PDA

View Full Version : Team vs Raith

BOB MARLEYS DUG
17-12-2016, 10:52 PM
If all midfielders are still injured etc...

First things first, Cummings must start.

Laidlaw

McGregor
Hanlon
Fontaine

Gray
Shinnie
Commons
Martin
Stevenson

Cummings
Keatings

Wheat Hound
17-12-2016, 10:55 PM
Next Sat id like to see:

Laidlaw

Gray McGregor Hanlon Crane

Martin Commons Shinnie

Keatings Holt Cummings

Heisenberg
17-12-2016, 10:56 PM
Laidlaw

Gray
McGregor
Hanlon
Stevenson

Martin
Shinnie

Boyle
Commons
Keatings

Cummings

TheFamous1875
17-12-2016, 11:38 PM
I'd go:

Laidlaw.

Gray (c). McGregor. Hanlon. Stevenson.

Martin.
Shinnie. Commons.

Boyle. Cummings. Crane.

lucky
17-12-2016, 11:44 PM
Laidlaw

Gray
McGregor
Hanlon
Stevenson

Martin

Shinnie
Commons
Keatings

Holt
Cummings

wookie70
17-12-2016, 11:51 PM
I'd go
Laidlaw

Boyle McGregor Hanlon Fontaine Crane

Shinnie Martin Commons

Graham Cummings

My reasoning is we need drive and pace. It's impossible for any Hibs fan to feel comfortable dropping Gray given what his bonce has done for us but Boyle was great as a wingback in quite a few games under Stubbs. Lewis needs a rest and Bartley is far too one dimensional. From the little I have seen of Martin he is confident, gets in and around the box and has great energy. He can do some of Commons running. Graham would get the nod over Holt due to mobility and goal threat. I'd keep the back three as they have been excellent defensively so no need to change that.

18-12-2016, 12:27 AM
If all midfielders are still injured etc...

First things first, Cummings must start.

Laidlaw

McGregor
Hanlon
Fontaine

Gray
Shinnie
Commons
Martin
Stevenson

Cummings
Keatings

I'd be happy with this eleven.

Can't profess to know much about Martin but those who've attended the Development matches seem to talk highly of him. I'd give him a run.
Given limited midfield options and a home game coming up this might be good opportunity for him to start.

Toss up between Keatings or Boyle to partner Cummings up front.

Sir David Gray
18-12-2016, 12:52 AM
Assuming Keatings is ready for a start again and McGeouch is still injured, I would go with;

Laidlaw

Stevenson
Hanlon
McGregor
Gray

Bartley
Shinnie
Commons

Keatings

Cummings
Holt

SUBSS

Virtanen
Forster
Eardley
Fontaine
Martin
Boyle
Graham

RoxburghHibs
18-12-2016, 07:46 AM
This...

Laidlaw

McGregor Fontaine Hanlon

Gray Stevenson
Martin
Shinnie. Commons

Holt Cummings

or

Laidlaw

Gray McGregor Fontaine Hanlon

Bartley

Shinnie Commons Boyle

Holt Cummings

BlackSheep
18-12-2016, 07:58 AM
I'm not sure why so many of you wish to persist with Stevenson and Gray as wingbacks!!?

While I do agree that the 3 at the back is our best defence and the wingbacks give us 'width', neither Gray or Stevenson can cross the ball to save their lives! That and the fact that when we do actually break with width, both slow the game down and allow the opposition
defence to regroup!

While I know a lot of you hated Hanlon at left back, I would drop to 4 at the back with Gray as a right defensive full back and Hanlon as a left defensive full back, with McGregor and Fonts in the centre.

It seems to go unnoticed a lot on here just how much stronger our defence has been since Fontaine'a return from injury.

danhibees1875
18-12-2016, 08:25 AM
Laidlaw

Gray
McGregor
Hanlon
Stevenson

Martin

Shinnie
Commons
Keatings

Holt
Cummings

I'd like to see this. :agree:

Diclonius
18-12-2016, 08:32 AM
Anything that isn't a five man ****ing defense, with a ****ing defensive midfielder in front of them.

Beggars belief we're STILL persisting with this.

PiemanP
18-12-2016, 08:39 AM
Goalie

Crane
McGregor
Hanlon
Gray

Commons
Martin
Shinniesta
Boyle

Cummings
Holt

Cummings and holt has been our best pairing this season, stop messing JC around please Lennon.

Martin because he's a genuine all-round midfielder and it's totally bonkers why he hasn't played.

Crane because it surely cannot be possible that he is worse than Stevenson.

hibsbollah
18-12-2016, 08:42 AM
Goalie

Crane
McGregor
Hanlon
Gray

Commons
Martin
Shinniesta
Boyle

Cummings
Holt

Cummings and holt has been our best pairing this season, stop messing JC around please Lennon.

Martin because he's a genuine all-round midfielder and it's totally bonkers why he hasn't played.

Crane because it surely cannot be possible that he is worse than Stevenson.

This. In the name of the Lord.

sauzeelegod
18-12-2016, 09:40 AM
Laidlaw in goals.
Sir David right back. Lewis left back.
Hanlon and Daz centre halfs.
Shinnie, Commons , Martin and hopefully Mcgeouch in midfield. Interchanging.
Cummings and Holt up front. 4-4-2.
Play the ball on the ground. This Hoofball is utterly depressing.

supermcginn
18-12-2016, 09:50 AM
Please no 5 at the back, and get the ball on the deck instead of the hoofball nonsense! All out attack!

AlbertK86
18-12-2016, 10:12 AM
Please no 5 at the back, and get the ball on the deck instead of the hoofball nonsense! All out attack!

This is where we really miss Fyvie.

He always makes himself available to take ball from defence. Nobody doing that whilst he is out so we end up hoofing it.

Dylan does similar when fit

J-C
18-12-2016, 10:24 AM
Laidlaw

Gray
McGregor
Hanlon
Stevenson

Martin
Shinnie

Boyle
Commons
Keatings

Cummings

This

SRHibs
18-12-2016, 11:03 AM
I'd rather play with fullbacks and have Cummings on the left wing than persist with the way things are.

Liberal Hibby
18-12-2016, 11:22 AM
Anything that isn't a five man ****ing defense, with a ****ing defensive midfielder in front of them.

Only 9 goals conceded says otherwise.

Danderhall Hibs
18-12-2016, 11:28 AM
So Martin wins the popular vote and is the new saviour?

I remember threads like this about Stanton and Harris.

500miles
18-12-2016, 11:30 AM
..............Laidlaw
.....McGregor..Hanlon..Fonts
Gray......................Lewis
.......Shinnie.....Commons
.............Boyle
........Cummings...Holt

Ozyhibby
18-12-2016, 11:44 AM
I'm assuming Martin was injured yesterday or he would have been on the bench. If he's fit I would give him a game next week. I have not seen much of him but I doubt he could be any worse than Bartley was last night. I'd also play Keating and Cummings up front which shows how bad our summer signings were.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brightside
18-12-2016, 12:54 PM
I'm assuming Martin was injured yesterday or he would have been on the bench. If he's fit I would give him a game next week. I have not seen much of him but I doubt he could be any worse than Bartley was last night. I'd also play Keating and Cummings up front which shows how bad our summer signings were.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He played the whole Dev game.

Brightside
18-12-2016, 12:55 PM
I wouldn't play with full backs or with Bartley. Boyle one side, Crane the other. Commons Shinnie Martin in the middle. Holt & Cummings up top.

truehibernian
18-12-2016, 02:17 PM
I wouldn't play with full backs or with Bartley. Boyle one side, Crane the other. Commons Shinnie Martin in the middle. Holt & Cummings up top.

I think he'll play Commons at the top of a midfield diamond - Keatings can also play this role if/when he tires. I'd go Jason and Holt up top - Shinnie on left of diamond, Boyle right, Bartley sitting in front of a back 4. Daz and Hanlon the centre pairing.

erin go bragh
18-12-2016, 03:01 PM
Laidlaw

Gray
MCGregor
Fontaine
Hanlon

Shinnie
Commons
Martin

Boyle
Cummings
Keatings

Diclonius
18-12-2016, 03:26 PM
Only 9 goals conceded says otherwise.

I'd gladly trade more goals conceded for winning more games. Of course we're going to concede 9 in this division with an effective 6 man defence.

Tamhere1875
18-12-2016, 03:28 PM
Laidlaw
Forster
Hanlon
McGregor
Fontaine
Crane
Keatings
Martin
Commons
Shaw
Cummings

supermcginn
18-12-2016, 03:55 PM
Laidlaw

Gray
MCGregor
Fontaine
Hanlon

Shinnie
Commons
Martin

Boyle
Cummings
Keatings
This👍

DTS
18-12-2016, 03:55 PM
Laidlaw
Gray
McGregor
Hanlon
Stevenson
Martin(mcgeouch if fit)
Commons
Shinnie
Boyle(Keats if fit)
Holt
Cummings

Play a diamond with Martin or mcgeouch at the base and Keats or Boyle at the tip. It worked at the start of the season and we certainly created plenty of chances with it last season but didn't take them/couldn't defend. This season we've been solid at the back but painfully bad at creating chances

Theinsider
18-12-2016, 04:10 PM
This
X2

AlbertK86
18-12-2016, 05:22 PM
Laidlaw

McGregor
Hanlon
Fontaine

Gray
McGeouch if fit - otherwise Martin
Shinnie
Crane

Commons

Cummings
Keatings if fit - otherwise Holt

StevieCowan
18-12-2016, 06:24 PM
Laidlaw

McGregor
Hanlon
Fontaine

Gray
McGeouch if fit - otherwise Martin
Shinnie
Crane

Commons

Cummings
Keatings if fit - otherwise Holt

:aok:

Gmack7
18-12-2016, 06:48 PM
Laidlaw
Gray magregor Hanlon
Boyle Crane
Martin
Commons shinnie
Cummings keatings

stevie-bee
18-12-2016, 08:49 PM
I think we should go back to 442,
Laidlaw
Gray McGregor hanlon Stevenson
Marv
Dylan (if fit) Shinnie
Commons
Jason. Holt

If Dylan's not fit boyle
, Boyle's been poor lately go. Back to bring him on as an impact player,
Or put gray into midfield and put Jordon at right back extra height for set pieces as well ,

Nicho87
18-12-2016, 11:09 PM
Laidlaw
Gray Mcgregor Hanlon Stevenson

Ahh sod it. Just a team that can pass the ball on the ground and turn up for a full 90 minutes please mr lennon

eastcoasthibby
19-12-2016, 12:12 AM
Can we move away from anyone having Boyle as a main striker ...the last few weeks ha e proved he isn't that ..the games where has played well is when the game is quite open and when he comes from a bit deeper running at players in wider areas! Bartley gives nothing in terms of football , can't pass, header, jump, no pace and actually takes any pace out of the game that may be there and also he wanders, struggles to play in a game where he has a bit of time to think, so Scott Martin becomes the obvious choice ! I think we need to change and go 442 or 343....

Cummings to start , with Boyle and Keating s in advanced wide areas..up against fullbacks ..an opinion ...

The Leith Dutch
19-12-2016, 12:27 AM
I'd go

Laidlaw
Gray McGregor Hanlon Stevenson
Bartley
Commons Shinnie
Boyle Holt Cummings

Use Holt to hold the ball up with Commons and Shinnie running on to him
and Boyle and Cummings playing off him.

AZhibee
19-12-2016, 12:43 AM
Cummings + 10 other players, 1 of which should be a keeper. 😃

Jones28
19-12-2016, 12:48 AM
If it's not too controversial...a diamond would be my suggestion:

Laidlaw
Gray DM PH LS/CC
MB
AS as right mid
MB as left mid
KC as attacking mid

JC and BG up front

MacGruber
19-12-2016, 08:06 AM

Exactly. Spot on.

hibs#1
19-12-2016, 09:07 AM
Bartley was awful the other night but he is very useful when playing with 2 centre backs if we continue too play with with 3 then he isn't needed,if we play with 3 at the back I'd like too see someone who is better on the ball in that position.

Ideally I'd go for 4-2-3-1 with Cummings being the striker.

Super_JMcGinn
19-12-2016, 10:03 AM
:cb
I'd go

Laidlaw
Bartley
Commons Shinnie
Boyle Holt Cummings

Use Holt to hold the ball up with Commons and Shinnie running on to him
and Boyle and Cummings playing off him.

