PDA

View Full Version : Merry Christmas .Net and Thank you

Global Hibby
22-12-2016, 11:02 AM
Thank you to the admins and all others involved for their hard work in providing a great service to Hibs fans throughout the world. I visit the site most days to catch up on all things Hibs and rarely read any other online media to do with Hibs. The reports on matches by the members is fantastic and I particularly enjoy reading the thoughts on the performances of the players as well as enjoying the gossip and banter between people with different viewpoints.

i have no idea what the running costs are for the site but I would like to provide a Christmas donation of £1000.00 to be used in anyway so please reach out to me to arrange payment. I would like you to consider using some of the donation to fund .Nets equivalent of the Oscars. Perhaps we could have poster of the year, worse predication of the year etc. I would also like to contribute to Suzy the same amount to be used for Half season tickets or indeed anything else for that matter. If.Net can facilitate this then that's great and I will make a single payment.

2016 has been such a memorable year for all Hibs fans and one that will live with us all until our last breaths. As everyone knows getting out of this division is critical and let's give Neil Lennon, players and all others involved our full support. Neil and those involved are about to make some major decisions around players in and out. There is no right or wrong in the decisions taken, it's simply a choice and once the decisions are made there is nothing we can do but to give everyone at the club our full support to the end of the season.

Merry Christmas to everyone on here and let's hope that on Saturday the 6th May 2017 we have a full house at Easter Road applauding a job well done by Neil Lennon, the players and all others involved in getting this great club back where it should be :flag:

Keith_M
22-12-2016, 11:06 AM
A big Merry Christmas from me too.

:flag:

Oscar T Grouch
22-12-2016, 11:21 AM
Thank you to the admins and all others involved for their hard work in providing a great service to Hibs fans throughout the world. I visit the site most days to catch up on all things Hibs and rarely read any other online media to do with Hibs. The reports on matches by the members is fantastic and I particularly enjoy reading the thoughts on the performances of the players as well as enjoying the gossip and banter between people with different viewpoints.

i have no idea what the running costs are for the site but I would like to provide a Christmas donation of £1000.00 to be used in anyway so please reach out to me to arrange payment. I would like you to consider using some of the donation to fund .Nets equivalent of the Oscars. Perhaps we could have poster of the year, worse predication of the year etc. I would also like to contribute to Suzy the same amount to be used for Half season tickets or indeed anything else for that matter. If.Net can facilitate this then that's great and I will make a single payment.

2016 has been such a memorable year for all Hibs fans and one that will live with us all until our last breaths. As everyone knows getting out of this division is critical and let's give Neil Lennon, players and all others involved our full support. Neil and those involved are about to make some major decisions around players in and out. There is no right or wrong in the decisions taken, it's simply a choice and once the decisions are made there is nothing we can do but to give everyone at the club our full support to the end of the season.

Merry Christmas to everyone on here and let's hope that on Saturday the 6th May 2017 we have a full house at Easter Road applauding a job well done by Neil Lennon, the players and all others involved in getting this great club back where it should be :flag:

Merry Christmas to you too GH. You should get yourself on the PM board, there is a sort of .net Oscars on there :greengrin and its only £10 a year!!

Golden Bear
22-12-2016, 11:24 AM

We'll done Global. A very generous gesture and noble sentiments indeed.

mim
22-12-2016, 11:41 AM
A great gesture, well done, GH :thumbsup:

FranckSuzy
22-12-2016, 12:39 PM

Wonderful gestures, thanks very much :thumbsup: :not worth

Since90+2
22-12-2016, 12:48 PM
Nice gesture.

Hibs Class.

northstandhibby
22-12-2016, 02:01 PM

What a magnificent gesture. And yes lets all hope and pray we get back up to where we should be.

:thumbsup:

sleeping giant
22-12-2016, 02:08 PM
Very generous .

Merry Christmas

Jones28
22-12-2016, 02:09 PM
An outstanding gesture 👍

I'd also like to echo the sentiments...not financial but my best wishes are definitely in there :greengrin

Juice-Terry
22-12-2016, 02:13 PM
Hibs class indeed! Merry Christmas. GGTTH! :flag:

Hibernia&Alba
22-12-2016, 02:17 PM
That's incredibly generous, GH. I had no idea Bill Gates posted on here :greengrin

Top marks to you for that :top marks

hibby6270
22-12-2016, 02:23 PM

Hibs Class!! :thumbsup:

J-C
22-12-2016, 03:07 PM
Well GH, a terrific gesture and in keeping with being Hibs Class. :thumbsup:

scooby
22-12-2016, 03:23 PM

Great gesture GH. .net is a brilliant source of information and banter about all things Hibs, and much appreciated by many.
Happy Christmas Hibees 🌲

Thecat23
22-12-2016, 03:30 PM

This is fantastic 👏🏼 Merry Christmas to you too GH.

