PDA

View Full Version : Commons signing on loan

Hibby soldier
16-12-2016, 01:40 PM
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/celtic-s-kris-commons-set-to-join-hibs-on-loan-1-4319359

Hibernia&Alba
16-12-2016, 03:12 PM
Pleasing :agree:

Franck Stanton
16-12-2016, 03:17 PM
Fantastic news, really happy with this. :greengrin:greengrin:greengrin

shetlandhibee
16-12-2016, 03:21 PM
Pleasing :agree:
:greengrinvery pleaseing IMO by january he,ll have proved a few doubters wrong, not since griff we have a outside the box scorer to be exited about:thumbsup:

Lago
16-12-2016, 03:24 PM
Fantastic news, really happy with this. :greengrin:greengrin:greengrin
Amazing the number of people that don't agree with you, baffling. :confused:

Ozyhibby
16-12-2016, 03:26 PM
:greengrinvery pleaseing IMO by january he,ll have proved a few doubters wrong, not since griff we have a outside the box scorer to be exited about:thumbsup:

Not to mention the improvement from set pieces we should see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shetlandhibee
16-12-2016, 03:28 PM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk:top marks but but hes not played for 9 months............:wink:

Hibernia&Alba
16-12-2016, 03:35 PM
Amazing the number of people that don't agree with you, baffling. :confused:

I can understand reservations on account of his age and the fact he hasn't played in a long time, but he's a proven player and well worth a punt. There's no guarantee it will work, but surely it's worth a go.

Waxy
16-12-2016, 03:38 PM
Well worth a go.

Lago
16-12-2016, 03:47 PM
:wink:
I can understand reservations on account of his age and the fact he hasn't played in a long time, but he's a proven player and well worth a punt. There's no guarantee it will work, but surely it's worth a go.

wookie70
16-12-2016, 04:01 PM
Amazing how many on here thought Lennon was going to be a new messiah but that hasn't quite turned out that way. This type of signing can re-ignite a player's enthusiasm and it could be great for him and us. It could also go the other way. He is a ball player who can hold onto the ball and he might not fancy getting kicked up and down after a few weeks particularly when the players committing the offences rarely get punished. The only thing I am certain about is he will improve our set plays and bolster our squad. Hopefully he won't yell at the bench if he is subbed and will be a positive influence for the young players. If I had to make a prediction I think he will be as successful as Stokes was in league games. That would make him an decent signing. I doubt anyone will do as well in Cup games as Stokes did!

hibee316
16-12-2016, 05:06 PM
Amazing how many on here thought Lennon was going to be a new messiah but that hasn't quite turned out that way.

Eh?

HoboHarry
16-12-2016, 05:23 PM
Amazing how many on here thought Lennon was going to be a new messiah but that hasn't quite turned out that way. This type of signing can re-ignite a player's enthusiasm and it could be great for him and us. It could also go the other way. He is a ball player who can hold onto the ball and he might not fancy getting kicked up and down after a few weeks particularly when the players committing the offences rarely get punished. The only thing I am certain about is he will improve our set plays and bolster our squad. Hopefully he won't yell at the bench if he is subbed and will be a positive influence for the young players. If I had to make a prediction I think he will be as successful as Stokes was in league games. That would make him an decent signing. I doubt anyone will do as well in Cup games as Stokes did!
Aye I was one of them, I foolishly thought he might have us top of the league in December.......... :rolleyes:

wookie70
16-12-2016, 07:31 PM
Aye I was one of them, I foolishly thought he might have us top of the league in December.......... :rolleyes:

I would have expected any manager to have got us to the top of the league in December. We have the biggest budget and are Scottish Cup winners. There were many on here that thought Lennon was going to make a huge positive difference. We may be top of the league but that is more to do with the opposition than Lennon as we have less points than last year. Lennon is just scraping pass marks for me, at best.

