PDA

View Full Version : Is it time to stop the party?

BroxburnHibee
16-12-2016, 12:01 PM
Well is it?

A lot has been made of the various commitments that have been placed on the players since that day and perhaps its time to draw a line under it all and let the club focus solely on winning this league.

We really cant afford the lottery of the play-offs so what would be the best thing?

Of course none of us will ever stop celebrating really but I do feel we should let the team just get on with what we all want.

Enough said
16-12-2016, 12:03 PM
Well is it?

A lot has been made of the various commitments that have been placed on the players since that day and perhaps its time to draw a line under it all and let the club focus solely on winning this league.

We really cant afford the lottery of the play-offs so what would be the best thing?

Of course none of us will ever stop celebrating really but I do feel we should let the team just get on with what we all want.

I can't recall any players still partying from the cup final... enjoy your day am still celebrating

HappyHanlon
16-12-2016, 12:05 PM
Well is it?

Nah - the party will never cease.

21/05/2016 - the greatest day in history!

XXIVMMXVI
16-12-2016, 12:06 PM
Never!! :greengrin

Itsnoteasy
16-12-2016, 12:08 PM
Can't wait for the 1st anniversary.

Onion
16-12-2016, 12:25 PM
Never, ever, going to stop :thumbsup:

HoboHarry
16-12-2016, 12:29 PM
Well is it?

Is Christmas banned in your hoose anaw ya miserable barsteward? :wink:

HibbySpurs
16-12-2016, 12:35 PM
Is Christmas banned in your hoose anaw ya miserable barsteward? :wink:

No it probably isn't but there again how long do we celebrate Christmas each year? One Day!!!!

Think the point the OP is making that continually reveling in that wonderful day is a danger of distracting us from what really needs to be done on the park this season which is simply automatic promotion.... This is needed for the good of the club and for it grow... Another season in the Championship is a disaster for us...

By all means we should look back on the wonderful day of 21st May 2016 but right now everyone's focus including the fan's should be on doing everything we can to make sure Hibs are returned to the premiership.

HoboHarry
16-12-2016, 12:54 PM
No it probably isn't but there again how long do we celebrate Christmas each year? One Day!!!!

Think the point the OP is making that continually reveling in that wonderful day is a danger of distracting us from what really needs to be done on the park this season which is simply automatic promotion.... This is needed for the good of the club and for it grow... Another season in the Championship is a disaster for us...

By all means we should look back on the wonderful day of 21st May 2016 but right now everyone's focus including the fan's should be on doing everything we can to make sure Hibs are returned to the premiership.

Its been said every year we are in this league that we are facing disaster yet here we are, sill alive and kicking and still not in as much financial crap as Sevco are for example, and I for one am enjoying being top of the league.

And if we stay there until seasons end then I'm really looking forward to getting back to the top flight and reading the match day thread meltdown when we lose to Partick Thistle or Hamilton when the usual dafties will be telling us we are s***e and we should be skelping everyone bar Sevco and Celtic because of our budget.

Enjoy the moment......

spikeymike
16-12-2016, 01:05 PM
Never-ending party

Not In The Know
16-12-2016, 01:09 PM
Years of negativity while not solely to blame has been detrimental to the team on the pitch. Let's just have fun for once.

hibs0666
16-12-2016, 01:10 PM
Well is it?

In what way are we preventing the team from getting on with the business in hand?

BroxburnHibee
16-12-2016, 01:15 PM
In what way are we preventing the team from getting on with the business in hand?

I'm talking about the various commitments these guys have had outwith their normal working day. Especially our captain.

Keith_M
16-12-2016, 02:02 PM
I'm talking about the various commitments these guys have had outwith their normal working day. Especially our captain.

Do they have a lot commitments related to the Cup Win?

:dunno:

lyonhibs
16-12-2016, 02:03 PM

I'm sure that side of things will start to tail off until we win it again in May.

The extra commitments aren't exactly making their days akin to a 15 hour shift down the pits realistically. Ask the players whether they'd rather have these extra commitments to do or have it be 115 years and I think we all know what their answers would be (I'm making a bit of a straw man argument here I accept).

As for the fans, I'll never stop relishing that day. DVD and photo book await me in about 2 weeks time at home and I've not looked forward to a Xmas present this much in absolutely bloody ages :greengrin :greengrin

HibbySpurs
16-12-2016, 02:27 PM
Its been said every year we are in this league that we are facing disaster yet here we are, sill alive and kicking and still not in as much financial crap as Sevco are for example, and I for one am enjoying being top of the league.

And if we stay there until seasons end then I'm really looking forward to getting back to the top flight and reading the match day thread meltdown when we lose to Partick Thistle or Hamilton when the usual dafties will be telling us we are s***e and we should be skelping everyone bar Sevco and Celtic because of our budget.

Enjoy the moment......

To be fair it's hard to argue with the above :greengrin:aok:

Albanian Hibs
17-12-2016, 06:20 AM
Never

Pete
17-12-2016, 06:46 AM
Players, yes.

Fans, nae dange!

Feel a bit hollow talking about parties after some recent posts though. On the other hand, it might be evidence that you should live every day as if it's your last.

Why not party? See y'all on the 20th of January.:aok:

mjhibby
17-12-2016, 07:01 AM
I don't think the players focus is on anything but the game when they are playing and I'm sure our manager will make sure of that. I cherish that for some many reasons and love talking about it which does of course wind up our maroon neighbours. In fact I feel a watch of the DVD again. Need to stop it before mouser nearly starts blubbing as that gets me every time.

Diclonius
17-12-2016, 08:03 AM
Who likes to rock the party? We like to rock the party.

Steve20
17-12-2016, 08:38 AM

You do realise it's not the supporters that can win us or lose us the league? It's the management and the players.

hibbydog
17-12-2016, 08:39 AM
I am wallowing in the cup win and will continue to do so. I don't think it will ever end. It's the best result in our clubs history.

I agree the players should focus on the task at hand, but our long suffering fans deserve every little bit of the cup win.

The DVD goes on every time I come home pished. And it often results on me jumping around the living room like an idiot.

Bostonhibby
17-12-2016, 08:45 AM
I've got no intention of giving up my right to do all the stuff everyone else has highlighted above to mark our remarkable win and the way we did it but I take the OP's point because for me I think the best clubs build on success and achieve more success, many have a tendency to win something and dine out on it for a bit too long and can go into decline for whatever reason.

We already achieved decline thanks to the likes of Calderwood, Butcher, Malpas and actually employing Billy Broon etc.................so a league win / promotion on the back of that momentous cup win is required.

lyonhibs
17-12-2016, 09:10 AM

Does Christmas only come to your household once every 114 years though.

The likelihood of Hibs fans, should we not get promoted, going "not to worry, we won the cup last year" is absolutely zilch.

Relishing the fact we won it and the memories of that day will be high on my "fun things to do" list forever and a day.

Viva_Palmeiras
17-12-2016, 09:33 AM
Can't wait for the 1st anniversary.

Party on the hill/Links

One Day Soon
17-12-2016, 09:36 AM
This is the biggest Scottish Cup winning party of all time.

No-one else has waited this long, with such heavy expectation, with so much pain along the way and all against the backdrop of so much wider media, football and establishment glee and derision over the failure to do it.

The intensity of the joy and the deep, deep sense of club, community, and supporter renewal has been almost religious. An institution on its knees in terms of self-belief has been through the very sweetest of redemptions - our very own resurrection at Easter Road. We didn't just win the cup, we won back our dignity and pride.

There has never been - and there will never be - another Scottish Cup win like it for any other club. The golden ratio of length of time waited relative to size of club, near extinction experience while waiting and painful Cup experiences over the years makes this genuinely unique. And the final itself - 90 minutes (a wee bit more than 90 :hyper) straight from the script of Roy of the Rovers - gave this a Hollywood ending of epic scale.

Other clubs have had impressive cup wins. Great achievements. Giant killings and goal feasts. Ours is the Scottish Cup win with the deepest resonance, the most profound effect and the most enduring emotional meaning. It is, in fact, the greatest Scottish Cup win of all time. We now have the most special of relationships with the Scottish Cup because this win has had a more profound effect on us as a club and as a wider Hibernian family than any other in the Cup's history.

So when you ask whether it is time to stop the party the answer is this. This Scottish Cup winning party isn't a destination, it's a spiritual journey. One that ever ends.

Viva_Palmeiras
17-12-2016, 09:37 AM

If your are Jewish or Muslim no days...

Let the manager and his team make the call on number of commitments outside of games/training/rest.

Viva_Palmeiras
17-12-2016, 09:39 AM

No-one else has waited this long, with such heavy expectation, with so much pain along the way and all against the backdrop of so much wider media, football and establishment glee and derision over the failure to do it.