Oh I hope that is the team on Saturday. We need to ditch this 352 garbage against these minnows. It was perfect against the likes of the Rangers and when we were up against Premiership teams but against teams in this league we should be more attack minded.

California-Hibs
19-12-2016, 10:10 AM
Laidlaw

Gray
McGregor
Hanlon
Stevenson

Martin

Shinnie
Commons
Keatings

Holt
Cummings

That's the team for me.

Hamish
19-12-2016, 11:56 AM
That's the team for me.

Might be interesting to see who, from the first team squad, gets a start in tomorrow's Development game.

WhileTheChief..
19-12-2016, 12:51 PM
Why's everyone so keen to see Martin play?

Have I missed something with him? Has he been a standout in u20 games or something?

I've not heard him mentioned by NL or in any of the papers and know nowt about him myself.

Nothing against the lad, just wondering where this is all coming from.

J-C
19-12-2016, 01:43 PM

Have I missed something with him? Has he been a standout in u20 games or something?

I've not heard him mentioned by NL or in any of the papers and know nowt about him myself.

Started the 1st game against Falkirk and played fairly well, on the bench a few times and like Crane was told he'd be back up for the 1st team, seemingly a standout in Dev games like Crane.

Smartie
19-12-2016, 01:50 PM

He's done well in the first team when he's been called upon.

He's done well for the development side.

He's done well when out on loan.

We're crying out for midfielders.

We always like to see a young player given a chance, we like it even more when they take that chance and establish themselves with us.

Ell_Chrisso
19-12-2016, 02:03 PM
Laidlaw
Bartley McGeouch
Boyle Shinnie Commons
Cummings

Salt N Sauzee
19-12-2016, 02:32 PM
What's the new obsession with this Martin kid?

J-C
19-12-2016, 03:23 PM

We need to show these youngsters that we believe in them, Martin is a very decent capable young midfielder who should've been given a chance when we are 3 midfielders short, what is the point of developing these lads if we're going to ignore them.

Allant1981
19-12-2016, 04:12 PM
Laidlaw
Gray
Mcgregor
Hanlon
Crane
Boyle
Shinnie
Commons
Stevenson
Keatings
Cummings

TheFamous1875
19-12-2016, 04:49 PM
The point re Martin is that we should always be trying to nurture and develop our youth.

When they have the chance to come in (see Crane-gate when Stevenson was suspended) they should get their chance to experience playing for the club and being given the responsibility of wearing the shirt.

Sam Stanton came through under Terry Butcher and impressed greatly but should have been side-lined when his form tailed. He wasn't, and wasn't supported by experienced pros to take his place and it hampered his development - same goes for any player who keeps on getting played when they're out of form (Boyle and Bartley and Stevenson are arguably on this trajectory right now).

Martin should be getting his chance over Bartley as it suits the formation we're (wrongly IMO) sticking with and Bartley's game doesn't suit it at all. Stevenson needs a rest and to remember that his place is not a given (not that he's being cavalier with it; he always gives 100%, but it's good to keep all players on their toes).

Bring Martin & Crane in and give them a wee chance; either they'll sink and they'll rightfully be taken out of the team again or they'll swim and stay there until they (naturally being inexperienced youth) start to have a dip in form and other players (like Stevenson et al) can come in fresh and take over again and keep it going from there. Talent is constant - form is cyclical.

GreenCastle
19-12-2016, 05:08 PM
Having watched development games Martin hasn't really stood out as such.

He's not a Bartley but he's not a Shinnie - somewhere in between as a player.

The one thing he has is hunger - he actually started the first game of the season v Falkirk and did fine (though was subbed) - he's hardly played any mins since.

Lennon wants to win and experience seems to be getting the nod over the up and coming players - I can understand that as we NEED promotion.

Martin isn't a goal scoring midfielder or a play maker so hard to see where and why he would start except for giving youth a chance and freshness.

I do think we need to look at adapting out style - 4-3-3 or 4-4-2 will see us more open but we need to find places in the team for those who score goals.

Best strikers..with goals in them

Cummings
Keatings (until he was injured)
Holt
Boyle
Graham

Midfield Goals will come from..

