PDA

View Full Version : Callum Booth

murray26
18-12-2016, 05:43 PM
Just watched sporscene.. he looks like a very good attack minded left sided wing back.. I must admit to not seeing much of him since he left us but he looked very good on tonight's highlights.. wasn't happy when he left on just wondering if we maybe made a mistake.. thoughts..

johncrobertson@
18-12-2016, 05:54 PM
Just watched sporscene.. he looks like a very good attack minded left sided wing back.. I must admit to not seeing much of him since he left us but he looked very good on tonight's highlights.. wasn't happy when he left on just wondering if we maybe made a mistake.. thoughts..
Sean Welsh has also been outstanding for Thistle this season!

erin go bragh
18-12-2016, 06:01 PM

Great offensive, not so great defensive.

murray26
18-12-2016, 06:03 PM
Great offensive, not so great defensive.

Probably perfect for the formation we're playing right now..

Hi Heid Yin
18-12-2016, 06:23 PM
For me, no mistake in letting him go.
He had ample time to cement a place and demonstrate his worth, but failed.
He might very well go on to have an okay career with lesser clubs and I wish him well.

HibsNutter
18-12-2016, 06:56 PM
Like Stanton and Harris, came through and showed great potential before going off the boil, and after a couple of years was no longer wanted.

This was a few years ago and I'd not heard his name mentioned until now. He may turn out to be decent but we certainly weren't in the wrong letting him go.

PiemanP
18-12-2016, 07:10 PM
He had about 5 years to prove his first season wasn't just a fluke but it never happened. I think if we had someone like Mowbray or Stubbs managing him instead of all the dummies that were manager during his time he may well have developed into the real deal.

Sean welch on the other hand never even got a look in (probably because he decked Martin Scott - good on him!)

Billy Whizz
18-12-2016, 07:19 PM
He had about 5 years to prove his first season wasn't just a fluke but it never happened. I think if we had someone like Mowbray or Stubbs managing him instead of all the dummies that were manager during his time he may well have developed into the real deal.

Sean welch on the other hand never even got a look in (probably because he decked Martin Scott - good on him!)
Sean unfortunately had a lot of injuries at Hibs. Best decision was for him to move on, play somewhere else. Pleased it's worked out for him at Partick

BoomtownHibees
18-12-2016, 07:23 PM

Was it no the other way about?

1987green
18-12-2016, 07:23 PM

Wrong way round Scott decked him and broke his jaw

ronaldo7
18-12-2016, 07:29 PM
Sean unfortunately had a lot of injuries at Hibs. Best decision was for him to move on, play somewhere else. Pleased it's worked out for him at Patrick

Never knew he was that way inclined Billy.:greengrin

ronaldo7
18-12-2016, 07:31 PM
Probably perfect for the formation we're playing right now..

:agree: And the laddie can fairly whip a ball into the box. I'd have him back.

Billy Whizz
18-12-2016, 07:32 PM
Never knew he was that way inclined Billy.:greengrin

Ha ha Ronaldo, good spot for a change from you😂

Big L
18-12-2016, 07:46 PM
God knows why Booth was allowed to leave, we could do with him now when we play the 3 at the back. We used to have a rep for bringing thru young players, not any more. When I look around and see other clubs bringing young players thru it makes me wonder what the hell is going on at ER. All we've had in the past 4 years playing regularly is Cummings and that's not nearly good enough. Stubbs put them all out on loan or out the door. Young players like Martin and Crane are on the fringe and you have to think they will go the same way as Sam Stanton, Alex Harris and all the rest. Oli Shaw's the next big thing, let's just hope he makes it but I won,t hold my breath. Their is something seriously wrong at Hibs, we should be doing much better with the young talent we bring to our club.

Onceinawhile
18-12-2016, 08:16 PM
Partick are bottom of the league no?

If these players hadn't already been at easter Road this thread wouldn't happen. Not good enough for where we want to be.

Boyle89
18-12-2016, 08:26 PM
I only remember booth for 2 things. Bringing down a bird in pre season and the other was a brilliant counter attack at east end which ended in a goal. Probably the last time I've seen us score on the counter attack😔.

Ryan69
18-12-2016, 09:08 PM
Partick are bottom of the league no?

If these players hadn't already been at easter Road this thread wouldn't happen. Not good enough for where we want to be.

One player doesn't make a team...but he definitely seems one of the better players in it.

Northernhibee
18-12-2016, 09:27 PM
Bang average player at his very best. Very frequently wasn't.

wookie70
18-12-2016, 09:28 PM
I only remember booth for 2 things. Bringing down a bird in pre season and the other was a brilliant counter attack at east end which ended in a goal. Probably the last time I've seen us score on the counter attack😔.

