PDA

View Full Version : Aaron Kovar

NikGunnarsson
13-12-2016, 06:15 PM
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-hand-trial-to-american-winger-aaron-kovar-1-4316820

Pacey winger that can play on both sides, sounds good to me.

Unseen work
13-12-2016, 06:22 PM
We are certainly exploring a lot of different leagues and options.

Heisenberg
13-12-2016, 06:36 PM
Good to see Lennon is trying to address our main problem area.

Gmack7
13-12-2016, 07:07 PM
Canny mind him playing for septic 😁

blaikie
13-12-2016, 07:43 PM
We are certainly exploring a lot of different leagues and options.

Can only be a good thing.

If it can uncover another Malonga or Zemmama then why not 😊

Baldy Foghorn
13-12-2016, 07:58 PM
Canny mind him playing for septic 😁

:confused:

Eyrie
13-12-2016, 08:00 PM
:confused:

I read it as a reference to Hibs being linked with any and everyone who played for Lennon at Celtc.

Hibernian Verse
13-12-2016, 08:05 PM
68 pace on Fifa are we sure he's fast?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Baldy Foghorn
13-12-2016, 08:07 PM
I read it as a reference to Hibs being linked with any and everyone who played for Lennon at Celtc.

Yip but AS had more ex Celtc players in on loan.....Just a petty dig at NL

lyonhibs
13-12-2016, 08:07 PM
YouTube link and Hibs class website or GTF

Big_Franck
13-12-2016, 08:28 PM
I can't find that much about him. I did find these though:

http://www.mlssoccer.com/players/aaron-kovar

http://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2015/03/25/seattle-sounders-impressed-aaron-kovar-youngsters-sample-concacaf-tempo-vs-tijuana

Gmack7
13-12-2016, 08:30 PM
Yip but AS had more ex Celtc players in on loan.....Just a petty dig at NL

It wasn't a petty dig at anyone, just a little harmless sarcasm which seemed pretty obvious to me, clearly not to others

Unseen work
13-12-2016, 08:45 PM
Reminds me of Scott Allan based on the clips

lyonhibs
13-12-2016, 08:50 PM
All left foot based on those clips. No bad thing mind.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
13-12-2016, 09:00 PM
68 pace on Fifa are we sure he's fast?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Martin Boyle had 71 pace last time he was on FIFA

NAE NOOKIE
13-12-2016, 09:48 PM
There's a guy on Facebook says he has a season ticket for Seattle Sounders and who thinks he is decent :greengrin

Edinburgh Green
13-12-2016, 10:14 PM
Looks like he's just signed a new contract with them according to this. So maybe a loan deal? http://www.soundersfc.com/post/2016/12/12/sounders-fc-exercises-options-eight-players

J-C
13-12-2016, 11:38 PM
FM17 has his contract ending 31/12/16, good crossing/corners and free kicks but average for pace, stats are decent, looks like a left sided Boyle.

Forza Fred
14-12-2016, 02:29 AM
He was on trial with Preston North End this time last year and also tried out with Sheffield Wednesday.

Sioux
14-12-2016, 11:53 AM
FM17 has his contract ending 31/12/16, good crossing/corners and free kicks but average for pace, stats are decent, looks like a left sided Boyle.

Thank F professionals don't pay any attention to FM17!

J-C
14-12-2016, 12:07 PM

Did I say they did, seeing as no one knows much about this guy the only thing we can check is Transfermarket, FM etc. All players within the game have been given stats by the researchers and generally they're pretty spot on, just trying to shed some light on the guy we have in on trial.

Billychaotic182
14-12-2016, 01:24 PM

That's not actually true. It's been documented that some clubs use FM to help scouts.

Paloschi
14-12-2016, 01:59 PM
Wouldn't it be good to go after players we know are good enough and have been scouted? Rather than on a trial basis to 'see' if they are good enough.

Brightside
14-12-2016, 02:00 PM
Wouldn't it be good to go after players we know are good enough and have been scouted? Rather than on a trial basis to 'see' if they are good enough.

No - i'd rather we get the chance to see them in a training session.

HoboHarry
14-12-2016, 02:02 PM
That doesn't tell you anything about their personality and how they will fit/gel with the current squad. There are huge benefits to getting players in to have a look at them......

MWHIBBIES
14-12-2016, 02:10 PM
Except we cant sign players who have clubs because the window isnt open...

Paloschi
14-12-2016, 02:27 PM
No - i'd rather we get the chance to see them in a training session.

Isn't it better watching them in a real game situation. You can't compare training to real games. Can't think of a large number of players who have been on trial that went on to be good at Hibs.

That doesn't tell you anything about their personality and how they will fit/gel with the current squad. There are huge benefits to getting players in to have a look at them......

Personality issues are always a gamble but when the player is trying to earn a contract they may not show their personality around the squad. There are also huge benefits in having an established and reliable scouting network.

Except we cant sign players who have clubs because the window isnt open...

True for the month of December. But the window is open soon and I'd like to think we have pre-determined targets to go after. Free agent or not I would like them to be scouted and their statistics looked at. Trials do have benefits but I'd rather we had players in mind rather than being told they are available by agents trying to win their client a deal.

Ozyhibby
14-12-2016, 02:33 PM

We can't afford to send scouts to watch MLS games or any other games outside the uk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

grammyb111
14-12-2016, 02:35 PM

In a lot of cases at our level the player's agent will have paid for him to fly over and while over here arranged trials with different clubs. I don't know about this guy but I would suggest his agent has approached Hibs rather than the other way round. Agent will have DVD's, CV etc and if someone within the club likes what they see on the face of it, then he'll be invited in for a trial. The upfront cost to Hibs in many cases will be nothing/minimal with the agent making his money when the player signs for someone.

HoboHarry
14-12-2016, 02:37 PM
We can't afford to send scouts to watch MLS games or any other games outside the uk.

They could get me to watch a Sporting KC game vs whomever for the price of a ticket.......:greengrin

Paloschi
14-12-2016, 02:45 PM

Has this been confirmed by the club? I would imagine scouting outside of the UK is possible for a club the size of Hibs. MLS may be difficult but with the use of technology, video analysis, statistics and live football streaming I can imagine plenty of players could be watched.

Maybe its a strategy thing - Maybe we are spending money on other areas that would be better spent on player recruitment and scouting?

ekhibee
14-12-2016, 05:06 PM
There's not much to see on youtube about him really, one or 2 goals (1 a penalty). Watched part of an interview he did, he seems like an intelligent enough guy, but there's so little to go on it's hard to gauge what kind of ability he has. Would be interesting to see how he got on in a trial game or 2. Somebody mentioned he had trials with Sheff Wed and Preston, any idea how he got on?

Barman Stanton
15-12-2016, 08:59 AM

We had Russell Latapy on trial initially. He didn't turn out to be too bad a player.

oneone73
15-12-2016, 09:20 AM
We had Russell Latapy on trial initially. He didn't turn out to be too bad a player.

Beuzelin too, I think?

andrew70
15-12-2016, 09:30 AM
Beuzelin too, I think?

Yeah I am sure one of his first games was against the Huns at ER in a reserve team fixture. Vaguely recall Mark Venus turning to the crowd and saying we better get him off before anyone else tries to sign him.

Boozy was head and shoulders above anyone else that day.

erin go bragh
15-12-2016, 10:06 AM

Did Mcleish not bring him off after 10 mins ( As he didn't want anyone else seeing how good he was )

Craig_HFC
15-12-2016, 01:40 PM
Beuzelin too, I think?

David Murphy was also on trial initially. He wasn't bad.

GreenLake
15-12-2016, 01:40 PM
Talking about MLS, there was a rumor Hearts were looking to sign Kavita from Real Salt Lake.

SRHibs
15-12-2016, 08:20 PM
Surprised he wants to leave Seattle. Looks a cracking atmosphere :^)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GG-jMjvnua8

Heisenberg
30-12-2016, 06:43 AM
Gary Parker has confirmed Kovar won't be signing and has gone back to Seattle. Not as good as we've got here already apparently.