PDA

View Full Version : Poor Performance, Poor Result

Dashing Bob S
17-12-2016, 07:12 PM
Stronger defensively than under Stubbs era but we're no longer dominating teams, nor are we creating the myriad of chances we used to miss.

Wouldn't give anybody -bar Cummings and only for that great strike- pass marks today. Shinnie is the only one who tries to play football but is too easily knocked off the ball and final pass often poor. Commons was almost totally anonymous.

MacGruber
17-12-2016, 07:19 PM
Poor manager

where'stheslope
17-12-2016, 07:22 PM
Stronger defensively than under Stubbs era but we're no longer dominating teams, nor are we creating the myriad of chances we used to miss.

Wouldn't give anybody -bar Cummings and only for that great strike- pass marks today. Shinnie is the only one who tries to play football but is too easily knocked off the ball and final pass often poor. Commons was almost totally anonymous.

Commons will see very little of the ball while we are howitzering the ball over midfield?

We had some better crossing tonight but the player up front were in position for the bad crosses we have been putting in?

Cummings will score goals but needs to keep himself in check when things go against him or the team, felt he should've been booked for bouncing the ball in front of the ref!

Defense seems to have to many last ditch tackles in the box, we were lucky tonight, on other occasions we could be conceding goals or penalties!!!

Nakedmanoncrack
17-12-2016, 07:31 PM
Have clearly went backwards- (from a point where we were miles off the pace in this league).

Pretty Boy
17-12-2016, 07:33 PM
That was utter *****. Which ties in with many of the performances this season.

Crap performance, crap result (albeit better than we deserved) and anyone saying otherwise is at it.

rotherhamrob
17-12-2016, 07:42 PM

We should be stronger defensively dB,we've got 6 playing at the back😉

matty_f
17-12-2016, 07:49 PM
Brutal performance and I thought we were fortunate to get the point.

We lost a big lead on United and I'm certainly not confident that we'll stay ahead of them. Based on the last couple of performance it's only a matter of time before we're the team doing the chasing. Again.

The Captain....
17-12-2016, 07:58 PM
Was absolutely diabolical, as it has been for large parts of the season. Lennon seems to want to make every game into a physical battle and shell the ball forward at the first opportunity to strikers (Cummings apart) who are not mobile or/and have shocking first touches for pro footballers.

I've said it elsewhere but our zero risk, basic, back 5 and holding mid tactics are more reminiscent of a team in a relegation struggle than one trying to supposedly 'skoosh' a league.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

lucky
17-12-2016, 08:33 PM
That was utter *****. Which ties in with many of the performances this season.

Crap performance, crap result (albeit better than we deserved) and anyone saying otherwise is at it.

Jim Duffy and the Morton players interviewed after the game were delighted to get a point. So are they at it?

West lower
17-12-2016, 08:57 PM
As a side note to our recent performances, maybe the people who always criticise Fyvie will now realise what he brings to the team. It was no coincidence that we fell away badly last season too when he went out injured. A massive miss to the team.

Deansy
17-12-2016, 09:02 PM
Commons will see very little of the ball while we are howitzering the ball over midfield?

We had some better crossing tonight but the player up front were in position for the bad crosses we have been putting in?

Cummings will score goals but needs to keep himself in check when things go against him or the team, felt he should've been booked for bouncing the ball in front of the ref!

Defense seems to have to many last ditch tackles in the box, we were lucky tonight, on other occasions we could be conceding goals or penalties!!!

Every single time - seems it's now become second-nature, get the ball to the backs and belt it up-field, not to anyone in particular, just boot it it up-field !!

Pretty Boy
17-12-2016, 09:08 PM
Jim Duffy and the Morton players interviewed after the game were delighted to get a point. So are they at it?

They were playing a team that is in theory the best in the league, of course they were delighted to get a point.

Are you disputing it was a crap performance and result? For all our injury woes Morton had 2 regulars, including their star man, missing tonight as well. I stand by my point any Hibs fan coming on here and trying to dress that up tonight is at it.

matty_f
17-12-2016, 09:10 PM
As a side note to our recent performances, maybe the people who always criticise Fyvie will now realise what he brings to the team. It was no coincidence that we fell away badly last season too when he went out injured. A massive miss to the team.

:agree:

The Modfather
17-12-2016, 09:11 PM

There's enough nonsense being posted at the moment without your poor attempt at trolling.

Morton have a fraction of our budget and the height of their realistic ambition is the playoffs so a point against the title favourites is of course a good poain't for them. That doesn't automatically mean it is a good point for us as well, but you know all that.

emerald green
17-12-2016, 09:13 PM
After tonight's performance does anyone seriously think Hibs will "skoosh" the Championship?

BT58
17-12-2016, 09:27 PM
3/4 players missing injured shows that the pool we have is not good enough. Morton is a hard place to go to with a full team. They havent lost one game at home. United scraped a 0-0 with a full strength team a few weeks back. Lets bring in our targets and move on. Commons looks a player who could do damage. We wont Skoosh the league but i expect us to be clear soon

Swedish hibee
17-12-2016, 09:31 PM
Awful stuff again tonight and quite simply- not good enough.
And once again, as it always does, it came down to Cummings to sort us out. How he gets so much abuse on here from some posters, is shocking.

