PDA

View Full Version : Gary Rowett Sacked

brog
14-12-2016, 12:50 PM
Hope it doesn't impact negatively on us keeping AS after New Year & potentially longer term. Can't afford to lose another midfielder right now.

Mikey09
14-12-2016, 12:59 PM
Hope it doesn't impact negatively on us keeping AS after New Year & potentially longer term. Can't afford to lose another midfielder right now.

As as far as I'm aware cross border loans cannot be recalled. He's here for the season.

HibeeDaz6270
14-12-2016, 12:59 PM

Seems an odd one. Currently 7th & only 3pts behind 3rd place.

Billy Whizz
14-12-2016, 01:07 PM
They won 2-1 last night against Ipswich!

Future17
14-12-2016, 01:10 PM
The whole backroom staff has been cleaned out - something strange going on. Perhaps tapped up by another club?

Moulin Yarns
14-12-2016, 01:18 PM
Club statement

http://www.bcfc.com/news/article/2016-17/birmingham-city-gary-rowett-panos-pavlakis-3468386.aspx?utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=SocialSignIn&utm_source=Twitter

Mcpakeisgod
14-12-2016, 01:30 PM
Looks like it's the crazy investors/owners who made the decision, typical

Dan Sarf
14-12-2016, 01:33 PM
Looks like it's the crazy investors/owners who made the decision, typical

However, new owners Trillion Trophy Asia Limited (TTAL) remains determined to lead the Club to a bright and exciting future.

Crazy ungrammatical owners :rolleyes:

Thecat23
14-12-2016, 01:36 PM
The whole backroom staff has been cleaned out - something strange going on. Perhaps tapped up by another club?

Doesn't look that way, seems they are a bunch of clowns.

Billy Whizz
14-12-2016, 01:39 PM
Doesn't look that way, seems they are a bunch of clowns.

Coaching staff or owners?

Marco G
14-12-2016, 02:07 PM
As as far as I'm aware cross border loans cannot be recalled. He's here for the season.
I think thats correct. Remember last season when Hull wanted Mark Oxley back they were told it was a no go due to cross border rules.

Stevie Reid
14-12-2016, 02:25 PM
Crazy, especially given the mess they were in when he took over. He'll get another job very quickly, and wouldn't be surprised to see Birmingham regret this decision considerably.

H18 SFR
14-12-2016, 02:36 PM
Stubbsy has it in the bag...:thumbsup::na na::not worth

H18 SFR
14-12-2016, 02:37 PM
I think thats correct. Remember last season when Hull wanted Mark Oxley back they were told it was a no go due to cross border rules.

My interpretation was that you can't recall until the next transfer window, in this case January.

NAE NOOKIE
14-12-2016, 02:56 PM
Seems an odd one. Currently 7th & only 3pts behind 3rd place.

Watching them struggle to match what was pretty well a 2nd string Hibs team a week before the season started I have to say IMO Rowett looks like he has done a pretty good job of turning a Sows ear into something approaching a silk purse.

This doesn't strike me as a new owner looking to lead the club to a 'bright future' this looks like yet another set of barmy foreign owners of an English club who are looking for instant success ... they appear to be from China or Hong Kong and it doesn't bode well that their first decisive action since taking over BC about 18 months ago has been to wait until the manager at last appears to be turning the team around and then sack him, leaving the club 2 weeks to get a new manager in place before the January transfer window opens.

Even if they manage to put a new guy in place in the next two weeks how is he going to assess what he needs and where to strengthen if practically the whole coaching staff has been sacked? If they aren't expecting the new guy to get the club promoted this season what was the point of sacking Rowett now, they don't appear to be in danger of relegation so surely it would have been better to wait and see if he could at least get them to the play offs and if not punt him at the end of the season when it is far easier to attract the quality of manager they presumably want and when its cheaper and easier to buy quality players.

In my crystal ball I see thousands of Brummies outside the ground with banners saying 'this club will never be called Birmingham Tigers' and 'we never have and never will play in red' :greengrin

JDHibs
14-12-2016, 03:05 PM
Typical in todays game, new owner comes in, has new ideas and doesnt give a toss about who gets in their way...

Normally its justified, but this is mental. Rowett has taken a struggling team to 2 top half finishes, nearly hitting the play offs last season and 3 points off 3rd this season on a shoe string budget in comparison to some in that league.

Hes a very good young manager and will be picked up very soon by another club. Hopefully B'Ham learn to regret this decision and go backwards.

brog
14-12-2016, 03:19 PM
My interpretation was that you can't recall until the next transfer window, in this case January.

That's what I thought but could easily be wrong!

ancient hibee
14-12-2016, 03:24 PM
They were saying last night that the Everton manager was under pressure,only 7th.?

Heisenberg
14-12-2016, 03:39 PM
Zola is apparently getting the job. Utter failure of a manager. Bewildering.

lapsedhibee
14-12-2016, 03:47 PM
However, new owners Trillion Trophy Asia Limited (TTAL) remains determined to lead the Club to a bright and exciting future.

Crazy ungrammatical owners :rolleyes:

:agree: Crazily ungrammatical.

Marco G
14-12-2016, 03:48 PM
That's what I thought but could easily be wrong!
Not certain, but I thought if cross border and loan was agreed for full season, which I think Shinnie was, then he cant go back to Birmingham without Hibs agreement. Anyway think the new manager will have a few things higher up his list to deal with!

brog
14-12-2016, 05:10 PM
Not certain, but I thought if cross border and loan was agreed for full season, which I think Shinnie was, then he cant go back to Birmingham without Hibs agreement. Anyway think the new manager will have a few things higher up his list to deal with!

Not really, first thing any new manager does is assess his squad. He can't really assess AS if he's at ER. However if it is Zola I would imagine he's been given some spending guarantees so could end up being good for us.

Haymaker
14-12-2016, 06:18 PM
Zola is apparently getting the job. Utter failure of a manager. Bewildering.

Appointed. 7 hours after sacking the manager.

He's pish as well.

Marco G
14-12-2016, 07:03 PM
Not really, first thing any new manager does is assess his squad. He can't really assess AS if he's at ER. However if it is Zola I would imagine he's been given some spending guarantees so could end up being good for us.
Really meaning that he will need to get up and running with what he has rather than worrying about who is out on loan. I like GFZ and agree that if he has money to spend there will be a few (Italians) coming in the door!

SteveHFC
14-12-2016, 07:26 PM
Sums up English football in a nutshell.

Was doing a decent job at Birmingham going by results.

bingo70
14-12-2016, 07:30 PM
Appointed. 7 hours after sacking the manager.

He's pish as well.

Apparently by pure coincidence he was in the club shop buying a tie when he got the call. 😜

Haymaker
14-12-2016, 07:34 PM
Apparently by pure coincidence he was in the club shop buying a tie when he got the call. 😜

Pure coincidence! :agree: