PDA

View Full Version : Dylan McGeouch- an enigma.

superfurryhibby
13-12-2016, 12:59 PM
I just noticed on the thread about Scott Martin that some folk commented that Dylan is injured again? I wondered if there was any truth in this?

I have found it very odd that he has been making the bench without always starting. Given the qualities he brings to the side, it seems strange. Equally, if he is carrying a chronic injury then why can't it be treated?

He's aplayer I rate very highly and like many on here, I feel he is a tremendous asset to the side when fit. Sadly, that isn't as often as we would all like. Although stats show that he has played in around half of our league games these past two and a bit seasons, they don't tell the full story. How many has he finished or come on as a sub?

Unfortunately for Dylan and for Hibs, it's looking like he is a luxury we can't afford. I would guess he is on a decent wage and one of the top earners at the club. Not sure when his contract runs out but unless there is a significant change to his fitness, it won't be renewed.

JimBHibees
13-12-2016, 01:03 PM
I just noticed on the thread about Scott Martin that some folk commented that Dylan is injured again? I wondered if there was any truth in this?

I have found it very odd that he has been making the bench without always starting. Given the qualities he brings to the side, it seems strange. Equally, if he is carrying a chronic injury then why can't it be treated?

He's aplayer I rate very highly and like many on here, I feel he is a tremendous asset to the side when fit. Sadly, that isn't as often as we would all like. Although stats show that he has played in around half of our league games these past two and a bit seasons, they don't tell the full story. How many has he finished or come on as a sub?

Unfortunately for Dylan and for Hibs, it's looking like he is a luxury we can't afford. I would guess he is on a decent wage and one of the top earners at the club. Not sure when his contract runs out but unless there is a significant change to his fitness, it won't be renewed.

Title of the thread is harsh.

HibsNutter
13-12-2016, 01:14 PM
Put it this way, if he never had his injury problems he wouldn't be a Hibs player.

smithy_hibees
13-12-2016, 01:20 PM
Put it this way, if he never had his injury problems he wouldn't be a Hibs player.

Spot on.. He'd Be a Celtic regular if could play 90% of games

H18 SFR
13-12-2016, 01:28 PM
Spot on.. He'd Be a Celtic regular if could play 90% of games

Is he really that good? I can't imagine him being on the same park as Messi et al. in the champions league.

Diclonius
13-12-2016, 01:37 PM
Dylan is our best player by some degree when 100% fit. Unfortunately this rarely happens.

I'd give him until the end of his contract (which I believe is the end of next season). If we're only getting 10/15 games out of him a year, I'd let him go.

Thecat23
13-12-2016, 01:40 PM
Is he really that good? I can't imagine him being on the same park as Messi et al. in the champions league.

Van Zanten was on the same park as Messi few years ago so anything is possible!!

lucky
13-12-2016, 01:46 PM
Sorry but he's not our best player. He's played a handful of games when he's been outstanding. I want him to play and contribute but if he's never fit gesno use.

HoboHarry
13-12-2016, 01:47 PM
Where have these comments about him being injured again come from? Is there a link?

mjhibby
13-12-2016, 02:04 PM
Sorry but he's not our best player. He's played a handful of games when he's been outstanding. I want him to play and contribute but if he's never fit gesno use.

When he is fit and playing regularly he is our best player as he moves the ball much quicker and increases the tempo of our play. Always looking to go forward and is
very much underrated by hibs fans. Boy do we need him on his game now.

Craig_HFC
13-12-2016, 02:07 PM
He makes us tick when he plays. Great footballer.

Unfortunately he doesn't play enough. His appearance stats surprised me but he never really seems to have a proper run of games (i.e. consistently playing 90 minutes for more than 2 games in a row).

He's like a human tampon; in for 1 week & then out for 3.

hibeemikey21
13-12-2016, 02:09 PM

It was only a pre-season friendly, but YouTube mcgeouch's highlight reel v Real Madrid when he was at Celtic. Outstanding against elite players (before he got knocked spark out....)

.Sean.
13-12-2016, 02:10 PM
McGeough's quality, hence why we're all so frustrated when he's continually injured. Not player to lose at such an important point in the season.

TrinityHibs
13-12-2016, 02:14 PM
I thought we were a different team when he came on against Dumbarton. His movement and distribution were a different class to anybody else on the pitch.

Iceman1875
13-12-2016, 02:22 PM
What are his injury problems? He seems to constantly stretch on the pitch when the ball is out of play etc

IMO he is our best player, he controls the game and the tempo increases when he plays.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WeeRussell
13-12-2016, 02:22 PM
When he is fit and playing regularly he is our best player as he moves the ball much quicker and increases the tempo of our play. Always looking to go forward and is
very much underrated by hibs fans. Boy do we need him on his game now.

Opinions. I agree that he's a very good player and would like to see him have a full run when fully fit in the team. However, my opinion is that he's generally OVER rated by hibs fans! Maybe I just hang about with different minded fans who put him in a bracket I believe to he incorrect.

A very good footballer and happy to have him at the club. Our best player? Hasn't ever been in my opinion.

Juice-Terry
13-12-2016, 02:43 PM
So is he injured again?

JimBHibees
13-12-2016, 02:43 PM
I thought we were a different team when he came on against Dumbarton. His movement and distribution were a different class to anybody else on the pitch.

Night and day when he came on.

Bishop Hibee
13-12-2016, 03:05 PM
He was anonymous against Dundee Utd. I honestly can't believe people think he's better than McGinn. He's a good player but until he plays 15 games in a row from the start it's impossible to judge if he's the best at the club or not.

Bostonhibby
13-12-2016, 03:05 PM
Title of the thread is harsh.
Gifted footballer but agree the thread is a bit of an enema.

A gamble we knew about and may still be worth taking depending on the managers view. We've had much much worse who have contributed less.

[emoji106] this.

Sent from my HTC One mini 2 using Tapatalk

jeffers
13-12-2016, 03:19 PM
Clearly in the minority here but I don't get the McGeouch hype. He's a neat, tidy footballer but no more in my opinion. I must watch a different game from others if he is our best player. I've never seen him stand out in a game in the same way as say John McGinn, or Scott Allan did when we beat the Huns 4-0.

Admittedly I think he's better than he's shown but this season he has been very poor (when not injured) Dundee Utd recently and QOS earlier in the season - if Fyvie for example had put in performances like that he would have been slaughtered in my opinion, but McGeouch seems to get a pass without much criticism.

I made a point of watching him again when he came on against Dumbarton, in my opinion most of his passes were sideway/backwards but others saw him as lifting the game/tempo when he came on.

I suppose it is all about opinions.

Swedish hibee
13-12-2016, 03:28 PM
Is he injured again?
How many games has he actually started & lasted the whole game? Some nice geek out there must know..

superfurryhibby
13-12-2016, 03:34 PM
Comments about if he wasn't injured regularly etc he wouldn't be at Hibs puzzle me. Are they suggesting that we signed hom knowing he had a chronic injury issue? If so I would be astonished.

I assumed McGeouch's contract was up this summer, it seems from some posts that's not the case.

It seems odd that he is on the bench and Bartley starts before him. I can see some logic in this v Dundee Utd, given that he probably lacks a bit match sharpness, but v Dumbarton????? If he is fit then he should have played?

Some have suggested on here that there might be psychological factors at work with McGeouch, that is partly why I referred to him as an enigma. Like most, I rate him highly, but I am concerned that he is out of the picture so often. If he has a severe and enduring physical issue then that's tough for him and for Hibs. It would be enlightening to know what is going on with him.

J-C
13-12-2016, 03:56 PM
Comments about if he wasn't injured regularly etc he wouldn't be at Hibs puzzle me. Are they suggesting that we signed hom knowing he had a chronic injury issue? If so I would be astonished.

