PDA

View Full Version : Were Neil Lennon's Celtic teams easy on the eye?

G B Young
18-12-2016, 05:11 PM
I have rarely watched any Scottish football with the exception of Hibs games for a good number of years now so my knowledge of the Celtic teams Neil Lennon managed is very limited. However, it's my recollection that they were largely functional rather than stylish and were set up to get the job done. Obviously he was able to bring in a relatively higher standard of player than he can at Hibs so I guess that quality sometimes shone through, but does anyone recall his teams playing much in the way of swashbuckling football?

Could it be that this is simply his style of management and that we're being set up as a team to grind our way to promotion by ensuring first and foremost that we concede very few goals? I'll take that if it gets us up, but I really hope we can find something more than what we're showing at present. We could really do with not finding ourselves in fight to the wire with United, and putting together a strong run of victories would go a long way to ensuring it doesn't come to that. At present, the heavy weather we're making of staying top of the league is worrying.