in-scotland.141964/

So a survey posted by a Hearts fan from 8 years ago?

The atmosphere at Tynecastle is *****. Even my jambo mates will admit that.

There is a media myth that it's a white hot cathedral of passion and noise. Let's not add to that by peddling the myth on a Hibs forum.

RoYO!
23-12-2016, 01:35 PM

Simply no chance am I moving.

Moulin Yarns
23-12-2016, 01:35 PM

There is a media myth that it's a white hot cathedral of passion and noise. Let's not add to that by peddling the myth on a Hibs forum.

It doe refer to an independent survey, but don't let that get in the way.

blackpoolhibs
23-12-2016, 01:36 PM

Its the away fans that create the atmosphere at the savile dome, and guess what they are behind the goals.

Since90+2
23-12-2016, 01:39 PM
Its the away fans that create the atmosphere at the savile dome, and guess what they are behind the goals.

Correct.

Since90+2
23-12-2016, 01:41 PM
It doe refer to an independent survey, but don't let that get in the way.

I'm not really sure what point you're trying to make.

You have obviously went away and Googled best atmosphere at Tynecastle and the best you could come up with is a nearly 9 year old survey posted on a forum by a Hearts fan. Unless you had the page bookmarked which would be even stranger.

Odd behaviour from a Hibs fan on a hibs forum.

marinello59
23-12-2016, 01:42 PM

It could just be that away fans tend to have drunk three times as much as the home fans and are always more up for making a noise in the enemies camp rather than where they are located. Just a thought.

Moulin Yarns
23-12-2016, 01:57 PM
I'm not really sure what point you're trying to make.

You have obviously went away and Googled best atmosphere at Tynecastle and the best you could come up with is a nearly 9 year old survey posted on a forum by a Hearts fan. Unless you had the page bookmarked which would be even stranger.

Odd behaviour from a Hibs fan on a hibs forum.

I could also have linked to the Daily Mail survey of the best 50 football stadiums for atmosphere, Yeah, Liverpool was top, but there were only 4 Scottish Grounds included, guess which ones!! by doing some research you get an unbiased view rather than a green tinted view.

I am trying to make the point that there is no definitive correlation between where fans sing and the atmosphere. The fans from the old east stand wanted to remain in the same stand when it was built, and they voted for the single tier stand, now that they realise it isn't working they want to inconvenience around 2,000 fans so that the few hundred singers can stand were they want. I have looked at the sections of the ground where they could move to with the least disruption and am being shot down by the minority that want to move behind the goals.

Funny nobody commented on the links to acoustic studies which are interesting reads.

Canon Hannan
23-12-2016, 02:14 PM
Most vocal supporters are behind the goals. France, Germany and Italy.

hibsbollah
23-12-2016, 02:18 PM
Most vocal supporters are behind the goals. France, Germany and Italy.

:agree: La Curva Konte.

blackpoolhibs
23-12-2016, 02:19 PM
It could just be that away fans tend to have drunk three times as much as the home fans and are always more up for making a noise in the enemies camp rather than where they are located. Just a thought.

Could be, except when we are at Tannadice the away support is normally quite quiet, then when we get behind the goals there and at the other grounds i mentioned it is undoubtedly louder.

Every time we have an away day where we take over the away end with a big support, we all say how good it was.

Creating our own away end at easter road is in my opinion the aim here, and as i have said before, you might have noticed :wink: for me it has tobe somewhere were nobody who goes there will be upset, and know if they were in this area they would be subject to something a bit different.

There's a reason clubs are moving away fans from behind the goals.

HappyAsHellas
23-12-2016, 02:25 PM
Funny nobody commented on the links to acoustic studies which are interesting reads.