Commons
Shinnie
SJM

With these players I would probably go 4-3-3

GK

Gary (Captain)
Hanlon
McGregor
Stevenson

Bartley (can sit - allow Gray and Stevenson to still push on or Martin sits)

Shinnie (have the stamina to track back?)
Commons (have the stamina to track back?)

Boyle - width and pace
Holt / Keatings / Graham
Cummings (on left but can still get into dangerous situations)

When everyone is fit we are going to have quite a few selection headaches..

2 up front has to be Cummings and Holt
3 up front surely has - Cummings Holt and Boyle or Keatings

Keatings / Cummings / Boyle all bring movement and runs in behind to the team though Holt and Graham bring a target for plan B.

Smartie
19-12-2016, 05:22 PM
What I've liked about Martin is his energy.

We seem to have a few either defensive or attacking midfielders but no "box to box" midfielders.

Bartley's not going to offer anything going forward but Commons isn't going to offer anything much defensively. In a midfield 3, Martin would be a useful foil for these other players.

Sometimes there is a place in a midfield for a "jack of all trades, master of none". If Martin can tank about occasionally winning the ball, passing reasonably well, supporting attackers where he can, winning the odd header (without being amazing at any of these things) then he could be a very useful addition to our midfield.

GreenCastle
19-12-2016, 06:17 PM
What I've liked about Martin is his energy.

We seem to have a few either defensive or attacking midfielders but no "box to box" midfielders.

Bartley's not going to offer anything going forward but Commons isn't going to offer anything much defensively. In a midfield 3, Martin would be a useful foil for these other players.

Sometimes there is a place in a midfield for a "jack of all trades, master of none". If Martin can tank about occasionally winning the ball, passing reasonably well, supporting attackers where he can, winning the odd header (without being amazing at any of these things) then he could be a very useful addition to our midfield.

Decent assessment - in this league we are vulnerable of the counter attack but as others have pointed out if we actually just went for it and scored more than the opposition I am sure we would be in a better place.

I'm not sure if Bartley has ever had a shot on goal - let alone scored for the club. I like the guy and he will be needed against better teams but in this league I don't think we require any type of defensive midfielder home or away.

He played 70 mins against Falkirk in August - any more games he's featured?

Brightside
19-12-2016, 07:39 PM
I honestly don't understand why people are still wanting Bartley in the team. He can't pass, he doesnt show for the defender (hence why we are now lumping it up), and he is slower than Xmas day at the in-laws. His only job is to stop teams and almost no teams in this league attack us through the middle. We MUST stop being so defensive against what are very poor football teams.

stevie-bee
19-12-2016, 07:44 PM
I honestly don't understand why people are still wanting Bartley in the team. He can't pass, he doesnt show for the defender (hence why we are now lumping it up), and he is slower than Xmas day at the in-laws. His only job is to stop teams and almost no teams in this league attack us through the middle. We MUST stop being so defensive against what are very poor football teams.
Because he's about the only fit midfielder we have , when everyone fit I can't see him getting a game

Brightside
19-12-2016, 08:51 PM
Because he's about the only fit midfielder we have , when everyone fit I can't see him getting a game

He has missed ONE league game this season.

fishybeaver
19-12-2016, 08:53 PM
How anyone can still think Boyle should start baffles me.

stevie-bee
19-12-2016, 09:18 PM
He was on the bench for most of October and November, just checked tho official site ,

J-C
19-12-2016, 09:39 PM

Bartley has played 14 league games, 4 as a sub, we have played 17 games.

Danderhall Hibs
19-12-2016, 10:00 PM

Desperation.

He should be out on loan proving himself. Being a superstar in the 20s means nothing.

wookie70
19-12-2016, 10:04 PM
Best strikers..with goals in them

Cummings
Keatings (until he was injured)
Holt
Boyle
Graham

Minutes to score a goal for Hibs in Championship all seasons they have played. ie Cummings is over 2 and 1/2 seasons

Cummings 127.3
Keatings 203.6
Holt 330.6 One goal out of the 3 was a penalty
Boyle 228.2
Graham 117.8

If you take all goals scored in the Championship regardless of club then Keatings does better at a goal every 166.9 minutes and Graham worse at 180.3 minutes for a goal. None beat Jason though who has an excellent return of more than 2 goals every 3 games.

If you want your strikers to score goals. I'm of the belief that is their biggest purpose I would want to start with Graham, Keatings and Cummings. They all move and they all score. If you want strikers to be a pest play Holt and if you want them to have pace pick Boyle. A very simplistic view but I think the goal scoring figures might continue at a similar rate throughout the season looking at the finishing from the strikers.

hfc rd
19-12-2016, 10:31 PM
Laidlaw

Gray
McGregor
Hanlon
Crane

Martin

Boyle
Shinnie
Commons

Graham
Cummings

northstandhibby
19-12-2016, 10:39 PM
Laidlaw

Fontaine

Boyle Commons Shinnie

Keatings Cummings

4 1 3 2

The Leith Dutch
19-12-2016, 10:44 PM

I agree we shouldn't be so defensive but I do think Bartley has a place.
He breaks up other teams midfield play which is required.
The issue is that we're not attack minded enough with the rest of the team.

Playing 3 centre backs plus Bartley is wrong.
Proper back 4 and Bartley there not to protect them but to bully the opposition midfield which he does well.

If we play at least 4 of the remaining 5 outfield roles in that set up as attackers then that works for me.
4 at the back + midfield bully + 5 attacking players of midfield and strikers.

Mikey09
19-12-2016, 11:14 PM
So Martin wins the popular vote and is the new saviour?

I remember threads like this about Stanton and Harris.

Yip. And if he played poor there would be a thread on here wanting him punted as he's "had his chance."
The league won't be won or lost just now. It'll be won and lost in March and April when we will have our full squad to choose from.

GreenCastle
19-12-2016, 11:52 PM
Minutes to score a goal for Hibs in Championship all seasons they have played. ie Cummings is over 2 and 1/2 seasons

Cummings 127.3
Keatings 203.6
Holt 330.6 One goal out of the 3 was a penalty
Boyle 228.2
Graham 117.8

If you take all goals scored in the Championship regardless of club then Keatings does better at a goal every 166.9 minutes and Graham worse at 180.3 minutes for a goal. None beat Jason though who has an excellent return of more than 2 goals every 3 games.

If you want your strikers to score goals. I'm of the belief that is their biggest purpose I would want to start with Graham, Keatings and Cummings. They all move and they all score. If you want strikers to be a pest play Holt and if you want them to have pace pick Boyle. A very simplistic view but I think the goal scoring figures might continue at a similar rate throughout the season looking at the finishing from the strikers.

Stats can be misleading but I do think it's quite simple.

Pick a team that has goals in it - pick the players who are scoring.

Keatings played when in form..and scored
Boyle played when in form..and scored (confidence massively dented after Utd pen miss)
Cummings started off in form (goals) then was dropped as form dipped but needs to start games...the guy scores goals - ok maybe he does have a lot of chances but mostly his goals win us games.

Again it's not really the strikers for me - it's the midfielders lack of goals..would love to see stats for the last 3 seasons - goals from midfield as I would be amazed if any midfielder scored over 6 goals.

NikGunnarsson
19-12-2016, 11:52 PM
Laidlaw

Eardley
McGregor
Hanlon
Crane

Squirrel
Commons
Shinniesta
Harris

Holt
Cummings

Subs
Virtanen
Graham
Keatings
Martin
Fontaine
Stevenson

The best I have seen us this season was against Motherwell in pre-season where we used width and pace to create chances and Holt the big guy to in headers and get the ball into Jase who really should be starting, Eardley and Crane are due a start as Gray and Stevenson have been underperforming for a while a tbh a break might do them the world of good. And don't get the animosity towards Martin, the boy has been progressing nicely and his time will come when it comes. Surely we all just want to see one of our best prospects get some more first team action?

Big L
20-12-2016, 12:22 AM
Keeper

McGregor Hanlon Fonts

Gray Crane

Bartley

Martin Shinnie

Commons

Holt Cummings

The_Horde
20-12-2016, 12:30 AM
Keeper

Gray Mcgregor Hanlon Stevenson

Commons Bartley Shinnie

Keatings

Cummings Holt

wookie70
20-12-2016, 12:35 AM
Stats can be misleading but I do think it's quite simple.

