PDA

View Full Version : It's at Tynie...

green with envy
20-12-2016, 12:34 PM
THE William Hill Scottish Cup fourth-round tie between Bonnyrigg Rose and Hibs will be played at Tynecastle on Saturday, January 21 with a 3.00pm kick-off, the SFA confirmed today.

The Junior outfit, whose New Dundas Park ground has a capacity of around 1500, were keen to maximum revenue from the game with the cup holders and, following recent discussions with Hearts, the match will now go ahead at the home of the Hibees’ arch-rivals.

skyhibs
20-12-2016, 12:43 PM
I am stuck at work that day. GRRRRRRRRRRRRR

erin go bragh
20-12-2016, 12:43 PM
Good , now lets sell it out and give they Hearts loving bums a fine rendition of "when Hibs went up to lift the Scottish cup , we were there ." On the way to knocking them out .

Billy Whizz
20-12-2016, 12:51 PM
Great news, but going to be an expensive January, away to Dumbarton, Bonnyrigg and Queens on consecutive weeks

Baldy Foghorn
20-12-2016, 01:01 PM
Great news, but going to be an expensive January, away to Dumbarton, Bonnyrigg and Queens on consecutive weeks

C'mon, you are minted:wink:

jacomo
20-12-2016, 01:01 PM
Wonder if many East of Scotland Scottish Cup fans will be in attendance?

California-Hibs
20-12-2016, 01:02 PM
When the HIBS!.....went UP!......To lift the SCOTTISH CUP...We were there! We were THERE!!!

Billy Whizz
20-12-2016, 01:04 PM
C'mon, you are minted:wink:

Wish I was😂

Smartie
20-12-2016, 01:10 PM
It would be nice if we were able to parade the beautiful, green-ribboned trophy one final time around Tynecastle.

Has the tour made it as far as Gorgie at any point?

CropleyisGod
20-12-2016, 01:43 PM
It would be nice if we were able to parade the beautiful, green-ribboned trophy one final time around Tynecastle.

I know I will be (rightly) slated but this has all the makings of the biggest banana skin in the history of banana skins...

scooby
20-12-2016, 01:47 PM
I know I will be (rightly) slated but this has all the makings of the biggest banana skin in the history of banana skins...

I was just thinking exactly the same.....

Leith's finest
20-12-2016, 01:49 PM
The cup has been in the bmc club in gorgie

Smartie
20-12-2016, 01:50 PM

I was actually thinking exactly the same.

We're not great at sidestepping banana skins you can see from a mile off.

lucky
20-12-2016, 02:04 PM
Good , now lets sell it out and give they Hearts loving bums a fine rendition of "when Hibs went up to lift the Scottish cup , we were there ." On the way to knocking them out .

Do you really expect this to sell out? I'd be surprised if there was 10000 there.

lyonhibs
20-12-2016, 02:04 PM
One hopes for HC's sanity that away ST holders get awarded the prime seats, wherever they are to be found in that slum :greengrin

Jim44
20-12-2016, 02:15 PM

A banana skin is only dangerous if you're stupid enough to stand on it. Even as one of the resident bedwetters, I think this match will be a formality. :flag:

Waxy
20-12-2016, 02:16 PM

If its still 0-0 in the last 20 mins the bowels will start to rumble.

southern hibby
20-12-2016, 02:19 PM

Now that would be amazing watching it get paraded at tynie with green and white ribbons all over it. Please Santa let this happen

GGTTH

lugz
20-12-2016, 03:40 PM
We should be taking big numbers along to this game, it's the first match in defence of OUR trophy. Tynie isn't far away at all and I'm sure tickets will be reasonably priced.

That lot from across the city will hate us being there rejoicing in our glory that they were in a perfect position to stop from happening.

erin go bragh
20-12-2016, 04:20 PM
Do you really expect this to sell out? I'd be surprised if there was 10000 there.

Our first defence of the cup . The tie should be reasonably priced . We have 11k plus season ticket holders and the game is in Edinburgh. Don't see why we can't sell it out . I don't take the kids to the PBS but I will for this one .( I'll just warn them not to touch anything:)

where'stheslope
20-12-2016, 04:20 PM
Hearts will be rejoicing at the game being played there, and will hope for a sell out, it will be more money towards their new stand!!!

lugz
20-12-2016, 04:24 PM
By the looks of kickback a few of them are planning on going. If roles were reversed I would be no where near ER.

SteveHFC
20-12-2016, 04:24 PM
By the looks of kickback a few of them are planning on going. If roles were reversed I would be no where near ER.

They just want to watch the Scottish Cup Holders.

Hibee87
20-12-2016, 04:29 PM
Hearts will be rejoicing at the game being played there, and will hope for a sell out, it will be more money towards their new stand!!! Pretty sure hearts get a set sum for the use of thier stadium. Gate receipts are split between the teams paying

Blaster
20-12-2016, 04:44 PM
Pretty sure hearts get a set sum for the use of thier stadium. Gate receipts are split between the teams paying

From Bonnyriggs share I believe

mim
20-12-2016, 04:50 PM
Is Tynecastle big enough for this game?? :na na:

tartanhibee
20-12-2016, 04:56 PM
We will have had more cup games at tynecastle in the last year than they have 😂

GreenCastle
20-12-2016, 04:57 PM
Yes banana skin but surely we have enough to win!

I could see us selling this out - Scottish cup party at Tynie - it has endless possibilities of what the fans can come up with..

Just be wary - new stand or not the existing stands are still a dump and the steps are a death trap when wet in the wheatfield.

Scouse Hibee
20-12-2016, 05:38 PM
Plenty of jambos going to this game.

Baldy Foghorn
20-12-2016, 05:45 PM

Saddos

Dashing Bob S
20-12-2016, 05:50 PM

Therein lies the difference. If Hearts were playing Bonnyrigg Rose in a cup tie at ER, I would rather visit a much-hated neighbor convicted of sex offences on the beast's wing in Saughton, than go to that game.

Albanian Hibs
20-12-2016, 05:52 PM

How sad. I would never go to Easter road to watch them in a cup game that we were not involved in. Their obsession goes on....

Broken Gnome
20-12-2016, 07:15 PM
Cast your mind back to Year X of the drought - was it really plausible to think that when we finally won it, you wouldn't have wanted to attend the first game of our defence?

And now we have pretty much unlimited seats and get to lord it round Tynecastle. At 3pm on a Saturday no less. Tis perfect.

Green Diet
20-12-2016, 07:20 PM
How will they split the stadium up with the fans?

Keith_M
20-12-2016, 07:24 PM

Pickaxes?

:dunno:

Billy Whizz

I'm presuming they do similar to the Hibs v St Johnstone semi last season. Roseburn for the Rose, rest for Hibs?

Aldo

You will indeed. Why o why would you post this!!

Banana skin [emoji38]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since90+2
20-12-2016, 07:26 PM

Would guess Bonnyrigg would get the Roseburn and us the other stands. Think the Roseburn holds about 3500 which should be plenty for them.

Also means they can stop fans mixing after the game if they think it will be required.

Jonnyboy
20-12-2016, 07:35 PM
Saddos

Dunno about that, B. They sure have deep pockets to fall for the Budgie's Debenture scheme AND give money to Hibs via gate receipts :wink:

Baldy Foghorn
20-12-2016, 07:58 PM
Dunno about that, B. They sure have deep pockets to fall for the Budgie's Debenture scheme AND give money to Hibs via gate receipts :wink:

Ah, good point, where do they find the cash?:greengrin

Jonnyboy
20-12-2016, 08:10 PM
Ah, good point, where do they find the cash?:greengrin

Selling poppies? :greengrin

Baldy Foghorn
20-12-2016, 08:14 PM
Selling poppies? :greengrin

:faf::faf:

Sir David Gray
20-12-2016, 09:12 PM

It all depends how many tickets Bonnyrigg allow us to have.

As the away team, we're technically only entitled to 20% of the stadium capacity, which amounts to around 3,500 tickets.