The intensity of the joy and the deep, deep sense of club, community, and supporter renewal has been almost religious. An institution on its knees in terms of self-belief has been through the very sweetest of redemptions - our very own resurrection at Easter Road. We didn't just win the cup, we won back our dignity and pride.

There has never been - and there will never be - another Scottish Cup win like it for any other club. The golden ratio of length of time waited relative to size of club, near extinction experience while waiting and painful Cup experiences over the years makes this genuinely unique. And the final itself - 90 minutes (a wee bit more than 90 😍) straight from the script of Roy of the Rovers - gave this a Hollywood ending of epic scale.

Other clubs have had impressive cup wins. Great achievements. Giant killings and goal feasts. Ours is the Scottish Cup win with the deepest resonance, the most profound effect and the most enduring emotional meaning. It is, in fact, the greatest Scottish Cup win of all time. We now have the most special of relationships with the Scottish Cup because this win has had a more profound effect on us as a club and as a wider Hibernian family than any other in the Cup's history.

So when you ask whether it is time to stop the party the answer is this. This Scottish Cup winning party isn't a destination, it's a spiritual journey. One than ever ends.

It's the film that Robert Duvall should have made.

hibbydog
17-12-2016, 09:51 AM

There has never been - and there will never be - another Scottish Cup win like it for any other club. The golden ratio of length of time waited relative to size of club, near extinction experience while waiting and painful Cup experiences over the years makes this genuinely unique. And the final itself - 90 minutes (a wee bit more than 90 😍) straight from the script of Roy of the Rovers - gave this a Hollywood ending of epic scale.

So when you ask whether it is time to stop the party the answer is this. This Scottish Cup winning party isn't a destination, it's a spiritual journey. One than ever ends.

Brilliant post

Bostonhibby
17-12-2016, 10:11 AM

I'm in[emoji106] [emoji1]
Great post.

Sent from my HTC One mini 2 using Tapatalk

Col2
17-12-2016, 10:26 AM

There has never been - and there will never be - another Scottish Cup win like it for any other club. The golden ratio of length of time waited relative to size of club, near extinction experience while waiting and painful Cup experiences over the years makes this genuinely unique. And the final itself - 90 minutes (a wee bit more than 90 ��) straight from the script of Roy of the Rovers - gave this a Hollywood ending of epic scale.

So when you ask whether it is time to stop the party the answer is this. This Scottish Cup winning party isn't a destination, it's a spiritual journey. One that ever ends.

One of the greatest post in Hibs.net history. Described what we ALL feel in the most wonderful way with words. Thank you.

rcarter1
17-12-2016, 10:29 AM

There has never been - and there will never be - another Scottish Cup win like it for any other club. The golden ratio of length of time waited relative to size of club, near extinction experience while waiting and painful Cup experiences over the years makes this genuinely unique. And the final itself - 90 minutes (a wee bit more than 90 ��) straight from the script of Roy of the Rovers - gave this a Hollywood ending of epic scale.

Holy Moley. That should be written somewhere on/in/at Easter Road! :top marks

Galahibby
17-12-2016, 10:41 AM

Awww man, that's me away again! :boo hoo:

S4uzee
17-12-2016, 10:41 AM
The Scottish Cup Party scheduled before the Bonnyrigg game is a bit too far

CallumLaidlaw
17-12-2016, 10:47 AM

Nowhere does it say it's a Scottish cup winners party. It's a warmup party [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FranckSuzy
17-12-2016, 11:32 AM
Awww man, that's me away again! :boo hoo:

Me too! :boo hoo::not worth

tamig
17-12-2016, 11:43 AM

I think you have summed it up perfectly. Superb.

rotherhamrob
17-12-2016, 12:25 PM

There has never been - and there will never be - another Scottish Cup win like it for any other club. The golden ratio of length of time waited relative to size of club, near extinction experience while waiting and painful Cup experiences over the years makes this genuinely unique. And the final itself - 90 minutes (a wee bit more than 90 :hyper) straight from the script of Roy of the Rovers - gave this a Hollywood ending of epic scale.

Top,top post.
I feel truly blessed to have witnessed something that generations of my family and others didn't.

Hibby D
17-12-2016, 12:36 PM

Your words are no less than beautiful.

Itsnoteasy
17-12-2016, 12:39 PM
Marathon bet are just encouraging us to continue the party.

NAE NOOKIE
17-12-2016, 12:54 PM

:top marks ...... Great post.

There are plenty of clubs out there who have never won the cup and who have been around as long as Hibs and plenty who have waited longer than us to win it again. But none of them have toiled under the weight of expectation that they should be contenders to win it like we have ... Hibs have always been one of the top 6 clubs in Scotland, which made our failure to win it even with some great teams a bit of an embarrassmentand a cause of great piss taking by other clubs fans and the media, especially in the last few years.

For those reasons it became something of an obsession around Easter Road, made all the worse by getting to the final so many times and always falling at the final hurdle ..... because 5 of those finals were within living memory for thousands of Hibs fans and many of us who turned up on 21/05/16 had been at most, if not all, of these 5 finals the need, the desperation, to win was palpable.

Like every Hibby I used to imagine what it would be like if we ever did win it ....... Its not often the reality lives up to the dream, but everything that happened on the weekend of the 21st and 22nd of May lived up to, if not exceeded, how I had always imagined it would be, from the fighting comeback from 2 - 1 down and the Roy of the Rovers winner in the dying embers of the game to the celebrations after the full time whistle to being, almost literally thrown out of the boozer at midnight on the Saturday, getting to bed at 3am on Sunday morning and then up early to catch the train to Edinburgh to witness and be part of an astonishing turn out by so many people, who even if they weren't die hard Hibbies clearly had an affection for the club.

It simply isn't possible to go over the top celebrating this event in the clubs history and its even better that Hibs more than any other club who have won it have made such an effort to bring the cup to the community by taking it round schools etc so that the ordinary fans, and hopefully future fans, can get the opportunity to see and touch the trophy. Perhaps we have set a trend here that other clubs will follow.

portycabbage
17-12-2016, 01:02 PM
Is the pope a Mormon? Do bears **** in the desert?

Frazerbob
17-12-2016, 01:22 PM
At the Persevered Tour visit to Aberdeen, I was told by Grieg Mailer that the club will be stopping all cup photos, visits etc in January as we approach our first game in this season's tournament. The "warm up party" the night before the Bonnyrigg Rose game will probably be the last club organised event around the cup win. Seems a sensible approach to me.

The fans on the other hand will be celebrating until our final day on this mortal coil.

NAE NOOKIE
17-12-2016, 01:26 PM

Enjoy the moment......

It might have been said before mate, but this season is different. Winning the cup has brought sharply into focus exactly what potential this club has and its scarily bigger than many of us could have imagined .... we have gone from crowds of under 10,000 for most league games to an average of 15,000 without even getting promoted and next to no away supporters at most home games. If you want that put into perspective show me another club in the whole of Europe who can point to a rise in its crowds of over 30% since last season, there cant be many .... and if there is it will be on the back of a promotion, not a cup win.

Get promoted and we can hope to even exceed this seasons average and aim for a record number of season ticket holders, 13,000 would be the aim. We could be looking at close on 20,000 crowds for Hearts, Celtic, Sevco and even Aberdeen matches, fail to go up and we will lose all of that momentum ST sales will drop back to round 6 or 7 thousand and walk ups will dwindle to a few hundred. We will have to take any decent offer for the likes of McGinn, Cummings, Fyvie and perhaps even Hanlon.

If we don't go up Hibs will not go to the wall, Hibs will not go part time .......................... But we will have lost a massive, massive opportunity to realise the full potential of the club and create a momentum that will hopefully sustain the good health of the club for the next decade and draw more kids into choosing Hibs as the club they want to support.

The importance of this season honestly cant be overstated ..... the consequences of success or failure are quite simply enormous, its arguably the most important season the club has had since it was formed in 1875.

GreenCastle
17-12-2016, 01:26 PM

Love this!

It's hard to put into words what a day 21:5:16 was and I'm definitely going to keep celebrating it and remembering it as the greatest day of my life till the day I die.

So glad I was alive to witness such an amazing amazing in sporting history.

sleeping giant
17-12-2016, 01:53 PM

That is quite possibly the best post I have ever read on here.
Very apt username too.

Well done Sir and thank you.

17-12-2016, 02:23 PM

The best post in the history of hibs.net. Accurate, succinct and articulate. Brilliant

GreenCastle
17-12-2016, 02:29 PM
I wonder how many times people will come on to say when will the party stop.

Next it will be the 21 / 5 / 16 blanket.

No - it was a unique day which deserves to be celebrated forever.

One Day Soon
20-12-2016, 10:20 AM
The best post in the history of hibs.net. Accurate, succinct and articulate. Brilliant

That's very kind.

It would a pity if every Hibernian supporter made a point of adopting this point of view about our Scottish Cup win in conversation with Jambo chums ad nauseum...

20-12-2016, 11:12 AM

I agree, we've spent years taking absolute pelters for it. Years of mocking so why the hell shouldn't we lap it up now we've won it. The jambos in particular desperately want it forgotten and shut up about, giving it "aw hibs are milking it". Em i believe they went on about 5-1 for quite a long time! Never let them forget the hand they themselves had in our famous cup win, it is an absolute sickner for them!

Enjoy our time being cup holders but same time lets not do what hearts did after 5-1 and live off it. Hearts have never been the same in derbies since that day and even some of their own support became annoyed at the fans hiding behind "aye ok hibs beat us but but 5-1 5-1 5-1!". It was the greatest day in our history and we have every right to lap it up and celebrate it to the fullest but lets just make sure we don't ever use it as a comfort blanket like the yams, we need to build on the success. I will never accept failure in this league because "oh but we still won the cup!".

Bad Martini
20-12-2016, 11:39 AM
now we have actually won the Scottish Cup and WHEN we do get promoted ....... Some torn faced *******s on here will need a new hobby moaning like **** about something else eh !

Personally, I'll be celebrating slapping the Manky ones in such a fashion and winning that cup for years to come....

...meantime, the torn faced out there can moan away :greengrin:greengrin

ENDOF

Speedy
20-12-2016, 03:27 PM

Christmas drags on for weeks

IlDiavola
20-12-2016, 03:35 PM
Party people!! Can you feel the sun?

Viva_Palmeiras
20-12-2016, 04:10 PM

The post to end all posts. Nailed it.

HUTCHYHIBBY
20-12-2016, 08:32 PM
One of the greatest post in Hibs.net history. Described what we ALL feel in the most wonderful way with words. Thank you.

Deserving of a place in the vault all by itself.

rcarter1
20-12-2016, 10:15 PM
P A R T why?

because I gotta… :thumbsup:

(Shameless bump to continue the presence of the best ever post ever……. ever):greengrin

One Day Soon
21-12-2016, 09:33 PM
I agree, we've spent years taking absolute pelters for it. Years of mocking so why the hell shouldn't we lap it up now we've won it. The jambos in particular desperately want it forgotten and shut up about, giving it "aw hibs are milking it". Em i believe they went on about 5-1 for quite a long time! Never let them forget the hand they themselves had in our famous cup win, it is an absolute sickner for them!

Enjoy our time being cup holders but same time lets not do what hearts did after 5-1 and live off it. Hearts have never been the same in derbies since that day and even some of their own support became annoyed at the fans hiding behind "aye ok hibs beat us but but 5-1 5-1 5-1!". It was the greatest day in our history and we have every right to lap it up and celebrate it to the fullest but lets just make sure we don't ever use it as a comfort blanket like the yams, we need to build on the success. I will never accept failure in this league because "oh but we still won the cup!".

They will try to bury this achievement as quickly as possible and will look for any excuse to belittle or besmirch it. It is essential that current generations of Hibernian supporters are the authors of its true history and meaning for posterity and, more importantly, for future generations. It would be a ludicrous irony if, in contrast to a club that can never resist the pompous, overstated and over-claimed at the PBS, we managed to under sell and under value what has been a unique achievement.

It is not a substitute for league progress or a fig leaf for any other failure. It stands in its own right as one of the greatest stories in Edinburgh and Scottish football's history.

Alex Trager
22-12-2016, 09:51 AM
John McGinn and Marvin Bartley were on Twitter last night expressing their thoughts on the party :)http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161222/64f7db43763b5a34309572574a190864.pnghttp://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161222/8e4868f349dbffcaacfcc4428750b42d.png

hibs0666
22-12-2016, 09:56 AM

I know what you mean mate. However, Tynie is much closer so that should help the party to go with a swing. :wink:

hibs0666
22-12-2016, 09:57 AM

And never let them forget their poppy thievery either.

Onion
22-12-2016, 11:01 AM
7 months on and they STILL don't get it !

Daily Ranger article today with headline ...

"Hibs win over Rangers was their biggest moment in club's recent history but triumph was overshadowed by shameful scenes."

:gwa:

JimBHibees
22-12-2016, 11:53 AM
7 months on and they STILL don't get it !

Daily Ranger article today with headline ...

"Hibs win over Rangers was their biggest moment in club's recent history but triumph was overshadowed by shameful scenes."

:gwa:

Brilliant 7 months on and it is still hurting at the fanzine. Superb. :flag: