PDA

View Full Version : Cup final DVD whitewash

Rougier45
20-12-2016, 11:30 PM
Just watched the DVD - How good was stokes!

Obviously enjoyed DVD but thought the 91 production was better - thoughts ?

Obv nothing compares with the events of 21 May 16

One other point -- it may have been raised in other posts but what does everyone think about the complete whitewash of the post match pitch celebrations - I was a bit shocked that we have wiped it from history - like it never happened - I didn't think that was the Hibee way

NAE NOOKIE
21-12-2016, 12:19 AM

One other point -- it may have been raised in other posts but what does everyone think about the complete whitewash of the post match pitch celebrations - I was a bit shocked that we have wiped it from history - like it never happened - I didn't think that was the Hibee way

I have to agree with this .... The cup final DVD is good, very very good actually ...... but the only down side to it is the absence of any coverage of the pitch invasion, it was an explosion of joy spoiled by the reaction to it of the knuckle draggers and IMO it should have been included ... it was epic.

greenlex
21-12-2016, 02:47 AM
Whether we like it or not the aftermath is an ongoing police investigation. I'm not sure if footage on the DVD would be sensible or even legal whilst that's the case.

Viva_Palmeiras
21-12-2016, 03:00 AM
Subsequent DVD - working title - "We like to party" will be released post court cases.

Mr White
21-12-2016, 04:48 AM
Hopefully a newly updated version featuring the pitch invasion will be ready for release in conjunction with hibby70's "Hibby or Hun" boardgame once the police investigation and court cases are over :thumbsup:

The Spaceman
21-12-2016, 06:38 AM

It was also a colossal all-round performance from David Gray (legendary goal aside).

JimBHibees
21-12-2016, 06:41 AM
Thought the production and coverage in Disc 1 was as good as you are going to get in a sports dvd, was superb IMO. Dont have an issue with them missing out the invasion either. A Hibby must have IMO. :thumbsup:

Carheenlea
21-12-2016, 09:06 AM
The film is none the worse for the post match scenes omission, and as time goes on, I'm sure more fans will regret what happened.

The only way the film could be have been improved was if there were 15-20 minutes of footage of players celebrating on the pitch, donning scarves and hats thrown by jubilant Hibs fans as they take the cup round the pitch showing it off triumphantly. Has to be better than being squashed into the tunnel area to celebrate.

The club deserved better.

calumhibee1
21-12-2016, 09:23 AM
It was also a colossal all-round performance from David Gray (legendary goal aside).

100%. He was on a mission to make sure we won the cup.

Onion
21-12-2016, 09:33 AM
Whether we like it or not the aftermath is an ongoing police investigation. I'm not sure if footage on the DVD would be sensible or even legal whilst that's the case.

That makes sense, but I agree with the OP, the complete censorship of the pitch invasion just doesn't feel right. I'm sure there would have been hundreds of stills and bits of footage that focused on the jubilation in the Hibs end of the park that would have captured a sense of what it meant to Hibs fans in our moment of triumph.

Also surprised they didn't include the post match interviews with the players, which were fantastic and again helped to show what it meant to them and the club.

Am still hoping for a high def, extended edition, Director's Cut in the new year 🙏

Onion
21-12-2016, 09:37 AM
100%. He was on a mission to make sure we won the cup.

Said before, probably the greatest alround captains performance I've seen by a Hibs player in a key game. SDG was immense and is a living legend.

Alex Trager
21-12-2016, 09:46 AM
The film is none the worse for the post match scenes omission, and as time goes on, I'm sure more fans will regret what happened.

The only way the film could be have been improved was if there were 15-20 minutes of footage of players celebrating on the pitch, donning scarves and hats thrown by jubilant Hibs fans as they take the cup round the pitch showing it off triumphantly. Has to be better than being squashed into the tunnel area to celebrate.

I quite frankly could not disagree more with this post.

I have heard it so many times.

'The players should have been able to walk around the park'

On reflection they probably should have been allowed to, by the police that is.

Whether or not people regret being on the park?
Absolutely not. I met McGregor a few weeks ago, the first thing he asked me was 'were you on the park?'

I don't think the players feel it spoiled it. Or certainly he doesn't.

It was sheer emotion.

The fighting and whatnot was stupid, and those who done that will regret that one day, if not already.

But the vast majority were looking to touch their heros.

In all honesty it added to the occasion for me.

NEVER again will that happen.

To see the player going around the pitch and clapping the fans, truly would not have made my day any better. At all.

That has no appeal to me, but I accept it is the cup final norm.

For me, we were going to get to see the players the next day anyway, on top of the fact we got to see them lift the cup.

No regrets from this hibby.

It added to it.

We were there.

GreenOnions
21-12-2016, 09:51 AM

Well put. Whilst I understand the passion of those who invaded the pitch it was pretty obvious what might happen from the minute it started. As a Hibs fan I was totally embarrassed by it. The aspect that angers me most though is the fact that, after such a long wait, Hibs fans were not able to see the players celebrating with the cup afterwards. That's something that none of us will ever get back.

Nothing could spoil the day for any Hibee but the pitch invasion certainly diminished the occasion for me and many others I'm sure. To show it on the DVD would have been to celebrate that part of the day. That would have been entirely wrong and I would not have bought the DVD in that case.

Hibs have done the right thing here.

NAE NOOKIE
21-12-2016, 09:51 AM

I agree with this ...... having said that I will never change my opinion that the players being prevented from doing the traditional half lap of honour was nothing more and nothing less the result of a petted lip from the powers that be, they were caught with their pants down and there had to be payback. By the time Hibs were presented with the cup there was about 10 sevco fans left in the stadium and enough security in front of our fans to stop WW3 ... it wasn't that they couldn't allow a lap of honour, they just didn't want to.

Super_JMcGinn
21-12-2016, 09:58 AM

Absolutely not. I met McGregor a few weeks ago, the first thing he asked me was 'were you on the park?'

It was sheer emotion.

The fighting and whatnot was stupid, and those who done that will regret that one day, if not already.

To see the player going around the pitch and clapping the fans, truly would not have made my day any better. At all.

For me, we were going to get to see the players the next day anyway, on top of the fact we got to see them lift the cup.

It added to it.

We were there.

A very selfish point of view if you ask me.

Every Hibs player to a man would have wanted to celebrate the win ON the park immediately after the final whistle. Stubbsy himself said it straight after the game.

No matter what you or the others who think that pitch invasion was justified will alter that fact.

PS had the yam hordes invaded the pitch at Hampden would that have been ok with you ? Or any other team for that matter. I'm guessing not.

Alex Trager
21-12-2016, 10:00 AM

Every Hibs player to a man would have wanted to celebrate the win ON the park immediately after the final whistle. Stubbsy himself said it straight after the game.

No matter what you or the others who think that pitch invasion was justified will alter that fact.

PS had the yam hordes invaded the pitch at Hampden would that have been ok with you ? Or any other team for that matter. I'm guessing not.

Of course it's a selfish point of view.
It's my view.

I preferred it the way it panned out.

I absolutely would have been raging.

But seen as it was Hibs fans... I wasn't and am not

21-12-2016, 10:10 AM
I'd take the raw emotion of the pitch invasion any day of the week. It was unfortunate the Huns couldn't stay off the pitch like any other set of fans and maybe we could have had the pitch invasion and the lap of honour.

To suggest any of the 95% of fans who were on the pitch to celebrate will regret what happened is laughable.

NAE NOOKIE
21-12-2016, 10:29 AM

Personally I wouldn't have cared less pitch invasions aren't that uncommon , what made this one different was the inability of the knuckle draggers to suck it up and stay in their seats. I'll turn this around and say, if that had been any other team we were playing on the day would their fans have reacted to the pitch invasion by coming onto the pitch looking for a fight? I'm guessing not.

The Green Goblin
21-12-2016, 10:34 AM
I'd take the raw emotion of the pitch invasion any day of the week. It was unfortunate the Huns couldn't stay off the pitch like any other set of fans and maybe we could have had the pitch invasion and the lap of honour.

To suggest any of the 95% of fans who were on the pitch to celebrate will regret what happened is laughable.

Do you mean 95% of the total number of fans who were on the pitch, the other 5% being the ones who were also on the pitch but who got themselves into trouble? Genuine question btw. I just want to make sure I understood what you meant.

It is also worth remembering when we discuss this subject that around 19000 Hibs fans chose to stay in the stands.

givescotlandfreedom
21-12-2016, 10:47 AM
It gave Hibs a long, drawn out and expensive headache they didn't need at all when they should have been able to enjoy the feeling they'd earned along with the rest of us. I don't blame them for omitting it.

Since90+2
21-12-2016, 10:50 AM
Every single person I have spoke to who was on the pitch doesn't regret it one bit so not sure where the idea most regret it has came from.

jacomo
21-12-2016, 10:54 AM
I agree with this ...... having said that I will never change my opinion that the players being prevented from doing the traditional half lap of honour was nothing more and nothing less the result of a petted lip from the powers that be, they were caught with their pants down and there had to be payback. By the time Hibs were presented with the cup there was about 10 sevco fans left in the stadium and enough security in front of our fans to stop WW3 ... it wasn't that they couldn't allow a lap of honour, they just didn't want to.

Of course it was. There was no reason to abandon the lap of honour (or the Rangers being presented with their loser medals, for that matter).

Hibs fans had voluntarily and peacefully returned to their seats.

I thought it weird that the pitch invasion was omitted - regardless of people's opinions, it happened and it was part of the day.

500miles
21-12-2016, 10:56 AM
There was a pitch invasion???

ajf
21-12-2016, 11:09 AM
I didn't go on the park and the only regret I have is not seeing the losers go up to get their second prizes , now that would have been fun

Argylehibby
21-12-2016, 11:24 AM

It was sheer emotion.

It added to it.

We were there.

Perhaps he was just being too polite to tell you what he really thought.

I've met a few players since that day and the same response from each was that it didn't spoil their day, nothing could have, BUT it did taint it and they would have loved to have done the lap of honour the deserved but which was denied them. It's easy to say Oh it's the police, the SFA, The Rangers fans fault but anyone thinking that no blame lies with those Hibs fans on the pitch is kidding themselves. Even a fairly large number of those that went on and didn't fight, didn't break goals or dig up the pitch overstayed their welcome and would have been there longer but for the police.

I know the opinions on the pitch invasion are split but it certainly didn't "add to it" for many people and that includes the players who actually won the thing.

It won't feature in anything coming out of the club.

GreenOnions
21-12-2016, 11:24 AM
Every single person I have spoke to who was on the pitch doesn't regret it one bit so not sure where the idea most regret it has came from.

The 5,000 who went on the pitch got what they wanted. It was the 19,000 who chose not to go on the pitch who bore the cost of that through not being able to see the team parading with the cup - the "cherry on the cake" of a cup final win.

You're right I think that most or all those who went on the pitch don't seem to regret it. I just find it odd that none seem to understand the fact that them meeting their needs denied others (the majority) the opportunity to meet theirs.

Such is life though :fuming: We should move on. I was just riled that the OP seemed to be implying that we should celebrate the pitch invasion.

matty_f
21-12-2016, 11:31 AM
I thought the DVD was perfect.

easty
21-12-2016, 11:31 AM

It was sheer emotion.

It added to it.

We were there.

:agree:

It added to the day for me too. I loved being on the pitch, far more than I would have enjoyed just watching the players do a lap of victory.

I'm glad it happened.

pacoluna
21-12-2016, 11:34 AM
Perhaps he was just being too polite to tell you what he really thought.

I've met a few players since that day and the same response from each was that it didn't spoil their day, nothing could have, BUT it did taint it and they would have loved to have done the lap of honour the deserved but which was denied them. It's easy to say Oh it's the police, the SFA, The Rangers fans fault but anyone thinking that no blame lies with those Hibs fans on the pitch is kidding themselves. Even a fairly large number of those that went on and didn't fight, didn't break goals or dig up the pitch overstayed their welcome and would have been there longer but for the police.

I know the opinions on the pitch invasion are split but it certainly didn't "add to it" for many people and that includes the players who actually won the thing.

It won't feature in anything coming out of the club.

wasn't tainted at all, same posters same crap- it happened and it will not be regretted it was perfect!

wookie70
21-12-2016, 11:39 AM
I'm happy the post match scenes were left out. It's the only part of the day I'd like to forget. The club couldn't include it as they would have been open to suggestions that we now condoned the behaviour.

Argylehibby
21-12-2016, 11:51 AM
wasn't tainted at all, same posters same crap- it happened and it will not be regretted it was perfect!

Really? I must remember to ask the players that said it was WTF they lied to me then.

CallumLaidlaw
21-12-2016, 11:59 AM

Agreed. Met my expectations and more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Onion
21-12-2016, 12:10 PM
[/B]
Personally I wouldn't have cared less pitch invasions aren't that uncommon , what made this one different was the inability of the knuckle draggers to suck it up and stay in their seats. I'll turn this around and say, if that had been any other team we were playing on the day would their fans have reacted to the pitch invasion by coming onto the pitch looking for a fight? I'm guessing not.

Agreed. Any other club = no problem. But anyone with a basic understanding, knew there was a big chance the Huns would react. Even today, it beggars belief that the first thing some Hibs idiots thought after 114 years of failure was "let's try wind up some Neanderthals" and expect nothing to happen.

Understand the emotion of the day, but every single Hibs fan who went onto the park knew it was not right, had potential to cause trouble but selfishly did it any way.

21-12-2016, 12:14 PM
The rangers fans were on the pitch before any Hibs fans goaded them so your theory doesn't really stand up to scrutiny.

easty
21-12-2016, 12:15 PM
but every single Hibs fan who went onto the park knew it was not right, had potential to cause trouble but selfishly did it any way.

:faf:

aye ok then :aok:

tanfield
21-12-2016, 12:16 PM
For me the DVD was perfect and given that the events of the day are still subject to an ongoing (rightly or wrongly) investigation there is no way that Hibs will have included it into the dvd, madness to suggest otherwise.

Same goes for the player interviews as they generally were asked about the pitch invasion and therefore would be excluded from the dvd.

From a personal point of view I would have enjoyed a post presentation half lap round the park. I don't think the pitch invasion itself stopped the lap of honour it was the length of time it took to clear the park that lead to it.

Whilst I also enjoyed the spectacle of seeing half the pitch mobbed with fans, the subsequent negative reporting in the press the following day prevented my dream of snapping up a copy of every paper. Not seeing pictures of the team on the pitch with the cup is the only thing I regret.

Each to their own.

lucky
21-12-2016, 12:28 PM
DVD was great and it is correct that the pitch invasion was not included. I never went on the pitch but I suspect that the ones who did don't regret it or care if it spoiled anything for others. It did not bother me at all but some went to far. Those who have been lifted must regret their actions.

Alex Trager
21-12-2016, 12:29 PM
Fwiw i didn't expect the pitch invasion to be in the DVD and don't think it is missing anything due to that not being in it

Moulin Yarns
21-12-2016, 12:32 PM
The rangers fans were on the pitch before any Hibs fans goaded them so your theory doesn't really stand up to scrutiny.

Utter bollocks! Try watching any of the videos without your green tinted glasses on.

flash
21-12-2016, 12:36 PM
It wasn't so much people going on that tarnished the moment more the fact they stated there for so long. If they had come back off much quicker we may very well have got our laptop of honour.

21-12-2016, 12:37 PM
Utter bollocks! Try watching any of the videos without your green tinted glasses on.

Calm down It's in the official report you lunatic. Huns were on the pitch 11 seconds after the Hibs fans. Unless Usain Bolt has an unhealthy dislike for Rangers fans and a soft spot for the Hibees, I'm not sure how you can say goading led to the rangers fans coming on.

cabbageandribs1875
21-12-2016, 12:38 PM
It wasn't so much people going on that tarnished the moment more the fact they stated there for so long. If they had come back off much quicker we may very well have got our laptop of honour.

the pitch invasion wasn't PC :)

Moulin Yarns
21-12-2016, 12:42 PM
Calm down It's in the official report you lunatic. Huns were on the pitch 11 seconds after the Hibs fans. Unless Usain Bolt has an unhealthy dislike for Rangers fans and a soft spot for the Hibees, I'm not sure how you can say goading led to the rangers fans coming on.

Nice! :rolleyes:

The only lunatics were those that were on the pitch, spoiling it for everyone else, including the players who were denied a traditional lap of honour.

lyonhibs
21-12-2016, 12:47 PM
Agreed. Any other club = no problem. But anyone with a basic understanding, knew there was a big chance the Huns would react. Even today, it beggars belief that the first thing some Hibs idiots thought after 114 years of failure was "let's try wind up some Neanderthals" and expect nothing to happen.

Understand the emotion of the day, but every single Hibs fan who went onto the park knew it was not right, had potential to cause trouble but selfishly did it any way.

:faf::faf:

I wasn't there sadly, and had I been I wouldn't have gone on the pitch (I suspect "head in hands in utter disbelief" would have been my stance) but you're giving an awful lot of credence to the cognitive abilities and levels of self awareness of Hibs fans who'd just seen their team win the SC for the first time in 114 years with a last minute header in front of our end against a detested rival.

I can picture the sort of conversation you seem to think everyone on the pitch had before going on. Our protagonists are Rab and Davie as they hear the final whistle

Rab: "Oh ya belter, we've won the Scottish Cup"
Davie: "Splendid, shall we invade the pitch?"
Rab: "Well I mean, that would be a bit off wouldn't you say old bean" <starts sprinting towards pitch>
Davie "Yes, I guess so and I can easily see that our doing so might goad and torment those good fellows in Blue and get the club a fine, but you know, TALLY HO!!" <sharpens lance and sallies forth>
Rab: "Aye, **** it"

It was simply an outpouring a unbridled, raw and yes, unthinking emotion from the vast, vast majority of those on the pitch and anyone saying otherwise is at it IMO.

People react instinctively in different ways to extreme circumstances. I leapt about like a cat on a hot tin roof, fell to my knees and burst into tears, something I never thought I'd do beforehand, but it's all about being caught up in the moment.

21-12-2016, 12:48 PM

The only lunatics were those that were on the pitch, spoiling it for everyone else, including the players who were denied a traditional lap of honour.

So goading didn't lead to the Rangers fans coming on. Glad we cleared it up.

The pitch invasion spoiled it for everyone? Really? I think you may be talking drivel champ.

cabbageandribs1875
21-12-2016, 12:48 PM

it's utterly bizarre how some football fans don't appear to understand this, possibly what every footballer dreams about

Alex Trager
21-12-2016, 12:56 PM
it's utterly bizarre how some football fans don't appear to understand this, possibly what every footballer dreams about

I'd argue they dream about lifting the cup.

I'd never think 'oh I can't wait to walk round half a pitch'

They seen 150K on the streets the next day.
Hardly dreams shattered.

You imagine lifting a cup. Not walking around the pitch

cabbageandribs1875
21-12-2016, 01:00 PM
I'd argue they dream about lifting the cup.

I'd never think 'oh I can't wait to walk round half a pitch'

They seen 150K on the streets the next day.
Hardly dreams shattered.

You imagine lifting a cup. Not walking around the pitch

so you think 'oh I can't wait to go on a bus ride down Leith walk' different dreams eh

Alex Trager
21-12-2016, 01:01 PM
so you think 'oh I can't wait to go on a bus ride down Leith walk' different dreams eh

Na I think 'oh I can't wait to win the Scottish cup for a club that hasn't won it in 114 years'

Different dreams indeed.

cabbageandribs1875
21-12-2016, 01:05 PM
Na I think 'oh I can't wait to win the Scottish cup for a club that hasn't won it in 114 years'

Different dreams indeed.

so wtf is your point then, you do realise I said 'possibly' yes

Dashing Bob S
21-12-2016, 01:07 PM
Like it not, the pitch invasion and the hysterical police/media reaction was part of that great day, and personally I believe it massively enhanced it.

cabbageandribs1875
21-12-2016, 01:15 PM
Like it not, the pitch invasion and the hysterical police/media reaction was part of that great day, and personally I believe it massively enhanced it.

certainly can't disagree with that

Alex Trager
21-12-2016, 01:23 PM
so wtf is your point then, you do realise I said 'possibly' yes

We seem touchy this afternoon,

My point is, my dream would be to win the cup, not parade it around the pitch.

I don't think that is was ruined by the invasion.

Moulin Yarns
21-12-2016, 01:58 PM

The pitch invasion spoiled it for everyone? Really? I think you may be talking drivel champ.

The official report timeline makes interesting reading.

16.52.14 About 10 to 15 Hibs supporters had arrived at the West end of the pitch in sufficient proximity to the Rangers supporters to commence taunting them.

16.52.22 A number of Rangers supporters began pressing against the gates at the West end of the Stadium.
16.52.25 The first of a number of Rangers supporters came over the walls and ran towards the field of play.
16.52.30 Police Officers intercepted the Rangers supporters who had entered the "D" shaped area of track at the West end and drove them back. The Hibs fans who were on the field of play at the West end continued with their taunts.

16.52.42 The first of a small number of Rangers fans reached the field of play.
16.53.00 Fighting broke out at the West end of the pitch.

Feel free to grovel in your apology. Selective memory is the only way to describe your green tinted view of events.

44 seconds from the first Hibs fan on the pitch to the first Rangers fan making it onto the pitch according to the report

jacomo
21-12-2016, 02:22 PM

I haven't spoken to a single football fan who has criticised the pitch invasion - even Hearts and Rangers fans. After 114 years, most saw it as it was - a few minutes' over-exuberance. Yes a few bams went and goaded the opposition, but they would have been brought under control swiftly had the Rangers not decided to pile on as well.

I strongly suspect that the Rangers would have done the same had they won.

There was no justification for cancelling the lap of honour. We really shouldn't blame our own fans for that.

happiehibbie
21-12-2016, 02:26 PM

Totally agree :flag::aok:

HibbiesandtheBaddies
21-12-2016, 03:10 PM
Best. Video. Ever.......!

HibbiesandtheBaddies
21-12-2016, 03:16 PM

To be honest, at the time I was a wee bit worried that the Mordor hordes would be waiting to pick off the Hibbies that were unfortunate enough to have to go back into town for trains and such.

Seems there weren't too many issues so I've revised my stance to GIRFUT.