I hope Kris C ends up 10/10 but I am very cautious given his age and how much of the season he has missed as well as not doing pre season. He looks in decent shape and time will tell but my expectations are nowhere near as high as some others on here. Talk of the new Sauzee etc is asking way too much for me. I hope he ends up as good as Stokesy in the Scottish Cup but expect him to be more like Stoke's league form. Decent but unspectacular. Delighted if I am way off the mark and he is as good as some are predicting.

Whilst a very different character and playing in another era George Best was also 33 when he joined Hibs. Despite being the best player Britain has ever produced he wasn't really that good because of lack of playing time and fitness and attitude issues. This was at a time when most of the team would have been tanked up on a Saturday night and quite a few were overweight. Ability isn't everything it needs attitude and fitness too. Again, I hope Kris C provides all three of those attributes.

rcarter1
16-12-2016, 07:43 PM
So let see,

He will score a tap in on his debut. :greengrin

he'll struggle to impress for the remainder of the season. :confused:

he will score the winning goals (vs Hearts) in the 2017 Scottish Cup Final. :thumbsup:

We wont get promoted… :boo hoo:

southsider
16-12-2016, 07:46 PM
Great news. Now for Hendo & perhaps Christie

mjhibby
16-12-2016, 07:48 PM
I really can't see what there is not too like about this signing. We are dreadfully short in midfield and while he won't be match fit I'm sure he's played a few bounce games and development league. Makes perfect sense for all parties. If he gets anywhere near his form of a couple of seasons ago it's a mouthwatering prospect. He obviously gets on well with the manager and him and Dylan and maybe Liam in January I'm sure will know each others game. Tremendous signing and very well timed too especially with Falkirk and Utd only a couple of weeks away.

Billychaotic182
16-12-2016, 07:48 PM
So is it just till the 15th of January or is he going to be here for the rest of the season?

Heisenberg
16-12-2016, 07:53 PM
So is it just till the 15th of January or is he going to be here for the rest of the season?

We'll surely extend it. He's not going to play for Celtc.

snooky
16-12-2016, 08:20 PM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will he take the corners? That's a Kris cross quiz. :hmmm:

northstandhibby
16-12-2016, 08:46 PM
Commons is the type of player we need right now. He has skill in abundance and at 33 is an experienced player. He will also excite not just the supporters but also the players. We needed a player who can not only set up chances for the forwards but one who knows where the goal is. A canny piece of business from Lenny. I'm certain he will be a cracking acquisition for us at a time of need.

Welcome aboard Kris.

:flag:

Cosmic Truth
16-12-2016, 08:50 PM

He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy?

Libby Hibby
16-12-2016, 08:52 PM
I think he'll be a class signing, hopefully has an impact similar to wee Russell

ancient hibee
16-12-2016, 09:03 PM
We'll surely extend it. He's not going to play for Celtc.
Probably not but he may decide to go somewhere else.

where'stheslope
16-12-2016, 09:10 PM
Probably not but he may decide to go somewhere else.

Could use us as a stepping stone to elsewhere?

Hope he stays, but no game time at Celtic means hes not match sharp and could easily take a month to get sharp!

If we win games in that month then its a good deal, if not the jury is out????

Dashing Bob S
16-12-2016, 09:12 PM
Could use us as a stepping stone to elsewhere?

Hope he stays, but no game time at Celtic means hes not match sharp and could easily take a month to get sharp!

If we win games in that month then its a good deal, if not the jury is out????

The knackers yard. He's 33 and hasn't kicked a ball in anger for a year. If he does a job at this level then I'll be delighted, but I doubt anybody else is coming in for him fast.

shetlandhibee
16-12-2016, 09:13 PM
IMHO for hibs to sighn a player of kris commons caliber before january is a massive scoop for the club.........imagine what it would be like on here tonight if dundee utd had pulled this move off? its massive intent bye the club:aok:

ancient hibee
16-12-2016, 09:15 PM
You could hardly blame him if he got a two year contract offer.Obviously Celtic will let him go,probably for nothing.So if he manages ok Ms Dempster better be ready.

shetlandhibee
16-12-2016, 09:15 PM
check out the last goal he scored for celtic........:top marks

monarch
16-12-2016, 10:50 PM
I would have expected any manager to have got us to the top of the league in December. We have the biggest budget and are Scottish Cup winners. There were many on here that thought Lennon was going to make a huge positive difference. We may be top of the league but that is more to do with the opposition than Lennon as we have less points than last year. Lennon is just scraping pass marks for me, at best.

I hope Kris C ends up 10/10 but I am very cautious given his age and how much of the season he has missed as well as not doing pre season. He looks in decent shape and time will tell but my expectations are nowhere near as high as some others on here. Talk of the new Sauzee etc is asking way too much for me. I hope he ends up as good as Stokesy in the Scottish Cup but expect him to be more like Stoke's league form. Decent but unspectacular. Delighted if I am way off the mark and he is as good as some are predicting.

Whilst a very different character and playing in another era George Best was also 33 when he joined Hibs. Despite being the best player Britain has ever produced he wasn't really that good because of lack of playing time and fitness and attitude issues. This was at a time when most of the team would have been tanked up on a Saturday night and quite a few were overweight. Ability isn't everything it needs attitude and fitness too. Again, I hope Kris C provides all three of those attributes.

You'll understand if I don't invite you to my next party. :confused:

tanfield
16-12-2016, 10:58 PM

Kinda of where I am with this. Cautiously optimistic

wookie70
16-12-2016, 11:46 PM
You'll understand if I don't invite you to my next party. :confused:
No problem. If it is a celebrate Kris Cs 20th goal for Hibs this season I will gladly raise a glass but I am cautious about getting too excited. There is too many Jonathon J parallels for this to be a dead cert winner. Hope it is and think he will do OK at the least but let's see.

where'stheslope
17-12-2016, 06:30 PM
After tonight, he will maybe not want to stay?

His neck must be sore looking up at the ball flying over his head!

To play him we must keep the ball on the deck playing through teams, or we are wasting good money on him!!!!

A Hi-Bee
17-12-2016, 07:42 PM
After tonight, he will maybe not want to stay?

His neck must be sore looking up at the ball flying over his head!

To play him we must keep the ball on the deck playing through teams, or we are wasting good money on him!!!!

Hibs should always try and keep the baw on the deck, but for all the "experts" worried about the lads fitness, he lasted pretty well in my humble opinion, also has that extra bit of class about him that we really lack, he will do well at ER and will create chances for others as well, it is then up to them to take the chances.

blackpoolhibs
17-12-2016, 07:46 PM
Hibs should always try and keep the baw on the deck, but for all the "experts" worried about the lads fitness, he lasted pretty well in my humble opinion, also has that extra bit of class about him that we really lack, he will do well at ER and will create chances for others as well, it is then up to them to take the chances.

Away and stick yer experts sheite back up yer erse, he contributed nothing just like the rest of them. He might create or take chances in future but he was as bad as the rest of them today. I could have lasted 90 minutes if i did bugger all all game too.

bigwheel
17-12-2016, 07:53 PM
Thought commons showed enough in a few contributions to show he is head and shoulders the best player in that squad. Hit a couple of passes and did a couple of other things that the others could on dream of ....if we keep him he will be our top
Player - no doubts about it ...touch of class

Pete
17-12-2016, 07:54 PM
Away and stick yer experts sheite back up yer erse, he contributed nothing just like the rest of them. He might create or take chances in future but he was as bad as the rest of them today. I could have lasted 90 minutes if i did bugger all all game too.

Very harsh. Thought he was OK.

HoboHarry
17-12-2016, 08:10 PM
I find it hard to argue when faced with such a stunningly intellectual comment.

A Hi-Bee
17-12-2016, 08:18 PM

Just cannot argue with such a well constructed comment from the aforementioned poster and of course, every expert is entitled to there own opinion?
Commons done alright all things considered in my very humble opinion of course which is obviously far below your own humble opinion.

Scottie
17-12-2016, 08:28 PM
Thought he done alright tonight considering how long since his last game. :aok: