PDA

View Full Version : So no Mcginn Fyvie or Dylan for Morton Game

Ronniekirk
14-12-2016, 09:47 AM
This is a difficult away fixture With those players plus Keatings and first choice keeper out the Squad is now stretched thin
Am surprised we havent brougjt an emergency loan player in I know we are trying and the Transfer window isnt that far away but Morton and Falkirk away are games we have to win if United keep winning
We just have to hope no other player gets injured and hope Lennon finds a way to grind out results
We need to get behind the Team and back them at this difficult time
Thankfully Greenock isnt far to Travel for me so will make the short trip

H18 SFR
14-12-2016, 10:09 AM
This is a difficult away fixture With those players plus Keatings and first choice keeper out the Squad is now stretched thin
Am surprised we havent brougjt an emergency loan player in I know we are trying and the Transfer window isnt that far away but Morton and Falkirk away are games we have to win if United keep winning
We just have to hope no other player gets injured and hope Lennon finds a way to grind out results
We need to get behind the Team and back them at this difficult time
Thankfully Greenock isnt far to Travel for me so will make the short trip

I genuinely believe that the fans can literally be the 12th man on Saturday, time to make our support count. If the fans go there with a big game mentality and support the players every kick of the ball they will bring the 3 points home.

Keith_M
14-12-2016, 10:20 AM
In the past couple of away games, the support has been amazing and really got behind the team.

You can't make quite the same noise in an uncovered part of the ground (Wee Dublin End) but I'm sure they'll do their best.

As as aside, the first time I was at Cappielow was in 1983, along with 1,500 other hardy souls, and they had plans to cover that end of the stadium even then.

emerald green
14-12-2016, 10:21 AM
I've said it before (sorry!) but injuries on this scale can wreck a club's season. Hibs are really struggling if they get any further injuries, and we've not even seen any winter pitches yet.

Claims that everything will be fixed in the January transfer window might be wishful thinking. New players need time (usually) to gel with their new team mates and settle in at a new club.

It's time to give some of the young lads a chance to see what they can do. Lennon might be forced to, whether he likes it or not.

If Hibs bring in a fully match fit creative midfield player, plus a couple of fast wingers who can beat a man and cross a ball that would be good. Can't see it though. Seems too good to be true. But you never know with Hibs.

Greenworld
14-12-2016, 10:40 AM
For this match only I think we might get away with it.
A good fighting hard working midfield should still be good enough to get through this game.
Won't be nice but we now have forwards to play the long ball too.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

KingFranck
14-12-2016, 05:47 PM
Bartley and Scott Martin in the middle

Gmack7
14-12-2016, 08:51 PM
Is Dylan confirmed as injured

Ronniekirk
14-12-2016, 09:09 PM
Is Dylan confirmed as injured

Yes rolled his ankle which has dwelled up so defo misses Morton game

Forza Fred
14-12-2016, 09:27 PM
For this match only I think we might get away with it.
A good fighting hard working midfield should still be good enough to get through this game.
Won't be nice but we now have forwards to play the long ball too.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Morton have their own injury worries, with two of their most influential players likely to be out for our clash with them.

Yes, we have injuries, as do most teams, but we tend naturally to focus on ours.

CupidStunt1875
14-12-2016, 09:35 PM
Morton have their own injury worries, with two of their most influential players likely to be out for our clash with them.

Yes, we have injuries, as do most teams, but we tend naturally to focus on ours.

We're not just talking about any old injuries though, arguably our 3 best midfielders and our number 1 goalkeeper are out for lengthy periods, not to mention us losing Keatings just as he was coming on to a game.

I get what you're saying but we do seem to be having some horrendous luck with injuries.

fishybeaver
14-12-2016, 10:34 PM
Dylan
Harris
Keatings
Fyvie
Marceano
McGinn

Is that all who are currently injured?

Sir David Gray
14-12-2016, 10:55 PM
Dylan
Harris
Keatings
Fyvie
Marceano
McGinn

Is that all who are currently injured?

Plus Handling.

jacomo
14-12-2016, 11:10 PM
It's time to give some of the young lads a chance to see what they can do. Lennon might be forced to, whether he likes it or not.

:agree:

Hi Heid Yin
15-12-2016, 12:38 AM
I feel that we have reached a crisis point in our season. Our 3 key midfielders are out simultaneously, along with our number one keeper.
The pressure on Lennon and our club to keep pace with Dundee United is immense. The Morton game will be a severe test of our stretched squad.
The emphasis is on us keeping within touching distance of Dundee United. We desperately need to get fresh faces in, if not before, then certainly in the transfer window if we are to maintain a realistic title challenge. We also have to bear in mind that The Arabs will be strengthening too.
Our head-to-heads with them are also shaping up to be critical. So far, we have picked up 1 point to their 4 in our two meetings - despite having enjoyed the lions share in both games. The result of the next meeting of our clubs could be pivotal in the season. We do not under any circumstances want to be "chasing them".

northstandhibby
15-12-2016, 06:58 AM
I feel that we have reached a crisis point in our season. Our 3 key midfielders are out simultaneously, along with our number one keeper.
The pressure on Lennon and our club to keep pace with Dundee United is immense. The Morton game will be a severe test of our stretched squad.
The emphasis is on us keeping within touching distance of Dundee United. We desperately need to get fresh faces in, if not before, then certainly in the transfer window if we are to maintain a realistic title challenge. We also have to bear in mind that The Arabs will be strengthening too.
Our head-to-heads with them are also shaping up to be critical. So far, we have picked up 1 point to their 4 in our two meetings - despite having enjoyed the lions share in both games. The result of the next meeting of our clubs could be pivotal in the season. We do not under any circumstances want to be "chasing them".

Spot on. The next four games for us could be a pivotal point in the season. We play Morton-Raith-Falkirk-Dundee utd in succession in the next 3-4 weeks. Dundee utd play Raith-St mirren-Dumbarton-Us in the same period.

We must look to take full points from every game and that has been made much more difficult with the loss to injury to key players. Do we have the strength in depth to cope?

This run of games could be a turning point for us. With the key players available I would be very confident of taking full points however its now time for the squad to work harder than ever to ensure we come through these key games. Cannot let Dundee utd as you say get ahead and it ends up we're chasing them.

GGTTH

Tyler Durden
15-12-2016, 07:08 AM
With Bartley, Shinnie and Martin available we should be more than confident of beating Morton and Raith

Bishop Hibee
15-12-2016, 07:12 AM
Plus Handling.

When is he due back? Totally bizarre Stubbs gave him a 4 year contract.

If Martin can play on the right or left of midfield we should switch to 4-4-2 with Shinnie and Bartley centre and Boyle wide.

calumhibee1
15-12-2016, 07:13 AM
I'd change to 4-4-2 and go with Bartley and Shinnie.

BoomtownHibees
15-12-2016, 07:15 AM

Who would you play either side? I assume Boyle on one but who on the other?

MB62
15-12-2016, 08:03 AM
Dylan didn't get a start against Dumbarton so we only need another player for the bench. If I was one of the young guys now, I would be kicking the managers door down asking for a place AT LEAST on the bench.

Heisenberg
15-12-2016, 08:06 AM
Dylan didn't get a start against Dumbarton so we only need another player for the bench. If I was one of the young guys now, I would be kicking the managers door down asking for a place AT LEAST on the bench.

These young guys have no leg to stand on though in that scenario. They can't point towards good performances at the level required. Or experience. If they are good enough and Lennon feels he can trust them they'll get a spot on the pitch/bench.

MB62
15-12-2016, 09:35 AM
These young guys have no leg to stand on though in that scenario. They can't point towards good performances at the level required. Or experience. If they are good enough and Lennon feels he can trust them they'll get a spot on the pitch/bench.

So how do you prove it if you are never given the chance. We are down to the bare bones in midfield and one or two of the young lads seem to be doing ok at the level they are playing at.
If not now then when?

GreenNWhiteArmy
15-12-2016, 09:50 AM

:agree: that's been my thinking all week

Crane and Boyle on either flank and drop Fonts out from the back line. Cummings and Graham up top

Heisenberg
15-12-2016, 10:15 AM
So how do you prove it if you are never given the chance. We are down to the bare bones in midfield and one or two of the young lads seem to be doing ok at the level they are playing at.
If not now then when?

I'm guessing they have to sufficiently prove to Lennon in training/20s games that they are worth a shot. The reason Crane never got a shout when Stevenson was suspended was because Lennon didn't feel he'd done enough in training. All I'm saying is I don't think any of these young players can be battering the managers door down with demands to play when they want. It's up to Lennon.

FitbaFolkKen
15-12-2016, 10:29 AM
I don't think we'll get an emergency loan as there are still options.

Shinnie, Bartley and Martin is more than strong enough, at least should be. We could always stick Crane in at LB and put Stevenson in midfield, or use Boyle behind the strikers with Shinnie deeper with Bartley as we did at the weekend.

Andy74
15-12-2016, 10:40 AM
I'm guessing they have to sufficiently prove to Lennon in training/20s games that they are worth a shot. The reason Crane never got a shout when Stevenson was injured was because Lennon didn't feel he'd done enough in training. All I'm saying is I don't think any of these young players can be battering the managers door down with demands to play when they want. It's up to Lennon.

Like every player they will play when they are the best player currently available - I don't really get the cause some seem to take up on behalf of our young players. It is nice to see young players coming through when they are ready but the priority every week is getting the best team available out on the pitch. This season more than most.

scoopyboy
15-12-2016, 11:22 AM
I don't think we'll get an emergency loan as there are still options.

Shinnie, Bartley and Martin is more than strong enough, at least should be. We could always stick Crane in at LB and put Stevenson in midfield, or use Boyle behind the strikers with Shinnie deeper with Bartley as we did at the weekend.

You get an emergency loan if you want one basically, no criteria to be met.

fishybeaver
15-12-2016, 11:48 AM
Sam Stanton recall is also an option

staunchhibby
15-12-2016, 02:15 PM
I believe sam is coming back in january.Him and Lennon have spoken of this possibility

MB62
15-12-2016, 02:40 PM
Like every player they will play when they are the best player currently available - I don't really get the cause some seem to take up on behalf of our young players. It is nice to see young players coming through when they are ready but the priority every week is getting the best team available out on the pitch. This season more than most.

So what's the point in having a development team if none are good enough to fill in when we are at the stage of almost asking the tea lady if she boots?

JimBHibees
15-12-2016, 03:01 PM
If not now then when?

Basically because the manager is paid to make the decision whether he thinks they are better than other options there. Up to the players to change his mind in games bounce or under 20s and training.

mjhibby
15-12-2016, 03:46 PM
Basically because the manager is paid to make the decision whether he thinks they are better than other options there. Up to the players to change his mind in games bounce or under 20s and training.

I wonder if he will be tempted into playing a 4 4 2 with Hanlon in front of the back four. Maybe even bring foster in at RB and push gray into rmidfield. Should be interesting either way. I wouldn't say it's will pick up full points as they have been riding their luck. We need players in asap as we are so short on numbers. I wouldn't panic even if utd take a lead as I'm confident once we get our injured players back plus a few additions we will top this league come may.