Ricky Bobby
17-12-2016, 09:34 PM
3/4 players missing injured shows that the pool we have is not good enough. Morton is a hard place to go to with a full team. They havent lost one game at home. United scraped a 0-0 with a full strength team a few weeks back. Lets bring in our targets and move on. Commons looks a player who could do damage. We wont Skoosh the league but i expect us to be clear soon

Based on what exactly? Serious question.

murray26
17-12-2016, 09:34 PM
Awful stuff again tonight and quite simply- not good enough.
And once again, as it always does, it came down to Cummings to sort us out. How he gets so much abuse on here from some posters, is shocking.
The so called experts..

Canon Hannan
17-12-2016, 09:35 PM

Great post 👍🙏

Nicho87
17-12-2016, 09:39 PM
The biggest motivation for the boys should have been utd dropping points. They failed plus the manager to get them going for 3 points. The football on offer just now is utter dross.

hibbysam
17-12-2016, 09:46 PM
Brutal performance and I thought we were fortunate to get the point.

We lost a big lead on United and I'm certainly not confident that we'll stay ahead of them. Based on the last couple of performance it's only a matter of time before we're the team doing the chasing. Again.

We've been mince, but united have arguably been worse the last two weeks (results wise) and are scraping 1-0 wins nearly every week. If our narrow wins are going to turn into defeats soon, who's to say there's won't as well.

Golden Bear
17-12-2016, 09:49 PM
The biggest motivation for the boys should have been utd dropping points. They failed plus the manager to get them going for 3 points. The football on offer just now is utter dross.

Spot on. But roll on next week. I've got Hibsitis sadly.

Vini1875
17-12-2016, 10:13 PM
I fully expect us to improve. I think Hibs were always going to struggle with the loss of McGinn and Fyfie in particular. I don't get why Cummings is out but he is proving himself again and if he continues to produce will make it impossible for the manager to keep him out. This is good for us as a hungry Cummings is to our advantage. This team for the last two seasons has been overly reliant of Cummings goals. The situation is not new. DUFC would suffer a huge drop in form and results if three or four first team players suddenly picked up injuries.

We are a championship side, sometimes masquerading as a Premiership side. I love Stubbs, but he was 10 minutes from getting the sack having failed to take us up.

Lennon has managed to get us to stop losing daft goals, while not pretty it is a start. With a full team we will score more goals and one more window will get us a couple of players which will make the difference to winning this league.

As for Commons for a player who has had no game time in months, he gave me cause for optimism. I look forward to McGinn, Fyfie and Commons in midfield feeding a hungry Cummings.

matty_f
17-12-2016, 10:15 PM
The so called experts..

Who called them experts?

Sir David Gray
17-12-2016, 10:43 PM
If we can get through the next three games undefeated I'll be quite confident about the rest of the season.

We have been crap over the last few weeks, ever since we lost McGinn and Fyvie really, and yet we still find ourselves top. I expect us to do good business next month and hopefully that will see us pull clear of Dundee Utd.

NAE NOOKIE
17-12-2016, 11:23 PM
Lets not kid on, that was a poor performance and not because we have 3 of our best midfielders out ... the basics of the game like passing, crossing and picking the right and intelligent pass were all short of what you should expect from professional footballers, that's why it was a poor performance not because of the players who were missing.

Add that to a manager who plays 6 defenders if you include Bartley, who certainly isn't a forward thinking player, and you will get what we got this evening, a team who hardly got a shot in on goal all night.

We were bloody lucky to get away with a draw .... Over the last week or two you are seeing more and more folk going 'aye, but eventually Utd have to have a bad run' .... well I bloody hope so, because if we continue to play like that we are going to need a bad run from Utd to keep us in contention.

Our next game is a tough one as well and after a performance like that Neil Lennon has to have a good look at himself and know that we have to improve massively from what we saw tonight. Yes its unlucky that we have 3 first picks injured, but boo hoo the football gods just laugh at stuff like that ... good managers know how to find a way round bad luck and spit in their eye, time for NL to step up and show why we are allegedly lucky to have a manager who is supposed to be above managing a club at this level.

17-12-2016, 11:32 PM
Lets not kid on, that was a poor performance and not because we have 3 of our best midfielders out ... the basics of the game like passing, crossing and picking the right and intelligent pass were all short of what you should expect from professional footballers, that's why it was a poor performance not because of the players who were missing.

Add that to a manager who plays 6 defenders if you include Bartley, who certainly isn't a forward thinking player, and you will get what we got this evening, a team who hardly got a shot in on goal all night.

We were bloody lucky to get away with a draw .... Over the last week or two you are seeing more and more folk going 'aye, but eventually Utd have to have a bad run' .... well I bloody hope so, because if we continue to play like that we are going to need a bad run from Utd to keep us in contention.

Our next game is a tough one as well and after a performance like that Neil Lennon has to have a good look at himself and know that we have to improve massively from what we saw tonight. Yes its unlucky that we have 3 first picks injured, but boo hoo the football gods just laugh at stuff like that ... good managers know how to find a way round bad luck and spit in their eye, time for NL to step up and show why we are allegedly lucky to have a manager who is supposed to be above managing a club at this level.

Agree Duff Jimmy will be the more disappointed manager this evening.

darwenhibby
17-12-2016, 11:53 PM

Hibs should be making sure they ain't in a position to be delighted with a point
Hearts had a season to prepare for these games
We have had 2 1/2 years and still look clueless with the squad we have

Dashing Bob S
18-12-2016, 02:20 AM
I think it's legit to ask how Hearts can dominate a league with us and Rangers in it, but we can't with Dundee United in it. We can't set our sights that low so that their standard becomes Real Madridesque.

We are no more effective than last season and the quality of football is worse. We've been dining out on May all season, it's time now to sack that address our shortcomings or another season down here looms.

Liberal Hibby
18-12-2016, 02:31 AM
I think it's legit to ask how Hearts can dominate a league with us and Rangers in it, but we can't with Dundee United in it. We can't set our sights that low so that their standard becomes Real Madridesque.

We are no more effective than last season and the quality of football is worse. We've been dining out on May all season, it's time now to sack that address our shortcomings or another season down here looms.

I'm not quite sure what your last paragraph means but I'm more sure now that Lennon will get us up than I was with Stubbs. His football is worse, but conceding only 9 goals in 17 games is the stuff that makes the difference tonight - under Stubbs we would have lost 2-1. Lennon is a fearsome warrior and our second half performace was testament to his hairdryer.

I suspect (and hope) once he's got us up he'll be off to a higher paid job.

JohnM1875
18-12-2016, 03:23 AM
I'm not quite sure what your last paragraph means but I'm more sure now that Lennon will get us up than I was with Stubbs. His football is worse, but conceding only 9 goals in 17 games is the stuff that makes the difference tonight - under Stubbs we would have lost 2-1. Lennon is a fearsome warrior and our second half performace was testament to his hairdryer.

I suspect (and hope) once he's got us up he'll be off to a higher paid job.

Our second half performance after the treatment from the "fearsome warrior" . . . where we conceded? We were terrible the whole 90 minutes! Extremely lucky to escape with a draw. I'm not sure if you're post was tongue in cheek or not.

And as for "under Stubbs we would have lost 2-1" I've no idea how you've reached that conclusion. I'd take Stubbs' over Lennon right now.

woodyhfc4892
18-12-2016, 09:37 AM
The crowd last night wasn't really up for it either.. I know we weren't playing very well but the players need our support and the whole away end was very quiet 👎🏼 I tried to start a song and absolutely no one joined in which was pretty disappointing

WhileTheChief..
18-12-2016, 10:44 AM
anyone saying otherwise is at it.

Reading a lot of posts with this kind of statement in it.

Don't mean to single you out but it's kind of arrogant of you to suggest that anyone that disagrees with your point is at it no?

We all have opinions and see things differently. That doesn't make us trolls or 'at it'.

I thought Commons had a decent enough debut, others thought he was anonymous.

Performance was crap but the result was decent enough. Anyone who doesn't agree is (insert insult here)!

green day
18-12-2016, 10:49 AM
And as for "under Stubbs we would have lost 2-1" I've no idea how you've reached that conclusion. I'd take Stubbs' over Lennon right now.

I think what he means is pretty clear - under Stubbs we had a reputation for being soft as sh~te and for losing late and important goals.

We no longer do that and - like it or not - have a brilliant defensive unit.

Its a bit grim midfield to forward line at the moment which is where Lennons defensive DNA comes under fire, and where he needs to improve.

Its a stick on fact that we are good defensively though.

What odd though is that, crap as we are going forward, we have still scored more than our nearest challengers. I do wonder if their forum is in total meltdown???

blackpoolhibs
18-12-2016, 11:38 AM
I think what he means is pretty clear - under Stubbs we had a reputation for being soft as sh~te and for losing late and important goals.

We no longer do that and - like it or not - have a brilliant defensive unit.

Its a bit grim midfield to forward line at the moment which is where Lennons defensive DNA comes under fire, and where he needs to improve.

Its a stick on fact that we are good defensively though.

What odd though is that, crap as we are going forward, we have still scored more than our nearest challengers. I do wonder if their forum is in total meltdown???

Why would their forum be in meltdown, they are joint top of the league after a pre season in complete turmoil, yet we won the cup and have had 2 seasons preparation to try again and win the 2nd tier of Scottish football?

Eyrie
18-12-2016, 12:16 PM
Why would their forum be in meltdown, they are joint top of the league after a pre season in complete turmoil, yet we won the cup and have had 2 seasons preparation to try again and win the 2nd tier of Scottish football?

I'm surprised no-one has had the audacity to respond to this with the "ahead on goal difference" comfort blanket.

HUTCHYHIBBY
18-12-2016, 12:29 PM
Once again a great day out was spoiled by the game. Most impressed with the boozers at the bottom of the hill from Greenock Central, particularly The Old Bank Bar.