If Bonnyrigg happen to attract an extra 12,000 fans for this match (all from the Gorgie area) which wouldn't overly surprise me, then they might be able to restrict us to the minimal amount of tickets.

If we're given the option of buying around 13,000 tickets then the match will sell out.

inglisavhibs
20-12-2016, 09:17 PM

Bonnyrigg will sell out the Roseburn and I would expect Hibs to sell more than 6400! It is our first Scottish Cup Tie after the greatest day in our history and i think their will be a big demand.

Nakedmanoncrack
20-12-2016, 09:56 PM

Agreed, I'll be pleasantly surprised if we get anywhere near selling out, even the semi at Tynecastle last season didn't sell out until last few days. It's an away game & lots of Hibs fans simply won't go to games at that place.

GreenCastle
20-12-2016, 10:14 PM
Agreed, I'll be pleasantly surprised if we get anywhere near selling out, even the semi at Tynecastle last season didn't sell out until last few days. It's an away game & lots of Hibs fans simply won't go to games at that place.

Eh?

We sold out both our last visits to the PBS.

Both were semi finals and this is against some part timers in an early stage but it should be a good occasion and the start of our defence to retain the cup.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
20-12-2016, 10:20 PM
Sell 50 tickets to 5win3castle and do a Hibs TV beamback to Easter Road.

Get them hertz lovin fandans tae ****. I'd like to see a cricket score here.

macca70
20-12-2016, 10:26 PM
Perfect for us to end a glorious year of partying at that hole, the grand finale party - '2-0 and you ducked it up, 2-0 and you ducked it up......'

Plus the stands are closer to the pitch so it'll be easier for the FT pitch invasion.

macca70
20-12-2016, 10:28 PM
Are Cup gate receipts split 50/50? if so, the more jambos that are there the better. They pay us for the privilege of us to mock them about chucking a 2-0 lead with 10 mins to go.

Hi Heid Yin
21-12-2016, 12:09 AM
Don't believe for a second that more than a handful of Jambo numpties will dare attend this match.
They are simply telling themselves and us this to fool or convince everyone that it is their numbers which swelled any high Hibs attendance.
They are still greeting and bleating that we recorded the highest attendance at their sacred ground last season against St. Johnstone in the cup. The fact that we recorded the highest attendances in Edinburgh last season (both at ER and Tynie) hurts them BIG time....That and those last 10 minutes at Tynie, the replay at ER and of course, witnessing us going on to lift the BIG cup!!

MWHIBBIES
21-12-2016, 02:09 AM
Sell 50 tickets to 5win3castle and do a Hibs TV beamback to Easter Road.

Get them hertz lovin fandans tae ****. I'd like to see a cricket score here.
Or just go to the game? Beamback:faf:

northstandhibby
21-12-2016, 08:05 AM
Eh?

We sold out both our last visits to the PBS.

Both were semi finals and this is against some part timers in an early stage but it should be a good occasion and the start of our defence to retain the cup.

If it's a decent price with walk up gates open then it could be a very decent crowd. I would estimate around 12-14 000. It's a brilliant game for us against a side we should beat comfortably and close to home.

0-7 would do me!!!

NZ Green
21-12-2016, 08:21 AM
Hearts will be rejoicing at the game being played there, and will hope for a sell out, it will be more money towards their new stand!!!
Yeah, I wonder how they feel about us helping fund their new stadium. I think there should be at least one green seat there so they remember who helped pay for it...I guess maybe the money can go towards paying for the nice new green turf ;)

green with envy
21-12-2016, 10:38 AM
It now seems that Hibs fan will occupy the The Wheatfield stand and Bonnyrigg Rose will be given the chance to fill both stands behind the goals.

The main stand is expected to be out of use to spectators due to the ongoing works.

Mikey09
21-12-2016, 10:58 AM

No it wont. They will get a set rental fee. The gate receipts are split between The Rose and Hibs, after deducting costs. But Dinnae let that stop you getting all excited...

mim
21-12-2016, 11:19 AM
It now seems that Hibs fan will occupy the The Wheatfield stand and Bonnyrigg Rose will be given the chance to fill both stands behind the goals.

The main stand is expected to be out of use to spectators due to the ongoing works.

If that's true, there will be an unholy scramble for tickets. The Wheatfield only holds 6000. :confused:

BoomtownHibees
21-12-2016, 11:21 AM

Where did you see that?

Baldy Foghorn
21-12-2016, 11:24 AM
If that's true, there will be an unholy scramble for tickets. The Wheatfield only holds 6000. :confused:

No chance Rose will get both Stands

Moulin Yarns
21-12-2016, 11:28 AM

Looks like it comes from an 'Evening News Understands' story.

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/bonnyrigg-boss-glad-to-have-hibs-tie-switched-to-tynecastle-1-4322709

More like they will get to choose what end they get. It also suggests the main stand is out of use due to the development, so that means for the rest of the season.

green with envy
21-12-2016, 11:29 AM

Don't shoot the messenger...

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/bonnyrigg-boss-glad-to-have-hibs-tie-switched-to-tynecastle-1-4322709

Baldy Foghorn
21-12-2016, 11:40 AM
Don't shoot the messenger...

That's mental, think this will be a yam fest if true

GreenCastle
21-12-2016, 11:48 AM
Hearts main stand out of action ? Convienient..

The stand is a death trap but I'm sure they have this master plan to keep it open for the rest of the season while they find the money to build it.

Hibs will easily fill Wheatfield.

The pub team 2 will probably fill the Roseburn - I would give Hibs the other end also.

Billy Whizz
21-12-2016, 11:51 AM
That's mental, think this will be a yam fest if true

As long as they can sell them, as they need the Revenue

blackpoolhibs
21-12-2016, 08:38 PM
There's nothing to stop Hibs fans buying tickets for behind both goals, i cant see there being many on the Bonnyrigg database. :greengrin

Mr White
21-12-2016, 08:43 PM
There's nothing to stop Hibs fans buying tickets for behind both goals, i cant see there being many on the Bonnyrigg database. :greengrin

That sounds like a list that might require an evening curfew and an electronic tag :greengrin

lugz
21-12-2016, 09:18 PM
Giving us one stand is a dangerous game to play. It'll lead to people buying tickets in beside rose/hearts fans and with a 3pm k.o there is a huge possibility for trouble when our fans don't hide their allegiance.

Sir David Gray
21-12-2016, 09:33 PM
As I mentioned last night, as the away team we're only entitled to 3,500 tickets for this game so getting the Wheatfield Stand would actually be quite a lot more than the minimum number we need to get.

There's every chance a number of Hearts fans will fancy this knowing their history of attending our games so we may well be restricted to one stand.

green day
21-12-2016, 09:45 PM
Giving us one stand is a dangerous game to play. It'll lead to people buying tickets in beside rose/hearts fans and with a 3pm k.o there is a huge possibility for trouble when our fans don't hide their allegiance.

Won't be a question of hiding allegiance, I imagine hibs fans will wear colours regardless of where they get a ticket - it's not likely bonnyrigg fans will cause bother.

Of course, if daft Jambo's turn up then it's a different ball game.

Could be interesting - and remember, we ain't the home team, or the stadium operator, so wont be us that get the grief when it all kicks off.

Daft decision only to give us one stand, really stupid.

Smartie
21-12-2016, 10:07 PM
Won't be a question of hiding allegiance, I imagine hibs fans will wear colours regardless of where they get a ticket - it's not likely bonnyrigg fans will cause bother.

Of course, if daft Jambo's turn up then it's a different ball game.

Could be interesting - and remember, we ain't the home team, or the stadium operator, so wont be us that get the grief when it all kicks off.

Daft decision only to give us one stand, really stupid.

So....if......there's......a........pitch........i nvasion..............

wookie70
21-12-2016, 10:33 PM
Having been to a few Bonnyrigg Games there will be a good few of them in full party mode. Might be interesting as there will now definitely be Hibs fans behind the goals. I help coach one of their kids teams so have slightly mixed allegiances and my lad will no doubt be given the chance of a Bonnyrigg tickets. I'm hoping for a couple of Wheatfield Tickets and a double figure scoreline in the Hibs favour. The whole town is rammed with Jambos.

