PDA

View Full Version : Oli shaw

Unseen work
18-12-2016, 01:50 AM
Being completely honest, and this isn't just based on today.

He can't be any worse than holt or graham.

I think the lad should get a chance on the bench to begin with and start breaking him in.

Same could be said for Crane and Martin

hibbymick
18-12-2016, 02:09 AM
He's quite a slick player.

MWHIBBIES
18-12-2016, 02:31 AM
We were much better when Holt came on, he can be much worse than Holt.

Liberal Hibby
18-12-2016, 02:32 AM

Indeed he's so slippery he can't hold down a position on the bench.

Mibbes Aye
18-12-2016, 02:35 AM
Indeed he's so slippery he can't hold down a position on the bench.

That's just a crude statement.

jimmyboco#1
18-12-2016, 02:52 AM
Agree. Watch a lot of the development games. He's ready. Definitely.

jimmyboco#1
18-12-2016, 02:53 AM

Needs to cease the chance. Graham is horrific. Full stop.

jimmyboco#1
18-12-2016, 03:05 AM
We were much better when Holt came on, he can be much worse than Holt.

Agree with this too

jimmyboco#1
18-12-2016, 03:06 AM

Yes he is.

Mibbes Aye
18-12-2016, 03:17 AM
This thread has become a barrel of laughs!

HoboHarry
18-12-2016, 03:17 AM
Could he be refined into something even more valuable?

Ronniekirk
18-12-2016, 07:25 AM

He is i the pipeline but seems t being kept in reserve Lennon thinks he could make the grade but he nees to wait for OPEC sanctioning this (taking it too far i know but bored )

Since90+2
18-12-2016, 07:30 AM
Can't see Lennon giving him a chance. If Crane or Martin can't get in the side when we have suspensions and injuries then Shaw won't get a look in.

I seen him play against Spartans in a development game at the start of the season and he definitely has talent. Clever player with a good touch and eye for goal.

Ardenttwo
18-12-2016, 07:31 AM

Bit of a dipstick

The Spaceman
18-12-2016, 07:33 AM
Bit of a dipstick

Get back to the fracking point.

bingo70
18-12-2016, 07:37 AM

Is he not struggling to make an impact on loan at stenhousemuir?

Ronniekirk
18-12-2016, 08:03 AM
Is he not struggling to make an impact on loan at stenhousemuir?

Lennon has said he is nearing being incuded in the first team squad He needd to bulk up and get more muscle and strength He is prolific for the development squad and scored a hat trick ladt time out
But Lewis Allan was prolific at that level and went outnon loan and hardly scored
So yep Bingo it would be good to know how hebis doing on loan as if not reproducing scoring form at thst level then would suggest he isnt ready yet

keep the faith
18-12-2016, 10:30 AM
I'm not seeing our manager trusting any of our young players. Crane and Martin being stripped at 89 mins last week and standing ready to come on at the final whistle last week was illustration of that. Bringing Commons in on emergency loan and no martin on the bench yesterday is further evidence.

WhileTheChief..
18-12-2016, 10:36 AM
Aye, let's play our youth team instead, it's not as if this season is important or anything.

Fans always cry out 'play the youngsters' as if it's some kind of panacea to our problem when things aren't going well.

They're not good enough yet.

The Modfather
18-12-2016, 11:04 AM
Aye, let's play our youth team instead, it's not as if this season is important or anything.

Fans always cry out 'play the youngsters' as if it's some kind of panacea to our problem when things aren't going well.

The flip side to that is "let's just continue to pick players consistently underperforming because we have such an unbalanced squad and expect different outcomes"

No one is advocating bringing in the youngsters on mass. Against the likes of Dumbarton at home, is it really such a risk to drop an underperforming player for someone who might well not be good enough but who might also seize their opportunity, and said dropped player benefits from a break.

Hibeewilly
18-12-2016, 11:21 AM

Well said WTC

Danderhall Hibs
18-12-2016, 11:34 AM

:agree:

snooky
18-12-2016, 11:38 AM
Well said WTC

Blobby threw a few youngsters in the deep end (not by choice I grant you). I sometimes wonder what became of those guys? :coffee:

WhileTheChief..
18-12-2016, 11:47 AM
But since Blobbys lot we've not really had much success with youth players.

Recently Booth, Harris, Forster and Handling all showed potential and fans were excited about their prospects. None of them will play the game at a decent level.

Now it's Martin and Crane.

Our youth program appears to be that we coach youngsters up to a certain point, realise they're not going to make it then loan them out to lower division teams. They're largely never heard of again.

Scrap the youth policy entirely and use the money on the first team.

keep the faith
18-12-2016, 12:21 PM

Recently Booth, Harris, Forster and Handling all showed potential and fans were excited about their prospects. None of them will play the game at a decent level.

Our youth program appears to be that we coach youngsters up to a certain point, realise they're not going to make it then loan them out to lower division teams. They're largely never heard of again.

Booth plays every week in the premier league. Our guys don't.

Danderhall Hibs
18-12-2016, 12:39 PM

Barry ferguson was on the radio the other night saying that the under 20s league is no use. He got a couple of highly rated premier league 20s on loan and had to send them back cos they weren't ready. For the bottom league.

Our boys go on loan and rarely do much - it was different in the Miller, O'Connor and Riordan examples.

emerald green
18-12-2016, 12:54 PM
I admit up front I don't know much about the development squad, but it must be disheartening for these young lads if it looks like they are never going to get a chance to show what they can do in the first team. Especially at a time when the squad is severely depleted with injuries.

Some of the so called players Hibs have signed over the years, and put straight into the first team, have been f****** awful. Not fit to wear the Hibs jersey IMO. I've no doubt most Hibs fans could name some of them.

ancient hibee
18-12-2016, 01:34 PM
Shaw is clearly promising but only coming off the bench for a bottom of the table Stenhousemuir desperate for goals seems to indicate he has a wee bit to go.

NORTHERNHIBBY
18-12-2016, 01:48 PM
This thread has become a barrel of laughs!

His value goes up and down.

blackpoolhibs
18-12-2016, 02:10 PM

I wonder what the cost is for the youth teams and the academies, and if they are worth it?

WhileTheChief..
18-12-2016, 02:29 PM
No idea of the costs involved but it's also the time and effort required that could maybe be put to better use with the first team.

There's talk of bringing back the reserve league. That would be good start.

Concentrate on a squad of approx 22 players. They're either first team or reserves whatever age they may be.

Target signing promising youngsters from our competitors that are ready to play in the reserves against seasoned pros instead of playing academy games against other young boys.

More chance they will then make it into the first team. It's too big a gap just now for youngsters going from playing academy games straight into a hugely important league campaign.

RamblingJack
18-12-2016, 03:33 PM

Is his girlfriend called Olive?

Northernhibee
18-12-2016, 05:33 PM
Is he carrying an injury? He's not looking very Mobil.

Scouse Hibee
18-12-2016, 05:41 PM
Is he carrying an injury? He's not looking very Mobil.

He's fine, he was viscous to being fit at the weekend

The Leith Dutch
18-12-2016, 05:43 PM

I think the lad should get a chance on the bench to begin with and start breaking him in.

Think the problem yesterday was that we didn't create any decent chances.
Struggle to recall a decent cross, incisive pass or anyone beating a man in a crucial area.

I think you could name any striker in world football who isn't someone who can create a goal out of nothing and he'd struggle to score for us the way we played yesterday.

truehibernian
18-12-2016, 06:09 PM
Think the problem yesterday was that we didn't create any decent chances.
Struggle to recall a decent cross, incisive pass or anyone beating a man in a crucial area.

I think you could name any striker in world football who isn't someone who can create a goal out of nothing and he'd struggle to score for us the way we played yesterday.

Exactly how I saw it too. Morton were well organised and hard working. They allowed Hibs possession to a point but then had their defence and midfield nice and compact leaving no space to thread intricate passes in the final third. When we got it out wide, their midfielders closed down quickly.

Away games are going to be tricky affairs when teams set up to counter and defend in numbers. There's no doubt we miss McGinn's energy and drive in the middle of the park as well.

inglisavhibs
18-12-2016, 06:17 PM

Oli needs to hold down a place in the Stenny team before he can be considered ready for Hibs first team.

Ryan69
18-12-2016, 06:32 PM
Booth plays every week in the premier league. Our guys don't.

Sean Welsh scored against ****bos yesterday also I believe.

Dashing Bob S
18-12-2016, 06:33 PM
I wonder what the cost is for the youth teams and the academies, and if they are worth it?

I doubt any youth development set up is worth it to the individual club. Very few young players seem to come through the ranks at any given senior club and make it. Celtic will get the cream of the crop in Scotland, but they never get the games to develop their talents, then other clubs (like us) benefit, although with a player who hasn't and probably won't quite fulfill their potential. In the very same way I think other clubs benefit from our youth policy.

So wealthier clubs are essential developing players for us, while we're doing the same for the poorer clubs.
It's far from ideal, but this is essentially youth development in the UK.

Very hard to break this impasse and go back to times where you could blood several young players, given the current set up of football.

SonOfDavidFrancey
18-12-2016, 08:47 PM
I like the pun bit of this thread best.

CropleyWasGod
18-12-2016, 10:51 PM
I like the pun bit of this thread best.
Apparently his brother is better.

Derrick.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

lucky
18-12-2016, 11:05 PM

Spot on, we all want a team full of the golden generation but sadly very few ever make the grade

hibeeleicester
19-12-2016, 01:36 AM
The youth set up could cost anywhere between 200-800k a year.

jgl07
19-12-2016, 02:30 AM

If not, the club will have to Shell out for a replacement.