View Full Version : Gonna start it

darwenhibby
17-12-2016, 07:08 PM
Lennon out
Can't handle this division
Not a clue

JohnM1875
17-12-2016, 07:09 PM
Honestly though. Awful viewing yet again. If that has become acceptable then **** me.

Unseen work
Stubbs unemployed too

Golden Bear
Lennon out
Not a clue

Many a true word is said in jest. Time to get the whisky bottle oot.😏

Scottie
17-12-2016, 07:10 PM
Lennon out
Not a clue
Your bed will be soaking the night then :cb

Fifehibby74
17-12-2016, 07:10 PM
Still top on goal difference lol

Nicho87
17-12-2016, 07:11 PM
Brace yourself. I started a thread based on a pish performance and got taken to the cleaners. God speed.
Lennon - dinosaur. Mays well have craig levein with thw tactics board before the game.

green day
17-12-2016, 07:11 PM
Lennon out
Not a clue

Because sacking our management when top of the league isnae stupid?

BOB MARLEYS DUG
17-12-2016, 07:12 PM
Agreed, Lennon is clueless.

MacGruber
17-12-2016, 07:13 PM
Lennon out
Not a clue

Beat me to it. Didn't want him. Thought he'd be rubbish. Gave him a chance and hoped for the best. Unfortunately it's going as I suspected it would understand Lennon - complete pony.

The only chance Dundee Utd had in the summer is if we made a bad appointment for manager. It's exactly what we've done. Don't blame anyone, he was a big name and it could have worked. It's not.

Allant1981
17-12-2016, 07:13 PM
Stubbs unemployed too

The same guy who failed twice to get us out this league

Pretty Boy
17-12-2016, 07:14 PM
How many games have we actually played well in this year? Not many.

Lennon either massively overestimated the quality of the squad or he isn't getting the best from what we have. My guess is a bit of both. I like Lennon as a man, I've always had a lot of time for him, but he is just not doing it for me as our manager. We are crap to watch, he seems to be rolling the dice every week and hoping he gets lucky and he shows no obvious signs of improvement.

Huge January ahead as Dundee Utd seem to be preparing for serious business.

Onion
17-12-2016, 07:15 PM
Stubbs unemployed too

If we get promoted and Stubbs was available, I'd take him back in a heartbeat over Lennon. The only thing Lennon MIGHT be able to offer is his connections in January when we might be able to pick up a couple more Celtic players.

With a full, fit squad to choose from, even Lennon should be able to stumble his way to the title.

Happy hibee
I am afraid we are just a pub team now tonight must have been the worst I have seen Hibs play
same players are very average, I've Stevenson ,Bartley , Boyle and I could go on and on play offs
must now be target .

guthrie01
I'll give him to the United game, if we are not top after that then he can go and take his hoof ball tactics with him.

AL-Qaholik
17-12-2016, 07:16 PM
Either the players don't know what's being asked of them or Lennon simply doesn't have any clear tactics whatsoever.
Either way, we are close to a tipping point already.

Onion
17-12-2016, 07:17 PM
The same guy who failed twice to get us out this league

Just as you need a certain type of team to get out of this league, we'll need a different style in the Prem. Stubbs had an eye for a player and did ok, especially in his last game :thumbsup:

NadeAteMyLunch!
17-12-2016, 07:19 PM

Lennon either massively overestimated the quality of the squad or he isn't getting the best from what we have. My guess is a bit of both. I like Lennon as a man, I've always had a lot of time for him, but he is just not doing it for me as our manager. We are crap to watch, he seems to be rolling the dice every week and hoping he gets lucky and he shows no obvious signs of improvement.

Honestly think Brondby was the last competitive game we played well in. Woeful

blackpoolhibs
17-12-2016, 07:20 PM
Lennon was brought in to make us better, he's made us worse.

MacGruber
17-12-2016, 07:21 PM

We still had the spirit from last season it seems - theres nothing there now

green day
17-12-2016, 07:21 PM
Lennon was brought in to make us better, he's made us worse.

Lennon was brought in to gain promotion.

That's all.

IWasThere2016
17-12-2016, 07:23 PM

While he appears not to be the answer, only more chronic mis-management from inside the Boardroom is to blame.

We raked in £2m+ in Cup win, LC final, compo for Stubbs, STs and yet we have a POORER squad AND a poorer manager than last season.

That is staggering even by the gross mis-management standards RP has set before now.

MacGruber

That's all.

Straight question - do you think he will?
Just wondering

blaikie
If we win every game 1-0 by hoofing it up the park and it gets us promoted, I'll accept that but the united game and tonight show we are stalling if that's down to the injuries in the middle of the park or tactical mistakes by the manager it's hard to tell.

We are still top of the league and with Commons coming in and McGinn and Fyvie still to come back we will get stronger.

blackpoolhibs

That's all.

Phew, i dont know what all the panic is then.

Allant1981
17-12-2016, 07:24 PM
Just as you need a certain type of team to get out of this league, we'll need a different style in the Prem. Stubbs had an eye for a player and did ok, especially in his last game :thumbsup:

Apart from that one game which was amazing he failed to do what he was brought in to do, get us promoted

cloudy
17-12-2016, 07:25 PM

We played 433 when Lennon came in and it looked good. For some reason he's changed to playing 6 defensive players.

Col2
17-12-2016, 07:26 PM
I know it's controversial but I would bring in Gary Locke as he is doing wonders with a Raith team and has proved to be a winner in his career. Or a more safe option is Peter Houston.

Ok couldn't help it. Over my dead body 🙄

Col2
17-12-2016, 07:28 PM
We played 433 when Lennon came in and it looked good. For some reason he's changed to playing 6 defensive players.

We played well at Ayr a few weeks back and we played well against QOS. We will never sack a manager who is top of the league. As someone else said ...with the quality of player to return from injury, and 2-3 really good additions, even Lennon can't fail to stumble to the title.

Leith Hibee
17-12-2016, 07:29 PM
I honestly don't think he is a good manager. Been fortunate enough to manage Celtic at a poor time for Scottish football.

Nothing technical comes out of his mouth during a game when witnessing him from behind the dugout. His stubbornness to play Cummings over the last few months has costs us enough points already.

Pete
17-12-2016, 07:32 PM
The thread title makes me wonder if English is the OP's first language but it's obviously just an attention seeking exercise.

Maybe we can merge this with all the other moaning threads so it can be like a bad block of flats: full of erseholes but at least they are all in the same place and you definitely know where to avoid.

matty_f
17-12-2016, 07:33 PM
The only thing that gives me hope under Lennon right now is that the worst performances have come when we've been without McGinn and Fyvie.

If we somehow manage to stay top until they're back, we'll be fine. I would not back us in this form to catch United if they pulled ahead of us.

carnoustiehibee
17-12-2016, 07:35 PM
The quicker Lennon brings in Petrov,Hartson,McManus and Sutton the better.

Hi Heid Yin
17-12-2016, 07:39 PM
A wasted chance (again) to go clear at the top, but ironically we still, yes, still find ourselves top (albeit on goal difference) Dundee united will (again) feel relieved that we are not leaving them behind.
We have also to remind ourselves that United are scraping their games by narrow margins. Their performances are hardly breathtaking - simply effective.
Today they got away with a draw, despite being down to 10 men.
Today, we were extremely poor...played badly and yet were not beaten! The old cliche that promotion winning teams pick up points when playing badly was demonstrated big time by our boys.
I feel that we could literally go up one or two gears and that is encouraging - whether United can is another matter.
We have also to keep in mind that we were without our 3 key midfielders and number one goalkeeper. Commons is just through the door and showed enough touches here and there to offer further encouragement. When he gels with his new team mates and our first pick midfielders return, plus our keeper, then I'm convinced that we will be too strong for even Dundee United to stay with us.

darwenhibby
17-12-2016, 07:42 PM
The thread title makes me wonder if English is the OP's first language but it's obviously just an attention seeking exercise.

Maybe we can merge this with all the other moaning threads so it can be like a bad block of flats: full of erseholes but at least they are all in the same place and you definitely know where to avoid.

Fair play Pete was never good at the Friday spelling test but does not diverse from the fact that Lennon is clueless and needs to go
Him and duff jimmy in the dugouts says it all

hibees 7062
Lennon out
Not a clue

For who ?

Col2
The only thing that gives me hope under Lennon right now is that the worst performances have come when we've been without McGinn and Fyvie.

If we somehow manage to stay top until they're back, we'll be fine. I would not back us in this form to catch United if they pulled ahead of us.

Yes I agree. We are down at least 2 crucial players and if you add Dylan and Keats then it's up to 4. The players replacing them, Bartley, Boyle etc are not stepping up to the mark and the team are playing poorly and not creating much.

We need to get through:-

- Home game v Raith, which I think we will
- Away to Falkirk - tough and we all know how much they will be up for it
- Home to United - crucial game

(By the time of the United game, Keats and Commons should be up to speed and Jason will hopefully be back banging them in)

- Away to Dumbarton - should be ok
- Cup v Bonnyrigg - if we can't win that then......

By this point Fyvie will have been back for a week or two and McGinn should be just back.

Add in say Henderson and say Christie then we should leave the rest of the teams in our wake from Feb onwards.

But we can't afford to lose ground to United.

Oranje39
So boring to watch!
I definitely not saying get rid of Lennon but since he has taken over watching Hibs has been sleep inducing.

Liam978
17-12-2016, 07:43 PM
[QUOTE=MacGruber;4881641]Beat me to it. Didn't want him. Thought he'd be rubbish. Gave him a chance and hoped for the best. Unfortunately it's going as I suspected it would understand Lennon - complete pony.

The only chance Dundee Utd had in the summer is if we made a bad appointment for manager. It's exactly what we've done. Don't blame anyone, he was a big name and it could have worked. It's not.[/QUO

Your " handle" is well suited.

high bee
17-12-2016, 07:44 PM
Because sacking our management when top of the league isnae stupid?

Butcher started well though, how long do we give him when the warning signs are clearly there, we ignored them with TB and we paid.

We're only top of the league cause United had to stabilise with relegation and a massively reshuffle so were awful to start with but they are clearly grinding out results that we aren't. They will go from strength to strength especially if they get Ciftci in.

We have been brutal for a long time now and if we aren't within 6 points of United by the time we play them in January we should get Stubbs back and open the cheque book.

ekhibee
17-12-2016, 07:47 PM
Don't agree with many people on here, I usually don't anyway. No great surprises, it looks like a straight fight between us and DU, Falkirk are now 11 points behind and they're 3rd. Just trying to work out, are we actually half way through the season yet, before we try to get the manager sacked? Stubbs patently failed to get us promoted in 2 seasons and jumped ship at the first opportunity. Winning the Scottish Cup was his get out of jail card, because up till then he'd patently failed to do what he was employed to do. We're top of the league just now, and that's what Lennon was employed to do, to keep us there. I don't care how pish we are at times if we still get something out of it. There's been plenty of games over the last few seasons when we've dominated games and still come away with nothing. So right now, I totally disagree with the opening post, and the people that agree with it.

lapsedhibee
17-12-2016, 07:48 PM
Butcher started well though, how long do we give him when the warning signs are clearly there, we ignored them with TB and we paid.

We're only top of the league cause United had to stabilise with relegation and a massively reshuffle so were awful to start with but they are clearly grinding out results that we aren't. They will go from strength to strength especially if they get Ciftci in.

We have been brutal for a long time now and if we aren't within 6 points of United by the time we play them in January we should get Stubbs back and open the cheque book.

Do you mean if we're more than 6 points ahead or more than 6 points behind, or both? :confused:

Golden Bear
17-12-2016, 07:51 PM
Having said all this, United are no great shakes either. Much will depend on the quality and effectiveness of the signings that are made in the transfer window.

Pretty Boy
17-12-2016, 07:52 PM
Having said all this, United are no great shakes either. Much will depend on the quality and effectiveness of the signings that are made in the transfer window.

They do seem to have a bit momentum though.

St Mirren and Dumbarton up next for them whilst we face Raith and Falkirk. I'll be pleasantly suprised of we are top going into the new year.

high bee
17-12-2016, 07:53 PM
Do you mean if we're more than 6 points ahead or more than 6 points behind, or both? :confused:

If we're 6 or more behind. Being top he deserves to stay in position and if we keep pace or pull away then great but if we fall away we can't take any chances, we've lost so much ground to United and if it continues they could be out of sight. From what I've witnessed the last few games I'm very worried.

emerald green
17-12-2016, 07:53 PM
Lennon won things whilst in charge of Celtic, but so could a monkey they were so far ahead of all the other dross in terms of finances and quality of playing squad.

Hibs have been unlucky with injuries, but other teams suffer injuries too over a season (unless they are extremely lucky). I think he's got to keep Hibs at least on level points with DU until January. If not, it could be the play-offs again.

I see McKinnon has a Dutch striker on trial. To assume the transfer window will magically solve everything at Hibs, and automatically guarantee Hibs will win the Championship, is a dangerous assumption.

Hibs can't really sack the manager whilst they are sitting top. The question, I'll say again, is for how long unless performances start to improve greatly, and very soon.

high bee
17-12-2016, 07:56 PM
Lennon won things whilst in charge of Celtic, but so could a monkey they were so far ahead of all the other dross in terms of finances and quality of playing squad.

Hibs have been unlucky with injuries, but other teams suffer injuries too over a season (unless they are extremely lucky). I think he's got to keep Hibs at least on level points with DU until January. If not, it could be the play-offs again.

I see McKinnon has a Dutch striker on trial. To assume the transfer window will magically solve everything at Hibs, and automatically guarantee Hibs will win the Championship, is a dangerous assumption.

Hibs can't really sack the manager whilst they are sitting top. The question, I'll say again, is for how long unless performances start to improve greatly, and very soon.

Much better put than my effort, this is what I'm trying to say. It's not a red alert yet but the warning signs are there and it doesn't look promising.

guthrie01
17-12-2016, 07:57 PM
For who ?

John Doolan

hibsbollah
17-12-2016, 07:58 PM
There's really no need to panic. Historically, Hibs tend to pick up after Christmas and go on sparkling runs of great results and sparkling form. :fibber:

MacGruber
17-12-2016, 08:00 PM

Is the Dutch striker not Zei***?

MacGruber
17-12-2016, 08:01 PM
The star out unintentionsl - the big lad hearts had

lucky
17-12-2016, 08:02 PM
Another crap performance but we remain top of the league. It would be bonkers to get rid of Lennon, how many teams sack their manager when they are top of the league having lost 2 league games all season. We have one objective that is promotion. Surely we judge him at the end of the season.

Canon Hannan
17-12-2016, 08:04 PM
Just wondering

Yes we will we win the league.
The players he has are struggling. Plus our best players are injured.
We can't start sacking already. Give him time.
Keep the faith.
Neil will take us up.

ancient hibee
17-12-2016, 08:05 PM
If we're 6 or more behind. Being top he deserves to stay in position and if we keep pace or pull away then great but if we fall away we can't take any chances, we've lost so much ground to United and if it continues they could be out of sight. From what I've witnessed the last few games I'm very worried.

United missed a penalty toda.Looks as if the pressure is telling.They have got their strongest team out,we certainly haven't and today included a player who hasn't played for nine months at senior level.We'll see them off no bother.

Hi Heid Yin
17-12-2016, 08:06 PM
Another crap performance but we remain top of the league. It would be bonkers to get rid of Lennon, how many teams sack their manager when they are top of the league having lost 2 league games all season. We have one objective that is promotion. Surely we judge him at the end of the season.

:top marks

FitbaFolkKen
17-12-2016, 08:10 PM
I thought last week was garbage, this week is worse.

The style of football has sapped the feel good factor for me, I don't think he will be sacked or walk but I wouldn't be sorry to see him go.

Classic Hibs 6 months from the top of the world to his nonsense

Pete
Yes we will we win the league.
The players he has are rubbish. Plus our best players are injured.
We can't start sacking already. Give him time.
Keep the faith.
Neil will take us up.

I agree with all that apart from the players part. Our players aren't rubbish, it's just that there aren't enough attacking ones on the park at one time.

Glory Lurker
I couldn't work out the tactics behind the Fontaine and Boyle substitutions. Was Fonts injured? If he wasn't, then disrupting the back line, which had been immense until then, was daft. Squirrel's departure wasn't a surprise, but what was Forster's role? Was he covering for Fonts? Why not double sub Squirrel and Fonts at the same time?

The Captain....
17-12-2016, 08:12 PM

This sums up my thoughts perfectly. The post Cup final team needed a little strengthening in key areas...it's now needing a complete overhaul after a few months..we have one decent striker who he doesn't play..have wasted money on a pair of absolute huddies in Graham and Holt who should be nowhere near Hibs.

It's been a long time since watching Hibs has left me feeling this frustrated...the players don't look like they are enjoying it much either. It isn't as if it seems to suit us and we do it well so why do we persist with this basic, defensive horse****.

If Lennon left tomorrow I'd be delighted.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

wookie70
17-12-2016, 08:14 PM
We are top of the league so he has to remain in post but it would be mad not to be worried the way we are playing. Regardless of injuries our style of play is atrocious and often ineffective. We don't look as together as a team and look completely disorganised game after game.

I wasn't a fan of the appointment but took solace in the fact we had someone in charge with a bit of steel and a real will to win. Lennon now looks like a wet rag on the sideline for long periods. Quiet, arms folded and glum looking. He should come and sit in the stand as that is the way many of us are feeling.

Canon Hannan
17-12-2016, 08:15 PM
This sums up my thoughts perfectly. The post Cup final team needed a little strengthening in key areas...it's now needing a complete overhaul after a few months..we have one decent striker who he doesn't play..have wasted money on a pair of absolute huddies in Graham and Holt who should be nowhere near Hibs.

It's been a long time since watching Hibs has left me feeling this frustrated...the players don't look like they are enjoying it much either. It isn't as if it seems to suit us and we do it well so why do we persist with this basic, defensive horse****.

If Lennon left tomorrow I'd be delighted.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Our club never allow a manager and team to settle and the fans are stressing! It's not good for the players and puts pressure on us. United are favourites to go up remember. We need patience and support for the manager and players at this time.

emerald green
17-12-2016, 08:16 PM
Is the Dutch striker not Zei***?

I'm not sure who Zei*** is mate, but BBC website says Dutch trialist striker Felitciano Zschusschen watched from the stand today.

Never heard of the lad but Dutch players usually offer something and tend to have good technique. Usually (not always) good enough to play no problem at Scottish Championship level.

JimBHibees
17-12-2016, 08:17 PM
I am afraid we are just a pub team now tonight must have been the worst I have seen Hibs play
same players are very average, I've Stevenson ,Bartley , Boyle and I could go on and on play offs
must now be target .

Lol :greengrin

Golden Bear
17-12-2016, 08:22 PM
Our club never allow a manager and team to settle and the fans are stressing! It's not good for the players and puts pressure on us. United are favourites to go up remember. We need patience and support for the manager and players at this time.

I see what you're trying to do, but no, we are rightly favourites to go up. We have the bigger fan base, probably a bigger budget, probably a better squad of players but we're not producing the results to prove it. Is it all down to the quality of the respective Managers then? I think it is.

wookie70
17-12-2016, 08:24 PM
Were they, they certainly aren't at the moment. We are Scottish Cup holders and they were a mess when they joined the league. From my memory we have rightly been odds on favourites to win the league from the start.

Nakedmanoncrack
17-12-2016, 08:25 PM

**** off - it's all our fault, aye so it is.

Golden Bear
17-12-2016, 08:27 PM
Lol :greengrin

We start worrying when we're described as the worst pub team EVER!

emerald green
17-12-2016, 08:28 PM
Our club never allow a manager and team to settle and the fans are stressing!

Our club allowed Butcher & Malpas to "settle". That didn't work out too well though.

Real Emerald
17-12-2016, 08:30 PM
I see what you're trying to do, but no, we are rightly favourites to go up. We have the bigger fan base, probably a bigger budget, probably a better squad of players but we're not producing the results to prove it. Is it all down to the quality of the respective Managers then? I think it is.

I agree, you have to have a bit of tactical savvy about you in this league and tonight it wasn't there. Maybe the players didn't play to order....then change things, maybe the managers tactics weren't working... then change things. Doing nothing is not an option, but he continues with his tactics and the players he picked for 3/4 of the game. As some folk said on the match thread it was pass sideways then sideways then back then hoof, lose possession then repeat. Awful awful stuff.

One Day
17-12-2016, 08:47 PM
Just wondering

Yes I think he will

lapsedhibee
17-12-2016, 08:49 PM
how many teams sack their manager when they are top of the league having lost 2 league games all season

BoomtownHibees
17-12-2016, 08:57 PM

Since when ya slaver?

MacGruber
17-12-2016, 08:57 PM
Yes I think he will

Fair enough - I hope you are right :)

Hi Heid Yin
17-12-2016, 09:01 PM
I agree, you have to have a bit of tactical savvy about you in this league and tonight it wasn't there. Maybe the players didn't play to order....then change things, maybe the managers tactics weren't working... then change things. Doing nothing is not an option, but he continues with his tactics and the players he picked for 3/4 of the game. As some folk said on the match thread it was pass sideways then sideways then back then hoof, lose possession then repeat. Awful awful stuff.

I agree with some of your points but we also have to recognise that Morton are a decent team who, in turn, failed to beat us. They played as well as they probably could, whilst we played well below the standards we are capable of.
A bad day at the office resulted in us remaining top of the league. That one point gained might very well be the point that separates us and Dundee United at the end of the season.

J-C
17-12-2016, 09:04 PM
Came in from work and just watched that rubbish, hoofball to Graham who either cannot jump or gives away a foul, Boyle runs around and is offside more than he's on, 2 WB's incapable of crossing a ball, 3 CH's who can't pass so hoof it, a goalkeeper who's distribution is shocking. I'll not comment on the midfield due to our best players not being available.

Lennon has taken a decent team capable of some nice football and turned them into hoofball huddies, the football is crap to watch and the players seem devoid of what they are supposed to be doing out there. This is not league wining football, not even cup football, fingers needs pulling out sharpish or we'll be here for another season.

When everyone if fit again, we need to go to a 4-2-3-1/4-3-3 with some natural width. We need to get rid of the big man little man forward pairing as it encourages the hoofball, get the ball on the deck, get it out wide and hit teams with pace.

A Hi-Bee
17-12-2016, 09:06 PM
I agree with some of your points but we also have to recognise that Morton are a decent team who, in turn, failed to beat us. They played as well as they probably could, whilst we played well below the standards we are capable of.
A bad day at the office resulted in us remaining top of the league. That one point gained might very well be the point that separates us and Dundee United at the end of the season.

Agree, with the above.
We will get better while perhaps Morton played as well as they are ever going too in this season

Real Emerald
17-12-2016, 09:09 PM

You can't really tart that up, we were terrible tonight which was a continuation from last week. Morton did play well but we hardly strung more than two passes together. With our resources we should be way too good after three years of trying to get out this league. That was one of the worst performances by a Hibs team for a long time and no amount of pretending everything's going to be fine at the end of the season is enough to appease me. It's a worrying trend.

Hi Heid Yin
17-12-2016, 09:10 PM
Agree, with the above.
We will get better while perhaps Morton played as well as they are ever going too in this season

:agree:

hibsbollah
17-12-2016, 09:10 PM

You'll get a hard time on here for seemingly criticising the support but you have a point. Performances like today's give the radges with a drink in them in the lower west and elsewhere who have been heckling the managers and players recently even more ammunition and self justification to continue. Bad performances create bad atmosphere.

Canon Hannan
17-12-2016, 09:11 PM

This is a shocking thread and embarrassing to be honest. lets sack the manager? More fans count for nothing or winning s Cup. Following St Johnstone football model does.

Thecat23
17-12-2016, 09:11 PM

When have Utd been favourites to go up??

Canon Hannan
17-12-2016, 09:13 PM

Premier league team over the last 4 years.

BT58
17-12-2016, 09:14 PM
The manager has made us to be a hard team to score against. Ok were not winning with a swagger. But Ffs do you want us at the top playing the odd good game or playing brilliant but lose???.
The boards objective is to get us up, they brought in a guy who was a proven winner in Scotland, hopefully his recruitments in January will push us on. Morton today was a tough game for a full team never mind a team minus 3 regulars, Commons looks like he could do us a turn, the game against United at ER will hopefully be the springboard for us to create a gap.

Pretty Boy
17-12-2016, 09:15 PM

Never, certainly not with the bookies. Not even now.

Hibs best priced 4/7 with Betvictor, Dundee Utd are 6/4 with Betfair and a couple of places have them at 5/4.

I can't recall one pundit tipping Utd to win the league and had anyone suggested it on here they would have been hounded in a way that made the Salem trials look positively liberal.

wookie70
17-12-2016, 09:16 PM
You'll get a hard time on here for seemingly criticising the support but you have a point. Performances like today's give the radges with a drink in them in the lower west and elsewhere who have been heckling the managers and players recently even more ammunition and self justification to continue. Bad performances create bad atmosphere.

He is getting a hard time for saying Utd were favourite.

Lennon has had 6 months give or take to make a Scottish Cup winning squad barring 3 or 4 players into a Championship winning side. We were settled we now look unsettled. Fans are getting restless because we have seen it before. I have supported the last few managers for far longer than I should have. I continued to support Stubbs, just, because he had us playing a decent style and was very successful in the big games. That worked out well. :wink:

I don't want Lennon sacked but I think we are absolutely right to be worried about the performances of his team. I would hope he feels the same.

Golden Bear
17-12-2016, 09:18 PM
This is a shocking thread and embarrassing to be honest. lets sack the manager? More fans count for nothing or winning s Cup. Following St Johnstone football model does.

Bigger fan Base = additional income from season tickets = bigger player budget for Manager = better quality of player. Ah but wait, what do you then do with the resources you have as the Manager?

Canon Hannan
17-12-2016, 09:20 PM
He is getting a hard time for saying Utd were favourite.

Lennon has had 6 months give or take to make a Scottish Cup winning squad barring 3 or 4 players into a Championship winning side. We were settled we now look unsettled. Fans are getting restless because we have seen it before. I have supported the last few managers for far longer than I should have. I continued to support Stubbs, just, because he had us playing a decent style and was very successful in the big games. That worked out well. :wink:

I don't want Lennon sacked but I think we are absolutely right to be worried about the performances of his team. I would hope he feels the same.

United are proving to be favourites but a few good signings and we will win the league. They are a Premier league team while we are a Championship team who won the Cup. Fraser and John returning will help us too. I am not worried 🙏

Canon Hannan
17-12-2016, 09:22 PM
Bigger fan Base = additional income from season tickets = bigger player budget for Manager = better quality of player. Ah but wait, what do you then do with the resources you have as the Manager?

Follow Saints. No pressure and steady group of players who are playing in front of 2500 fans. No wonder Hibs scout was sitting in the stand behind me today.

Golden Bear
17-12-2016, 09:25 PM
Follow Saints. No pressure and steady group of players who are playing in front of 2500 fans. No wonder Hibs scout was sitting in the stand behind me today.

Aye ok, we'll all go to Perth for the Saints next home game. Great.

Canon Hannan
17-12-2016, 09:27 PM
Aye ok, we'll all go to Perth for the Saints next home game. Great.

Follow Saints football model dafty. 😘
You made me laugh 😂

NadeAteMyLunch!
17-12-2016, 09:28 PM

Can't decide if you're at it or not. Dundee Utd have not, at any point been favourites-amongst anybody-to win this league.

emerald green
17-12-2016, 09:28 PM
United are proving to be favourites but a few good signings and we will win the league. They are a Premier league team while we are a Championship team who won the Cup. Fraser and John returning will help us too. I am not worried 🙏

DU are not a "Premier league" team. Last time I looked they were in the Championship. Same as Hibs.

I note you are not worried. Good for you. Others are worried though. Hope that's OK with you?

Canon Hannan
17-12-2016, 09:29 PM
My United pals disagree my friend. It will be close. Similar squads.

The Leith Dutch
17-12-2016, 09:29 PM
While he appears not to be the answer, only more chronic mis-management from inside the Boardroom is to blame.

We raked in £2m+ in Cup win, LC final, compo for Stubbs, STs and yet we have a POORER squad AND a poorer manager than last season.

That is staggering even by the gross mis-management standards RP has set before now.

Completely disagree.

Tonight was a really bad performance and while I'm sure many posters will name a load of players they think are better the fact is that we *didn't* sign them rather than the board wouldn't fund signing them.

You can take your pick of the manager, the players or both but to have a pop at the board is arse gravy.

wookie70
17-12-2016, 09:30 PM

United are proving to be closer to the favourites than many thought they would be.

They are not a premiership team as they got relegated proving they weren't good enough. They have gates roughly half ours and were a complete basket case when the season started. They did have the foresight to appoint an excellent manager who did very well in this league the previous season. They are reaping the reward of making that appointment and are doing better than most thought they would. That is not to say Lennon won't win us the league but then again that wouldn't be too much of a surprise given we are and were strong odds on favourites.

I presume when you say "United are proving to be favourites " you mean just with you.

Canon Hannan
17-12-2016, 09:30 PM
DU are not a "Premier league" team. Last time I looked they were in the Championship. Same as Hibs.

I note you are not worried. Good for you. Others are worried though. Hope that's OK with you?

Where have they been for the last 4 years.
You don't need my permission 😂

Canon Hannan
17-12-2016, 09:32 PM
United are proving to be closer to the favourites than many thought they would be.

They are not a premiership team as they got relegated proving they weren't good enough. They have gates roughly half ours and were a complete basket case when the season started. They did have the foresight to appoint an excellent manager who did very well in this league the previous season. They are reaping the reward of making that appointment and are doing better than most thought they would. That is not to say Lennon won't win us the league but then again that wouldn't be too much of a surprise given we are and were strong odds on favourites.

I presume when you say "United are proving to be favourites " you mean just with you.

Yes Wookie, in my own opinion. 👍

emerald green
17-12-2016, 09:33 PM
Where have they been for the last 4 years.
You don't need my permission 😂

At it. :bye:

Golden Bear
17-12-2016, 09:33 PM

So what team do you actually support apart from Celtic, St Johnstone and Dundee United?

Ricky Bobby
17-12-2016, 09:47 PM

I dont agree that we have a poorer squad than last season. We have a better keeper and replaced Henderson with Shinnie, who is of a similar standard. Only the loss of big Dom could be argued as making us weaker.
It is however a poorer standard of opposition than last season.

the tornadoe
17-12-2016, 09:58 PM
When we went to tynie last season in the cup both against St Johnstone and the yams I went to those games confident we could win both games, not saying we WOULD win them but confident we COULD !!! Imagine those 2 games after the performances from us over the last 3 or 4 weeks...

Real Emerald
17-12-2016, 10:06 PM
When we went to tynie last season in the cup both against St Johnstone and the yams I went to those games confident we could win both games, not saying we WOULD win them but confident we COULD !!! Imagine those 2 games after the performances from us over the last 3 or 4 weeks...

That's exactly where I am just now. We may be top of the league but we're miles behind the team we were last year, even with everyone fit. We are definitely going backwards just now and the football is not good to watch. I'm not bed wetting just genuinely worried by the downturn in performances and entertainment this season. Lennon needs a good January window.

Heisenberg
17-12-2016, 10:09 PM
Lennon has to get us promoted. If he fails he's finished as a manager. I'm not sure I have faith in him to get the job done going on what he's produced so far.

Golden Bear
17-12-2016, 10:13 PM

Exactly. Last season we were a championship team with a premier league squad. This year our form suggests we are where we deserve to be.

mca
17-12-2016, 10:28 PM
for ma tuppence.. Duff jimmy sent his team out to stop us playing fitba.. The Man of the Match - Should have also had a Red card and possibly Won an oscar for his Dramatics..

Couldnt believe my eyes..

IWasThere2016
17-12-2016, 10:32 PM
Completely disagree.

Tonight was a really bad performance and while I'm sure many posters will name a load of players they think are better the fact is that we *didn't* sign them rather than the board wouldn't fund signing them.

You can take your pick of the manager, the players or both but to have a pop at the board is arse gravy.

Repeated failures to get promoted .. another will be catastrophic. The ultimate accountability lies upstairs.

lucky
17-12-2016, 10:33 PM
for ma tuppence.. Duff jimmy sent his team out to stop us playing fitba.. The Man of the Match - Should have also had a Red card and possibly Won an oscar for his Dramatics..

Got to say I agree. The boy should have been booked at least 3 times for leading with his arm when going for headers add in his diving it was ridiculous

Real Emerald
17-12-2016, 10:38 PM

Most teams try to stop us playing football with varying degrees of success. Tonight Lennon stopped us playing football, either that or the players failed to do what had been asked of them. Other teams have been much more "park the bus" than Morton.

Marco G
17-12-2016, 10:44 PM
Lennon has to get us promoted. If he fails he's finished as a manager. I'm not sure I have faith in him to get the job done going on what he's produced so far.
Not sure why folk think we should walk this one today. Morton should have beat Aberdeen in the semi and are unbeaten at home for a long time. We are top of the league and I think we will pull away from Utd soon enough.

Lago
17-12-2016, 10:56 PM
Don't agree with many people on here, I usually don't anyway. No great surprises, it looks like a straight fight between us and DU, Falkirk are now 11 points behind and they're 3rd. Just trying to work out, are we actually half way through the season yet, before we try to get the manager sacked? Stubbs patently failed to get us promoted in 2 seasons and jumped ship at the first opportunity. Winning the Scottish Cup was his get out of jail card, because up till then he'd patently failed to do what he was employed to do. We're top of the league just now, and that's what Lennon was employed to do, to keep us there. I don't care how pish we are at times if we still get something out of it. There's been plenty of games over the last few seasons when we've dominated games and still come away with nothing. So right now, I totally disagree with the opening post, and the people that agree with it.
Totally agree with everything you say, Stubbs now appears to be approaching saint hood & yet I can remember many wanted him sacked at one point, but cup win & hallelujah all is forgiven.

eastmainsmsh
17-12-2016, 11:09 PM
That was terrible to watch today id have started cummings and had boyle wide right and commons wide left its a waste having shinnie if we play hoofball

darwenhibby
17-12-2016, 11:23 PM
Not sure why folk think we should walk this one today. Morton should have beat Aberdeen in the semi and are unbeaten at home for a long time. We are top of the league and I think we will pull away from Utd soon enough.

Why should we beat Morton??
Cos they are a small club about 20% of out size and matched us all over the park
Hibs as one of the top 5 clubs in the country should be beating fizzin Morton

southern hibby
17-12-2016, 11:56 PM
Was at game today and it was bad. last week we we're bad too but ground out a result. We need a player that can drive the team forward and motivate them. We need a creative midfield player badly cause today it was punt the ball up to the strikers ( Boyles fast but not going to win many in the air).

We actually look like each player is hoping that someone else will take charge as they actually look scared at times.

We actually have to go up ( stating the obvious) because we can't afford not to as the exodus in fans will be terrible. However on today's performance we are looking at another season of play off place. I'm not out to have an argument with anyone but tactics today are absolutely shocking. Subs are woeful ( is NL trying to prove a point to the board) that he doesn't have the players needed and they must heavily invest in the transfer window? Because this is all I can think of.

GGTTH

Hibernia&Alba
17-12-2016, 11:58 PM
Sack Lennon now? Seriously? We are top the league, when the guy has only been the manager for a few months. We are not Real Madrid; we will not win every game. We have scope to improve, yet we're top. We can't sack a manger from this position; it would be disgraceful. Give the guy a chance at least.

The Leith Dutch
17-12-2016, 11:59 PM
Repeated failures to get promoted .. another will be catastrophic.

That is spot on and completely agree. First season we were down I can almost accept not getting promoted as we were a total shambles and we had both Sevco and the Yams to contend with. Second season was poor - finishing behind Falkirk wasn't acceptable and was masked by winning the Cup.

Genuine question - would you have sacked Stubbs before or during the 2015/16 season?

The ultimate accountability lies upstairs.

This surely only holds true if you believe they are in some way making bad decisions or failing to back the manager.

My point stands - while a lot of people might disagree with Lennon's appointment or might suggest we should have signed different players the board have shown ambition in appointing Lennon and from where I'm sitting they appear to have backed him in bringing players in.

Put it another way - I reckon if we'd brought in the Raith Rovers manager to replace Stubbs and signed the players Dundee Utd have this place would have been apoplectic.

Fwiw I'm not Lennon's biggest fan - I think today his failure to change it earlier and probably his team selection cost us points but that's an easy thing to say when I'm not managing the team.

Thecat23
18-12-2016, 12:15 AM

That doesn't make them favourites to go up. They were relegated and have never once been favourites to win the league! Lost most of their team as well. Hibs are and rightly so the bookies favourites.

Thecat23
18-12-2016, 12:16 AM

Our squad is better and I'm happy to add the word fact to this.

ehf
18-12-2016, 12:18 AM
We are basically back to where we were under Calderwood and Fenlon; no creativity all, no intensity or incision. Our attacking modus operandum is 6 to 12 short passes in the middle third, slowly gaining a little territory, then feed it out to Lewis on the left, who will wallop it into the opposition right back's arse. Or sometimes out to SDG on the right, who will avoid the first defender but overhit it. Truly dismal.

truehibernian
18-12-2016, 12:20 AM
We are basically back to where we were under Calderwood and Fenton; no creativity all, no intensity or incision. Our attacking mous operandum is 6 to 12 short passes in the middle third, slowly gaining a little territory, then feed it out to Lewis on the left, who will wallop it into the opposition right back's ares. Or sometimes out to SDG on the right, who will avoid the first defender but overhit it. Truly dismal.

Don't serve this man anymore drink !

Big L
18-12-2016, 12:25 AM
I din't want Lennon, but it appeared to me that the majority of fans were happy to see him get the job. He's here now and he has not enjoyed a lot of luck, we were going well then we had the 3 sending off's which I believe cost us about 7 points. We recover from that, start to play decent football and we lose our midfield, arguably our 3 best players. It's just silly to blame the board, they gave him the backing to sign 6 players. We need to struggle thru this period and hope that the rumours that Hendo and Christie are coming are true and that they will be here in 2 weeks and that we get all our mid's back soon.

Golden Bear
18-12-2016, 12:26 AM

Aye, but sometimes the truth hurts.

truehibernian
18-12-2016, 12:27 AM
Aye, but sometimes the truth hurts.

It's not the truth GB - we're top of the league, window opens soon, 4 players out - scored more, conceded less - fact.

Golden Bear
18-12-2016, 12:30 AM
It's not the truth GB - we're top of the league, window opens soon, 4 players out - scored more, conceded less - fact.

But the style of play with or without the injured players can only be described as basic. I live in hope nevertheless.

Hibernia&Alba
18-12-2016, 12:34 AM

That's how it see it, too. There's nothing as predictable as a .net sack the manager thread. This time last year, when we had a really bad run, we had a few sack Stubbs thread; but we ended the season winning the cup. Now we're top at Christmas, with everything to play for, and we have a thread about sacking Lennon. Given that we aren't good enough to win every game comfortably, I don't know what more we could realistically expect at this stage. We aren't playing well, that's true, but demands to sack the manager seem premature to me.

ehf
18-12-2016, 12:34 AM

You are obviously on something more effective than booze if you are happy with uninspiring fare.

HappyAsHellas
18-12-2016, 12:35 AM
Fyvie is our biggest missing player just now and it shows badly. He's always there in front of the defence to start all the moves and we have no one to fill this role. Essentially he's the glue that holds this team together and we've come unstuck in spectacular fashion in the creativity department the last couple of games. Commons was largely anonymous tonight which is maybe understandable but he did hit some very nice passes, and when we're back at full strength he'll prove his worth. Our biggest problem as I see it is still the quality of pass in the final third which is quite frankly shocking. Gray had two opportunities to really test their defence, and whilst under no pressure whatsoever hit one out the park and the other straight to their keeper.
Lennons substitutions are quite baffling as well. Take off a defender and bring on a striker - good, we're going for it, quickly followed by take off a striker and bring on a defender - WTF. Next few games now will form a crucial part of our season and Lennon really has to start earning his corn now or he'll start getting it tight from certain sections of the support.

truehibernian
18-12-2016, 12:40 AM
But the style of play with or without the injured players can only be described as basic. I live in hope nevertheless.

Not saying it's pretty GB, far from it, but there are good footballing reasons - we played two or tgeee games with 10 men - a couple where refs were wrong - we've had four key players injured or playing with injured - yet the squad still has us top of the league, with his second window forthcoming, and the addition of Commons, which will be a great addition.

At no point did Stubbs have us where we are at this stage in the season - which is why I'm confused as to why folk are berating Lennon - it's as tough a league as the SPL (minus Celtic) - teams set up differently this season - I'm calm and collected about our chances - we'll win the league by 10 points or so but it'll be a tough season.

truehibernian
18-12-2016, 12:43 AM
You are obviously on something more effective than booze if you are happy with uninspiring fare.

Just realism ehf - I watched Stubbs' side lose to Alloa, Dumbarton and Morton and feel 'uninspired' - however after every one of those games we were never top of the league.

Give the team a wee chance, let's overcome injuries, and see where we are in Feb/March mate - that's all I'm saying.

Golden Bear
18-12-2016, 12:43 AM
Not saying it's pretty GB, far from it, but there are good footballing reasons - we played two or tgeee games with 10 men - a couple where refs were wrong - we've had four key players injured or playing with injured - yet the squad still has us top of the league, with his second window forthcoming, and the addition of Commons, which will be a great addition.

At no point did Stubbs have us where we are at this stage in the season - which is why I'm confused as to why folk are berating Lennon - it's as tough a league as the SPL (minus Celtic) - teams set up differently this season - I'm calm and collected about our chances - we'll win the league by 10 points or so but it'll be a tough season.

Your last sentence must have been constructed after more than a few wee nippy sweeties but I hope you're correct nevertheless!!

Hi Heid Yin
18-12-2016, 12:44 AM
That's how it see it, too. There's nothing as predictable as a .net sack the manager thread. This time last year, when we had a really bad run, we had a few sack Stubbs thread; but we ended the season winning the cup. Now we're top at Christmas, with everything to play for, and we have a thread about sacking Lennon. Given that we aren't good enough to win every game comfortably, I don't know what more we could realistically expect at this stage. We aren't playing well, that's true, but demands to sack the manager seem premature to me.

Hi Heid Yin
18-12-2016, 12:46 AM

truehibernian
18-12-2016, 12:48 AM
Your last sentence must have been constructed after more than a few wee nippy sweeties but I hope you're correct nevertheless!!

iPhone and predictive text GB lol.

I simply think folk need to chill a little, appreciate there's reasons we are not firing on all cylinders, yet we're still the best team in the league.

Captain Trips
18-12-2016, 01:41 AM
Lennon has and will make mistakes but in the running of a match I really do wonder what the hell some of our players are doing.

Bartley last term I had him as MOM or pretty near dammit on several occasions, has been pretty poor thus far.

I am not seeing it in Shinnie or Graham and Boyle is reminding me of Gareth Evans.

The final 2/3rds of the park is simply woeful at times passes not making it 10yds bad decisions and dreadful balls into box and thats the ones that make it.

Very dissapointed with the team the last while.

ekhibee
18-12-2016, 02:32 AM

It's perfectly okay with me, because I'm not worried either. I'm not even concerned about people on here trying to stir up ***** about the manager when we're top of the league. Hope that's okay with you too.

Liberal Hibby
18-12-2016, 02:56 AM
Fyvie is our biggest missing player just now and it shows badly. He's always there in front of the defence to start all the moves and we have no one to fill this role. Essentially he's the glue that holds this team together and we've come unstuck in spectacular fashion in the creativity department the last couple of games. Commons was largely anonymous tonight which is maybe understandable but he did hit some very nice passes, and when we're back at full strength he'll prove his worth. Our biggest problem as I see it is still the quality of pass in the final third which is quite frankly shocking. Gray had two opportunities to really test their defence, and whilst under no pressure whatsoever hit one out the park and the other straight to their keeper.
Lennons substitutions are quite baffling as well. Take off a defender and bring on a striker - good, we're going for it, quickly followed by take off a striker and bring on a defender - WTF. Next few games now will form a crucial part of our season and Lennon really has to start earning his corn now or he'll start getting it tight from certain sections of the support.

Because the second sub followed the equaliser. Lennon (and I to be fair) was happy with the point.

JohnM1875
18-12-2016, 03:11 AM
I honestly struggle to find anything positive from the result tonight. Or any performance from the past few weeks. We have been truly woeful! Folk saying "but we're still top" of course we ****ing are!! The only competition is Dundee Utd who have done their best to implode over the past few years selling all their players. We have had the excuse of the yams and huns the past few years. Whats our excuse now? And we're joint top after having an 8 point lead. It's ****ing pathetic!

Last season I was so confident if we went up we'd be top 6 or, at the very least stay up quite easily. Now I don't think that at all. We really do look like a standard championship team. Aye we have good players missing. Don't deny that at all. But, even with those players recently we've flattered to deceive. It's do depressing.

Marco G
18-12-2016, 08:24 AM
Why should we beat Morton??
Cos they are a small club about 20% of out size and matched us all over the park
Hibs as one of the top 5 clubs in the country should be beating fizzin Morton
That wont help us though. The fact is wee teams can and do beat bigger teams. Morton beat Hamilton and Dundee Utd before unluckily losing to Aberdeen in the league cup. They have a great home record and a good manager. It was a tough match for us and we got a useful point. Now we move on, beat Raith, Utd and Falkirk and start to open a gap.

Bristolhibby
18-12-2016, 08:45 AM
I thought last week was garbage, this week is worse.

The style of football has sapped the feel good factor for me, I don't think he will be sacked or walk but I wouldn't be sorry to see him go.

Classic Hibs 6 months from the top of the world to his nonsense

And top of the Championship. A position we have never been in since we got relegated to this joke league.

J

killie-hibby
18-12-2016, 09:29 AM
And top of the Championship. A position we have never been in since we got relegated to this joke league.

J

With the exception of Celtic,the Premier league is no less a joke than the Championship.The only difference is the TV money. Scotland seems to have the most anxiety ridden and claustrophobic league system in Europe. If we achieve promotion more than likely the quality of football seen at matches will be no better than what we are seeing now.
The real jokers are the not fit for purpose executives in charge of the SFA and SPFL.

emerald green
18-12-2016, 12:30 PM
It's perfectly okay with me, because I'm not worried either. I'm not even concerned about people on here trying to stir up ***** about the manager when we're top of the league. Hope that's okay with you too.

You're completely wrong if you think I'm trying to stir up **** about the manager when Hibs are top of the Championship. Some seem to overlook that we're in the second tier of Scottish football, not the Premiership, and competing against some clubs which are part-time. I'm just saying things as I see it, i.e. expressing my honest opinion.

FWIW I don't think it would be sensible to sack Neil Lennon at this stage of the season, but surely it's only fair and reasonable to question some of the manager's team selections, and team performances like last night, on a fans forum? If you're not worried, that's fine, you crack on.

I'm also concerned that some of the young lads coming through the development team just don't seem to be getting a chance under Lennon. Possibly there are reasons for that, which I'm unaware, but it must be very disheartening for these lads if they feel they're not being given a chance to show what they can do in the first team at a time when the squad is depleted by injuries?

fat freddy
18-12-2016, 01:18 PM
I had a nice lie in this morning and unlike many on this thread I woke to the warm snugly feel of dry bed sheets, reading through this thread I can safely assume that the washing machines of East Edinburgh have been pressed into action to deal with an unexpected outbreak of urine encrusted bed linen. For me, I always clap happily when Hibs are top of the league, when have we ever done anything the easy way?

ancient hibee
18-12-2016, 02:03 PM
[QUOTE=emerald green;4882407]You're completely wrong if you think I'm trying to stir up **** about the manager when Hibs are top of the Championship. Some seem to overlook that we're in the second tier of Scottish football, not the Premiership, and competing against some clubs which are part-time. I'm just saying things as I see it, i.e. expressing my honest opinion.

FWIW I don't think it would be sensible to sack Neil Lennon at this stage of the season, but surely it's only fair and reasonable to question some of the manager's team selections, and team performances like last night, on a fans forum? If you're not worried, that's fine, you crack on.

I'm also concerned that some of the young lads coming through the development team just don't seem to be getting a chance under Lennon. Possibly there are reasons for that, which I'm unaware, but it must be very disheartening for these lads if they feel they're not being given a chance to show what they can do in the first team at a time when the squad is depleted by injuries?[/

I would say that the reason youngsters are not being given the chance to show if they're good enough to play in the first team is because the only thing that matters is staying at the top of the league.Once we've won the league we can give youngsters their chance.

pacoluna
18-12-2016, 02:26 PM
It's not even Jan yet and threads like this are popping up! We sit top of the league and have got 3/4 big players out injured. Those who keep bringing stubbs up give it a rest.. Under stubbs we would have lost the game yesterday and failed twice at promotion . Nl should be judged at end of the season. Changing managers constantly doesn't work. Look at Edinburgh city as an example, absolutely dross start to season however instead if panicking they backed Jardine and now their flying.