The articles were quite interesting, but none of them really apply to ER at present. Man U have been piping "atmosphere" round their ground for a couple of seasons now and it doesn't sit well with a lot of fans. Think back to the Hamilton play offs where they tried playing allez allez to us in an effort to raise the atmosphere. As for re designing the roofs for better acoustics, I think a proposal for this genuinely would have this place in meltdown - and rightly so. We have to work with what we have and find a way to maximise the whole experience to make it better for both fans and players alike. I think if we make this a starting point, then perhaps more people will join the discussion without all the petty or snide remarks. Lets put Hibs first, then see where we end up.

wookie70
23-12-2016, 02:38 PM

He also said after the Falkirk game in November - "I thought the crowd were unbelievable, fantastic. Even when we went a goal down they were tremendous"

To me atmosphere has little to do with where fans sit, what the acoustics are like and whether they are standing or sitting. The main factors are importance of game, opposition, opposition fans and how the game is panning out. There have been a few games where the atmosphere in the new ER has matched that of any ground I have went to. the Weatherspoon games was great for instance. There is nothing wrong with the fans or their position or the stadium. Yes, it may have been better to have a standing section behind the goals but that was never going to happen when it was built and won't happen now. A good team on the park, scoring and playing good football in the top league and the atmosphere will be fine. Make it a Derby in the cup with us winning and it will be as good as anywhere.

SRHibs
23-12-2016, 02:48 PM
The FF is a ***** place for the singing section. The back of the East is the answer.

West lower
23-12-2016, 02:50 PM
The chances of any standing section being created in the FF lower are pretty much zilch. The reason being that Hibs would take a huge financial hit. This is because of the difference in cost of a child or juvenile seat in the other sections. If you keep the prices the same once you have relocated the FF lower juveniles etc, then you would have to drop the price for all juveniles / kids in this stand too. It is a legal requirement ( discrimination ). For this to be compensated for we would need a major jump in new season ticket holders. So the FF is a No No.

Keith_M
23-12-2016, 03:32 PM
Leeann Dempster has just announced that, due to demands for a Singing Section, they're moving the Family Section out of the FF Lower.

The 1,800 Season Ticket holders currently in that section are to be accommodated in sections 10 to 16 in the West Stand Upper, which have a total of 2,000 seats between them, the same number as the FF Lower. These areas are to be the new Family area, with discounted child seats.

The current occupants of the West Stand Upper (excluding the Executive Seats) will be asked to move to other parts of the stadium "for the common good".

A spokesperson for those Season Ticker holders has responded that they will be happy to move, as part of the efforts to improve the atmosphere inside Easter Road, and that the few people that object "need to get over themselves and see the bigger picture"

.... allegedly

:wink:

Hermit Crab
23-12-2016, 05:38 PM
Judging by tomorrows crowd Lennon may well get the atmosphere he's looking for, although it won't be like the parkhead atmosphere he was used to.

marinello59
23-12-2016, 05:38 PM
Could be, except when we are at Tannadice the away support is normally quite quiet, then when we get behind the goals there and at the other grounds i mentioned it is undoubtedly louder.

Every time we have an away day where we take over the away end with a big support, we all say how good it was.

Creating our own away end at easter road is in my opinion the aim here, and as i have said before, you might have noticed :wink: for me it has tobe somewhere were nobody who goes there will be upset, and know if they were in this area they would be subject to something a bit different.

There's a reason clubs are moving away fans from behind the goals.

:greengrin

Rougier45
24-12-2016, 07:57 AM
Simply no chance am I moving.

Great you can be the crazy Guy -with no top on .

Mic in hand , facing the =crowd

ooh ooooh ooooh

theonlywayisup
24-12-2016, 08:04 AM
This topic is really becoming boring. It's not going to happen whether the vast majority on Hibs.net want it. As LD stated it's not on Hibs radar.

Rougier45
24-12-2016, 08:16 AM
This topic is really becoming boring. It's not going to happen whether the vast majority on Hibs.net want it. As LD stated it's not on Hibs radar.

Ld is here today, she may gone tomorrow -its a job .

For the rest of us its a life sentence -its our Easter Road.

If the fans want it , we can make it happen .

If the fans don't it wont .

Stage 1 -lets decide if we want it and then we go from there ......

Rougier45
24-12-2016, 08:32 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btGAEg55NT8

Hides Bounce Frankfurt Style

Waxy
24-12-2016, 08:37 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhkRgJmmOhA

Fizz
24-12-2016, 08:49 AM
Hibs Net is not representative of the Hibs support though - only a small minority read or post on it. The only s fair way to do it is for the Hibs board to write to all the season ticket holders in the FF Lower and ask if they'd be prepared to move etc - as some one has already mentioned this is not going to happen anyways - I'm sure fans lobbied for this when the plans for the East Stand were produced and Hibs said no then so they're not going to say yes now (was LD in post then?) - That would have been the ideal time obviously and when crowds were lower and there was more sections available to shift people about.

Canon Hannan
24-12-2016, 08:56 AM
When my friend Gogs helped set up Section 43 he worked with the Board. We need an area of around 500 seats to start with where the Ultras can start. FF or East will do. But we need the club to support this. If not the atmosphere in the modern stadium will remain poor. Fan pressure can help. We need to ask the question. We can make ER a great experience for everyone. My American mate says the atmosphere is poor for a football game. It seems to be the way. Unless we follow German, French and Italian Ultras/fans sections set up by the clubs themselves.

Keith_M
24-12-2016, 09:01 AM
To state that Dempster could leave at any point is a red-herring,

This has very little to do with Leeann Dempster and much more to do with the Hibs Support that currently occupy the FF Lower in large numbers.

IMHO, you need to do the following.

1) Convince all of them to move
2) Find a new area for the Family Section that they would be happy to move to.
3) Convince the people that currently occupy that area to either accept that they now sit in the Family Section or to move to somewhere else.
4) And finally, but most importantly of all (so it really should be done first), prove there are sufficient numbers of people willing to move into the new Singing Section in the FF Lower to make the whole thing worthwhile

Emotive comments on a message board mean very little, it's planning and action that count. If you ignore the above steps, this is always going to be a non starter.

If somebody wants this to enough, I suggest they start at number 4 and take it from there.

SunshineOnLeith
24-12-2016, 09:12 AM
Why should nearly 2,000 fans be punted out of their seats to accommodate a group of about 100?

Fizz
24-12-2016, 09:17 AM
Hibs Net is not representative of the Hibs support though - only a small minority read or post on it. The only s fair way to do it is for the Hibs board to write to all the season ticket holders in the FF Lower and ask if they'd be prepared to move etc - as some one has already mentioned this is not going to happen anyways - I'm sure fans lobbied for this when the plans for the East Stand were produced and Hibs said no then so they're not going to say yes now (was LD in post then?) - That would have been the ideal time obviously and when crowds were lower and there was more sections available to shift people about.

hibsbollah
24-12-2016, 09:19 AM
Why should nearly 2,000 fans be punted out of their seats to accommodate a group of about 100?

They shouldn't. And nobody is suggesting they are.
Post truth 2016.

Keith_M
24-12-2016, 09:23 AM
Post truth 2016.

I suggest you read the rest of the comments then, because that's definitely how it comes across.

Just out of interest, how do you suggest this is done without moving people out of the FF Lower?

:dunno:

hibsbollah
24-12-2016, 09:27 AM
I suggest you read the rest of the comments then, because that's definitely how it comes across.

Just out of interest, how do you suggest this is done without moving people out of the FF Lower?

:dunno:

No. I'm losing interest already. The level of torn faced misery on here is evidence of why the atmosphere is so bad in the first place.

Fizz
24-12-2016, 10:37 AM

Mr White
24-12-2016, 10:42 AM

Aye sometimes it feels like the same people constantly repeating themselves eh :greengrin

FranckSuzy
24-12-2016, 10:44 AM
Aye sometimes it feels like the same people constantly repeating themselves eh :greengrin

:tee hee:

Rougier45
24-12-2016, 10:57 AM
No. I'm losing interest already. The level of torn faced misery on here is evidence of why the atmosphere is so bad in the first place.

exactly -some miserable sods

-do nothing -concentrate on promotion ????

what does the`that mean ?

every game should be a party -different themes -good fun
\

we are not the best team in the world at least make it fun off the field

SunshineOnLeith
24-12-2016, 11:10 AM
Post truth 2016.

Some including, notably, the OP have suggested just that. I think you meant to say 'And I am not suggesting they are'.

More pertinently, nobody has suggested how this can be achieved without punting people out of their seats. There's significantly more fans in the family section than there is in the wee block at the front of the east that stand and sing, why should the club favour the latter to the detriment of the former?

silverhibee
24-12-2016, 11:16 AM
It really infuriates me the stuff said about prawn sandwiches etc.....Some of our most vociferous are in the West:rolleyes:

I was offered sweeties when I last sat in the West. :greengrin

Glorious St Pat
24-12-2016, 11:23 AM

Simple simple solution - get off your ***** and sing and clap. I sit in the middle of the East and the atmosphere there is **** most of the time. Nobody attempts to start a song like the old days of the East.

Golden Bear
24-12-2016, 12:59 PM

Pan drops I bet.

hibsbollah
24-12-2016, 01:03 PM
How's the atmosphere in the FF Lower today?

Fizz
24-12-2016, 01:17 PM
😂😂😂😂 takes me my time to post 1 reply let alone 3 or 4 identical ones!

Frazerbob
24-12-2016, 02:17 PM
I think we have more pressing issues to worry about.

WhileTheChief..
24-12-2016, 03:02 PM
Crowd today was announced as 15400 approx. No chance that many were inside ER. Does that mean we actually announce tickets sold as against clicks through the turnstyles?

FF lower had plenty empty seats yet I'm sure I read on here that is is almost sold out with ST holders?

Keith_M
24-12-2016, 03:08 PM

So no logical arguments then, just complaints that other people don't just roll over and agree with you.

Fair enough.

Keith_M
24-12-2016, 03:09 PM
Crowd today was announced as 15400 approx. No chance that many were inside ER. Does that mean we actually announce tickets sold as against clicks through the turnstyles?

FF lower had plenty empty seats yet I'm sure I read on here that is is almost sold out with ST holders?

There are 1,800 of them and only 20 seats were still available before the match.

RIP
24-12-2016, 04:42 PM
When my friend Gogs helped set up Section 43 he worked with the Board. We need an area of around 500 seats to start with where the Ultras can start. FF or East will do. But we need the club to support this. If not the atmosphere in the modern stadium will remain poor. Fan pressure can help. We need to ask the question. We can make ER a great experience for everyone. My American mate says the atmosphere is poor for a football game. It seems to be the way. Unless we follow German, French and Italian Ultras/fans sections set up by the clubs themselves.

At that time Fife Hyland was open to ideas about where the singing section could be. When the Famous Five stand was proposed we spoke to a number of Long-time Season Ticket holders who had been in the North Stand for years. Most weren't keen.

As for moving them all out of their favourite part of the ground to another part of the ground,that was a complete non-starter.

Until there is a poll of Famous Five ST''s with the majority agreeable to a move, a proposal for a Singing Section there is a dead duck!

hibsbollah
24-12-2016, 04:48 PM
So no logical arguments then, just complaints that other people don't just roll over and agree with you.

Fair enough.

:faf: Exactly my point. You misrepresenting what I'm saying and being a bit of a smarterse is symptomatic of what goes on on here all the time. Next we'll be hearing the 'plan' is to remove you all forcibly with cattle prods and replace you with Syrian refugees. Here's a thought that may have escaped you; you might actually enjoy more singing around you and want to stay? Or just start songs off yourself?

theonlywayisup
24-12-2016, 05:25 PM
How's the atmosphere in the FF Lower today?

About the same as every other part of the stadium, apart from the two hundred Section 43 boys - pish!! Even they gave up long before half time! When the play is so poor, the atmosphere soon deteriorates.

Would rather we spend the money on the team, rather than spend money moving and annoying an element of our support. I'm sure that there would be many in the FFL that would say "**** it' if they are being forced to move. Another season in the Championship and I'm sure you could easily buy all the seats you want to then stand and sing next season!!

Canon Hannan
24-12-2016, 05:45 PM
:faf: Exactly my point. You misrepresenting what I'm saying and being a bit of a smarterse is symptomatic of what goes on on here all the time. Next we'll be hearing the 'plan' is to remove you all forcibly with cattle prods and replace you with Syrian refugees. Here's a thought that may have escaped you; you might actually enjoy more singing around you and want to stay? Or just start songs off yourself?

Good news today Hibsbollah was the Section 43 boys gathered at the back and made a big difference vocally. We are lucky we have 30-40 vocal supporters at the moment keeping the stadium alive.

FranckSuzy
24-12-2016, 05:54 PM

Aye only because I normally sit there :tee hee:

we are hibs
24-12-2016, 06:07 PM
Atmosphere was a lot better today with the drum being back up the back of 43.

RIP
24-12-2016, 08:36 PM
Atmosphere was a lot better today with the drum being back up the back of 43.

The acoustics up there are so much better. Reckon it would only take a few games for the section to get its mojo back. When it was at it's best in 2010/11 that was the loudest regular singing since I started going to games.