Pretty Boy
22-12-2016, 04:52 PM
On behalf of the .net admin team I'd like to say we are very grateful to Global Hibby for his kind offer. As a site we are very secure financially and have the financial ability to make donations to Hibs and charities as well as running several competitions each year for our members. We would therefore like to suggest that Global Hibby makes a donation directly to Dnipro Kids to the value of the money offered in lieu of a donation to the site. At this time of year it's nice to think that through this act of generosity both Leith Links and Dnipro Kids, charities close to the hearts of all in the Hibs community, could benefit. :flag:

matty_f
22-12-2016, 05:13 PM
On behalf of the .net admin team I'd like to say we are very grateful to Global Hibby for his kind offer. As a site we are very secure financially and have the financial ability to make donations to Hibs and charities as well as running several competitions each year for our members. We would therefore like to suggest that Global Hibby makes a donation directly to Dnipro Kids to the value of the money offered in lieu of a donation to the site. At this time of year it's nice to think that through this act of generosity both Leith Links and Dnipro Kids, charities close to the hearts of all in the Hibs community, could benefit. :flag:

:agree: Smashing gesture from Global Hibby. Would be great to see Dnipro Kids benefit.

HibbyAndy
22-12-2016, 05:27 PM
Hibs class!

Merry xmas to my fellow hibees, What a year !!

FranckSuzy
22-12-2016, 05:29 PM

Hibs class :agree: :applause:

Velma Dinkley
22-12-2016, 07:46 PM
As a wee aside, Dnipro Kids has a few things lined up for the orphans over in Ukraine this festive season, including a trip to a panto. Details can be found on the Dnipro Kids Facebook page and, if anyone would particularly like to make a contribution to this, donation details can be found at

http://dniprokids.com/donate-today/ Merry Christmas everyone!

Joe6-2
22-12-2016, 08:27 PM
Hibs class Global Hibby!

Merry Christmas to you and yours!

Hi Heid Yin
22-12-2016, 09:13 PM
:flag:A wonderful and very much appreciated gesture GH, from a fellow Hibby.
Makes me proud to be part of the Hibs family.:flag:

schinkenotto
22-12-2016, 10:00 PM
A great gesture, well done, GH :thumbsup:

Hear,hear!

Pete
22-12-2016, 11:05 PM
Class in a glass GH!

superfurryhibby
22-12-2016, 11:24 PM
Well done Global fellae.

Well done to Hibs Net too, couldnae be without you ****s x

GreenCastle
23-12-2016, 01:50 AM
Hibs class ! Well done

Scouse Hibee
23-12-2016, 06:34 AM
Wow a fantastic and very generous gesture. As I begin my drive "home"for Christmas I would like to wish every .netter a very Merry Christmas. Throughout the year we disccuss,argue,debate, agree,disagree and sometimes hack people off with our posts. Most of us have never met,yet despite our sometimes massive differences on here we all share the same passion for the mighty Hibs. So to each and every one of you I sincerely wish you all a great festive time with your familes wherever you may be in the World. GGTTH All the very best to you.

Bostonhibby
23-12-2016, 01:20 PM
👍 great gesture, hibs class, all the best to you and yours.

Sent from my HTC One mini 2 using Tapatalk

Pretty Boy
11-01-2017, 03:27 PM
Just checking is this offer still stands as neither ourselves or Leith Links have heard anything further?

Jim44
11-01-2017, 09:52 PM
Just checking is this offer still stands as neither ourselves or Leith Links have heard anything further?

Just stumbled across your post, PB. Like others, I thought that this was a fine and very heart warming gesture from a fellow Hibby. I'm sure that Global Hibby has reasons for not following up his offer sooner, but it seems odd that no further communication has been received.

mim
11-01-2017, 10:03 PM

Has anyone actually contacted GH??

He did say in his post "please reach out to me to arrange payment."

Hibbyradge
11-01-2017, 11:11 PM
Was Global Hibby not the person that wanted to invest £1m into Hibs or something?

Admins should be reaching out to him.

FranckSuzy
11-01-2017, 11:30 PM

True, but if I had that amount of cash it would be burning such a hole in my back pocket, I'd be dying to give it away :greengrin

Ronniekirk
11-01-2017, 11:50 PM
Was Global Hibby not the person that wanted to invest £1m into Hibs or something?

Your right He or she did use the phrase reach out So the onus is on somrone to do that If the want the money wwpuld be my take on that
Did Global not get a hard time when talking abput investing with folk questioning his or her credentials
Hope they follow through with this

Ronniekirk
11-01-2017, 11:53 PM
True, but if I had that amount of cash it would be burning such a hole in my back pocket, I'd be dying to give it away :greengrin

Maybe they are like me and still trying to work out how to use Pay Pal 🤑

DaveF
12-01-2017, 07:41 AM

We (via PB) replied on this thread. Its on page 1.

HNA2
12-01-2017, 07:51 AM

Admins did reach out by replying to his post. The ball is in his court to then contact the charities involved. Its not for the charities to chase him.