Deansy
21-12-2016, 03:22 PM
Well put. Whilst I understand the passion of those who invaded the pitch it was pretty obvious what might happen from the minute it started. As a Hibs fan I was totally embarrassed by it. The aspect that angers me most though is the fact that, after such a long wait, Hibs fans were not able to see the players celebrating with the cup afterwards. That's something that none of us will ever get back.

Nothing could spoil the day for any Hibee but the pitch invasion certainly diminished the occasion for me and many others I'm sure. To show it on the DVD would have been to celebrate that part of the day. That would have been entirely wrong and I would not have bought the DVD in that case.

Hibs have done the right thing here.

Cheeers - saved me all that typing.

snooky
21-12-2016, 03:24 PM

You're out of order DBS. It would have been much more exciting if all those uber fans had stayed on their seats clapping while calling out an occasional "Bravo, chaps. Jolly well done". It's just not cricket.

Oops, wait a minute? :hmmm:

BSEJVT
21-12-2016, 04:01 PM
You're out of order DBS. It would have been much more exciting if all those uber fans had stayed on their seats clapping while calling out an occasional "Bravo, chaps. Jolly well done". It's just not cricket.

Oops, wait a minute? :hmmm:

I have no wish to revisit the should they have shouldn't they have debate as it is now ancient history and I am bored ****less over it, but all I will say is that sadly this thread sadly encapsulates what Hibs Net has increasingly become.

Another example being the Lennon thread

There is absolutely nothing wrong with two people have entirely different viewpoints as long as they are honestly held.

There is nothing wrong either with these folk debating the point to their hearts are content or they get bored doing so.

There is nothing wrong with them deciding that they cant agree with the others viewpoint and they will just need to disagree.

What is boring the tits of me is the childish playground squabbling and name calling that is increasingly prevalent on such threads.

If I read happy clapper or bedwetter again I think I will just give it all up.

Someone disagrees with you, get over it

Argue your corner and if it is getting you nowhere move on

You must have better things to do?

At its best Hibs Net is a great place to debate alternative points of view of various aspects of the team / club with fellow supporters.

At its worst its like being a playground monitor at a nursery school as toddlers squabble over their favourite blanket with no sense of reason or proportionate response.

blackpoolhibs
21-12-2016, 04:25 PM
I have the DVD ripped to a usb stick, with the pitch invasion also there. I loved the invasion, it made the day even better for me.

I was not on the park, but watching it unfold was a thing of beauty. :top marks

Viva_Palmeiras
21-12-2016, 05:16 PM

The narrative was stolen by the media. I cannot recall at the time a comment on the media that came from a Hibs fan it was all spoiled and tarnished without even asking those concerned.

After 114 to sit and celebrate as if it was the usual just wouldn't have sat (no pun intended) right. The outpouring of joy spilling onto the pitch to be as one with the team makes sense to me - although I didn't venture down I completely understand why others did.

That said the criminal shenanigans has no place and should be rightly condemned.

ancient hibee
21-12-2016, 05:25 PM
The narrative was stolen by the media. I cannot recall at the time a comment on the media that came from a Hibs fan it was all spoiled and tarnished without even asking those concerned.

After 114 to sit and celebrate as if it was the usual just wouldn't have sat (no pun intended) right. The outpouring of joy spilling onto the pitch to be as one with the team makes sense to me - although I didn't venture down I completely understand why others did.

That said the criminal shenanigans has no place and should be rightly condemned.

Also agree that it was understandable at first.What was a pain was the number over the next ten minutes who decided to take a stroll on the park and then wouldn't get off despite the increasing chants of off,off from the stands and held up the presentation.As someone who has probably been to more losing finals than 99% of.net members and therefore has had my nose rubbed in it frequently I was really looking forward to Rangers skulking up to get their losers medals (especially given how we were cheated out of a last minute penalty in 1979)so that was a great disappointment.

Steve-O
22-12-2016, 08:01 AM
I have to agree with this .... The cup final DVD is good, very very good actually ...... but the only down side to it is the absence of any coverage of the pitch invasion, it was an explosion of joy spoiled by the reaction to it of the knuckle draggers and IMO it should have been included ... it was epic.

Agreed.

Moulin Yarns
22-12-2016, 08:20 AM

I'm still waiting on the apology. I wasn't talking drivel, it is in the official report that the Rangers fans didn't come onto the pitch until AFTER the goading. You are the one that first mentioned the report, which proves that you are wrong, and calling me a lunatic is worth an apology.

pacoluna
22-12-2016, 08:40 AM
I'm still waiting on the apology. I wasn't talking drivel, it is in the official report that the Rangers fans didn't come onto the pitch until AFTER the goading. You are the one that first mentioned the report, which proves that you are wrong, and calling me a lunatic is worth an apology.
would you describe us supporters who ran on the pitch and have no regrets as apologists? just a query

Oscar T Grouch
22-12-2016, 09:00 AM

This, the DVD could not be improved, it should win an oscar for the best documentary of 2016. It is perfect.

