PDA

View Full Version : Festive Trials - How Will We Do?

Dashing Bob S
18-12-2016, 01:41 PM
We've played poorly in our last three games resulting in a defeat, win and draw.

I'm fervently hoping we are not as pish over the next three. We have Raith, Falkirk and Dundee Utd, who are the top teams in the division. I don't think this side is capable of winning (or to be fair, losing) all three.

The best I can foresee is two wins and even that is wildly optimistic on current form.

Itsnoteasy
18-12-2016, 02:26 PM
How many next 3 games has there been over the last few years. Every time we draw or are defeated this thread reappears.

Sir David Gray
18-12-2016, 03:23 PM
Seven points.

Beat Raith Rovers, draw with Falkirk and beat Dundee Utd.

Happy New Year. :thumbsup:

Hermit Crab
18-12-2016, 03:25 PM
It's just like last season, every time the Rangers failed to win, we did the same. This time its Dundee utd though. Very frustrating.

Dashing Bob S
18-12-2016, 03:34 PM
How many next 3 games has there been over the last few years. Every time we draw or are defeated this thread reappears.

Cheer up old chap, it's Christmas! Only a bit of fun, speculating on a Hibernian supporters messageboard about how the team might be expected to fare over the next round of fixtures. Hardly an contentious thread, I would have thought.

On second thoughts, perhaps you're correct. Admins: please delete this offensive thread immediately!

northstandhibby
18-12-2016, 03:46 PM
We've played poorly in our last three games resulting in a defeat, win and draw.

I'm fervently hoping we are not as pish over the next three. We have Raith, Falkirk and Dundee Utd, who are the top teams in the division. I don't think this side is capable of winning (or to be fair, losing) all three.

The best I can foresee is two wins and even that is wildly optimistic on current form.

Hope to have a very happy Hi bee Christmas and a Merry New Year with full points as long as Lenny sorts out the forward positions and gets better balls into the box and of course our injured get well soon, very soon.

Glory Glory

Hibernia&Alba
18-12-2016, 03:47 PM
It's a difficult Christmas. I'm going to say five points - a win and two draws.

emerald green
18-12-2016, 06:20 PM
It's just like last season, every time the Rangers failed to win, we did the same. This time its Dundee utd though. Very frustrating.

:agree: It's like whenever we get this opportunity we just can't seem to take full advantage.

Also, why do Hibs reserve so many of their worst performances for when the match is being shown live on TV?

Before anyway says, yes I know the Scottish Cup final was on TV!

PS: Hibs need to take 6 points out of 9, preferably including winning against DU at ER in those 6 points.

Hi Heid Yin
18-12-2016, 06:27 PM
On current form I'm going for 4 points. 1 win, 1 draw, 1 defeat, and, as always, I truly hope that I'm wrong and that we win all 3 games

Mr White
18-12-2016, 06:42 PM
On current form I'm going for 4 points. 1 win, 1 draw, 1 defeat, and, as always, I truly hope that I'm 100% wrong and that we win all 3 games

You'd be 66.6% wrong if we win all 3 :nerd:

high bee
18-12-2016, 07:05 PM
9 points. Commons and Cummings to play 270 mins and tear the league up.

essexhibee
18-12-2016, 07:21 PM
We will be second place come the visit of United.

Yesterday was eye bleeding.

Dashing Bob S
18-12-2016, 07:38 PM
Great to see deluded skoosh optimism and wrist-slashing doom-laden pessimism are still thriving. I'm right in the middle. Would love two wins out of this sequence - more so if one of them came versus United.

SonOfDavidFrancey
18-12-2016, 07:49 PM
We're not very good whenever we are not playing on Saturdays at 3 o'clock.

Viva_Palmeiras
18-12-2016, 10:28 PM
We're not very good whenever we are not playing on Saturdays at 3 o'clock.

At least it means we have not got any excuses for not attending the MK Dons vs Wimbledon match.

Hi Heid Yin
18-12-2016, 10:44 PM
You'd be 66.6% wrong if we win all 3 :nerd:

Lol. True enough!
Thank you for pointing this out. I have now edited my post.

majorhibs
18-12-2016, 10:53 PM
The young & deluded nowadays! Promotion before was 9 points here NOTHING less. Expected. Dreamers nowadays. Failures acceptable obviously this time?

GreenCastle
18-12-2016, 11:05 PM
We didn't play poorly against Dundee Utd in my opinion.

For me it's a 2 horse race and we need to show a bit of consistency and quality of a title winning side. Put in a run of wins and show we mean business / crank pressure on others.

Seems this season it's been a real struggle to win several games in a row.

Only won 3 in a row once this season and our best run was 5 unbeaten.

Dundee Utd don't have an out and out striker and hopefully with a smaller squad they were suffer as the season goes on.

A gap at the top would really ease the pressure though.

Going for 3 wins !

HappyAsHellas
18-12-2016, 11:24 PM
A good win this week is vital as it can set the course for the festive period. Falkirk aren't doing too well at present and if we can get a result there it sets us up nicely for DU at home. I can't see our team not going all out against them as they have never done anything to make them deserve a good result against us in previous games. Happy clappy head on now, get the 9 points, peace and goodwill to all hibbies and famine, pestilence, disease and general badness on all our opponents.

Steve20
19-12-2016, 06:20 AM

For me it's a 2 horse race and we need to show a bit of consistency and quality of a title winning side. Put in a run of wins and show we mean business / crank pressure on others.

Dundee Utd don't have an out and out striker and hopefully with a smaller squad they were suffer as the season goes on.

Going for 3 wins !

We were awful against Dundee Utd. Fair enough, not as bad as we were on Saturday but we were still dreadful.

We will beat Raith, lose at Falkirk and draw with Utd.

hibbysam
19-12-2016, 08:22 AM

Going for 3 wins !

We won our first 5 games of the season??

GreenCastle
19-12-2016, 09:43 AM
We won our first 5 games of the season??

We were beaten at home in betfred cup by Queen of the South.

3 in a row is most we have won all season.

NAE NOOKIE
19-12-2016, 10:31 AM
Dundee Utd's next two fixtures are ....... home to St Mirren, which you would think would be a banker and away to Dumbarton who have proved to be a tricky away fixture lately.

The way we have played in our last two games nothing is certain, Raith Rovers will be a tough match and we will have to play better than we have in the last two fixtures to win it. Falkirk are not in the best of form, but form seems to go out the window when they play us, you get the impression that they would be as happy stopping us win the league than they would be winning it themselves. Not once this season have Dundee Utd outplayed us and we sure as hell are due a break against them.

I have no idea how this is going to pan out, I cant see Utd doing worse than 4 points out of 6 so by the time they come to ER there's every chance we could be behind them on points if we fail to beat Raith and Falkirk ...... that's going to make our game against them massive.

jacomo
19-12-2016, 10:37 AM
9 points. Commons and Cummings to play 270 mins and tear the league up.

I prefer this line of thinking.

GreenNWhiteArmy
19-12-2016, 10:41 AM
6 points from our home games i have no doubt. Falkirk game is a tricky one but we're surely due to give them a skelping?

i'm gonna say we'll do it and take 9 points.

Moulin Yarns
19-12-2016, 10:47 AM
Dundee Utd's next two fixtures are ....... home to St Mirren, which you would think would be a banker and away to Dumbarton who have proved to be a tricky away fixture lately.

The way we have played in our last two games nothing is certain, Raith Rovers will be a tough match and we will have to play better than we have in the last two fixtures to win it. Falkirk are not in the best of form, but form seems to go out the window when they play us, you get the impression that they would be as happy stopping us win the league than they would be winning it themselves. Not once this season have Dundee Utd outplayed us and we sure as hell are due a break against them.

I have no idea how this is going to pan out, I cant see Utd doing worse than 4 points out of 6 so by the time they come to ER there's every chance we could be behind them on points if we fail to beat Raith and Falkirk ...... that's going to make our game against them massive.

Last 5 games played

St Mirren 10points
Raith 4points

Hopefully the Buddies pick up 1 or 3 points as they have been getting better

Dumbarton 7 Points
Falkirk 8 points

Then comes the big one.