2016 Delivered
12-01-2017, 08:07 AM
Admins did reach out by replying to his post. The ball is in his court to then contact the charities involved. Its not for the charities to chase him.

So you guys have mailed him directly? £2000 is worth a little bit more than a "thanks get in touch" if the guy/girl is for real and is looking to put £1k into the running of this message board surely it's worth direct contact.

CropleyWasGod
12-01-2017, 08:10 AM
So you guys have mailed him directly? £2000 is worth a little bit more than a "thanks get in touch" if the guy/girl is for real and is looking to put £1k into the running of this message board surely it's worth direct contact.
That's not what the admins' response was.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Pretty Boy
12-01-2017, 08:11 AM

My earlier post made it clear we don't require £1000 to help run the board. Hibs.net finances are in a good place. We suggested a donation direct to charity in lieu of giving money to .net. I was just curious to see if this had happened as neither ourselves or LL has heard anything further.

mim
12-01-2017, 08:15 AM
We (via PB) replied on this thread. Its on page 1.

I'll have to disagree that PB's reply on the thread referring to Global Hibby in the third person is the admins 'reaching out'.

Surely a private message would be appropriate.

CropleyWasGod
12-01-2017, 08:19 AM
I'll have to disagree that PB's reply on the thread referring to Global Hibby in the third person is the admins 'reaching out'.

The counter argument to that is the response was in the same format and medium as the original offer.

Mr White
12-01-2017, 08:21 AM

He wouldn't have seen a private message as he hasn't been logged in since shortly after starting this thread.

SkintHibby
12-01-2017, 08:40 AM
Don't shoot me down here folks but maybe the guy wanted to to contribute to the Hibs community in some way and not give the money to a charity for foreign children?

We are all different and like to spend our spare money anyway we choose.

I'm going to be honest, if I offered £1K to Hibs.net, got shunned and told to send the money on a public forum to a charity for foreign children then I'd be pretty miffed.

Pretty Boy
12-01-2017, 08:40 AM

To flip it the original offer was made publicly so a public response is surely fair enough?

When hibs.net make donations to Hibs or other groups we always go about it privately and make no mention of it until the money has been handed over. At that point we'll let people know, particularly PMs, how their money has been spent. To make a public announcement of a donation then simply log off for over 3 weeks with no further communication to any of the groups referenced (not just ourselves) seems a bit odd to me.

Pretty Boy
12-01-2017, 08:44 AM
Don't shoot me down here folks but maybe the guy wanted to to contribute to the Hibs community in some way and not give the money to a charity for foreign children?

I'm going to be honest, if I offered £1K to Hibs.net, got shunned and told to send the money on a public forum to charity for foreign children then I'd be pretty miffed.

Again could that not have been communicated to us and we could have come to an agreement?

I'm going to go further than my last post and say I was sceptical about this whole thing from the start. It seemed like grandstanding but the admins as a group decided to take it at face value. We posted a reply and heard nothing further and GH hasn't been online since his post.

We've been here before with this poster with big gestures offered that haven't been followed up and right now I think this is another. I'm 100% certain others who have had dealings will back me up on that as well.

CropleyWasGod
12-01-2017, 08:48 AM

I'm going to be honest, if I offered £1K to Hibs.net, got shunned and told to send the money on a public forum to a charity for foreign children then I'd be pretty miffed.
You would have to log on to see the response first, though 😊

DaveF
12-01-2017, 08:49 AM

He's hardly been shunned has he? We set out an alternative option but if he's not logged on since he made the 'offer' then he's not going to be too offended anyway.

GH has form for this. I'm sure at various times in the past he's offered the club £1 million and during the buyhibs phase he also offered to lodge a bond of £100,000 - with this site as a middle man for some reason - but again, we had to reach out to him.

CapitalGreen
12-01-2017, 08:51 AM
You would have to log on to see the response first, though 😊

The main board is public so nobody needs to log on to read its content.

CropleyWasGod
12-01-2017, 08:58 AM
The main board is public so nobody needs to log on to read its content.
Of course [emoji13]

SkintHibby
12-01-2017, 09:03 AM
He's hardly been shunned has he? We set out an alternative option but if he's not logged on since he made the 'offer' then he's not going to be too offended anyway.

GH has form for this. I'm sure at various times in the past he's offered the club £1 million and during the buyhibs phase he also offered to lodge a bond of £100,000 - with this site as a middle man for some reason - but again, we had to reach out to him.

Correct, shunned is too strong a word.

Anyway, you guys should have accepted the offer so that you could have paid for the bandwidth to stop this place grinding to a halt after every good victory / terrible defeat. :wink:

marinello59
12-01-2017, 09:15 AM
Thread closed, with the absence of the OP it really serves no purpose to leave it open.
It was a nice gesture for GH to make on a public forum. I'm guessing that other interests have prevented him from returning to the discussion he started here.