PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: TV FIXTURE CONFIRMED

RSS Bot
19-12-2016, 03:30 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/7096)

Michael
19-12-2016, 03:33 PM
Damn it!

3pm
19-12-2016, 03:40 PM
Could have been worse.

Since90+2
19-12-2016, 03:41 PM
Town will be busy that night. Scotland v Wales egg chasing is on at Murrayfield that afternoon as well.

GreenNWhiteArmy
19-12-2016, 04:02 PM
Don't mind when the games are shifted for Davie Alaba. We know it's either gonna be a Fri or Sat night - unlike Sky or BT who tend to be early kicks off which are utter dung imo

Sergey
19-12-2016, 04:06 PM
Does anyone know what the remuneration package is if a match is shown on ALBA?

MWHIBBIES
19-12-2016, 04:10 PM
Not so bad

J-C
19-12-2016, 04:26 PM
Probably 1st home game I'll miss, not missing 5-7pm on a saturday, especially when there's rugby folk in town also.

DH1875
19-12-2016, 04:55 PM
Can Alba not only show one home game this season? If so, strange that they've picked this one.

spudhib
19-12-2016, 05:11 PM
Can Alba not only show one home game this season? If so, strange that they've picked this one.

Nah Dundee Utd game on 6th January also on alba bud.

O'Rourke3
19-12-2016, 05:34 PM

Think the deal is each team is guaranteed 1 home and 1 away fixture. This might be classed as our home fixture with the Jan game United's away?

BH Hibs
19-12-2016, 05:47 PM
That's pretty poor. We never seem to do well in these half five kick offs either.

monktonharp
19-12-2016, 08:36 PM
It seems that Al a Ba have got us in their pocket. how many Hibernian games they gonna have?

wearethehibs
19-12-2016, 08:48 PM
Probably 1st home game I'll miss, not missing 5-7pm on a saturday, especially when there's rugby folk in town also.

Just me that doesn't get this?

lyonhibs
19-12-2016, 08:49 PM
It seems that Al a Ba have got us in their pocket. how many Hibernian games they gonna have?

We're easily the biggest draw for TV viewing in this pishy league. I'd imagine a couple more of things remain tight at the business end of the season.

lord bunberry
19-12-2016, 09:02 PM
Just me that doesn't get this?
He isn't willing to take that time off works as he's a taxi driver and it will be really busy in town at that time due to the rugby being on.

DavieRoy
19-12-2016, 09:21 PM
Don't mind when the games are shifted for Davie Alaba. We know it's either gonna be a Fri or Sat night - unlike Sky or BT who tend to be early kicks off which are utter dung imo

But BBC Alba's deal is worth nothing and before people go on about Sky and BT, that deal is worth much more than BBC Alba and better for our sponsors being on bigger channels. It is the crap kick off times that are the problem with BT and Sky, you are right.

BBC Alba can show a maximum of two games at home for each team.

I am told BT and Sky can take 3 Championship games each this season.

If we had listened to the lies that BBC Scotland pedal then we would think there was no coverage, the truth is BBC Scotland are the ones who have abandoned the Championship, which is fine, whenever we get promoted, I won't give a toss, but don't lie about it.

Sky and BT have shown a live game each, BBC Alba have shown live games and Sky Sports News HQ have sent cameras to games for goal clips and BBC Scotland say they can't show anything because nobody is covering the league!!!

Big90inOz
19-12-2016, 11:24 PM
Bollocks, That's another night where I need to drag myself out of bed in the middle of the night

The other thing is their coverage of the game is pretty poor, last weekend they were focused on the crowd while the game was on then flicked back to show the ball in the goalies arms. There seems to be an agenda to show the crowd, bird flying, ship sailing past, smoke from a chimney, boy eating crisps etc etc during a game rather than concentrate on what is happening on the pitch.

cabbageandribs1875
19-12-2016, 11:46 PM
Bollocks, That's another night where I need to drag myself out of bed in the middle of the night

The other thing is their coverage of the game is pretty poor, last weekend they were focused on the crowd while the game was on then flicked back to show the ball in the goalies arms. There seems to be an agenda to show the crowd, bird flying, ship sailing past, smoke from a chimney, boy eating crisps etc etc during a game rather than concentrate on what is happening on the pitch.

tbf BT sport and SKY do that as well, fair rips my knittin as well when cameras are on a manager etc when i'd like to see what's going on on the pitch all the time

Carheenlea
20-12-2016, 06:27 AM
I read elsewhere about the Dublin Hibs fans who have booked to travel over for this game. No way now of catching return flights that evening.
This inconveniencing of fans is happening too often. The only fair way is for the TV companies to choose and announce the live broadcasts at start of season in tandem with the fixtures being released.

Scouse Hibee
20-12-2016, 06:30 AM
A pain in the erse but par for the course as a football supporter these days to have your plans disrupted by TV scheduling.

wearethehibs
20-12-2016, 07:04 AM
He isn't willing to take that time off works as he's a taxi driver and it will be really busy in town at that time due to the rugby being on.

Ahh well that makes more sense.

DH1875
20-12-2016, 07:21 AM
A pain in the erse but par for the course as a football supporter these days to have your plans disrupted by TV scheduling.

TV scheduling is becoming a farce though. The Cardiff vs Fulham FA cup game in January is an 11.30 kickoff on a Sunday. Know they don't have many fans but that's a P take for any fans Fulham do have.

DH1875
20-12-2016, 07:28 AM
Nah Dundee Utd game on 6th January also on alba bud.

Forgot that was on the telly.

BBC Alba can show a maximum of two games at home for each team.

Knew it was something along those lines which makes it a strange decision they've picked this game. Would have thought they would have picked a game towards the end of the season.

Moulin Yarns
20-12-2016, 07:56 AM
TV scheduling is becoming a farce though. The Cardiff vs Fulham FA cup game in January is an 11.30 kickoff on a Sunday. Know they don't have many fans but that's a P take for any fans Fulham do have.

Do you?

Funny that 'only ' 18,748 turned up at the Cottage on Saturday for the game against Derby County. I don't know why anyone is getting their knickers in a twist about games being moved for telly when we "don't have many fans".

At least you got the bit about TV scheduling being a farce right!

legends of 73
20-12-2016, 08:19 AM

Poor excuse. Do a shift before the game then head out after the Hibs game as it'll still be busy. Just like I'll be doing

J-C
20-12-2016, 08:24 AM
Poor excuse. Do a shift before the game then head out after the Hibs game as it'll still be busy. Just like I'll be doing

You're right I just realised it was a saturday which is fine as I get the taxi all day, I was getting mixed up with the Dundee U game which is a friday night. :greengrin

DavieRoy
20-12-2016, 08:34 AM
I feel, out of all the kick off times that TV use, the late Saturday is the best. In 2001/02, that was the Sky slot every week.

There were threads moaning about no Championship coverage, now we get some and we moan.

Galahibby
21-12-2016, 07:48 AM

To be fair, some guy eating crisps was probably more entertaining than the Morton game 😏