PDA

View Full Version : Oli Shaw

Ozyhibby
20-12-2016, 03:32 PM
Another hat-trick today. Can't be far away from time to give him a chance?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Onceinawhile
20-12-2016, 04:21 PM

Can't do anything til January though as he's on loan at stenhousemuir

Wilson
20-12-2016, 04:40 PM
Can't do anything til January though as he's on loan at stenhousemuir

Stenhousmuir play tonight. A game with them would have been a better indicator of his progress. Plenty have scored for fun at development level and failed to make the step up...

indiejak1413
20-12-2016, 04:53 PM
He was brilliant today. If there's 1 criticism , he should have scored more. In fact the whole team played well tbh.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

ancient hibee
20-12-2016, 06:22 PM
Stenhousmuir play tonight. A game with them would have been a better indicator of his progress. Plenty have scored for fun at development level and failed to make the step up...

Disappointing that Stenhousemuir didn't want to play him(presumably).

wookie70
20-12-2016, 06:33 PM
Looks like Brendan R trusts youth. Young Calvin Millar starting on the back of good U20 performances for Celtic. He talked about giving youth a chance and it being part of his responsibilities. Choose the right games etc. I hope our boss was listening as it would be great to see some of the kids making the step up.

Danderhall Hibs
20-12-2016, 06:34 PM
Disappointing that Stenhousemuir didn't want to play him(presumably).

Does anyone know why? Do we have first dibs on him or do they?

Would have thought it'd be more beneficial for him to play against men rather than boys.

Brightside
20-12-2016, 06:35 PM

Its opportunities created... he gets about 7/8 clear chances. We aren't creating real chances for strikers at the moment.

Brightside
20-12-2016, 06:36 PM
Does anyone know why? Do we have first dibs on him or do they?

Would have thought it'd be more beneficial for him to play against men rather than boys.

We have first dibs... he plays for them when he is free from Dev games.

Billy Whizz
20-12-2016, 06:39 PM

Came on as a sub on Saturday I think. Big Lewis Allan had been a great help for him upfront, last few weeks for the 20's

Blaster
20-12-2016, 06:44 PM
Looks like Brendan R trusts youth. Young Calvin Millar starting on the back of good U20 performances for Celtic. He talked about giving youth a chance and it being part of his responsibilities. Choose the right games etc. I hope our boss was listening as it would be great to see some of the kids making the step up.

Bit easier when so far in front and the pressure is off.

offshorehibby
20-12-2016, 07:02 PM
Does the development loan not mean his loan club get him on the Saturday and he playsfor the U20's during the week

ancient hibee
20-12-2016, 07:43 PM

Wrong way round in my opinion and a wasted opportunity.You would think that if a player is sent to a senior club to expand his development squad experience then they should have first pick.

B.H.F.C
20-12-2016, 08:58 PM

Aye it's a bit easier to trust youth when it's not even Christmas and the league is won though.

wookie70
20-12-2016, 09:51 PM
Aye it's a bit easier to trust youth when it's not even Christmas and the league is won though.

It is easier but Rodgers talked about youngsters and his responsibility to bring them through. Often the Celtic youngster look decent in games and to be honest Martin has been fine in the games I have seen. Not the best time to bring them in but they really haven't had a look in.

Andy74
20-12-2016, 09:56 PM
It is easier but Rodgers talked about youngsters and his responsibility to bring them through. Often the Celtic youngster look decent in games and to be honest Martin has been fine in the games I have seen. Not the best time to bring them in but they really haven't had a look in.

Totally different. The list of things to criticise Lennon about is getting a bit tiresome.

wookie70
20-12-2016, 10:41 PM
I like Scott Martin and would like him to get a chance. Not seen much of Shaw but I would hope Lennon could find a way of getting the youngsters involved even if it was for 10 minutes at the end of a game we were doing well. I appreciate it is easier when you are under less pressure but Celtic will want to go all year unbeaten or possibly get record points, so they have something to lose. They are also not pumping teams week in week out and they seem to think playing well in U20s is an indicator you may be ready for a step up. I don't think I am being critical in hoping Lennon gives some of the youngsters a chance. I would understand if he didn't and there are good reasons why it could be deemed a risk but it would be great to see some of them make the breakthrough.

Big L
20-12-2016, 11:51 PM
Surely not a risk when your 2-0 up at home to Dumbarton. Crane and Martin were ready to come on, Lennon didn't put them on, missed opportunity IMO.

HoboHarry
20-12-2016, 11:59 PM
Aye lets play a fairly lightweight young laddie against some of the cloggers we have in this division. I mean we've never seen a bright prospect of ours get lumps kicked out of him before have we?

:rolleyes:

Unseen work
21-12-2016, 12:33 AM
I'm starting to think Lennon is trying to protect them a bit.

There seems to be a nervous energy round Easter road at the minute

With most fans screaming for Crane and Martin to be put into the starting 11, especially if we were to drop Stevenson it would be a big statement.

The fans would expect these boys to be excellent and make a difference.

Maybe he is waiting till we are in the clear a bit and the energy surrounding us isn't so nervy?

The Leith Dutch
21-12-2016, 04:00 AM
Its opportunities created... he gets about 7/8 clear chances. We aren't creating real chances for strikers at the moment.

This.

If we were to add any strikers the only thing I'd add is someone who can do what Griffiths does and score goals out of nothing.
Needs a better final ball and better movement of other players to make that better final ball easier to make.