Craig_in_Prague
22-12-2016, 10:45 AM
Next WED me and the DVD have a date!
Free house, me, the DVD and plenty beer.
Roll on!

JimBHibees
22-12-2016, 10:46 AM
Roll on!

You wont be disappointed it is brilliant.

itslegaltender
22-12-2016, 10:55 AM
Roll on!

im the same mate, DVD from Santa, everyone out the house on the 27th.

Itsnoteasy
22-12-2016, 11:22 AM
Roll on!

Dinnae forget the paper hankies.

Lago
22-12-2016, 12:20 PM

They would say that, wouldn't they.

Lago
22-12-2016, 12:24 PM
:top marks
I have no wish to revisit the should they have shouldn't they have debate as it is now ancient history and I am bored ****less over it, but all I will say is that sadly this thread sadly encapsulates what Hibs Net has increasingly become.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with two people have entirely different viewpoints as long as they are honestly held.

There is nothing wrong either with these folk debating the point to their hearts are content or they get bored doing so.

There is nothing wrong with them deciding that they cant agree with the others viewpoint and they will just need to disagree.

What is boring the tits of me is the childish playground squabbling and name calling that is increasingly prevalent on such threads.

At its best Hibs Net is a great place to debate alternative points of view of various aspects of the team / club with fellow supporters.

At its worst its like being a playground monitor at a nursery school as toddlers squabble over their favourite blanket with no sense of reason or proportionate response.

southsider
22-12-2016, 12:30 PM
This, the DVD could not be improved, it should win an oscar for the best documentary of 2016. It is perfect.
Aye, Jason is so funny. SJM & Liam were brilliant. Conrad spoke from the heart and brilliant stuff from others about the game, the club and the fans. I watch at least part of it most nights after my mrs goes to bed. 2 or 3 beers and a cheeky we vody and the DVD. Perfect.

Scouse Hibee
22-12-2016, 02:46 PM
Will watch the DVD over the Christmas period. I never went on the pitch but being able to witness the euphoria of those that did from my seat was just amazing.

Moulin Yarns
27-12-2016, 10:21 AM

The official report timeline makes interesting reading.

Feel free to grovel in your apology. Selective memory is the only way to describe your green tinted view of events.

44 seconds from the first Hibs fan on the pitch to the first Rangers fan making it onto the pitch according to the report

A wee reminder to St David Gray, when you called me lunatic and then backed up your claim by telling me it was in the official report, you were wrong, totally wrong and need to man up and make an apology.

In case you haven't read the report recently, the one you claimed supports your green tinted opinion, then here it is for you to read before going back to school

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/resources/documents/Documents/ScottishCupFinal2016Report/Scottish%20Cup%20Final%202016%20Commission%20of%20 Enquiry%20-%20Report%20of%20SP%20Bowen.pdf

lyonhibs
27-12-2016, 10:45 AM
A wee reminder to St David Gray, when you called me lunatic and then backed up your claim by telling me it was in the official report, you were wrong, totally wrong and need to man up and make an apology.

In case you haven't read the report recently, the one you claimed supports your green tinted opinion, then here it is for you to read before going back to school

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/resources/documents/Documents/ScottishCupFinal2016Report/Scottish%20Cup%20Final%202016%20Commission%20of%20 Enquiry%20-%20Report%20of%20SP%20Bowen.pdf

Methinks she doth protest too much.

It's an online messageboard. Most probably you'll never meet the aforementioned poster in your puff, chill out.

sleeping giant
27-12-2016, 10:50 AM
Just to be clear. The pitch invasion spoiled nothing for me.

The amount of folk I meet who say "aye but the scenes at the end....."

Absolute magnificent scenes of pure and utter joy. Loved it and don't tire of telling folk.

AndyB_70
27-12-2016, 11:03 AM
I've not read all the posts but here is my tuppence worth. Not having the players on the pitch took something away from the occasion for me. No problem with folk going onto the pitch but why did those who did hang around for so freaking long? What were you waiting for? I was concerned that the police might not let us see the cup get lifted. There was one idiot that was intent on trying to shake the hands of each officer lined up across the pitch and had to be removed eventually.
I'm glad it's not in the DVD.

tamig
27-12-2016, 11:23 AM

Exactly. I've got it captured and not one of them was on the pitch until some of our erses started prancing about in front of them.

Lago
27-12-2016, 11:37 AM
Got the DVD as a christmas present from my son & it is just PERFECT! Totally agree with the decision not to show the crowd invasion as it would have had glimpses of goal post, hoardings etc being vandalised, not what I want to see.

PatHead
27-12-2016, 11:54 AM
Can we not talk about the DVD which is fantastic. The pitch invasion has been done to death.

Dashing Bob S
27-12-2016, 12:17 PM
I think the pitch invasion should have been shown on the DVD. Also, the piteous bleatings of the commentators and pundits. They enhanced the experience for me considerably. At least stick them in under extras in future editions.

AFKA5814_Hibs
27-12-2016, 11:28 PM
Just finished watching dvd1 and think it appreciates exactly what I experienced that weekend. No need to show any pitch invasions. I think it was classier to show it as it was. 👍

27-12-2016, 11:35 PM

Holy **** you forget about a thread and suddenly you are the target of someone out of the shining. The 11 second thing came from here. It appears to have been a myth. As for apologising for calling you a lunatic, your behaviour since my last post seems to have proven my point. In your next reply, can you let me know if I need to get a restraining order?

AFKA5814_Hibs
27-12-2016, 11:38 PM
Just finished watching dvd1 and think it appreciates exactly what I experienced that weekend. No need to show any pitch invasions. I think it was classier to show it as it was. 👍

Glory Lurker
28-12-2016, 06:17 AM
It gave Hibs a long, drawn out and expensive headache they didn't need at all when they should have been able to enjoy the feeling they'd earned along with the rest of us. I don't blame them for omitting it.

:agree: 100%

How did the thread go any further than this?

One Day
28-12-2016, 08:27 AM

I agree with all that you said.

Moulin Yarns
28-12-2016, 10:00 AM
I've watched the first half so far. Not a bad game, in the balance, I reckon whoever scores next will win it. :wink:

lyonhibs
28-12-2016, 10:07 AM
I've watched the first half so far. Not a bad game, in the balance, I reckon whoever scores next will win it. :wink:

I bet those spawny Huns nick it with a thunderbolt 😭😭

Brizo
28-12-2016, 11:44 AM
Footage of the pitch invasion would only have been used by Polis Weedge to knick a few more of our own. And how would those knicked who were then found not guilty feel if they had been put through all that trauma at the hands of their own club ? Footage of it would also have been deliberately misconstrued by TRFC and their hordes of media chums as us " glorying" in it. So in my view, club did the right thing.

If people want to talk about a "whitewash" the scottish medias one of (T)RFCs riot in Manchester would take some beating.

CropleyWasGod
28-12-2016, 12:16 PM
Footage of the pitch invasion would only have been used by Polis Weedge to knick a few more of our own. And how would those knicked who were then found not guilty feel if they had been put through all that trauma at the hands of their own club ? Footage of it would also have been deliberately misconstrued by TRFC and their hordes of media chums as us " glorying" in it. So in my view, club did the right thing.

If people want to talk about a "whitewash" the scottish medias one of (T)RFCs riot in Manchester would take some beating.
The Police already have all that footage, so it wouldn't have made a difference.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Super_JMcGinn
28-12-2016, 01:45 PM
would you describe us supporters who ran on the pitch and have no regrets as apologists? just a query

I would describe you as very selfish at least.

The players and their families were deprived of enjoying so many magical moments on the pitch instead of being huddled in the tunnel and the dressing room.

The fans were deprived of seeing their heroes on the podium singing and dancing.

We were all deprived of The Rangers players and officials interviews ( particularly the bread man )

I look back on it and I too think it was a great sight, but in hindsight I wish it hadn't happened. How anyone can not find a tinge of regret for the afore mentioned reasons alone is beyond me.

Smartie
28-12-2016, 01:56 PM
I would describe you as very selfish at least.

The players and their families were deprived of enjoying so many magical moments on the pitch instead of being huddled in the tunnel and the dressing room.

The fans were deprived of seeing their heroes on the podium singing and dancing.

We were all deprived of The Rangers players and officials interviews ( particularly the bread man )

I look back on it and I too think it was a great sight, but in hindsight I wish it hadn't happened. How anyone can not find a tinge of regret for the afore mentioned reasons alone is beyond me.

Life's too short for regrets.

Up until May I'd have taken any Scottish Cup win under any circumstances and I'd often wondered what I'd actually do if we won it.

What happened happened, but it's now part of the cup win whether we like it or not. Hibs were correct to leave it off the DVD and it's a shame that so many people feel they were deprived of something.

But there is a big part of me that thinks some of our own fans are falling for the Rangers/ Scottish media's line. There was no good reason why the presentation or parading of the cup could not have ahead.