PDA

View Full Version : Marothanbet

AugustaHibs
17-12-2016, 08:47 PM
On a day which wasn't too good on the pitch I thought off it was great, big thanks to the guys at marathonbet!

HappyAsHellas
17-12-2016, 11:53 PM
Great day out, thoroughly enjoyable meeting all the legends, just a shame the team never turned up.

18-12-2016, 12:10 AM
Fair play to Marathon Bet. Good to see a sponsor interacting with its supporters instead of just being a faceless logo on a shirt.
I was in the car with three others because work times on one meant we could take advantage of the bus but well done to them for laying on the transport for others.

monktonharp
18-12-2016, 08:23 PM
turned out to be a very good day, from our point of view. the venue was spot on, the kids enjoyed the atmosphere and our members enjoyed the free drinks, the band , the short question/answer session with ex-Hibs legends and the Sunshine on Leth among other songs. Well done Marathon bet: aok:

dangermouse
19-12-2016, 12:05 PM
Free drink, a can of Tennents Lager :sick: (no other alcoholic drink available with your beer token).

A can of Innes & Gunn £4.50 (you can get 4 for a fiver in Tesco). Other prices just as much as a rip off.

Good idea from Marathon Bet but needs to be organised better if they do it again.

I left early.

Albanian Hibs
19-12-2016, 01:48 PM
Where was the venue?

hibs0666
19-12-2016, 01:53 PM
Where was the venue?

http://www.stlukesglasgow.com/

calumhibee1
19-12-2016, 02:02 PM
Free drink, a can of Tennents Lager :sick: (no other alcoholic drink available with your beer token).

A can of Innes & Gunn £4.50 (you can get 4 for a fiver in Tesco). Other prices just as much as a rip off.

Good idea from Marathon Bet but needs to be organised better if they do it again.

I left early.

I don't drink innis & Finn but would you get an innis & gunn much cheaper than that anywhere but a supermarket? I don't think £4.50 is that bad for what I've always presumed is a much more expensive beer than say Tennents..

hibbysam
19-12-2016, 05:00 PM

I left early.

You get 8 cans of irn bru for £2, yet they still get sold for £1.50+ each in pubs. I mean seriously complaining when you got free travel and a free can of beer when you got there, as well as free entertainment and then had to pay pub prices for lager especially when it's a booking of course the pub will make sure they do well from it.

One of the best bits of promoting our sponsors have ever done for our support, every other sponsor chuck there name on the shirt and forget about us, we have weekly shows on Hibs tv and they took 6 buses to an away game while giving them all a free drink and we complain 😂

CallumLaidlaw
19-12-2016, 05:06 PM
I don't drink innis & Finn but would you get an innis & gunn much cheaper than that anywhere but a supermarket? I don't think £4.50 is that bad for what I've always presumed is a much more expensive beer than say Tennents..

A pint of innis & gunn is around £4.75 plus in Edinburgh city centre

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brooster
19-12-2016, 05:34 PM

I left early.

Thats gratitude for you. I was there and really enjoyed myself. Thanks to Hibs and Marathonbet for organising.

beensaidbefore
19-12-2016, 05:45 PM
You get 8 cans of irn bru for £2, yet they still get sold for £1.50+ each in pubs. I mean seriously complaining when you got free travel and a free can of beer when you got there, as well as free entertainment and then had to pay pub prices for lager especially when it's a booking of course the pub will make sure they do well from it.

One of the best bits of promoting our sponsors have ever done for our support, every other sponsor chuck there name on the shirt and forget about us, we have weekly shows on Hibs tv and they took 6 buses to an away game while giving them all a free drink and we complain 😂

Good point, well made. Nice gesture on their part, especially at this time of year.

Bay Area Hibees
19-12-2016, 05:47 PM
I work for a global brand in USA that sponsors lots of things. We've never done anything as fan centric as this, really good job by marathonbet.

.Sean.
19-12-2016, 05:55 PM

I left early.
Do you drink in any nice places in Edinburgh and if so how much do you think is reasonable?

Stick to drinking ***** like pints of pisswater such as Carling at 3.30 a pop moanychops :aok:

Honestly never understand folk that complain about drinks being say a pound dearer. Unless you've got a George Best-esque habit and you'll be sinking 20 pints quit your complaining and stop being a tight arse.

lyonhibs
19-12-2016, 06:05 PM
Do you drink in any nice places in Edinburgh and if so how much do you think is reasonable?

Stick to drinking ***** like pints of pisswater such as Carling at 3.30 a pop moanychops :aok:

Honestly never understand folk that complain about drinks being say a pound dearer. Unless you've got a George Best-esque habit and you'll be sinking 20 pints quit your complaining and stop being a tight arse.

:agree::agree:

Or grumble about free drink. I'm delighted if I go to a nice place in Edinburgh and can get any sort of decent change out of £10 for 2 pints.

dangermouse
19-12-2016, 07:31 PM
In reply to all of the above I'm not moaning at Marathon Bet as has been mentioned they have done more than any other shirt sponsor we have had. What I am moaning about is rip off prices by the venue. Yes Innes & Gunn is a more expensive pint and had it been on draft then I wouldn't have complained but this was in cans. I got the feeling they were capitalising on a captive audience especially when you see them writing the price board after we have arrived, a lets make as much money out of these (insert expletive) from Edinburgh attitude. I'd be interested to know if anyone has gone there before (since it's near the Barrowlands) and if the prices were the same.

Anyone who has drunk Tennents out of a can will know it's a crap drink even for free.

Glad lots of folk enjoyed themselves though it just wasn't for me but that doesn't make me a bad person I was just expressing an opinion.

Lastly, I don't drink Carling, it's worse than (free) Tennents :greengrin

monktonharp
19-12-2016, 08:30 PM
In reply to all of the above I'm not moaning at Marathon Bet as has been mentioned they have done more than any other shirt sponsor we have had. What I am moaning about is rip off prices by the venue. Yes Innes & Gunn is a more expensive pint and had it been on draft then I wouldn't have complained but this was in cans. I got the feeling they were capitalising on a captive audience especially when you see them writing the price board after we have arrived, a lets make as much money out of these (insert expletive) from Edinburgh attitude. I'd be interested to know if anyone has gone there before (since it's near the Barrowlands) and if the prices were the same.

Anyone who has drunk Tennents out of a can will know it's a crap drink even for free.

Glad lots of folk enjoyed themselves though it just wasn't for me but that doesn't make me a bad person I was just expressing an opinion.

Lastly, I don't drink Carling, it's worse than (free) Tennents :greengrinthink you might find that it is a well used music venue,if you look at their website and check some of the comments. price-wise, I am not sure of the going rate for such. However, I will say again that I enjoyed it,all of our branch members did and also I hate lager but if it's free then get a couple down you and suddenly it's fine. especially when the non-drinkers hand back the green tokens:thumbsup:..Marathon did a sterling job in conjuction with Hibernian fc and the Hibernian supporters association as far as I am concerned. there were free buses for the regular 6 branches that travel, added to the other buses leaving from Easter Road stadium.:flag::flag::flag:

hibee1875
20-12-2016, 03:24 AM

Lastly, I don't drink Carling, it's worse than (free) Tennents :greengrin

Licensing laws state that the price of alcohol must stay the same for 72 hours. This is to stop happy hours etc. So the price they had for this party is the same that they would have charged the rest of their customers for the rest of the weekend.

There is no east/west agenda as so many love to believe.

Glory Lurker
20-12-2016, 07:48 PM
Nothing wrong with Tennents. I take it it doesn't go with prawn sandwiches, though? :rolleyes: :greengrin

Dunbar Hibee
20-12-2016, 11:17 PM
Nothing wrong with Tennents. I take it it doesn't go with prawn sandwiches, though? :rolleyes: :greengrin

Exactly. Can't beat a Tennents be it in a can or a pint!!

bigstu
21-12-2016, 12:16 AM
They also gave out a santa hat to every away fan at Tannadice! Fair play to them for all their efforts, it is great to see.

Hibernian Verse
21-12-2016, 11:33 AM
Licensing laws state that the price of alcohol must stay the same for 72 hours. This is to stop happy hours etc. So the price they had for this party is the same that they would have charged the rest of their customers for the rest of the weekend.

There is no east/west agenda as so many love to believe.
Don't let the law get in the way of a good unsubstantiated moan!

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

21-12-2016, 01:41 PM
Very good sponsor. A new company thats doing its best to get it's name spread and it is working. Well done :top marks