I assumed McGeouch's contract was up this summer, it seems from some posts that's not the case.

It seems odd that he is on the bench and Bartley starts before him. I can see some logic in this v Dundee Utd, given that he probably lacks a bit match sharpness, but v Dumbarton????? If he is fit then he should have played?

Some have suggested on here that there might be psychological factors at work with McGeouch, that is partly why I referred to him as an enigma. Like most, I rate him highly, but I am concerned that he is out of the picture so often. If he has a severe and enduring physical issue then that's tough for him and for Hibs. It would be enlightening to know what is going on with him.

The fact he has injury problems were a factor in us signing him from Celtic, if he didn't have these problems he would've started far more games for Celtic and maybe even still be there.

Dashing Bob S
13-12-2016, 04:28 PM
It's very sad, because he's an incredibly gifted player, but his body is letting him down to the extent it's now becoming hard to see him having any long-term future in the game.

These should be his very best years. As it is, the injury problems that are plaguing him are probably only likely to get worse with age.

This is only speculation, but it's based on previous form. The club and the player will know better, and I hope I'm wrong.

Big_Franck
13-12-2016, 04:33 PM
...so no-one knows if he's injured yet again then?

HoboHarry
13-12-2016, 04:40 PM
...so no-one knows if he's injured yet again then?

Seems to me we have two current threads based on nonsense. No-one can (or will) say where this info came from so as usual we have people with too much time on their hands :rolleyes:

DH1875
13-12-2016, 04:42 PM
I rate Dylan pretty highly but he was pants against Utd. No idea if he is injured or not.

Billychaotic182
13-12-2016, 04:43 PM
Once again a nice positive thread on hibs.net. Feels like some fans ain't happy unless they are moaning about something.

He won the Scottish cup with us ffs and is one if not our best midfielder. Get a grip. It hasn't even been confirmed he is injured and people want rid of him. Idiots!!

Viva_Palmeiras
13-12-2016, 04:54 PM

What we need is multiple threads obsessing on key players periodically especially around injury. We appear to have had more than our fair share of late but hey ho part and parcel of the game move on.

emerald green
13-12-2016, 05:26 PM
Seems to me we have two current threads based on nonsense. No-one can (or will) say where this info came from so as usual we have people with too much time on their hands :rolleyes:

:agree: Is Dylan McGeouch injured, or is he not? I've seen nothing from Hibs to confirm that he is actually "injured" and cannot play.

He is injury prone it seems, and he may be getting used sparingly in case of a recurrence of his injury problem?

superfurryhibby
13-12-2016, 05:26 PM
Once again a nice positive thread on hibs.net. Feels like some fans ain't happy unless they are moaning about something.

He won the Scottish cup with us ffs and is one if not our best midfielder. Get a grip. It hasn't even been confirmed he is injured and people want rid of him. Idiots!!

What's wrong with discussing the form and wider issues of a player that is widely seen as being fairly central to our footballing aspirations?

I think it's a thread that is neither negative or positive, it poses a couple of questions and that is surely what a football forum is all about? Fair enough, there are those on here who do seem to relish negativity and to be fair there has been a fair amount to be concerned at, but I'm not one of them. Eqaally, there are those who find discussion difficult and prefer stifle debate by, irony being clearly lost on them, being negative.

I want to know peoples views on why Lennon isn't always selecting him. I would also like some insight into McGeouch's injury issues and mentality. Could be that Lennon just doesn't rate him enough? There is evidence that our manager appears rather cautious in his team selections and tactics, maybe that is the reason why Dylan sat on the bench for so long whilst we huffed and puffed against a team of part timers.

Surely these are points worth discussing?

hibbydog
13-12-2016, 05:49 PM
Dylan mcgeough.

The tampon - in for one week, out for three

HoboHarry
13-12-2016, 05:58 PM
What's wrong with discussing the form and wider issues of a player that is widely seen as being fairly central to our footballing aspirations?

I think it's a thread that is neither negative or positive, it poses a couple of questions and that is surely what a football forum is all about? Fair enough, there are those on here who do seem to relish negativity and to be fair there has been a fair amount to be concerned at, but I'm not one of them. Eqaally, there are those who find discussion difficult and prefer stifle debate by, irony being clearly lost on them, being negative.

I want to know peoples views on why Lennon isn't always selecting him. I would also like some insight into McGeouch's injury issues and mentality. Could be that Lennon just doesn't rate him enough? There is evidence that our manager appears rather cautious in his team selections and tactics, maybe that is the reason why Dylan sat on the bench for so long whilst we huffed and puffed against a team of part timers.

This entire thread is pointless unless someone can confirm he is injured and despite asking, no-one can provide one.

ancient hibee
13-12-2016, 05:59 PM

Lennon will be like all managers and hate players who are injured.Irrational I know but Shankly wouldn't even nod to injured Liverpool players and look how willing they are to encourage players to take injections that'll do nothing for them in later life.McGeouch unfortunately has a pelvic problem that can cause strains in surrounding muscles currently a hamstring.He has to be managed carefully.A pity because he is important to us at the moment.

madhatter
13-12-2016, 06:01 PM
Feel sorry for him but if he is injured again his career might be over. He is giving big Farid run for his money for long term absences.

People seem to rate McGeouch higher than Fyvie which I think is a mistake. Fyvie clearly gets us going and does his bit defensively and has played many more games for us. That isn't to say I don't rate Dylan but he has honestly played so few games for us that I find it hard to judge his overall game. At his peak he would probably compete with Fyvie and McGinn but can he even reach his peak? Match fitness is never going to be achieved if he is injured every other Saturday.

Unseen work
13-12-2016, 06:10 PM
Getting a bit bored of him always being out injured.

He will be on a good wage

Sammy7nil
13-12-2016, 06:16 PM

I agree but he might aswell be a Motherwell player for all he currently gives to the Hibs cause. I know ii is harsh as i think a fit Dylan is our best player but if you could anyone to take him i would bite thier hand off.

ekhibee
13-12-2016, 07:33 PM
Clearly in the minority here but I don't get the McGeouch hype. He's a neat, tidy footballer but no more in my opinion. I must watch a different game from others if he is our best player. I've never seen him stand out in a game in the same way as say John McGinn, or Scott Allan did when we beat the Huns 4-0.

Admittedly I think he's better than he's shown but this season he has been very poor (when not injured) Dundee Utd recently and QOS earlier in the season - if Fyvie for example had put in performances like that he would have been slaughtered in my opinion, but McGeouch seems to get a pass without much criticism.

I made a point of watching him again when he came on against Dumbarton, in my opinion most of his passes were sideway/backwards but others saw him as lifting the game/tempo when he came on.

Well you might be in a minority on here Jeffers, but I for one agree with most of what you say. You have to remember that a lot of the stuff on this forum seems to over-compliment or over-criticize players. I've seen McGeouch have the odd game when he's been very, very good, but those games have been few and far between and this season he's been honking. I wondered if anybody else saw him warming up at half time in the Dumbarton game? I'm sure he was feeling his knee/ankle, one part of his leg anyway. I think he's a good player, but I don't think he's better or as good as, for example, McGinn. That's just my opinion though.

Unseen work
13-12-2016, 07:38 PM
I like Mcginn and think he is a very good player.

But he is literally injured all the time.

He adds great energy and quality when he is match fit.

However he is rarely fit never mind match fit.

I expect he is one of the highest paid at the club, we need to sort out these injuries or get rid.

ekhibee
13-12-2016, 07:42 PM

I expect he is one of the highest paid at the club, we need to sort out these injuries or get rid.
Ooops, do you mean McGinn or McGeough?

Unseen work
13-12-2016, 08:01 PM
Ooops, do you mean McGinn or McGeough?