BoomtownHibees
21-12-2016, 10:38 PM
The whole town is rammed with Jambos.

It really isn't. There's as many Hibs fans and also as many Celtc and The Rangers as well. Let's stop trying to make this in to something it isn't

erin go bragh
21-12-2016, 11:06 PM
It really isn't. There's as many Hibs fans and also as many Celtc and The Rangers as well. Let's stop trying to make this in to something it isn't

Correct . Loads of Hibs fans in Bonnyrigg.

Capt Mainwaring
22-12-2016, 12:09 AM
Having been to a few Bonnyrigg Games there will be a good few of them in full party mode. Might be interesting as there will now definitely be Hibs fans behind the goals. I help coach one of their kids teams so have slightly mixed allegiances and my lad will no doubt be given the chance of a Bonnyrigg tickets. I'm hoping for a couple of Wheatfield Tickets and a double figure scoreline in the Hibs favour. The whole town is rammed with Jambos.

That's pish - Bonnyrigg is a pretty even spilt with Hibs and Hearts fans. Both sets of supporters mix easily when supporting the local team because both want Bonnyrigg to do well. Stop trying to set up an Agenda that isn't there.

wookie70
22-12-2016, 12:31 AM
That's pish - Bonnyrigg is a pretty even spilt with Hibs and Hearts fans. Both sets of supporters mix easily when supporting the local team because both want Bonnyrigg to do well. Stop trying to set up an Agenda that isn't there.

Perhaps the people I know are not representative of the whole town. Loads of the guys doing coaching and the bairns that play and their parents are Jambos. Way more than there are Hibbys anyway.

I was up at Turriff supporting the Rose and have been to a few games here and there. They are a great wee club but they, like every club, have a good few fans that like a fair scoop on match days. Given this is perhaps the biggest game in their history and we are defending the cup I suspect there will be more than a few bevvies drunk. With Hibs just getting the Wheatfield it pretty much guarantees that some fans will be mixed so I hope the lagered up fans find their way to different stands . I certainly don't want any bother as I will be trying to get tickets for me and my kids in the Wheatfield. If push comes to shove I'll go behind the goals but with the chance of lots of "neutrals" being there too I'd much prefer the Hibs end. Hope its a good day out for all but also hope Hibs win very comfortably.

jgl07
22-12-2016, 12:42 AM
I thought that Bonnyrigg was full of alien invaders. It is the UFO capital of the world.

http://www.hibs.net/archive/index.php/t-167543.html

Moulin Yarns
22-12-2016, 06:47 AM
I thought that Bonnyrigg was full of alien invaders. It is the UFO capital of the world.

http://www.hibs.net/archive/index.php/t-167543.html

Bonnyrigg? Bonnybridge, only 39 miles difference

ihibs7
22-12-2016, 10:50 AM

Couldn't agree more. On my trips to ndp there's always plenty of hibbies who are local. Bonnyrigg people are passionate about their team and have taken big crowds to junior cup semis and finals in the past.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keith_M
22-12-2016, 11:13 AM
I'm not sure if it still exists but there used to be a Hibs Supporters Club in Bonnyrigg (Bonnyrigg and Dalkeith SC?)

There are definitely a LOT of Hibbies in the town

Bristolhibby
22-12-2016, 11:54 AM
Are BR really going to fill both ends of Tynie?

I'd have thought one end for them and Wheatfield and another end for us?

J

Capt Mainwaring
22-12-2016, 09:50 PM
Are BR really going to fill both ends of Tynie?

I'd have thought one end for them and Wheatfield and another end for us?

J

I think both ends will be pushing it but can see Bonnyrigg bringing 3000+. Biggest game in their history and everyone connected with the Rose friends and families will be there.

When Whitehill Welfare from Rosewell just up the road played Celtic at Easter Road in 97/98? they filled the whole South Stand. Bonnyrigg much bigger

As a Bonnyrigg Hibee I hope it's a great day - but business is business and there a SC to defend 👍