PDA

View Full Version : Memorabilia Question

greenlex
22-12-2016, 12:23 AM
One for Memorabilia collectors. How much would the signed boots that delivered be expected to fetch?

SouthMoroccoStu
22-12-2016, 06:15 AM
Hey Greenlex
Bit of an open ended question - a good few factors can contribute to value (and therefore consumer demand)
Which player wore them?
What season?
Wear - In a match or in training?
A winning match and which opponent?
What was the players "contribution" during the match? (Did they score the winning goal etc...)
How long the player was at the club - legend status?
What authenticity does it come with?

There's probably a few more factors but I'm blanking

Sorry for the vague answer but there's a lot to consider

A while ago someone, online, was selling Liam Craig's boots from the 2-1 Derby when he scored the winning penalty

In a presentation case for £60

Just Jimmy
22-12-2016, 06:26 AM
Hey Greenlex
Bit of an open ended question - a good few factors can contribute to value (and therefore consumer demand)
Which player wore them?
What season?
Wear - In a match or in training?
A winning match and which opponent?
What was the players "contribution" during the match? (Did they score the winning goal etc...)
How long the player was at the club - legend status?
What authenticity does it come with?

There's probably a few more factors but I'm blanking

Sorry for the vague answer but there's a lot to consider

A while ago someone, online, was selling Liam Craig's boots from the 2-1 Derby when he scored the winning penalty

In a presentation case for £60
I assume from the post it's liam Henderson's boots from the greatest day ever...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

greenlex
22-12-2016, 08:21 AM
I assume from the post it's liam Henderson's boots from the greatest day ever...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Indeed JJ. For the record I don't have them but someone Miss Hibs knows does. They are trying to raise money for their Church roof and we're given them. They are asking the best way to do it. Auction v straight raffle and how much they were likely to fetch. Looking for advice.

Islington Hibs
22-12-2016, 08:57 AM
Indeed JJ. For the record I don't have them but someone Miss Hibs knows does. They are trying to raise money for their Church roof and we're given them. They are asking the best way to do it. Auction v straight raffle and how much they were likely to fetch. Looking for advice.

If they are genuine I would have thought that is the sort of thing the Historical Trust should consider buying to be placed with the club. The value is entirely subjective but assuming they really were 'the pair' and that could be proven certainly hundreds and possibly more. I would suggest the church who has them approach the club or historical trust to see if a deal can be done.

Allant1981
22-12-2016, 08:58 AM
all depends really what someone wants to pay, i have a pair of boots that are signed by ryan giggs and they cost £70, if you get a few folk bidding then the price will go up

scoopyboy
22-12-2016, 09:07 AM

I would suggest auction.

Andy Bee
22-12-2016, 10:07 AM
Auction or since it's for a good cause I'm sure plenty people on here and the Bounce would pledge an affordable amount for them to be gifted to HHT. I'd certainly chuck in £21.05.

Leith's finest
22-12-2016, 10:27 AM
Auction or since it's for a good cause I'm sure plenty people on here and the Bounce would pledge an affordable amount for them to be gifted to HHT. I'd certainly chuck in £21.05.

I would bid £23.32

Scouse Hibee
22-12-2016, 10:50 AM
With adequate proof tbat they are in fact the boots that delivered I would bid.

wookie70
22-12-2016, 10:51 AM
Henderson's top went for £7000 so hopefully you will get in the thousands. You could argue they were more valuable in a way.

greenlex
22-12-2016, 03:24 PM
Thanks for the help folks.

greenlex
24-01-2017, 05:07 AM
http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?318054-St-Philomena-s-Church-Winchburgh-Auction

.Sean.
24-01-2017, 09:45 AM
The boots Sproule scored his hat trick with at Ibrox were on a Edinburgh Gumtree I'm sure it was a wee while back, can't remember how the guy had them but they were definitely his - absolutely spewing I never bought them.

.Sean.
24-01-2017, 09:47 AM
If they are genuine I would have thought that is the sort of thing the Historical Trust should consider buying to be placed with the club. The value is entirely subjective but assuming they really were 'the pair' and that could be proven certainly hundreds and possibly more. I would suggest the church who has them approach the club or historical trust to see if a deal can be done.
Absolutely, the club should actively be looking at anything like this that comes up. Did they not buy Henderson's top?

EastThomasSTboy
24-01-2017, 11:21 AM
The Club didn't buy Hendersons top, it was purchased by a private collector.
I would suggest that the boots would go for a lesser amount, as historically Jerseys go, for much more money.