Ugh, it's been a long day hahah

Meant mcgeouch

1875STEVE
13-12-2016, 08:45 PM
Would an "enigma" have done this?

The boy is quality, and on his game, IMO, he is as good as McGinn.

If we are getting half seasons out him, id still keep him.....

bongo'd
13-12-2016, 09:19 PM
Would an "enigma" have done this?

The boy is quality, and on his game, IMO, he is as good as McGinn.

If we are getting half seasons out him, id still keep him.....

Can we afford that luxury though?? IMO, we cannot. I do like McGeouch as a player but if he can't sort the obvious injury problems he has then I'd be very surprised if he is making a living out of the game in 3 years time.

Do any of us know how/if/why these problems haven't been addressed by Hibs and why we haven't given him an operation then recouperation period ala McGinn or is it as a previous post speculated psychological??

ancient hibee
13-12-2016, 09:25 PM
Can we afford that luxury though?? IMO, we cannot. I do like McGeouch as a player but if he can't sort the obvious injury problems he has then I'd be very surprised if he is making a living out of the game in 3 years time.

Do any of us know how/if/why these problems haven't been addressed by Hibs and why we haven't given him an operation then recouperation period ala McGinn or is it as a previous post speculated psychological??
I've been told that the trouble can only be managed not sorted.

familyman
13-12-2016, 09:27 PM
What we need is multiple threads obsessing on key players periodically especially around injury. We appear to have had more than our fair share of late but hey ho part and parcel of the game move on.
I see Dylan is playing with a bit of caution, while he gives 100% he is nursing something and shows a degree of caution which I can understand,sadly though players who do that sometimes come unstuck and injured by not going into tackles with full resolve..so hard to judge him yet as he is not I think 100% but still one of our best players..shows though we are still light in some areas.

Nicho87
13-12-2016, 09:40 PM
For me there is no smoke without fire. Worrying interview he gave ealier in the season to the EEN when he said that he still has the problem hence why he has to do all the stretches etc even during the game. Real shame as he technically is fantastic, do i expect to see him in 15 games for hibs for 60 mins minimum per match, cant see it at all.

Centre Hawf
13-12-2016, 09:54 PM
Why are some people so scared of the debate? He's clearly got a horrible injury record which is a shame. I do think the boys a real talent but there is only so long he can sit on the treatment table taking a wage while we struggle to get out this division.

ancient hibee
13-12-2016, 09:57 PM
Why are some people so scared of the debate? He's clearly got a horrible injury record which is a shame. I do think the boys a real talent but there is only so long he can sit on the treatment table taking a wage while we struggle to get out this division.

Well clearly he can do that until the end of his contract and rightly so.

Centre Hawf
13-12-2016, 10:00 PM
Well clearly he can do that until the end of his contract and rightly so.

Absolutely he is right to do so. I wouldn't suggest for a second we stop paying an injured player. But when that contracts up or if someone wants to take him off our hands then I wouldn't be against letting him go if hes not proven himself to be able to be fit.

ancient hibee
13-12-2016, 10:08 PM
Absolutely he is right to do so. I wouldn't suggest for a second we stop paying an injured player. But when that contracts up or if someone wants to take him off our hands then I wouldn't be against letting him go if hes not proven himself to be able to be fit.
I suspect we will have to let him go as the club will be unable to get injury insurance cover for a new contract.

Hibeewilly
13-12-2016, 10:19 PM
I suspect we will have to let him go as the club will be unable to get injury insurance cover for a new contract.
Various posters on this thread have asked the question "is he injured" and not one person has given a direct answer. I think its rubbish and he'll play on Saturday. FWIW IMHO he is our best midfielder by a country mile. Only my opinion of course on both counts!

Centre Hawf
13-12-2016, 10:55 PM
Various posters on this thread have asked the question "is he injured" and not one person has given a direct answer. I think its rubbish and he'll play on Saturday. FWIW IMHO he is our best midfielder by a country mile. Only my opinion of course on both counts!

Fingers crossed hes not. But if he is then questions have to be asked.

1875STEVE
13-12-2016, 11:00 PM

Ive had a good look.

Nowt in the news, and can't see anything on twitter etc...

JohnM1875
13-12-2016, 11:16 PM
I'm sick of him being injured as much as anyone. But, when fully fit, he is without a doubt our best player.

He does everything well. Closes down, breaks up play, always looks to go forward and he's one of only a few of our players who's weight of pass is perfect.

What I notice most when he's fit is his passes are always in front of someone into space. What I think slows our play down more than anything is when folk play passes behind players. Really frustrates me.

I honestly hope we can solve his injury woes once and for all.

GreenCastle
14-12-2016, 08:03 AM

11 Celtic players will on the same park as Messi and do and not one of them would ever get picked to play for this Barca team.

Dylan is a quality player and is another one who if usually plays we win or play well.

He has nothing to prove - he's just been so unlucky with injuries but has played several development games to stay fit (but I don't understand how playing on the Oriam 3G ..which is a hard surface and manh players often slip - was good for his rehab).

green with envy
14-12-2016, 09:06 AM
Now confirmed...

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-injury-crisis-deepens-as-dylan-mcgeouch-picks-up-knock-1-4317141

superfurryhibby
14-12-2016, 10:17 AM
Didn't know that there was a parallel thread onthe Private Members board when I started this thread. By all accounts this a different one from the chronic pelvic injury which impacts on his groin/ hamstring etc ( I didn't know the full extent of that issue either).

These are factors which explain why Dylan might be on the bench or why he often fails to finish games he starts. Bloody pity for Hibs and for the laddie himself, he is a very decent player, but looks like the chronic issue isn't one which is treatable with surgery.

I had oestitis pubis ( swollen pubic bone) and it finished my playing at a standard which required a decent level of training, I was only about 30. Still managed it well enough to be able to play on, but it forced me to drop back into centre half (less running). I managed to keep playing , intermittently, at a decent amateur level until my early 40's. Remember well my own stretching routines and the way this injury restricted me. It's a *******.

Since90+2
14-12-2016, 10:42 AM
To have McGinn , McGeough and Fyvie arguably our 3 best players injured at the same time is sickening.

GordonHFC
14-12-2016, 11:45 AM
Dylan was spotted in Nandos at the omni on Monday night. His foot is in a 'moon boot' and he was on crutches. Might be precautionary but I would think he is likely to miss more than just Saturday.

Hi Heid Yin
14-12-2016, 11:45 AM
Now that it has been confirmed that Dylan is injured (yet again!) I have gotten to the point where I feel that he has become a liability and someone we have to move on at the first opportunity.
A great player when fit and on form, but he has become another Farid - taking a much needed wage whilst we all wait and wait and wait for him to make that rare appearance before breaking down again. His body appears to be fragile and not up to taking the bashes and demands of regular football. It's a shame but we really have to shake off this reputation we have gained this past few years of Easter Road being a hospital/rehab wing for players.
His contract expires when?

1875STEVE
14-12-2016, 11:58 AM
Now that it has been confirmed that Dylan is injured (yet again!) I have gotten to the point where I feel that he has become a liability and someone we have to move on at the first opportunity.
A great player when fit and on form, but he has become another Farid - taking a much needed wage whilst we all wait and wait and wait for him to make that rare appearance before breaking down again. His body appears to be fragile and not up to taking the bashes and demands of regular football. It's a shame but we really have to shake off this reputation we have gained this past few years of Easter Road being a hospital/rehab wing for players.

Getting rid for missing one game for rolling his ankle seems a bit harsh.

I think he still has another year and a half.

Onion
14-12-2016, 12:01 PM

Shame but agree. He'll always be a Hampden Hero but we cannot afford to wait around for the odd cameo appearance.

Borderhibbie76
14-12-2016, 12:06 PM
We seem.to always be carrying and nursing him through one injury to another. Great player on his day but best released at the earliest opportunity now as he is a luxury we can Ill afford at present I'm. Afraid

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

J-C
14-12-2016, 12:11 PM

This is just another in a whole host of niggly injuries which have hampered his time at Hibs, he'll be on a decent wage and that wage could be used to bring in someone else.

Lee Marvin
14-12-2016, 12:29 PM
I love dylan but he really is fast becoming a waste of a decent wage.

Thecat23
14-12-2016, 12:30 PM
Getting bored reading about the amount of times he's out. Cut him loose in Jan! Playing the odd game now and then just isn't good enough and I'm a huge fan of Dylan.

J-C
14-12-2016, 12:32 PM
Getting bored of the amount of times he's out. Cut him loose in Jan! Playing the odd game now and then just isn't good enough and I'm a huge fan of Dylan.

He still has 18 months left on his contract, cutting him loose isn't going to be easy, especially if he's one of the higher earners and who is going to buy an injury prone player?

HoboHarry
14-12-2016, 12:45 PM
Getting bored reading about the amount of times he's out. Cut him loose in Jan! Playing the odd game now and then just isn't good enough and I'm a huge fan of Dylan.
Maybe you could explain how we would do that from a contract point of view?

Sir David Gray
14-12-2016, 12:47 PM
I'm a huge fan of his and I'm someone who subscribes to the belief that he is our best player when on top form.

However I feel the time has come for him to be released, if we can afford to do so. We cannot afford players who are almost permanently injured, no matter how good they are. If we are able to offload him in January then I would do so.

God knows who's going to play in midfield on Saturday.

Green Badger
14-12-2016, 12:54 PM
I would agree with many who say we can't afford to keep someone who is so frequently injured. However, as he has 18+ months on his contract it isn't going to be easy to get rid of him.

The only certainty is that we cannot rely on him to be fit and available and Lennon therefore has to plan accordingly. You never know, if we're lucky he might get fit and play to the end of the season......or not. Shame as I really like him as a player.

superfurryhibby
14-12-2016, 01:03 PM
He still has 18 months left on his contract, cutting him loose isn't going to be easy, especially if he's one of the higher earners and who is going to buy an injury prone player?

Eh, according to some on this thread we did and the injury issues are the only reason why he 's at Hibs in the first place.

Navids Numpties
14-12-2016, 01:08 PM
I would continue paying Dylan even when injured because when he plays he is IMO the best midfielder in the league, he is a cracking player and I'm surprised Celtic let him go for ziltch

scotiaf
14-12-2016, 01:13 PM
He's a great player for hibs on his game, he's is not on the level of Farid injury problems at hibs. To cut him
Lose would be a terrible decision. Yes it's frustrating but if he can play another 15 games this season and be detrimental to
3 points each game. He would contribute more
Than others

J-C
14-12-2016, 02:06 PM
Eh, according to some on this thread we did and the injury issues are the only reason why he 's at Hibs in the first place.

There's injury prone and chronic injury prone, yes we got him cheap due to his injury proneness but it does seem to be getting worse rather than stabilising. Getting rid isn't going to be easy with 18 months left.

Geo_1875
14-12-2016, 02:36 PM

How do you expect him to be fit when he is "literally injured all the time"?

I assume someone told you how good he is when match fit as you'll never have seen him in that condition as he is "literally injured all the time".

Why do you expect he is one of the highest paid at the club? Is it because he is "literally injured all the time"?

hibsboy69
14-12-2016, 08:04 PM
Anyone got any stats on how many games he's played vs missed for us ?

I don't think it would make very pleasant reading ! :rolleyes:

The_Exile
14-12-2016, 08:58 PM
McPake situation. Great player on his day but I see more of the mother in law than I do of him in a Hibs top unfortunately.

