PDA

View Full Version : What pictures are you in then?

hibs0666
14-12-2016, 01:59 PM
This is one for those that went down to Ayr last game out. The Guardian followed the Hibs support down there and took multo pictures.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/dec/14/away-days-photo-essay-scottish-football-ayr-hibs#img-1

What one(s) are you in then? Number 13 for me. :wink:

Jonnyboy
14-12-2016, 09:12 PM
This is one for those that went down to Ayr last game out. The Guardian followed the Hibs support down there and took multo pictures.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/dec/14/away-days-photo-essay-scottish-football-ayr-hibs#img-1

What one(s) are you in then? Number 13 for me. :wink:

My nephew and I are in pic 9

oldbutdim
14-12-2016, 09:27 PM

I noticed that.

I'm out of shot.

It looks like the photographer was looking for 'interesting faces' as opposed to photogenic.
He's possibly a wartime photo journalist.

Jonnyboy
14-12-2016, 09:45 PM
I noticed that.

I'm out of shot.

It looks like the photographer was looking for 'interesting faces' as opposed to photogenic.

:faf:

greenlex
14-12-2016, 11:49 PM

Never far from the grub.

Spike Mandela
15-12-2016, 07:50 AM
Thought the pictures would have looked a bit more like this but in green.........

Keith_M
15-12-2016, 09:30 AM
Boy, us football fans really are a bunch of ugly bassas!

:greengrin

On a more serious note. Have a look at pic 10 and tell me how they can possibly get a safety certificate for that stand.

heretoday
15-12-2016, 10:09 AM
Boy, us football fans really are a bunch of ugly bassas!

On a more serious note. Have a look at pic 10 and tell me how they can possibly get a safety certificate for that stand.
It really is like a scene out of the 1970s! Not much had changed.

lyonhibs
15-12-2016, 10:48 AM
I noticed that.

I'm out of shot.

This may be the best unintentional (I think.........) piece of comedy ever written on .net

:faf::faf:

Keith_M
15-12-2016, 10:50 AM
This may be the best unintentional (I think.........) piece of comedy ever written on .net

I very much doubt that

:wink:

essexhibee
15-12-2016, 11:06 AM
Nice little article that and some great shots.

Makes me all the more jealous as living where we do I'd love to be a part of that!

Alex Trager
15-12-2016, 01:27 PM
i noticed that.

I'm out of shot.

Jonnyboy
15-12-2016, 03:43 PM

Having spent a thoroughly enjoyable time in the company of OBD in Copenhagen I can confirm these comments were entirely intentional 😂😂

Dashing Bob S
15-12-2016, 04:54 PM
I have to say that the dress sense of the supporters in those picture -apart from the seasoned gentleman in photograph three- is abominable. It made me embarrassed to be a Hibernian supporter and imbued in me the sort of shame that made Hearts 5-1 financial doping win pale into insignificance. Is this what we've come to?

cabbageandribs1875
15-12-2016, 05:03 PM
I have to say that the dress sense of the supporters in those picture -apart from the seasoned gentleman in photograph three- is abominable. It made me embarrassed to be a Hibernian supporter and imbued in me the sort of shame that made Hearts 5-1 financial doping win pale into insignificance. Is this what we've come to?

and what about that maroon bus they travelled in boab

Dashing Bob S
15-12-2016, 05:33 PM
and what about that maroon bus they travelled in boab

Bloody awful.

Nakedmanoncrack
15-12-2016, 11:30 PM
Somebody at the back of the bus wearing an England shirt?

FranckSuzy
15-12-2016, 11:52 PM
Somebody at the back of the bus wearing an England shirt?

Nope, a Hibs 'Crabbies' polo shirt :greengrin

JK Rolling
15-12-2016, 11:55 PM
http://www.hibs.net/images/hibsnet/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by oldbutdim http://www.hibs.net/images/hibsnet/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?p=4879323#post4879323)
I noticed that.

I'm out of shot.

It's like you read my mind.:rotflmao:

FranckSuzy
16-12-2016, 07:43 AM
Nae offence to the guy wearing the hat, right at front in photo three, but a magazine cover does not await.

Unless the magazine in question is "Dentistry Emergency Cases Quarterly"

I know this is meant as lighthearted banter but the chap in question is one of the most cheery, Hibs daft guys around despite his disabilities :aok:

lyonhibs
16-12-2016, 08:44 AM
I know this is meant as lighthearted banter but the chap in question is one of the most cheery, Hibs daft guys around despite his disabilities :aok:

Ah ****, had no idea he had disabilities.

Post deleted

FranckSuzy
16-12-2016, 09:51 AM
Ah ****, had no idea he had disabilities.

Post deleted

:aok:

SRHibs
16-12-2016, 01:14 PM
Strange that it becomes completely OK to insult someone's appearance if they aren't disabled.

FranckSuzy
16-12-2016, 01:23 PM
Strange that it becomes completely OK to insult someone's appearance if they aren't disabled.

It's strange that since only one person's appearance was mentioned on this thread you have an issue with a comment about it.

SRHibs
16-12-2016, 01:36 PM
It's strange that since only one person's appearance was mentioned on this thread you have an issue with a comment about it.

Pardon?

FranckSuzy
16-12-2016, 01:52 PM
Pardon?

Only one person's appearance was commented on in the thread (other than ribbing between friends and DBS' sartorial advice re dress sense) and since they aren't on .net, I felt it only fair to 'stick up' for them. If anybody else's looks were made fun of, and they weren't on here/able to respond, I would do the same :aok:

SRHibs
16-12-2016, 02:26 PM
Only one person's appearance was commented on in the thread (other than ribbing between friends and DBS' sartorial advice re dress sense) and since they aren't on .net, I felt it only fair to 'stick up' for them. If anybody else's looks were made fun of, and they weren't on here/able to respond, I would do the same :aok:

Oh, I wasn't taking issue with you defending them - that's more than understandable. I was referring to lyonhibs deleting his post because of his being disabled. I think it's pretty ****ty to say stuff like that regardless of who the person is, and with him being a hibby there's every chance he'd read this board. Was just an observation anyway.

Keith_M
16-12-2016, 02:29 PM
It's a shame this thread has gone off course...

FWIW, my insult about looks applies equally to everybody photographed

SRHibs
16-12-2016, 02:52 PM
Yeah, apologies for that. The photos are superb though. They feel very 'real'.

Hibernia&Alba
16-12-2016, 03:42 PM

I had no idea. Wasn't meaning to be cruel to the guy at all and feel awful. Sincere apologies. Thanks for the info, Suzy.

lyonhibs
16-12-2016, 04:15 PM
I had no idea. Wasn't meaning to be cruel to the guy at all and feel awful. Sincere apologies. Thanks for the info, Suzy.

Likewise :agree::agree:

Back vaguely on topic, once we get promoted, will anyone miss the away days to the likes of Somerset Park etc where the stand and accompanying facilities are rather more "retro" then one might be used to in the top league (not counting the shanty stadiums of Fir Park, Celtc Park and Tynecastle obviously :greengrin)

Jonnyboy
16-12-2016, 04:27 PM
Having spent a thoroughly enjoyable time in the company of OBD in Copenhagen I can confirm these comments were entirely intentional 😂😂

For the avoidance of doubt, OBD and I get on very well and I appreciate and enjoy his sense of humour 😀👍

FranckSuzy
16-12-2016, 04:52 PM

:aok:

Tamhere1875
17-12-2016, 11:15 AM
A lot of very sad people on here slagging of other Hibs supporters. Instead of being on here 24/7 get of yir ***** and go see the team away from home.

FranckSuzy
17-12-2016, 11:19 AM
A lot of very sad people on here slagging of other Hibs supporters. Instead of being on here 24/7 get of yir ***** and go see the team away from home.

To be fair, kick off isn't until 5.15pm :greengrin