Big Dom scored a great counter attacking goal quite recently against Aberdeen.

Boyle89
18-12-2016, 09:48 PM
Big Dom scored a great counter attacking goal quite recently against Aberdeen.

I wasn't there to see it😢.

Dunbar Hibee
18-12-2016, 10:13 PM
Bang average player at his very best. Very frequently wasn't.

Aye ok then.

Viva_Palmeiras
18-12-2016, 10:18 PM
God knows why Booth was allowed to leave, we could do with him now when we play the 3 at the back. We used to have a rep for bringing thru young players, not any more. When I look around and see other clubs bringing young players thru it makes me wonder what the hell is going on at ER. All we've had in the past 4 years playing regularly is Cummings and that's not nearly good enough. Stubbs put them all out on loan or out the door. Young players like Martin and Crane are on the fringe and you have to think they will go the same way as Sam Stanton, Alex Harris and all the rest. Oli Shaw's the next big thing, let's just hope he makes it but I won,t hold my breath. Their is something seriously wrong at Hibs, we should be doing much better with the young talent we bring to our club.

Do you know the stats academies reckon on for bringing players in to the first team?

Viva_Palmeiras
18-12-2016, 10:23 PM
I wasn't there to see it😢.

To be fair it's hard to see the Hallowed turf from the Wheatfield Road end. (JOKE) ;)

ekhibee
19-12-2016, 12:53 AM
I watched the highlights on Sportscene and Hearts were seriously honking. Apart from their goal it was virtually all Thistle who should have beaten them comfortably. The manager's interview after the game was a bit strange too.

JDHibs
19-12-2016, 09:21 AM
As others have said, he was good going forward but poor defensively.

Would take him back now for sure, hes a better option that Stevenson who is good defensively but poor going forward.

As for people looking down on Partick and their current position, they have been in a league for the past 2 season where we havent been able to even get promoted too.

Brightside
19-12-2016, 09:41 AM
He was less than average at Easter Rd, and he is playing for the bottom team in the Prem. Someone also mentioned the other day that we could do with Liam Craig back...jesus its amazing how these players are suddenly gifted footballers as soon as they leave Hibs.

easty
19-12-2016, 09:46 AM
As for people looking down on Partick and their current position, they have been in a league for the past 2 season where we havent been able to even get promoted too.

So? They're tatties.

If Lewis Stevenson was at Partick he'd be playing ahead of Callum Booth. If they were both at Hibs, Lewis Stevenson would be playing ahead of Callum Booth.

It's a total nonsense that folk are suggesting he'd be a good player for us now. He was dire, he started pretty well, but on the whole his performances for Hibs were crap.

Big L
19-12-2016, 08:40 PM
Do you know the stats academies reckon on for bringing players in to the first team?

NO, do you? What I do know is that Dun utd, hearts St Mirren, Killie and many other teams are bringing thru players and we've got JC. Not good enough when you consider the supposed scouting staff and facilities.

J-C
19-12-2016, 08:52 PM
NO, do you? What I do know is that Dun utd, hearts St Mirren, Killie and many other teams are bringing thru players and we've got JC. Not good enough when you consider the supposed scouting staff and facilities.

Cummings didn't really come through our academy, he was at Hearts from about the age of 12 and was released in 2012 when he a bad injury, He played 1 year for Hutchy Vale and only joined Hibs in 2013 just before his 18th birthday, so he had nothing at all to do with our youth academy.

Big L
19-12-2016, 09:22 PM
I'm not going to argue, that just proves my point! John Parks was sitting beside RP for a while at the game, maybe it's recognised that we need a change in that department, not before time.

northstandhibby
19-12-2016, 09:28 PM
I'm not going to argue, that just proves my point! John Parks was sitting beside RP for a while at the game, maybe it's recognised that we need a change in that department, not before time.

We need to take a chance now and then with giving some of the more promising youngsters like Crane, Martin, Oli Shaw and Jamie Gullan etc a taste of the first team. Of course if we had been skooshing the league it would be much easier to give youngsters a chance to shine.

Hopefully when we pull clear of Dufc we can afford to give some of them a chance.

Glory Glory

snooky
21-12-2016, 01:14 AM
Just watched the highlights of the Jams v Jags.
Calum Booth showed up well. Although defending may not be his strong point, I've always thought he has a bit of class in his forward play.

Mcpakeisgod
21-12-2016, 07:24 AM
Just watched the highlights of the Jams v Jags.
Calum Booth showed up well. Although defending may not be his strong point, I've always thought he has a bit of class in his forward play.

He always has! Single handedly ended leith athletics 4 year Unbeaten run with inch colts when we were kids! 2-1 with boothy the scorer of both