PDA

View Full Version : U 20s v Dundee Tuesday

Iggy Pope
19-12-2016, 02:51 PM
3pm at the Oriam.

Nakedmanoncrack
19-12-2016, 05:51 PM
I'm going tomorrow - hopefully see one or two from the first team squad featuring.

GreenNWhiteArmy
19-12-2016, 06:04 PM
Any word on Fyvie's injury? Could he potentially be involved tomorrow?

Missing him badly

Billy Whizz
20-12-2016, 12:48 PM
Wonder if Keats will get a run out today

flash
20-12-2016, 12:57 PM
Any word on Fyvie's injury? Could he potentially be involved tomorrow?

Missing him badly

Back in two weeks.

Billy Whizz
20-12-2016, 01:42 PM
Looks like Keatings and Eardley's are starting

Twiglet
20-12-2016, 02:08 PM
1-0 Hibs

Billy Whizz
20-12-2016, 02:08 PM
P.Martin; Donaldson, Porteous, Stirling, Crane; Keatings, Eardley, S.Martin, I.Murray; Allan, Shaw

1-0 Hibs, Ollie Shaw after 8 mins

offshorehibby
20-12-2016, 02:09 PM
Hibernian FC ‏@HibsOfficial 18s18 seconds ago
GOAL! Shaw

B.H.F.C
20-12-2016, 02:10 PM
Where is Keatings playing?

Twiglet
20-12-2016, 02:12 PM

Just behind a front 2 of Shaw and Allan.

oneone73
20-12-2016, 02:12 PM

Oriam.

(Sorry, couldn't resist)

Twiglet
20-12-2016, 02:15 PM
Hibs almost had a second. Shot off the underside of the bar. Dundee then equalise.

Billy Whizz
20-12-2016, 02:16 PM
Hibs almost had a second. Shot off the underside of the bar. Dundee then equalise.

Shaw hits the bar after a brilliant move

Billy Whizz
20-12-2016, 02:26 PM
Eardley off injured, Fraser Murray on

Twiglet
20-12-2016, 02:31 PM
As an aside Grant Holt in the Hibs dugout.

Twiglet
20-12-2016, 02:41 PM
Innes Murray off Gullan on.

Mr White
20-12-2016, 02:44 PM
A couple of other interesting u20 live scores, Motherwell winning 9-1 at Aberdeen and Killie beating County 4-1 with 10 men, having only been 2-1 up when they got their red card.

Twiglet
20-12-2016, 02:50 PM
1-1 half time

Twiglet
20-12-2016, 03:14 PM
2-1 Hibs. Shaw.

CallumHibs07
20-12-2016, 03:17 PM
This guy needs to get a chance in the first team

SteveHFC
20-12-2016, 03:17 PM
This guy needs to get a chance in the first team

:agree:

How many goals has the lad scored now this season.

Twiglet
20-12-2016, 03:18 PM
:agree:

How many goals has the lad scored now this season.

Don't know. But it's another hattrick today. :-)
3-1 Hibs.

Moulin Yarns
20-12-2016, 03:20 PM
Hibernian FC ‏@HibsOfficial 21s22 seconds ago (https://twitter.com/HibsOfficial/status/811244596420374534) 59 I Oli Shaw makes it two hat-tricks in as many games, as he reacts first, to knock in the rebound from Gullan's shot at goal. 3-1

Coco Bryce
20-12-2016, 03:21 PM
Ollie certainly knows where the goals are :thumbsup:

Earlydelivery
20-12-2016, 03:23 PM
Is he worth a chance ?

Pretty Boy
20-12-2016, 03:34 PM
Shaw is a player no doubt.

However Cummings was scoring at a similar rate in the 20s and it took him a long time to find his feet in the 1st team. Obviously he was thrown in at the deep end in a crap team in a better league but there are still similarities.

Shaw absolutely deserves to be considered imo but it should be very slowly unless he absolutely explodes onto the scene in a sub appearance or the like.

Twiglet
20-12-2016, 03:50 PM
4-1 Waugh

Alex Trager
20-12-2016, 03:53 PM
Shaw is a player no doubt.

However Cummings was scoring at a similar rate in the 20s and it took him a long time to find his feet in the 1st team. Obviously he was thrown in at the deep end in a crap team in a better league but there are still similarities.

Shaw absolutely deserves to be considered imo but it should be very slowly unless he absolutely explodes onto the scene in a sub appearance or the like.

The season after he was rampant in the under 20's he came into the fist team and hit huge figures did he not?

I know butcher tried him a few times, but I thought that was the same season

Twiglet
20-12-2016, 03:56 PM
4-1 full-time.

GreenCastle
20-12-2016, 04:03 PM
Oil Shaw really doing well. He's got the intelligence to do well - just needs to bulk up a bit.

How did everyone else perform?

Keatings ?
Martin?

Supposedly bad tackle in Keatings during game saw a bit of a carry on after.

fishybeaver
20-12-2016, 04:05 PM
Take it Harris is still injured?

Baldy Foghorn
20-12-2016, 04:42 PM
Oil Shaw really doing well. He's got the intelligence to do well - just needs to bulk up a bit.

How did everyone else perform?

Keatings ?
Martin?

Supposedly bad tackle in Keatings during game saw a bit of a carry on after.

Strong team performance, could have been 8....

Shocking tackle from Dundee player, which looked a red card to me

oneone73
20-12-2016, 04:43 PM
Strong team performance, could have been 8....

Shocking tackle from Dundee player, which looked a red card to me

Is Keatings Ok?

northstandhibby
20-12-2016, 04:45 PM
4-1 full-time.

:thumbsup:Another cracking result from the development team. Great to see young Oli Shaw get a hat-trick. I understand the reservations of placing a young player into the first team. I posted on another thread it would be a fantastic opportunity to put some of them in if we do go a fair bit clear in the league after the new year if we can get clear of dufc and are looking good for winning it.

What more can a young player like him do to get a shot other than bang in the goals for the development team. I hope he gets some first team game time and thrives on it.

Well done Oli for the hat-trick and to all of the team for a superb result!!!

Glory Glory

Oscar T Grouch
20-12-2016, 04:48 PM
The season after he was rampant in the under 20's he came into the fist team and hit huge figures did he not?

I know butcher tried him a few times, but I thought that was the same season

When he came into the first team he was banging in a ridiculous amount in the u20s but it took him half a season to actually get his first goal (a brace in the playoff first leg 🙈). It is a big step up from development to the first team. I hope Oli gets a chance. At least he won't need to go through what JC did when he came up from the u20s.

Smartie
20-12-2016, 04:52 PM
Fenlon and Butcher's relegation Hibs side was possibly the least creative Hibs side I've seen though. Any goalscorer would have struggled to get many in that team, let alone a young lad like Cummings making his way in the game.

A team at the top of the league making a good few chances (as we should be) would be exactly the kind of situation where the likes of Shaw could come in and stake a claim.

Are Stenhousemuir not toiling a bit as well? They're maybe not creating much themselves and a young, slim striker isn't exactly what they're looking for right now.

Billy Whizz
20-12-2016, 04:56 PM
Thouroughly enjoyed today's performance, almost on a match with last weeks win against Partick. It was 4-1 going 6/7, if Shaw had his shooting boots on😄
Started 442, as we've been playing 352 of late. Eardley played defensive midfielder, which allowed Martin to play a bit furher than normal. An early injury to Eardley meant a change, looked like a calf injury to me. Innes Murray then picked up a groin injury before half time

The young lads at the back played really well against 2 experienced Dundee strikers in Rory Loy and Teijesse, who used their size to try and bully Sterling and Porteous.

2nd half was all Hibs, Shaw scored a double and Kevin Waugh scored a header. Keatings went off with what looked like a bad gash on his thigh, after a terrible challenge on him
Overall a great performance from the young lads, played with a high intensity. Lennon and Parker and In attendance, who would have been suitably impressed

Special mention to Twiglet for the updates and bringing along the Fruit Salads😄

Twiglet
20-12-2016, 05:06 PM
Is Keatings Ok?

He seemed fine, happened at the opposite side of the pitch to us. They were getting ready to sub him, just waiting on the ball going out and he was fouled. Got up straight away (which I can only imagine that was the only reason it wasn’t a red, but was reckless and malicious so that shouldn’t have made a difference), realised he was being subbed and jogged part of the way to the touchline.

Looked like a (deep) scrape down his shin and he wasn’t limping when he came off so he’ll be ok I think. Physio didn’t rush to him or anything so there didn’t seem to be any great concern about him.

GreenCastle
20-12-2016, 05:23 PM
Hearts bottom of the development league ?

oneone73
20-12-2016, 05:39 PM
He seemed fine, happened at the opposite side of the pitch to us. They were getting ready to sub him, just waiting on the ball going out and he was fouled. Got up straight away (which I can only imagine that was the only reason it wasn’t a red, but was reckless and malicious so that shouldn’t have made a difference), realised he was being subbed and jogged part of the way to the touchline.

Looked like a (deep) scrape down his shin and he wasn’t limping when he came off so he’ll be ok I think. Physio didn’t rush to him or anything so there didn’t seem to be any great concern about him.

Thanks

Nakedmanoncrack
20-12-2016, 06:13 PM

Shocking challenge- think everyone expected a red.

inglisavhibs
20-12-2016, 07:50 PM
[QUOTE=northstandhibby;4883864]:thumbsup:Another cracking result from the development team. Great to see young Oli Shaw get a hat-trick. I understand the reservations of placing a young player into the first team. I posted on another thread it would be a fantastic opportunity to put some of them in if we do go a fair bit clear in the league after the new year if we can get clear of dufc and are looking good for winning it.

What more can a young player like him do to get a shot other than bang in the goals for the development team. I hope he gets some first team game time and thrives on it.

Glory Glory[/QUOTE

He hasn't scored many for Stenhousemuir which is a better guide as to when he might be ready. Saw him playing for Stenny against Stranraer earlier this season and he was a bit disappointing and very lightweight. Having said that he obviously has great finishing ability and has time on his side.

Unseen work
20-12-2016, 08:02 PM
Wonder if them starting 442 is a sign of what we will be playing com Saturday?

Interesting eardley was used in centre midfield.

How is innes Murray getting in this season after coming from Celtic? Not heard much.

cammy1969
20-12-2016, 08:40 PM
[QUOTE=northstandhibby;4883864]:thumbsup:Another cracking result from the development team. Great to see young Oli Shaw get a hat-trick. I understand the reservations of placing a young player into the first team. I posted on another thread it would be a fantastic opportunity to put some of them in if we do go a fair bit clear in the league after the new year if we can get clear of dufc and are looking good for winning it.

Glory Glory[/QUOTE

He hasn't scored many for Stenhousemuir which is a better guide as to when he might be ready. Saw him playing for Stenny against Stranraer earlier this season and he was a bit disappointing and very lightweight. Having said that he obviously has great finishing ability and has time on his side.

To be fair stenhouse muir no really doing to good but Ave no seen the lad so I can't really comment on his game time with them. But I think every player when have aged 19/20 should be out on loan unless there in 1st team squad.as much as it's nice to see our young lads top I would prefer see them on loan against journey men getting tough game and play our 17s playing dev games also against older guys.

Was listening to. Barry ferguson on radio last week he was saying he took 2 guys on loan who had been outstanding in the Dev league for some team but had to send them back as they where no where ready for 1st team fitbaw, imo we need to get them out when young as possible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk