PDA

View Full Version : Patrick v Hibs Development Match (Tues) 2pm

Billy Whizz
13-12-2016, 12:33 PM
Young Hibs team with Crane and Martin both starting
Game at Airdrie's Excelsior Stadium

P.Martin; Porteous, Waugh, Crane; Donaldson, S.Martin, I.Murray, Mackie; Gullan; Shaw, Allan

Looks like it will be 352 again

ancient hibee
13-12-2016, 12:42 PM
Bit unfair for Patrick to have to play them on his own:greengrin

Billy Whizz
13-12-2016, 01:30 PM
1-0 -Hibs, Lewis Allan manages to knock the ball on, Ollie Shaw challenges the goalie and knocks it in

Hibs dominating so far

Brightside
13-12-2016, 01:31 PM
Shaw scores 1-0 hibs.

Billy Whizz
13-12-2016, 01:39 PM
2-0 Hibs
Great ball in from Innes Shaw, and Shaw volleys home
Fantastic move and goal

Billy Whizz
13-12-2016, 02:28 PM
Still 2-0
Lewis Allan had one headed if he line, and he's just hit the post with a 25 yarder

Brightside
13-12-2016, 02:39 PM
3-0. Shaw with the Hat Trick.

JimBHibees
13-12-2016, 02:39 PM
Shaw hat trick seems to be a goal machine. Anywhere near first team level?

Billy Whizz
13-12-2016, 02:41 PM
Shaw hat trick seems to be a goal machine. Anywhere near first team level?

On loan at Stenhousemuir, loan up in January

Brightside
13-12-2016, 02:52 PM

I like him a lot as a player - but he would blow away in heavy wind tbh. He would certainly be in way before Insall etc.

7heaven
13-12-2016, 03:02 PM
I like him a lot as a player - but he would blow away in heavy wind tbh. He would certainly be in way before Insall etc.

I have watched quite a lot of the Development games.
IMHO Oli Shaw is the best of all of our young players.
I would try him instead of Holt or Graham.

bingo70
13-12-2016, 03:15 PM

How's he doing there? Scored many goals for them?

silverhibee
13-12-2016, 03:24 PM
Did Martin play the full 90 minutes Billy.

JimBHibees
13-12-2016, 03:27 PM

Pretty sure he did. Wasnt mentioned on hibs twitter as being replaced by any of the 3 subs brought on.

silverhibee
13-12-2016, 03:37 PM
Pretty sure he did. Wasnt mentioned on hibs twitter as being replaced by any of the 3 subs brought on.

:aok:

Billy Whizz
13-12-2016, 04:00 PM
How's he doing there? Scored many goals for them?

Not playing too much for them of recent or scoring. He was on the bench on Saturday for them

Billy Whizz
13-12-2016, 04:03 PM

Yes, had a good game. Calum Crane strolled through it. Excellent team pertormance. Ollie gets the plaudists due to his hat trick, but great to see Lewis Allan back to the sort of player he was a few years ago before his injury problems

Well done the young lads, as Partick were joint top with Hibs before today's game

loveofthegame
13-12-2016, 04:13 PM
Not playing too much for them of recent or scoring. He was on the bench on Saturday for them

And for me that is probably a bigger sign of whether he is ready for the first team or not.

I've seen the u20s 6 or 7 times now this season and I always leave thinking the same thing.... Shaw did nothing today... except score! Now that isn't a bad thing, as they say it is the hardest thing to do in football and he took 2nd and 3rd brilliantly today, but in my opinion he is still a bit off the first team. Think he'd be bullied too easily. If he keeps up the scoring at the current level then can translate that into doing it on a loan spell then and only then do you think he might be ready for the first team.

Overall Hibs far superior all over the park today to what looked a very young Partick side (it was a young Hibs side too mind).

Porteous strolled it at centre half again today - for me he is the one in this current side most likely to break into the first team. He is an outstanding defender and already playing week in week out for Edinburgh City as far as I know - as a centre half at only 17 that is impressive at that level. Boy would tackle a brick wall.

Innes Murray showed glimpses (delivery for Shaws 2nd was as gd as you'll see) and Martins energy in midfield a big asset.

Gullan played in the hole today and showed plenty of ability- some gd runs and excellent touches. End product not quite there today though.

brog
13-12-2016, 04:50 PM
And for me that is probably a bigger sign of whether he is ready for the first team or not.

I've seen the u20s 6 or 7 times now this season and I always leave thinking the same thing.... Shaw did nothing today... except score! Now that isn't a bad thing, as they say it is the hardest thing to do in football and he took 2nd and 3rd brilliantly today, but in my opinion he is still a bit off the first team. Think he'd be bullied too easily. If he keeps up the scoring at the current level then can translate that into doing it on a loan spell then and only then do you think he might be ready for the first team.

Overall Hibs far superior all over the park today to what looked a very young Partick side (it was a young Hibs side too mind).

Porteous strolled it at centre half again today - for me he is the one in this current side most likely to break into the first team. He is an outstanding defender and already playing week in week out for Edinburgh City as far as I know - as a centre half at only 17 that is impressive at that level. Boy would tackle a brick wall.

Innes Murray showed glimpses (delivery for Shaws 2nd was as gd as you'll see) and Martins energy in midfield a big asset.

Gullan played in the hole today and showed plenty of ability- some gd runs and excellent touches. End product not quite there today though.

Great review, many thanks

Unseen work
13-12-2016, 06:07 PM
Getting concerned that Martin and Crane will stagnate a bit.

They seem to stroll every game and it doesn't seem like a massive challenge for them, even shaw as he scores a couple every game.

We need to give these boys a chance or loan them out. (I know shaw is already on loan)

indiejak1413
13-12-2016, 07:52 PM
Shaw doesn't do a lot in these games except score,give him half a chance and he'll stick it away no problem . Could he play in the 1st team? I reckon him and JC in time could be a formidable partnership. Crane and Martin aren't far away from starting for the 1st team, the 2 of them stroll these games consistently. I think NL will use them more and more as the season progresses. Porteous looked solid today , I think he's a quality player.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

northstandhibby
13-12-2016, 10:29 PM
Great to see a young player like Ollie Shaw get a hat-trick. Hope we have him on a long contract?

:thumbsup:

Big L
13-12-2016, 10:45 PM
Getting concerned that Martin and Crane will stagnate a bit.

They seem to stroll every game and it doesn't seem like a massive challenge for them, even shaw as he scores a couple every game.

We need to give these boys a chance or loan them out. (I know shaw is already on loan)

If we r a couple of goals up with 10 min's to go they should be putting one or two of these young lads on, how else do they progress? For the size of our club and the quality of our training facilities, we don't get many lads making the first team.

Danderhall Hibs
13-12-2016, 10:48 PM
If we r a couple of goals up with 10 min's to go they should be putting one or two of these young lads on, how else do they progress? For the size of our club and the quality of our training facilities, we don't get many lads making the first team.

Progress for them just now would be a loan move to the league below us - when they get a game and consistently impress we get them back.

silverhibee
13-12-2016, 11:04 PM
Progress for them just now would be a loan move to the league below us - when they get a game and consistently impress we get them back.

Got to agree with this, they won't get much game time under Lennon so putting them out on loan would be the best thing for them, once we get players back from injury and the squad is strengthened in the window then these lads will be lucky to make the bench for the rest of the season, get them out on loan in January and see how they cope with playing in a lower division and see how they cope with it.