PDA

View Full Version : 5-3-2 and Cummings

Diclonius
17-12-2016, 06:12 PM
A five man defense with Bartley in midfield is too negative for this league. Yeah, great, we don't concede goals. Ken what though, I'd like us to actually score some once in a while. We have Martin in reserve and have Commons now so it doesn't matter one bit if three midfield players are injured.

Also, we have this great player on the bench called Jason Cummings who has an incredible scoring record. So why does Brian Graham get picked in front of him? Jason has to start every week. Don't get what Lennon is doing - yeah he wasn't great for 2 games but that doesn't mean he sits on the bench for the next 10.

Serious problems with our formation, team selection and tactics (don't get me started on that hoofball *****) and while we may be top right now, we're not staying there if this keeps up.

MacGruber
17-12-2016, 06:15 PM
A five man defense with Bartley in midfield is too negative for this league. Yeah, great, we don't concede goals. Ken what though, I'd like us to actually score some once in a while. We have Martin in reserve and have Commons now so it doesn't matter one bit if three midfield players are injured.

Also, we have this great player on the bench called Jason Cummings who has an incredible scoring record. So why does Brian Graham get picked in front of him? Jason has to start every week. Don't get what Lennon is doing - yeah he wasn't great for 2 games but that doesn't mean he sits on the bench for the next 10.

Serious problems with our formation, team selection and tactics (don't get me started on that hoofball *****) and while we may be top right now, we're not staying there if this keeps up.

100% spot on

Heisenberg
17-12-2016, 06:18 PM
We start a big striker every week because Lennons main tactic is hoofing it and playing from the second ball/flick ons. Brutal.

hibsbollah
17-12-2016, 06:35 PM
I would do the following;

Go to 442. Its hard on Fontaine but Hanlon and McGregor should be first choice.
Drop Lewis. Bring in Crane. Competition for places please.
Gray stays at right back, but concentrate on defending.
Until Fyvie and McGinn come back, give Martin his chance.
Get Boyle out wide. If his form continues to be gash, drop him as well.
Holt as a target man. Cummings feeding off his link play.
Shinnie and Commons surely have the quality to pass their way through most teams.

Instruct them to keep it on the ground and out of the air. And give them a collective kick up the erchie.

ZouZou
17-12-2016, 06:39 PM
I would do the following;

Go to 442. Its hard on Fontaine but Hanlon and McGregor should be first choice.
Drop Lewis. Bring in Crane. Competition for places please.
Gray stays at right back, but concentrate on defending.
Until Fyvie and McGinn come back, give Martin his chance.
Get Boyle out wide. If his form continues to be gash, drop him as well.
Holt as a target man. Cummings feeding off his link play.
Shinnie and Commons surely have the quality to pass their way through most teams.

Instruct them to keep it on the ground and out of the air. And give them a collective kick up the erchie.

I agree with all of this.

Unseen work
17-12-2016, 06:43 PM
Fontaine seems to go through games without doing anything.

Defensively or on the ball.

Stevenson has a severe lack of composure in the final 3rd and the job he is doing, the most basic players could do it as all he does is pass it back, fail to beat the first man or lash it wide with his right foot.

Pete
17-12-2016, 06:47 PM

We're playing like we have been ordered to get points to avoid relegation rather than win a league that we are top dogs in. Yes, we're depleted but we've got the resources to "gamble" by still playing offensively rather than this default negative way.

It's as if we have looked at what Stubbs did wrong and are overcompensating.

We're better than this.

danger1875
17-12-2016, 06:49 PM

i agree with everything except the the last 8 words, we are where we are because no one else is better than us after half a season. if the rest of the season pans out the same as what we have watched we will win. Not the way we want to win but at the end of the day winning is winning regardless of how

Pete
17-12-2016, 06:52 PM
Fontaine seems to go through games without doing anything.

Defensively or on the ball.

Stevenson has a severe lack of composure in the final 3rd and the job he is doing, the most basic players could do it as all he does is pass it back, fail to beat the first man or lash it wide with his right foot.

The truth is that we don't need Fontaine, or any third CB in the team.

Today was the most pressure I've seen us under all season and a lot of it was our own making.

That jersey should go to a midfielder.

Carheenlea
17-12-2016, 06:53 PM
Forget your formations, any championship team suddenly deciding to omit a prolific 20+ A season goal scorer, and one who was subject to a circa £1M bid, can only be described as madness.

cmcd
17-12-2016, 09:49 PM

When did Cummings become a great player .Good goalscorer yes but great player No

ivan03
18-12-2016, 04:01 AM
To be honest we have two formations that work for the team we have. That's 352 and 442 diamond. It's not a 532 like some have said as Lewis and Dave are clearly playing at midfielders. Lewis isn't playing particularly well this season so I think we should have a look at playing Boyle out there where we can beat players and get us into dangerous areas. Fontaine is our biggest hoofball player, constantly smashes it up to park, we have too much quality in midfield (when everyone is fit) to be going long. Fyvie and McGinn have been a massive miss since injured, sooner they are back the better.

I think we will go 442 diamond when everyone is fit. McGeouch, Fyvie, McGinn, Shinnie and now Commons. So the 442 diamond will probably come back then id imagine. Fyvie Shinnie McGinn and Commons being the 4 in my opinion. Dylan is class but we know he's the Scottish Daniel Sturridge unfortunately. Also want to add Brian Graham is terrible, his touch(when he has one) is shocking for a professional footballer. You can't afford to have a player like JC on the bench.

Phil MaGlass
18-12-2016, 05:30 AM
i agree with everything except the the last 8 words, we are where we are because no one else is better than us after half a season. if the rest of the season pans out the same as what we have watched we will win. Not the way we want to win but at the end of the day winning is winning regardless of how

The season wont pan out the same as what we have watched though, United started poorly as they were building a team, i think they are stronger now, if it keeps going the way it is, they will be top come end of season. Not good enough.

Colr
18-12-2016, 09:21 AM
We start a big striker everyy week because Lennons main tactic is hoofing it and playing from the second ball/flick ons. Brutal.

We need a decent winger. Can't recall the last good winger we had.