Pick a team that has goals in it - pick the players who are scoring.

Keatings played when in form..and scored
Boyle played when in form..and scored (confidence massively dented after Utd pen miss)
Cummings started off in form (goals) then was dropped as form dipped but needs to start games...the guy scores goals - ok maybe he does have a lot of chances but mostly his goals win us games.

Again it's not really the strikers for me - it's the midfielders lack of goals..would love to see stats for the last 3 seasons - goals from midfield as I would be amazed if any midfielder scored over 6 goals.

I agree to an extent but Keating has only scored once so not a great example. Boyle has continued to play for a good while despite not scoring Cummings did go a wee bit cold but nothing compared to Holt. The simple fact is the only players who score in our team are the strikers and only really Graham, Keatings and mostly Cummings on a regular basis.

The main midfielders Dylan - 0, John McGinn -4 Fraser F - 2 and Bartley -0 and Shinnie - 1 have scored 7 goals between them since we have been in the championship. Shinnie and McGinn have scored 1 each this year. Our normal back five have scored 14 in total in the Championship, albeit most have been there since the Championship campaigns started. Darren joined later but got 4 for The Rangers in the season before. To me they are pretty scary statistics and you are certainly not wrong in saying we have a lack of goals from midfield!!

I looked at Dundee Utd and their midfield have scored 14 this season with Andreu (http://uk.soccerway.com/players/anthony-andreu/85643/) on 7. Their Strikers only have 5 though. Falkirk's Midfielders have scored 6 this season and Raith Rovers 7.

Statistics can be misleading but when the periods of time they are over is quite long they tend to be a good indicator if not the whole story.

GreenCastle
20-12-2016, 01:42 AM
I agree to an extent but Keating has only scored once so not a great example. Boyle has continued to play for a good while despite not scoring Cummings did go a wee bit cold but nothing compared to Holt. The simple fact is the only players who score in our team are the strikers and only really Graham, Keatings and mostly Cummings on a regular basis.

The main midfielders Dylan - 0, John McGinn -4 Fraser F - 2 and Bartley -0 and Shinnie - 1 have scored 7 goals between them since we have been in the championship. Shinnie and McGinn have scored 1 each this year. Our normal back five have scored 14 in total in the Championship, albeit most have been there since the Championship campaigns started. Darren joined later but got 4 for The Rangers in the season before. To me they are pretty scary statistics and you are certainly not wrong in saying we have a lack of goals from midfield!!

I looked at Dundee Utd and their midfield have scored 14 this season with Andreu (http://uk.soccerway.com/players/anthony-andreu/85643/) on 7. Their Strikers only have 5 though. Falkirk's Midfielders have scored 6 this season and Raith Rovers 7.

Statistics can be misleading but when the periods of time they are over is quite long they tend to be a good indicator if not the whole story.

Thanks for this - the midfield stats are scary but not surprising.

I expect Shinnie and SJM to score more often when playing - they are very attack minded.

Commons has obviously been brought in to add creativity and goals.

You can nearly get away without being a goal scoring midfielder if you are an assist king like Ozil or a midfielder who breaks up play like Matic but others don't really do either.

Until the Scottish Cup final last season we rarely scored from corners and also rarely score from outside the box.

Again Hibs probably have the stats of our set piece ratios and where all our goals have been scored from but I can't remember many long range shots like SJM at Ayr.

Brooster
20-12-2016, 07:31 AM
Its all about opinions of course but Im having difficulty in understanding why some folk are still picking Bartley. He has been horrendous.

BoomtownHibees
20-12-2016, 08:12 AM
Its all about opinions of course but Im having difficulty in understanding why some folk are still picking Bartley. He has been horrendous.

Especially the folk choosing him as well as 3 centre halfs and 2 defenders as wing backs.

Salt N Sauzee
20-12-2016, 08:30 AM
We need to show these youngsters that we believe in them, Martin is a very decent capable young midfielder who should've been given a chance when we are 3 midfielders short, what is the point of developing these lads if we're going to ignore them.

Smacks of desperation to be honest.

GreenCastle
20-12-2016, 10:07 AM
Will be interesting to see who plays for Hibs in the development game game against Dundee today.

We can't afford any more injuries but some players do need game time to help match sharpness.