PDA

View Full Version : Anne Budge wants Easter rd..

Hibby soldier
22-12-2016, 04:11 PM
SHARE ISSUE Ann Budge won’t rule out Hearts groundshare with Hibs during Tynecastle workThe Jambos chief admits a move would prove controversial among diehards from both sides

Pretty Boy
22-12-2016, 04:13 PM
Rent upfront please and additional payments, also upfront, for pitch maintenance.

Franck Stanton
22-12-2016, 04:14 PM
SHE may not rule it out but WE should tell her and her manky mob tae get tae ----. Don't want those manky, windae-licking **** anywhere Easter Road.

Bostonhibby
22-12-2016, 04:15 PM
SHARE ISSUE Ann Budge won’t rule out Hearts groundshare with Hibs during Tynecastle workThe Jambos chief admits a move would prove controversial among diehards from both sides

Nice of her to think of us, indeed honour us, they can ram it as far as I am concerned, Livingston will do them nicely, or maybe even Falkirk.

happiehibbie
22-12-2016, 04:18 PM
as business which Hibs are ! all donations welcome thank you

On a personal note I think ground share should have happened years ago "hard hat on "

Sergey
22-12-2016, 04:20 PM
It can't happen.

If the Charity Knockers play one designated home match at a ground other that their own, then they have to play all other home matches that season at the same venue. Unless she's looking at sharing for the whole season then it's a non-starter from the off.

renato
22-12-2016, 04:23 PM

That was nice of Budge to consider ER as an option, perhaps she can inform Hibs now, as maybe we might need consulted on this Jambo decision at some point...

Moulin Yarns
22-12-2016, 04:24 PM
It can't happen.

If the Charity Knockers play one designated home match at a ground other that their own, then they have to play all other home matches that season at the same venue. Unless she's looking at sharing for the whole season then it's a non-starter from the off.

ICT played half a season at Pittodrie while their ground was upgraded to SPL standard. It would have to be a similar arrangement

Bostonhibby
22-12-2016, 04:24 PM
as business which Hibs are ! all donations welcome thank you

On a personal note I think ground share should have happened years ago "hard hat on "

Wallace Mercer tried to do it on a business basis and luckily enough there were plenty around who seen through that - it's hardened attitudes today and it's why many (like me) would rather not have their money and leave them to wallow in the mess they have created. If there's to be an answer to the problem Budge hasn't solved then I'd rather it wasn't us.

Sergey
22-12-2016, 04:26 PM
ICT played half a season at Pittodrie while their ground was upgraded to SPL standard. It would have to be a similar arrangement

Sorry - I wasn't aware of that. The rules must be different to those in England.

BroxburnHibee
22-12-2016, 04:28 PM
Can you imagine the damage that bunch would do.

portyhibernian
22-12-2016, 04:35 PM
It's an emphatic gtf from me

Since90+2
22-12-2016, 04:36 PM
Tell them to GTF.

snooky
22-12-2016, 04:41 PM
Don't see a problem. As long as they pay us a fair $.
Then, who knows, they could indirectly end up paying for a quality striker who will put them out the SC ...... again. :cb

Nakedmanoncrack
22-12-2016, 04:43 PM
Under no circumstances should this be considered.

Bostonhibby
22-12-2016, 04:49 PM
Don't see a problem. As long as they pay us a fair $.
Then, who knows, they could indirectly end up paying for a quality striker who will put them out the SC ...... again. :cb
Normally I'd agree but what separates us from them is that there comes a level we won't stoop to for money and this is it for me.

Surely budges plan will mean that it'll all be done on time on budget and no need for scrounging anyone else's facilities.

Sent from my HTC One mini 2 using Tapatalk

Oscar T Grouch
22-12-2016, 04:52 PM
personally I wouldn't want them anywhere near ER apart from in the Dunbar end. But business wise it makes a lot of sense, especially for Hibs. An extra income from the rent and ground keeping, we could maybe use some of the money to buy lights for the grass during winter. Any damages the gorgie gimps cause will be added to the bill. All money that will go towards making our team stronger.

Still don't want the manky bar stewards anywhere near my seat though, how much are disinfectant wipes?

Smartie
22-12-2016, 04:54 PM
It's all about the $$$$$$$$$$$.

They pay a decent price, they pay to repair extra wear and tear to the pitch, they pay the cost of fixing any damage then it may just be fine by me.

We're unlikely to be in a position to be able to turn down any additional revenue any time soon.

It would be nice to make a couple of stellar signings off the back of this who we could play against them in derbies, this maintaining our current upper hand in this fixture.

They ain't doing it on the cheap though and we're not needing to be charitable (we all know what happens when people attempt in good faith to be charitable with our Jambo chums). This works on our terms or it doesn't work at all.

Ozyhibby
22-12-2016, 04:54 PM
If they need it a deal will be done. We'll get valuable extra income for our return to the Premiership and they get another thing to complain about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

green day
22-12-2016, 04:55 PM
Surely budges plan will mean that it'll all be done on time on budget and no need for scrounging anyone else's facilities.

Yep, she's been spinning them a line that it can all be done on time in budget, won't cause disruption etc.

I don't want some Jambo in my seat, full stop.

Plus, Easter Rd pitch is crap as it is at this time of year, imagine what a state it would be in if the cloggers played there.

Final point? Budge can bolt

HoboHarry
22-12-2016, 05:02 PM
There isn't a sane businessman or woman anywhere who would turn that kind of money down, that would be madness if the correct cash amount was on offer. What would the figure be over the course of a season?

HoboHarry
22-12-2016, 05:04 PM
It's all about the $$$$$$$$$$$.

They pay a decent price, they pay to repair extra wear and tear to the pitch, they pay the cost of fixing any damage then it may just be fine by me.

We're unlikely to be in a position to be able to turn down any additional revenue any time soon.

It would be nice to make a couple of stellar signings off the back of this who we could play against them in derbies, this maintaining our current upper hand in this fixture.

They ain't doing it on the cheap though and we're not needing to be charitable (we all know what happens when people attempt in good faith to be charitable with our Jambo chums). This works on our terms or it doesn't work at all.
I think we can trust Rod on that score........they'll had better buy some vaseline before they start negotiating with oor Rod :greengrin

Brooster
22-12-2016, 05:15 PM
£100k per game up front or they can bolt.

greenlex
22-12-2016, 05:15 PM
The danger of them renting Easter Road is that its only a hop skip and a jump to them claiming it as theres like they do with Oriam. Dangerous thing. :greengrin

Arch Stanton
22-12-2016, 05:23 PM
There isn't a sane businessman or woman anywhere who would turn that kind of money down, that would be madness if the correct cash amount was on offer. What would the figure be over the course of a season?

Or a sane fan I hesitate to add. From my point of view (assuming I am indeed sane) it is the team I support, not the stadium.

My only worry would be if something went 'wrong' with the financing of the Tynecastle 'work' (which seems a realistic possibility) and they end up stuck here for good.

In fact, now I think about it, if the end-game was a permanent ground share then this would be a sensible opening gambit. Shivers.

hibby6270
22-12-2016, 05:30 PM
We can just about put with it on a 'one off' basis for cup semi finals (when they get that far - which isn't often lately) but to contemplate allowing them to set foot in ER every 2nd week should just never, never, never, ever happen, no matter the financial incentive/compensation. Just not worth it.

Refusing on a "point of principle" must be the winner in this discussion/argument.

Pedantic_Hibee
22-12-2016, 05:30 PM
And they call us Hobos?

ruthven_raiders
22-12-2016, 05:52 PM
The danger of them renting Easter Road is that its only a hop skip and a jump to them claiming it as theres like they do with Oriam. Dangerous thing. :greengrin

Exactly 😂 one jambo workmate was saying in the reception entrance area at the Oriam that they have hearts pictures and badges all over! Anybody walking in would think they owned it! Can't believe that is true since it's supposed to be a Scotland wide resource 😳

Hibee87
22-12-2016, 05:52 PM
Sorry - I wasn't aware of that. The rules must be different to those in England.

I Believe our rules say if you play one game at another stadium you have to play all teams, so it could be after playeing each team once at e.r

My tuppence worth is they can swivvel. Assuming we got promoted we would play at least 1 game at e.r as the away team.
Also the invetible trouble it would stirr up in local area on their 'home' days, damage to stadium etc (despite them being to dumb to realise they would pay for it) etc

KeithTheHibby
22-12-2016, 05:58 PM

Hibs will though. Do one Budgie.

MWHIBBIES
22-12-2016, 05:58 PM
She can go and sniff herself

greenginger
22-12-2016, 06:01 PM
Aw, let them in,

We could even play a welcome song for them every game,

http://www.songlyrics.com/paul-simon/homeless-lyrics/

Onceinawhile
22-12-2016, 06:09 PM
Wouldn't have a problem with it, more money for us and would upset a large swathe of hearts fans.

Pete
22-12-2016, 06:20 PM

:agree:

They're already proclaiming that they've sold out their first match at Easter Road.

HoboHarry
22-12-2016, 06:24 PM
:agree:

They're already proclaiming that they've sold out their first match at Easter Road.
How are we going to accommodate 400,000 Hearts fans? :wink:

blackpoolhibs
22-12-2016, 06:27 PM
What kind of money would we be looking at if this was on the agenda?

Pete
22-12-2016, 06:33 PM

The invisible kind if previous form is anything to go by.

Bostonhibby
22-12-2016, 06:36 PM
The invisible kind if previous form is anything to go by.
Aye, we'll never see it as they only ever owe it to themselves. Everyone else gets bumped then a wee bit of rebranding is set up.

Glory Lurker
22-12-2016, 06:38 PM
It would make total business sense, but just the thought of it gies me the boak.

lapsedhibee
22-12-2016, 06:41 PM
Aye, we'll never see it as they only ever owe it to themselves. Everyone else gets bumped then a wee bit of rebranding is set up.

Would be a 'fitba debt' though, wouldn't it? So if they didn't pay up they wouldn't get to play any more, anywhere.

How good would that outcome be? :drool:

Bostonhibby
22-12-2016, 06:46 PM
Would be a 'fitba debt' though, wouldn't it? So if they didn't pay up they wouldn't get to play any more, anywhere.

How good would that outcome be? :drool:
Depends if we entered into any form of payment other than an up front one. For example a heriot watt or Edinburgh city council type one, or pretty much any of their previous creditors come to think of it.

I'm not contemplating them getting kicked out the ground as hopefully they won't get in at all[emoji1]

lord bunberry
22-12-2016, 06:57 PM
I wouldn't give that shower of ****s the steam of my pish. They benefited massively from not shelling out for a new stand when we did. They benifted by spending the money on players, helping themselves to a couple of Scottish cups. Now that they've managed to sort themselves out financially after bumping every man and his dug they think they can expect us to help them out. I hope the hibs board tell them to go and **** themselves, no matter how much money they offer.

where'stheslope
22-12-2016, 07:02 PM
Whats wrong with them using Dunfermline?

They need the money more than us!

We could be back in the big time ourselves next season, so would give them an advantage using our ground before meeting them( same as Murrayfield in the cup!)!!!!

NAE NOOKIE
22-12-2016, 07:04 PM
FFS ....... next thing ye ken they'll be at the door asking tae borrow a cup o' sugar :bitchy:

However, at this time of year when peace on earth and goodwill to all men is the order of the day I would be reluctantly willing to allow some smelly, poppy stealing, Vlad worshipping, cap doffing to their betters Yam inbred to use my seat ... provided Hibs use some of the hopefully extortionate fee we charge them to provide every Hibby with disinfectant wipes for our seats after every time the Gorgie moochers stink the place up.

There has to be some strict conditions of course:

1 ) ...... we get paid up front, in cash.

2) ....... They pay for every bit of damage and clean it up themselves, from a scratch on a seat to stickers or insults in felt tip pen in the bogs

3) ....... When they use the stadium nothing apart from the strips on the players and the smellies in the stands should indicate that its a Hetz game.

neil7908
22-12-2016, 07:11 PM
Yes if the money and terms are right for us. I care about Hibs first and foremost so if this deal benefits us we would be cutting off our nose to spite our face if we turned it down.

Newcastlehibby
22-12-2016, 07:35 PM
Totally misleading headline to this thread. Either the op does not understand what was reported or has deliberately tried to whip something up.

CentreLine
22-12-2016, 07:40 PM
Yes if the money and terms are right for us. I care about Hibs first and foremost so if this deal benefits us we would be cutting off our nose to spite our face if we turned it down.

Absolutely with you there. I don't think it will happen but I would be all for it. I do not see any reason why senior clubs in Scotland should not do everything they can to help each other. There can be no competition without opposition.

WhileTheChief..
22-12-2016, 07:43 PM
Would only be for 2 or 3 games I'd imagine and a few grand.

Not worth the hassle, the arguments or the money.

A solid no from me.

silverhibee
22-12-2016, 08:11 PM
I wouldn't give that shower of ****s the steam of my pish. They benefited massively from not shelling out for a new stand when we did. They benifted by spending the money on players, helping themselves to a couple of Scottish cups. Now that they've managed to sort themselves out financially after bumping every man and his dug they think they can expect us to help them out. I hope the hibs board tell them to go and **** themselves, no matter how much money they offer.

This 100%.

**** them, they tried to kill our club, couldn't care how long ago that was, we shouldn't be doing anything to help them with there dirty money or have anything to do with them.

Let them fund Livingston or the pars if they need to ground share.

F*** off Madam Budge.

22-12-2016, 08:14 PM
I hear cardigan retailers and golf shops in the leith area are holding crunch talks with the Hibernian hierarchy regarding this move.

Bostonhibby
22-12-2016, 08:27 PM
Couldn't they just content themselves with another opportunity for a bit of brown nosing with their betters and share murrayfield with the egg chasers again? Or were they bumped as well?

McD
22-12-2016, 08:28 PM
Don't want it at all...but if it were to come to pass:

- all season ticket monies from their puddle drinkers come to Hibs (and no selling cheap ones either)
- Hibs and only Hibs use the home dressing room - they can share the away dressing room
- as mentioned, no yam advertising or indication of any kind that they're there
- budge provides written commitment to pay for any damages etc to the stadium
- any damage of any kind means ongoing expulsion from that section of the ground
- no scott Wilson operating the tannoy
- no music played whatsoever
- advertisements paid for by budge in every newspaper and monthly press conferences by budge and Levein thanking Hibs for their generosity and acknowledging our Scottish Cup win
- any matches involving both teams automatically mean yams in the Dunbar end only

if I can think of any more I'll add them :greengrin

RedHibby
22-12-2016, 08:32 PM
While they are at Easter Road we could nip along to Tyncastle and get some Hibs Memorabilia into the foundations.:thumbsup:

Hibernia&Alba
22-12-2016, 08:34 PM
Rent upfront please and additional payments, also upfront, for pitch maintenance.

Definitely. No way could they be trusted to pay an invoice. I'd be okay with taking their money; in fact I'd find it PLEASING.

snooky
22-12-2016, 08:35 PM
Don't want it at all...but if it were to come to pass:

- all season ticket monies from their puddle drinkers come to Hibs (and no selling cheap ones either)
- Hibs and only Hibs use the home dressing room - they can share the away dressing room
- as mentioned, no yam advertising or indication of any kind that they're there
- budge provides written commitment to pay for any damages etc to the stadium
- any damage of any kind means ongoing expulsion from that section of the ground
- no scott Wilson operating the tannoy
- no music played whatsoever
- advertisements paid for by budge in every newspaper and monthly press conferences by budge and Levein thanking Hibs for their generosity and acknowledging our Scottish Cup win
- any matches involving both teams automatically mean yams in the Dunbar end only

if I can think of any more I'll add them :greengrin

Yams have to wear Hibs scarves at their home games. :cb

Ozyhibby
22-12-2016, 08:43 PM

Their deal to rent murrayfield in 2004 was for £20k per game.

Dashing Bob S
22-12-2016, 09:06 PM
Tell the poppy thieving, food bank prosecuting hoors to GTF.

HoboHarry
22-12-2016, 09:07 PM

Who would supply the half time pies etc etc etc.......

Dashing Bob S
22-12-2016, 09:09 PM

Come in 150K per game accept 100K

monarch
22-12-2016, 09:25 PM

It's this type of view that makes me worry about fan ownership where parochialism prevailing over business acumen could lead us into real financial difficulties.

Despite making a small profit during the period to 30 June 2016 (thank you David Gray) we need every penny we can get and turning down additional income such as this would be irresponsible business practice. Running as a premiership model in a lower division for 3 years has been painful.

Scaremongering about them defaulting on payment is ridiculous. The old Romnov regime has gone and Anne Budge is a respected business person.

Remember, the additional income could fund an additional signing or two.

Bostonhibby
22-12-2016, 09:29 PM
It's this type of view that makes me worry about fan ownership where parochialism prevailing over business acumen could lead us into real financial difficulties.

Despite making a small profit during the period to 30 June 2016 (thank you David Gray) we need every penny we can get and turning down additional income such as this would be irresponsible business practice. Running as a premiership model in a lower division for 3 years has been painful.

Scaremongering about them defaulting on payment is ridiculous. The old Romnov regime has gone and Anne Budge is a respected business person.

All good points well made but these days there's an ethical dimension to business dealings and its a good idea not to piss off too many of your existing loyal "customers".

CentreLine
22-12-2016, 09:29 PM

Couldn't agree more. 👍

QMU-1875
22-12-2016, 09:30 PM
Anne Budge can ram it up her hoop 👍

Hibernia&Alba
22-12-2016, 09:35 PM
Anne Budge can ram it up her hoop 👍

That image has just destroyed my Christmas. Thanks very much.

3pm
22-12-2016, 09:40 PM
Beat it ya Auld cow.

O'Rourke3
22-12-2016, 09:50 PM
Increased income, increased wear and tear on the pitch and increased costs. So the actual cost benefit needs carefully worked out.
Considering we should be in the same league ...despite additional income, them moving to Livvy or elsewhere means huge drop in income for them....
Ann Budge will say the right things. Their DOF was quite disparaging about us and often when he was in charge encouraged no doubt by Fireworks Phil and his Docksiders comment. He showed very little respect then and the contempt their club clearly has for ours is writ large.
If they are after ER its cos it suits them not us.
In the spirit of Christmas - @@@@ em...

Onion
22-12-2016, 09:55 PM
Have a lot of time for Budge who seems a decent sort and shrewd business woman, however coming to the aid a club/company like Hearts (who truly detest Hibernian FC) for a few thousand quid just 2.5 years after they knowingly ripped off taxpayers, local businesses and charities for their own ends and without remorse would be like taking tainted/dirty cash.

No thanks, we don't need or want your money.

Sir David Gray
22-12-2016, 10:09 PM
They can GTF.

Don Giovanni
22-12-2016, 10:14 PM
As much as I'd laugh my bollox off at the Foundation of Fud pledgers realising their hard-earner donations were ultimately bolstering Hibs' coffers...
...it's a very definite FRO from me.

:bye:

Jones28
22-12-2016, 10:14 PM
Hearts can GTF

lord bunberry
22-12-2016, 10:15 PM

Some things are more important than making a small amount of money.

lord bunberry
22-12-2016, 10:24 PM
This 100%.

**** them, they tried to kill our club, couldn't care how long ago that was, we shouldn't be doing anything to help them with there dirty money or have anything to do with them.

Let them fund Livingston or the pars if they need to ground share.

F*** off Madam Budge.
:top marksAmen brother

GreenLake
22-12-2016, 10:34 PM
Budge will be scheming how to scalp ticket prices for the maroon mob at Easter Road and will probably charge for 1 year debentures.

Just out of interest, how long did Hibs ground share at the PBS while our stands were being built?

WhileTheChief..
22-12-2016, 10:34 PM
The way she's been quoted here is taking things out of context.

When you hear the interview she came across really well and spoke like a fan clearly acknowledging the difficulties that this would cause. Absolutely no mention that it would be a season long thing.

I think her and the Hibs board have a pretty close relationship. Much better than between kickback and here!!

silverhibee
22-12-2016, 10:53 PM
:top marksAmen brother

Even worse, they could play the thugs from the west of Scotland and our stadium would get wrecked by both sets of fans, and before anyone says the thieves will pay for the damage that's done, so what, we shouldn't even be considering the thieves in to our Family home, FFS they might even try and steal our cup, they have previous for that nonsense.

They can bolt as far as I'm concerned, for maybe £60/70k for a few games, f*** that, the place will smell for years, and that's with the Budge's stinking perfume, it still doesn't hide the smell of s***e from the thieves.

By the way, it's a NO from me.

:aok:

Sir David Gray
22-12-2016, 10:57 PM
The way she's been quoted here is taking things out of context.

When you hear the interview she came across really well and spoke like a fan clearly acknowledging the difficulties that this would cause. Absolutely no mention that it would be a season long thing.

I think her and the Hibs board have a pretty close relationship. Much better than between kickback and here!!

I don't actually have anything personal against Budge, it's more a broader issue that I have against them as a club.

As I said, they can GTF.

Diclonius
22-12-2016, 11:14 PM
If they pay us for it then who cares? It won't happen anyway - plus they seem to have been "about to ground share" for the last 10 years. When's the new stand actually going to be built?

.Sean.
22-12-2016, 11:22 PM
The soor-pussed cow can ram any groundshare notions up her crusty auld duff. Get yourself to **** ya cantankerous boot :aok:

Viva_Palmeiras
22-12-2016, 11:23 PM
Hibs will though. Do one Budgie.

But what of her charity knockers?

Viva_Palmeiras
22-12-2016, 11:26 PM
Increased income, increased wear and tear on the pitch and increased costs. So the actual cost benefit needs carefully worked out.
Considering we should be in the same league ...despite additional income, them moving to Livvy or elsewhere means huge drop in income for them....
Ann Budge will say the right things. Their DOF was quite disparaging about us and often when he was in charge encouraged no doubt by Fireworks Phil and his Docksiders comment. He showed very little respect then and the contempt their club clearly has for ours is writ large.
If they are after ER its cos it suits them not us.
In the spirit of Christmas - @@@@ em...

Maybe I'd stopped paying sufficient attention by then but was it not Vlad that was fond of the docksider comment rather than Levein or "ale sin" as predictive text had him...?

Deansy
22-12-2016, 11:29 PM
Fxxk that - after 2-3 games they'll be claiming they own ER as they do with Riccarton/Oriam !

Jones28
22-12-2016, 11:35 PM
Plus the last time they used our stadium did one of their supporters not smear an irrelevant score line on the walls in his own ****?

Or somebody else's **** for that matter?

snooky
22-12-2016, 11:37 PM
If nothing else, this thread shows that there is a kaleidoscope of views amongst the Hibernian Fraternity. :cool2:

Ryan69
22-12-2016, 11:39 PM
If you take into account the wear and tear of the pitch,their fans will no doubt vandalise the place,and cause mayhem in Leith.

We should tell them to bolt!

Then they really have a problem.

We got our house in order years ago....while they cheated their way to honours.

The Green Goblin
22-12-2016, 11:52 PM

Very much this. There should be no helping hand, business or otherwise, to a club that still unapologetically gloats - especially to us - about how they shafted countless people, businesses and charities for a couple of cups and a run of derby wins. Their stadium has been an embarrassment and an outdated danger for years, but instead of addressing it, they spent money they didn't have on players they couldn't afford. Now the chickens are coming home to roost, oh wait! There's no stand for them to roost in. The biggest club in the whole universe have nowhere to go. Tough Walter Mittys.

southern hibby
22-12-2016, 11:55 PM
I'd take their money and spend every penny on shares just to rub it in to them that even their money has bought more shares in Hibs than Anne's sold them.

GGTTH

The_Horde
23-12-2016, 12:11 AM
I can't work out if she looks like Boris Johnson or Keith Lemon

Waxy
23-12-2016, 12:12 AM
Yet they try to help keep us down. Billy King to the zombies last season Conner pilchard this season. Ram it.Away and use Saughton enclosure.

silverhibee
23-12-2016, 12:15 AM
I can't work out if she looks like Boris Johnson or Keith Lemon

Keith Lemon, sleazy.

Speedway
23-12-2016, 12:16 AM
Hibs should take this idea of Budge and tell her to shove it right up her tunnel of fudge.

Sir David Gray
23-12-2016, 12:29 AM
The soor-pussed cow can ram any groundshare notions up her crusty auld duff. Get yourself to **** ya cantankerous boot :aok:

Is that a no? :greengrin

heretoday
23-12-2016, 12:49 AM
They should ask Livingston instead. After all, that's where half their fans are from.

oldbutdim
23-12-2016, 01:08 AM
They should ask Livingston instead. After all, that's where half their fans are from.

Hardly.

I don't think Livingston has a population of 200,000.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
23-12-2016, 01:19 AM
Anne Budge wants Easter rd..

I'll bet she does, the auld mutton shank.

You know...

Phil MaGlass
23-12-2016, 06:11 AM
Im all for taking their cash, but, I dont think the pitch would handle it, that, in the end would cost us a packet to repair.

Dashing Bob S
23-12-2016, 08:29 AM
Overwhelming response seems to be GTF, but with the caveat that if we can exploit them by getting them to pay absolutely silly money, with punitive damages clauses inserted, then consider.

Send them to Livy - our pitch has suffered enough with one hoofball side lately, two would destroy it.

O'Rourke3
23-12-2016, 09:14 AM
Maybe I'd stopped paying sufficient attention by then but was it not Vlad that was fond of the docksider comment rather than Levein or "ale sin" as predictive text had him...?
I never said he used it. He was as bad at the time and as part of the old regeime could have come out and said there was no place for it between old friends and rivals. I beleive they have no respect for us so regardless of additional income - which wont be worth the hassle. Should be told to getifu....

Sent via the bushes @ EM

--------
23-12-2016, 09:30 AM
Absolutely not.

They've made their own bed - let them lie in it. They couldn't pay Hibs enough to reconcile me to the idea of THEM infesting the Holy Ground.

(That's supposing they actually paid us.)

Has Budge asked Hibs before announcing this in the press?

lucky
23-12-2016, 09:35 AM
Is this proposal any different to when they play cup semi finals at ER?
I don't really have a problem with it as long as ER is not damaged. Extra revenue for us and less for them.

Bostonhibby
23-12-2016, 09:37 AM
Absolutely not.

They've made their own bed - let them lie in it. They couldn't pay Hibs enough to reconcile me to the idea of THEM infesting the Holy Ground.

I'd be disappointed if our board had held any discussion that gave her any encouragement at all. Especially as it seems to be her that's discussing the possibility publicly and Hibs aren't

BSEJVT
23-12-2016, 09:59 AM
I'd be disappointed if our board had held any discussion that gave her any encouragement at all. Especially as it seems to be her that's discussing the possibility and Hibs aren't

If she has come out and said it, then you can bet its already agreed

Anything else makes her look idiotic.

Completely torn on the issue, taking money off them appeals greatly to me but so does telling them to get *****ed.

Keith_M
23-12-2016, 10:00 AM
TBF, Hibs are genuinely interested in the homeless, so it might just happen...

Bostonhibby
23-12-2016, 10:05 AM
If she has come out and said it, then you can bet its already agreed

Anything else makes her look idiotic.

Completely torn on the issue, taking money off them appeals greatly to me but so does telling them to get *****ed.
I'm completely against it for all non financial reasons!

If the Hibs board are encouraging it then whether I was for or against I'd see budgie going public first as unfortunate for our boards relationship with a good chunk of our supporters, and I don't know what part the fans reps will have played in this, if any.

Leith's finest
23-12-2016, 10:13 AM
It's a no from me, just incase my stone gets damaged

LithgaeHibby
23-12-2016, 10:28 AM
I can't shut out the image of their "dirty protest" from the last time they were here. No thanks.

offshorehibby
23-12-2016, 10:55 AM
She was obviously casing the joint when she was at the Hibs lady's v Bayern game a couple of months back.

AndyM_1875
23-12-2016, 10:56 AM
Absolutely not.

No she has not Doddie.
There would have to be an official approach and just now this is just talk.

If Budge has openly said this then that is a mistake from her, possibly her first big one as CEO of Hearts.
Now whilst a statement of this nature may appeal to the hammerheads in the Hertz support thinking they can just point at the only UEFA Compliant Football Stadium in Edinburgh and say "Want to play there" but it's not as simple as that.

For us it's simply not worth the aggravation IMHO. Easter Road is our home. We don't need lodgers. Especially ones who will damage our furniture and **** on the floor.

wookie70
23-12-2016, 10:57 AM
For me it is all about how much is in it for Hibs. If it would get us a couple of players that would mean we finish above them the the league next year, assuming promotion, then I would want the board to seriously consider it. It might not sit right but then there is a huge stadium sitting empty every second week. Emotionally my heart says no but my head says maybe.

Betty Boop
23-12-2016, 11:40 AM

Thought it was Phil Anderton that called us the Docksiders ?

lapsedhibee
23-12-2016, 11:42 AM
Thought it was Phil Anderton that called us the Docksiders ?

:agree: Docksiders, Lochenders, Ho Ho Ho.

1875STEVE
23-12-2016, 12:52 PM
The toilets are covered in grafitti in the FF and im sure the toilets in the East have as well after their last semi final at ER.

What state would the pitch get in as well??

They can bolt!

HoboHarry
23-12-2016, 03:18 PM
No she has not Doddie.
There would have to be an official approach and just now this is just talk.

If Budge has openly said this then that is a mistake from her, possibly her first big one as CEO of Hearts.
Now whilst a statement of this nature may appeal to the hammerheads in the Hertz support thinking they can just point at the only UEFA Compliant Football Stadium in Edinburgh and say "Want to play there" but it's not as simple as that.

For us it's simply not worth the aggravation IMHO. Easter Road is our home. We don't need lodgers. Especially ones who will damage our furniture and **** on the floor.
How do you know that for sure? It's normal practice to have informal discussions behind closed doors before throwing out a wee comment to gauge reaction.......

hfc rd
23-12-2016, 05:56 PM
Send them elsewhere. Livingston, Murrayfield or even Meadowbank.

Hibs90
23-12-2016, 06:19 PM
I have assurance this will NOT be happening.

Don Giovanni
23-12-2016, 06:31 PM
Send them elsewhere. Livingston, Murrayfield or even Meadowbank.

How about sending them to Venus, Pluto or even into the Sun?

:greengrin:

snooky
23-12-2016, 06:37 PM
I have assurance this will NOT be happening.
From .Sean? :dunno: (ref. post #78)

snedzuk
23-12-2016, 06:39 PM
How about sending them to Venus, Pluto or even into the Sun?

:greengrin:

or Uranus (or Budgeanus) - this idea is too dangerous anyway -we would need to get Calor Gas heaters in hospitality.

HoboHarry
23-12-2016, 06:44 PM
or Uranus (or Budgeanus) - this idea is too dangerous anyway -we would need to get Calor Gas heaters in hospitality.
I doubt that even Mr Budge would have much interest in her anus at this point, far less anyone else.........

:greengrin