PDA

View Full Version : Morton Away

Dashing Bob S
14-12-2016, 03:04 PM
Will be a tough one. United drew there recently, the one blemish in an otherwise perfect string of victories that have put them on our shoulder. If we took three points it would send out a positive message. A defeat or draw would send out the wrong one.

H18 SFR
14-12-2016, 06:22 PM
An absolute huge match as far as the short term is concerned. Win and we stay on top, anything else and we will no doubt be second going into the game with Dundee Utd on January 7th.

Dashing Bob S
14-12-2016, 07:57 PM
An absolute huge match as far as the short term is concerned. Win and we stay on top, anything else and we will no doubt be second going into the game with Dundee Utd on January 7th.

If we want to win this league, we really can't afford to fall behind United then expect to chase them when our key players come back. Everybody has to step up and grind out wins in fixtures like this one.

Big L
14-12-2016, 08:41 PM
Quitongo's oot! Apparently getting a scan on Friday. TF.

Heisenberg
14-12-2016, 08:53 PM
Morton missing a couple of key players too. Big game that we have to win.

offshorehibby
14-12-2016, 08:55 PM
The positive is they did get beat to Dunfermline last week.

Albanian Hibs
14-12-2016, 09:11 PM
Any recommendations for pubs in Greenock? Going through early and staying the night (hotel not far from ground)

ihibs7
14-12-2016, 11:42 PM
Any recommendations for pubs in Greenock? Going through early and staying the night (hotel not far from ground)

If you're staying at the premier inn, the point is okay as brewers fayre's go. The Norseman is okay at the corner of the ground. I'll probably do wetherspoons in Greenock or more likely flava in gourock and train it in for the match.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sir David Gray
14-12-2016, 11:48 PM
Massive match considering we'll probably be without Marciano, McGeouch, McGinn, Fyvie and Keatings.

It's a real test of our squad depth.

Wheat Hound
14-12-2016, 11:52 PM
Laidlaw
Fonts Hanlon McGregor

Gray Martin Shinnie Crane

Holt Cummings Graham

B.H.F.C
14-12-2016, 11:59 PM
Massive match considering we'll probably be without Marciano, McGeouch, McGinn, Fyvie and Keatings.

It's a real test of our squad depth.

Regardless of them missing we still need to win. The 11 we put out on the pitch should still be better than Morton.

Of course I'd much rather we had them all available but if we want to win the league we are going to need to dig some results out over the Christmas period.

jacomo
15-12-2016, 12:05 AM
We spanked them last time. Why not again?

HUTCHYHIBBY
15-12-2016, 12:06 AM

The Old Bank Bar.

monktonharp
15-12-2016, 12:10 AM
Well, It seems some have us in second place this weekend already. not good news that Mc Geoch is out AGAIN but I am sure the team will respond to a very good support , for this time of the season at one of our furthest away games. btw, whpo are D.Utd beating this weekend?:rolleyes: they have somehow managed to get through games with 1 nil victories recently and now some have them as a great side

Dashing Bob S
15-12-2016, 12:51 AM
Well, It seems some have us in second place this weekend already. not good news that Mc Geoch is out AGAIN but I am sure the team will respond to a very good support , for this time of the season at one of our furthest away games. btw, whpo are D.Utd beating this weekend?:rolleyes: they have somehow managed to get through games with 1 nil victories recently and now some have them as a great side

Don't think Utd are a great side, but I think they are proving to be an effective one in that division. They are grinding out results. Hopefully they hit a bad patch or get injuries to key players.

monktonharp
15-12-2016, 01:31 AM
[QUOTE=Dashing Bob S;4879394]Don't think Utd are a great side, but I think they are proving to be an effective one in that division. They are grinding out results. Hopefully they hit a bad patch or get injuries to key players.[/QUOTE:agree: almost taking over the mantel of the new Falkirk, in this league. boring, unbelievably getting results team , and I hope among others that we can somehow shake off the tag of being a nearly team. the cup win was a massive boost to the fans. time for the team to step up to the plate, and the manager to do his work.

GreenCastle
15-12-2016, 08:26 AM

Morton have won 8 of past 13 games.

They are also unbeaten at home since March - haven't lost at home in 12 games and that's nearly 9 months unbeaten at home !

Massive 3 points for us required.

Keith_M
15-12-2016, 09:28 AM

If you don't mind a Wetherspoons, The James Watt is only a few minutes walk from Greenock Central.

Ronniekirk
15-12-2016, 09:29 AM

They are also unbeaten at home since March - haven't lost at home in 12 games and that's nearly 9 months unbeaten at home !

Didnt realise thier home form was so good The last time we played them thete it was a Turgid 0 0 if i remember cortectly and there was another game where Dylan was pulling all the strings and driving us forward
But its a ground where on a cold wet eindy night the players need to dig in and take our chances and concentrate at the back

Sir David Gray
15-12-2016, 10:26 AM

I would be (pleasantly) surprised if we spank them again a 1-0 win would be more than enough for me considering the list of injuries we have.

emerald green
15-12-2016, 11:12 AM

Because Hibs have several key players missing from the last time, and Morton have improved significantly since then. They are unbeaten in their last 12 home fixtures in all competitions stretching back to late March.

If Hibs were to win 4-0 easily again it would great, but it would be a surprise. To me anyway. Just trying to be realistic.

Whoever plays on Saturday will have to really dig in, and if and when chances come they must be taken.

HibsSean4
15-12-2016, 12:56 PM
Anybody heard anything of the secret venue for the pre-match party for those going through on the marathonbet buses from Easter Road?

The Leith Dutch
15-12-2016, 01:29 PM
Laidlaw
Fonts Hanlon McGregor

Gray Martin Shinnie Crane

Holt Cummings Graham

Think Boyle should and will start.
I'd then have Boyle and Cummings either side of Holt looking for him to hold it up and play them in or Shinnie to play them through.

Keep Graham for the bench.

I'd also be inclined to go with two at the back and have Bartley in to break play up in the midfield.

Dashing Bob S
15-12-2016, 04:48 PM

Biggest game of the season. For whatever reason, we fluffed our lines at Tannadice. Let's not do it again.

Brooster
15-12-2016, 05:20 PM
Anybody heard anything of the secret venue for the pre-match party for those going through on the marathonbet buses from Easter Road?

Yes.....details under wraps until nearer the time. Cracking venue though.

ihibs7
15-12-2016, 07:38 PM
Yes.....details under wraps until nearer the time. Cracking venue though.

Hibs halls in the port?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mjhibby
16-12-2016, 07:39 AM
Because Hibs have several key players missing from the last time, and Morton have improved significantly since then. They are unbeaten in their last 12 home fixtures in all competitions stretching back to late March.

If Hibs were to win 4-0 easily again it would great, but it would be a surprise. To me anyway. Just trying to be realistic.

Whoever plays on Saturday will have to really dig in, and if and when chances come they must be taken.

It will be a tight game and I think Cummings could be the key. His dead ball delivery was excellent and can see us scoring from a dead ball situation. I'd put Boyle out wide to create and go 442. They made a couple of mistakes last week so keep hassling them all through the game. An unconvincing,1-0 or 2-1 will do me.

northstandhibby
16-12-2016, 07:50 AM
It seems to me to be unpredictable to call this game. I'm hoping the players will kick off on the front foot and keep their composure as even without the key players we should have enough in the squad to win these matches. Could be anything. One thing's for sure we will need to concentrate the whole game and be switched on as this will be no walkover and I would be happy with a hard fought 1-0 if that's what it takes.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

calumhibee1
16-12-2016, 08:11 AM
It seems to me to be unpredictable to call this game. I'm hoping the players will kick off on the front foot and keep their composure as even without the key players we should have enough in the squad to win these matches. Could be anything. One thing's for sure we will need to concentrate the whole game and be switched on as this will be no walkover and I would be happy with a hard fought 1-0 if that's what it takes.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

That's what people need to remember. While we've been hammered with injuries and our star striker not being involved/being off the boil all at the same time, the team we put out on Saturday will be significantly better player for player than everyone in this league, and I'd almost be tempted to include Dundee Utd in that.

Pete
16-12-2016, 08:21 AM
I would be (pleasantly) surprised if we spank them again a 1-0 win would be more than enough for me considering the list of injuries we have.

I'd take 1-0 right now.

Hibeewilly
16-12-2016, 10:00 AM
It'll have to be a fair size to accommodate 550 of us and there is a live band - one of the buildings around the SECC would seem fav but no doubt there are plenty other places that could handle it

Keith_M
16-12-2016, 10:15 AM
It'll have to be a fair size to accommodate 550 of us and there is a live band - one of the buildings around the SECC would seem fav but no doubt there are plenty other places that could handle it

That would be ideal if the game was at Firhill but surely unlikely for this match.

I heard you're going HERE (https://www.snowfactor.com/welcome-to-snow-factor/) pre-match. Everybody has to take part :wink:

CyberSauzee
16-12-2016, 04:45 PM
Will be happy with a dull 1 nil win. Morton don't score much at home and we've got a great defensive record so far this season.

Let's see if Commons can make a positive contribution in the attacking third.

GreenCastle
16-12-2016, 05:27 PM
Just win please Hibs..

Head says a 1-1 draw

Dashing Bob S
16-12-2016, 08:27 PM
Laidlaw

Gray Crane

Hanlon, McGregor

Shinnie Commons Bartley

Cummings Holt Boyle

Subs: Martin, Fontaine, Graham, Stevenson

lapsedhibee
17-12-2016, 08:52 AM
Will be a tough one. United drew there recently, the one blemish in an otherwise perfect string of victories that have put them on our shoulder. If we took three points it would send out a positive message. A defeat or draw would send out the wrong one.

This post quoted in today's i Scottish fitba websites round-up.