PDA

View Full Version : Player ratings .... Morton

NAE NOOKIE
18-12-2016, 04:46 AM
This is based on what I saw on the telly ... I'll give way to anybody at the match who disagrees with me :greengrin

Laidlaw ...... 7 ..... rarely called into action, but when he was he pulled off a couple of decent saves ... the Morton crosses and corners were mostly all placed out of his reach, a lesson we need to bloody well learn.

Gray ...... 5 ...... He could get a job as a Lewis Stevenson tribute act on that performance, his crossing was abysmal at times and he rarely got the better of the Morton fullback.

Hanlon ..... 7 ...... He dealt pretty well with a few tricky situations and was pretty solid at the back all night, but his distribution wasn't as good as usual and I've no idea where he was at the Morton goal.

McGregor ... 7 .... As solid as ever, though at times I thought the ref was pretty kind to him, like Hanlon I've no idea where he went at the goal.

Fontaine .... 6 .... was OK but a bit shaky at times on the ball.

Stevenson .... 5 ..... weak, poor and at times aimless crosses into the box the few times he got space, cannae shoot for toffee, but credit to him for trying, reasonably solid defensively.

Shinnie ...... 5 ..... I thought he was good last week, last night he was totally ineffective and even managed to stumble over under little pressure like one of the auld duffers I play walking football with.

Bartley .... 5 ...... At times he was the only guy in midfield who managed to break up the Morton play to be fair to him, but I swear that I can see and execute an effective forward pass better than he can and at least twice he allowed himself to be robbed of the ball in dangerous areas.

Commons ..... 7 ..... I was amazed that he started the game, but to be fair he showed a surprising amount of energy in the first half. In flashes he showed that he does have quality, his shot from miles out might have been wayward, but at least he had the imagination to try it, in all honestly a better debut than I thought I would see.

Graham .... 4 ..... Offered nothing and the one chance he did get when the ball broke kindly for him was utterly wasted due to a lack of composure, not to mention technique, the first touch of an Elephant.

Boyle ..... 5 ..... Ran about a lot but made very little happen, to be fair to him half of the balls hoofed up to him were meat and drink for a pub league centre half, never mind a professional one, not one of his better nights.

SUBS:

Holt .... 5 ..... Made a difference when he came on and was a bit unlucky not to score, only a good block by the defender kept him out.

Cummings ... 7 .... Yes seven ..... For the 15 minutes he was on he made better runs and got into better positions than Graham or Boyle had managed all evening, scored a super free kick and was bloody unlucky not to get a second as another one of his good runs and a decent bit of control took him past the keeper only for the last defender to put in a great block .... he also nearly set up Commons I think it was after getting into the box and hitting a decent ball into the middle.

Forster .... 3 .... just for coming on.

Neil Lennon ...... He must recognise that we have to play better than this and he needs to grow a set and risk replacing the defensively minded and ponderous Bartley with the energy and drive of Martin, who even though I've only seen him play one full game must be a better midfield option in the absence of McGinn, Fyvie and McGeouch.

hibsbollah
18-12-2016, 07:21 AM
I know you're just doing it the way our national newspapers do it (where players scores only vacciliate between a 5 and a 7, maybe a hattrick is deserving of a 8), but if we're measuring on a scale of 0-10 where 10 is the best we can expect and 1 is totally garbage, I think you're being wildly generous.

Laidlaw 7

Gray 2
Hanlon 5
McGregor 5
Fontaine 5
Stevenson 2

Bartley 1
Shinnie 3
Commons 5

Graham 2
Boyle 3

Subs
Cummings 7 obviously an outstanding strike, even if the keeper should have got to it.
Holt 6 Some good touches
Forster no impact.

Allant1981
18-12-2016, 10:48 AM
I know you're just doing it the way our national newspapers do it (where players scores only vacciliate between a 5 and a 7, maybe a hattrick is deserving of a 8), but if we're measuring on a scale of 0-10 where 10 is the best we can expect and 1 is totally garbage, I think you're being wildly generous.

Laidlaw 7

Gray 2
Hanlon 5
McGregor 5
Fontaine 5
Stevenson 2

Bartley 1
Shinnie 3
Commons 5

Graham 2
Boyle 3

Subs
Cummings 7 obviously an outstanding strike, even if the keeper should have got to it.
Holt 6 Some good touches
Forster no impact.

Sorry but that is a load of rubbish, yes they werent great but to mark someone that low( a 1) is just rubbish

judas
18-12-2016, 11:46 AM
This is based on what I saw on the telly ... I'll give way to anybody at the match who disagrees with me :greengrin

Laidlaw ...... 7 ..... rarely called into action, but when he was he pulled off a couple of decent saves ... the Morton crosses and corners were mostly all placed out of his reach, a lesson we need to bloody well learn.

Gray ...... 5 ...... He could get a job as a Lewis Stevenson tribute act on that performance, his crossing was abysmal at times and he rarely got the better of the Morton fullback.

Hanlon ..... 7 ...... He dealt pretty well with a few tricky situations and was pretty solid at the back all night, but his distribution wasn't as good as usual and I've no idea where he was at the Morton goal.

McGregor ... 7 .... As solid as ever, though at times I thought the ref was pretty kind to him, like Hanlon I've no idea where he went at the goal.

Stevenson .... 5 ..... weak, poor and at times aimless crosses into the box the few times he got space, cannae shoot for toffee, but credit to him for trying, reasonably solid defensively.

Shinnie ...... 5 ..... I thought he was good last week, last night he was totally ineffective and even managed to stumble over under little pressure like one of the auld duffers I play walking football with.

Bartley .... 5 ...... At times he was the only guy in midfield who managed to break up the Morton play to be fair to him, but I swear that I can see and execute an effective forward pass better than he can and at least twice he allowed himself to be robbed of the ball in dangerous areas.

Commons ..... 7 ..... I was amazed that he started the game, but to be fair he showed a surprising amount of energy in the first half. In flashes he showed that he does have quality, his shot from miles out might have been wayward, but at least he had the imagination to try it, in all honestly a better debut than I thought I would see.

Graham .... 4 ..... Offered nothing and the one chance he did get when the ball broke kindly for him was utterly wasted due to a lack of composure, not to mention technique, the first touch of an Elephant.

Boyle ..... 5 ..... Ran about a lot but made very little happen, to be fair to him half of the balls hoofed up to him were meat and drink for a pub league centre half, never mind a professional one, not one of his better nights.

SUBS:

Holt .... 5 ..... Made a difference when he came on and was a bit unlucky not to score, only a good block by the defender kept him out.

Cummings ... 7 .... Yes seven ..... For the 15 minutes he was on he made better runs and got into better positions than Graham or Boyle had managed all evening, scored a super free kick and was bloody unlucky not to get a second as another one of his good runs and a decent bit of control took him past the keeper only for the last defender to put in a great block .... he also nearly set up Commons I think it was after getting into the box and hitting a decent ball into the middle.

Neil Lennon ...... He must recognise that we have to play better than this and he needs to grow a set and risk replacing the defensively minded and ponderous Bartley with the energy and drive of Martin, who even though I've only seen him play one full game must be a better midfield option in the absence of McGinn, Fyvie and McGeouch.

Good critique and flawless.

GreenPJ
18-12-2016, 11:48 AM
Only positive is that Commons got 90 mins. He showed a couple of small glimpses which should increase with match fitness. Now next thing is to actually try and play the ball on the ground to make the most of commons, boyle, shinnie, cummings etc.

Brightside
18-12-2016, 11:50 AM
Sorry but that is a load of rubbish, yes they werent great but to mark someone that low( a 1) is just rubbish

Not really. Bartley was dreadful. But Lennon continues to pick him which in this league is astonishing.

Allant1981
18-12-2016, 11:55 AM
Not really. Bartley was dreadful. But Lennon continues to pick him which in this league is astonishing.

Yes really, he was bad but to score him a 1 is just laughable

hibsbollah
18-12-2016, 12:00 PM
Yes really, he was bad but to score him a 1 is just laughable

Your post is struggling to get -1:na na:

Allant1981
18-12-2016, 12:07 PM
Your post is struggling to get -1:na na:

I would have thought at least a 0!!

Famous Fiver
18-12-2016, 12:08 PM
OP missed one rating - the crowd 10+

Every man jack of them should get a free pass in to Easter Road next Saturday.

I salute every last one of you.

Big90inOz
18-12-2016, 12:20 PM

Never heard the crowd once on Hibs TV.
Yet again we had 7 defensive players on the park, no wonder nothing is happening in the opposition half.

Baldy Foghorn
18-12-2016, 12:41 PM
Yet again we had 7 defensive players on the park, no wonder nothing is happening in the opposition half.

Jeezo:confused:

Hermit Crab
18-12-2016, 12:57 PM
They were all crap.

Billy Whizz
18-12-2016, 12:59 PM

Too many on here were watching it at home

Hermit Crab
18-12-2016, 01:03 PM

Complete rubbish, plus it doesn't help that theres no roof on the stand the fans were in.

SaulGoodman
18-12-2016, 01:29 PM
They were all crap.

I expected more from you, are you holding back? :wink:

Hermit Crab
18-12-2016, 01:46 PM
I expected more from you, are you holding back? :wink:

Not at all, they were just crap.

snedzuk
18-12-2016, 02:32 PM

Thank you very much - after enduring that I assume second prize is two free passes for next Saturday!

Super_JMcGinn
18-12-2016, 02:38 PM

SUBS:

McGregor was streets ahead of anyone else in defence. Hanlon and Fontaines distribution was woeful at times in a brutal display by the whole team.

That first half especially was embarrassing and Lennon had better start playing Cummings or as the old guy in dads army used to say we're doomed.

Franck Stanton
18-12-2016, 03:20 PM
They were all crap.

most truthful post on the thread:thumbsup:

Hermit Crab
18-12-2016, 03:32 PM
most truthful post on the thread:thumbsup:

Theres no point in beating about the bush, they were pish apart from a moment of brilliance from cummings, and for the regulars on here yes, thats me praising cummings for his goal.

Dashing Bob S
18-12-2016, 03:51 PM
Laidlaw ...... 6 ..... not much for him to do. But decent. Doesn't seem to inspire the same confidence in the defence as Rocky, who is a more assertive communicator, but understandable given experience gap.

Gray ...... 5 ...... Not his best performance in a Hibs jersey. Was better on his last Scottish Cup appearance.

Hanlon ..... 6 ...... Looked a little at sea at times and made one or two uncharacteristic errors.

McGregor ... 7 .... Sailed close to the wind with the ref, his tackles were salty, but what a player.

Fontaine .... 6 .... Got forward more than other other defenders, but wasteful final ball.

Stevenson .... 5 ..... His crossing and shooting have regressed to the point that you suspect he practices how to make them worse in training.

Shinnie ...... 6 ..... An enigma. The one creative player who wants the ball and can make something happen with it. But too easily brushed aside and it wasn't happening with his final today.

Bartley .... 5 ...... Poor game by his standards. A decent enforcer, but too often caught in position and couldn't pick his nose, never mind a pass.

Commons ..... 6 ..... Nice touches, but pretty anonymous. He lasted 90 mins which made me feel good. There's a lot more to come from him, a few days in training with the others and I expect him to improve against Raith.

Graham .... 4 ..... Poor game.

Boyle ..... 5 ..... I like Boyle, he's a trier, but it's not happening for him now and it's almost impossible to justify him keeping Cummings out.

SUBS:

Holt .... 5 ..... More effective than Graham in that role. It doesn't always happen for him, but he must be a nightmare to play against. Treats every game as if the rival defenders are sex offenders who touched his children.

Cummings ... 7.5 .... Different team with him. Apart from the great goal, he looked sharp, focused and gave us a presence in the box we've missed. JC is back, which is good news. Certain starter against Raith or Lennon has swallowed too much festive Buckfast.

Forster .... 3 .... In his walk from touchline across pitch, he looked more up for it than most n the park.

Neil Lennon ...... So this is Christmas, sang his namesake. Well, we certainly give away less free gifts than under Stubbs, but we aren't making those chances we used to miss. I hope he does some January transfer business. One more time, everybody, repeat: width and pace, width and pace, width and pace...

.Sean.
18-12-2016, 03:56 PM
Shinnie is pish. Get Martin in the team instead.

Billy Whizz
18-12-2016, 04:19 PM

Different players, play both in my opinion
Shinnie totally wasted in the role he was asked to play last night

Hibeewilly
18-12-2016, 04:38 PM
:confused::confused::confused:

Coco Bryce
19-12-2016, 08:07 AM
Holt is brutal, far too slow and way overweight.

Heard on Saturday night his body fat is 18% :shocked:

The average footballer should be about 10% but your real top footballers like in the Premiership average 6-7%

HappyAsHellas
19-12-2016, 08:37 AM
From front to back we were dire, and Holt can carry 50% body fat and still be more of a nuisance to defenders than any other player we've had for years.

J-C
19-12-2016, 09:03 AM

The average footballer should be about 10% but your real top footballers like in the Premiership average 6-7%

So Cummings gets dropped for being 5lb overweight yet Holt is 18% BF :confused:

Super_JMcGinn
19-12-2016, 09:07 AM

Holt holds the ball up and can bring others into play, there is no one better in our squad. If he plays up top with Cummings we will score goals.

Brightside
19-12-2016, 09:43 AM
So Cummings gets dropped for being 5lb overweight yet Holt is 18% BF :confused:

I smell something... I'm 18% body fat and I'm 44 and far from being fit.

we are hibs
19-12-2016, 10:04 AM
Laidlaw 5.

Gray 4
mcgregor 7
hanlon 7
fontaine 5
stevenson 5
bartley 4
shinnie 4
commons 6
boyle 4
graham 4

KWJ
19-12-2016, 10:07 AM
Laidlaw - 7 - Solid and composed when called upon.

Gray - 4 - Awful crossing and nearly cost us a goal. Poor game.
McGregor - 6 - Not his best game but done a job, to call him streets ahead of the rest of the defense suggests drink had been had...
Hanlon - 7 - Class. Snuffed out problems before they arrived and was the one on hand when they did. His waltzes forward in the 2nd half brought us into the game.
Fontaine - 6 - Much like McG.
Stevenson - 6 - Folk just seem to want to focus on his poor crosses which were about half of what he put in on Saturday. He also put 2 right into the 6 yard box putting the keeper into that 'come or no' position. Had a Hibs striker been on hand to attack the near post, like Cummings probably would, then they could have had 2 simple goals. It's no great surprise that he fails to get it deeper into the box late on when tiring and being put under pressure.

Bartley - 3 - Very poor from the big man but he never shied away.
Shinnie - 5 - Well involved but nothing seemed to work and he became petulant.

Boyle - 6 - Kept going, some good touches and while he didn't do too bad at holding the ball up at times it's the same slow move of bringing it down and taking a long turn around.

Graham - 4 - One a few flick ons but was brutal overall. Missed an open goal, dunno what he was trying.

Subs - Holt - 5 - Great block but should've scored.
Cummings - 7 - Hungry for it. Great free kick. Gotta start next game.
Foster - 5 - Bit odd and no time.

Oh and fair play to Morton, they are a very decent team at home and a draw was the least they deserved. No Surprise Utd didn't win there either.

Johnny_Leith
19-12-2016, 11:04 AM
Fingers have finnaly defrosted, so here's my take. That was probably the worst I've seen us play since relegation, lucky to come away with a point but we know we are better than that. I do worry for us without fyvie or McGinn, hopefully commons can bring some quality into the side now he's had a game to bed in.

Laidlaw 7- solid, couple of good saves.

Gray 4 plenty effort, not enough quality, play in the final third was poor.

McGregor 5 distribution suspect but overall ok
Fontaine 5 average, loves the big punt forward
Hanlon 6 best of the centre halves for me but not much between them

Stevenson 4 was shocked when he actually went to shoot twice, but if we want to start putting teams away we need players who can contribute in terms of goals and assists from positions like Lwb

Bartley 3 sorry Marv, but you were honking!
Shinnie 6 tries to make things happen but needs some help in the middle, great attitude tho
Commons 5 couple nice long passes, was disappointed in his set play deliveries. Hopefully will come good.

Graham 5 huffed and puffed without ever getting a touch in the Morton box

Boyle 4 contributed little

Subs
Cummings 7 great strike and caused problems, why wasn't he started?
Holt 3 should have scored a couple
Forster 1 no time

Overall Morton played well and we're very up for it, it's a tough place to go and not many come away with all 3 points, but we have it in our locker to be so much better than we were on Saturday

since90plustwo
19-12-2016, 12:10 PM
[QUOTE=Coco Bryce;4882963]Holt is brutal, far too slow and way overweight.

The average footballer should be about 10% but your real top footballers like in the Premiership average 6

Ross Ford who plays in the front row for Scotland & Edinburgh (For any non rugby fans these are generally the heaviest players on the pitch aka the fat guys) he is 113KG and has 2% body fat. The average footballer should be well below 10%

Coco Bryce
19-12-2016, 12:15 PM
I smell something... I'm 18% body fat and I'm 44 and far from being fit.

Chips? :greengrin

Coco Bryce
19-12-2016, 12:27 PM

The average footballer should be about 10% but your real top footballers like in the Premiership average 6

Ross Ford who plays in the front row for Scotland & Edinburgh (For any non rugby fans these are generally the heaviest players on the pitch aka the fat guys) he is 113KG and has 2% body fat. The average footballer should be well below 10%

http://www.fitness4football.com/Fitness_Testing/body_weight_fat.htm#

since90plustwo
19-12-2016, 12:35 PM
[QUOTE=EastCoastHibs;4883103]

http://www.fitness4football.com/Fitness_Testing/body_weight_fat.htm#

Elite level players where their occupation is to play pro sport should be well under 8 IMO.

J-C
19-12-2016, 12:39 PM

I competed in natural bodybuilding around 10-12years ago and I was 5% bf on stage during the Scottish and British Championships, I came 2nd and 5th respectively.

Jonnyboy
19-12-2016, 02:44 PM
It's a little worrying that someone 'heard' the 18% thing and others have just reacted as though it were true!

Coco Bryce
19-12-2016, 03:00 PM
It's a little worrying that someone 'heard' the 18% thing and others have just reacted as though it were true!

I have no idea if it's true on not I know nothing about body mass/fat etc...

Jonnyboy
19-12-2016, 03:04 PM
I have no idea if it's true on not I know nothing about body mass/fat etc...

Me neither CB and apologies if it seemed I was having a go at your info 👍

Allant1981
19-12-2016, 03:09 PM

He only has 2% body fat? If he does then thats not healthy at all

Stantons Angel
19-12-2016, 08:51 PM
/

What on earth is this to do about the OP? There is really nothing else to say but they were crap!!
Then we lead on to nonsense............... if you have nothing better or constructive to say dont say anything? its far better than being stupid!

I really dont understand what or why you are all arguing?

Coco Bryce
20-12-2016, 09:04 AM
/
What on earth is this to do about the OP? There is really nothing else to say but they were crap!!
Then we lead on to nonsense............... if you have nothing better or constructive to say dont say anything? its far better than being stupid!

I really dont understand what or why you are all arguing?

The thread is about players ratings.

I rate Holt as complete **** and a waste of space.

OK

Mango Man
20-12-2016, 09:27 AM
Laidlaw-6
Gray-5
Stevenson-6
Hanlon-6
Mcgregor-7
Fontaine-6
Bartley-4
Shinnie-6
Commons-6
Boyle-4
Graham-5

Cummings-7
Holt-6

Mcgregor was my man of the match, the way he just swats players away was a joy to see, made there players look like wee boys, distribution wasn't the best, but neither was any of the defenders, or the team for that matter.