Thecat23
15-12-2016, 12:09 AM

If Hibs can afford it I'd take the hit and see if they can come to an agreement. If not no harm done and we just have to hope he gets fit.

Thecat23
15-12-2016, 12:11 AM
Maybe you could explain how we would do that from a contract point of view?

Arrange a pay off if possible. Happens a lot in football where players agree to be freed! Dylan might however want to sit tight and that's fair enough but I would at least try move him on.

HoboHarry
15-12-2016, 02:32 AM
Arrange a pay off if possible. Happens a lot in football where players agree to be freed! Dylan might however want to sit tight and that's fair enough but I would at least try move him on.
That's a very different scenario from "cutting him loose".........

jacomo
15-12-2016, 06:49 AM

Can't believe this chat to get rid of DM. A fine footballer - we should give him every opportunity to get fit and back in the side.

BoomtownHibees
15-12-2016, 06:59 AM

One game?? If only!!

Hibeewilly
15-12-2016, 07:06 AM
Can't believe this chat to get rid of DM. A fine footballer - we should give him every opportunity to get fit and back in the side.
Neither can I. We are a completely different team when he plays.

Tyler Durden
15-12-2016, 07:06 AM

So in this scenario we pay him 6 months wages to let him go now?

No thanks. I'd rather pay his wages, get him fit and enjoy watching one of the most talented midfielders in Scotland. He could play another 20 games this season for all we know.

Sure it's frustrating at the moment, but people talking about paying him off is crazy and is not going to happen

ivan03
15-12-2016, 12:34 PM
I've heard he is going to Aberdeen in January with Pawlett coming the other way

HoboHarry
15-12-2016, 12:38 PM
I've heard he is going to Aberdeen in January with Pawlett coming the other way
Derek McInnes tell you that when you met him in the bookies aye?

Lago
15-12-2016, 01:23 PM
McPake situation. Great player on his day but I see more of the mother in law than I do of him in a Hibs top unfortunately.

Your mother in law wears a his top, good for her

Unseen work
15-12-2016, 02:14 PM
How do you expect him to be fit when he is "literally injured all the time"?

I assume someone told you how good he is when match fit as you'll never have seen him in that condition as he is "literally injured all the time".

Why do you expect he is one of the highest paid at the club? Is it because he is "literally injured all the time"?

Jeezo. You're a sensitive guy you.

Johnny_Leith
15-12-2016, 11:27 PM
I know I've had a few tonight but, have I actually read suggestions to pay off and release Dylan McGeouch??

jacomo
15-12-2016, 11:35 PM
I know I've had a few tonight but, have I actually read suggestions to pay off and release Dylan McGeouch??

It's been a mad week.

pacorosssco
15-12-2016, 11:37 PM

Could be best to fully rest, we rush back and may be part of problem. Looks like Lennon has tried to ease back in early season. Wont walk if got 18 months and real fear could be over. Worth give good rest even though need back team with target have games in from Feb or settle up end season.

Dashing Bob S
16-12-2016, 03:21 AM
Maybe needs to rest for two or three seasons writing poetry or painting landscapes before returning to the physically demanding game of association football.

H113EE5
16-12-2016, 08:56 AM

Totally agree with this post :agree::agree::agree::agree:

jacomo
16-12-2016, 03:20 PM

They are only injury prone at Hibs.

He'd play 40 games a season at St J or Dundee.

ancient hibee
16-12-2016, 03:34 PM
He's not really injury prone,he's injured permanently.

Brooster
16-12-2016, 03:47 PM
Dylan is a great player, excellent touch and always looking to get on the ball and drive on. Dont rule him out for tomoro.

superfurryhibby
16-12-2016, 05:25 PM
Dylan is a great player, excellent touch and always looking to get on the ball and drive on. Dont rule him out for tomoro.

More chance of Jh. mcGinn playing tomorrow. Incidently, saw McGinn at ER today. Up and doon the stairs in the West and looking pretty sprightly.