PDA

View Full Version : Scott Martin.

greenlex
13-12-2016, 03:35 AM
Time to step up to the plate laddie. Three games to make your mark. I'm looking forward to see what he brings.

Ozyhibby
13-12-2016, 08:50 AM
Time to step up to the plate laddie. Three games to make your mark. I'm looking forward to see what he brings.

If he gets a game. 2-0 up against Dimbarton at home on sat and Lennon still did not trust him. [emoji26]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brightside
13-12-2016, 08:59 AM
I'm lost as to why he continues to play Bartley and leave the energy of Martin on the bench. Real shame as i think he would be dynamite in this league.

Eric
13-12-2016, 09:08 AM
If he gets a game. 2-0 up against Dimbarton at home on sat and Lennon still did not trust him. [emoji26]

Martin and Crane were both standing ready to come on at 90 mins but the ball didn't go out of play during injury time so lost out.

Golden Bear
13-12-2016, 09:08 AM
We keep hearing that things are changing and the intention is to give youth a chance. Sadly there's precious little evidence of this in practice.

California-Hibs
13-12-2016, 09:25 AM
We keep hearing that things are changing and the intention is to give youth a chance. Sadly there's precious little evidence of this in practice.

We're winning the majority of our games...

lyonhibs
13-12-2016, 09:31 AM
Have I missed something? Why would Scott Martin be "in" specifically for 3 games as opposed to 1 or the rest of the season?

oneone73
13-12-2016, 09:41 AM
Have I missed something? Why would Scott Martin be "in" specifically for 3 games as opposed to 1 or the rest of the season?

McGeouch injured again apparently. Three games takes us up to the window.

lyonhibs
13-12-2016, 09:51 AM

FFS. I had missed that little gem. That makes sense in that case. As long as Fyvie and McGinn remain out, I don't see what alternative we have between now and Jan.

Andy74
13-12-2016, 09:52 AM

They have to be better than the players in front of them though. I'm sure the coaching staff will have a reasonable view if Bartley or Martin has been the better option so far.

The Modfather
13-12-2016, 10:04 AM

Is McGeouch on a big wage? IMO it's time to move him on and invest his wage in someone who can play a majority of a season. Probably in the summer as we are short at the moment and give him the second half of the season as one last chance to prove he can get over his injuries.

A shame as a cracking player, but we don't get anywhere near enough playing time out of him. He is also part of the general midfield problem in that when he does play he rarely scores. Although he is more creative than the likes of Bartley and Fyvie IMO, so mainly down to the lack of games we get out of him as to why I'd personally move him on ahead of others.

The Modfather
13-12-2016, 10:07 AM
They have to be better than the players in front of them though. I'm sure the coaching staff will have a reasonable view if Bartley or Martin has been the better option so far.

Although it's still disappoint not to see any of the youngsters for 5 or 10 minutes here and there when a game is won. Particularly with so many bodies injured.

blackpoolhibs
13-12-2016, 10:08 AM
You just cant move a player on when you want, both parties need to agree then you need someone who wants the player.

I cant remember who was injured or on the bench in the first game of the season at Falkirk, but Martin played reasonably well that day.

He did not look out of place, and i'm surprised he's not been given more minutes on the pitch either as a starter or a sub?

J-C
13-12-2016, 10:15 AM
We're winning the majority of our games...

What has this got to do with giving these guys game time, surely that's when they should be brought on with 20 mins to go to get the experience.

JimBHibees
13-12-2016, 10:18 AM
What has this got to do with giving these guys game time, surely that's when they should be brought on with 20 mins to go to get the experience.

Certainly thought at least one of them should have come on Saturday and IMO pointless even if they did get on for 2 mins. Why not given them 10 and see how it goes?

Hiber-nation
13-12-2016, 10:21 AM
You just cant move a player on when you want, both parties need to agree then you need someone who wants the player.

I cant remember who was injured or on the bench in the first game of the season at Falkirk, but Martin played reasonably well that day.

He did not look out of place, and i'm surprised he's not been given more minutes on the pitch either as a starter or a sub?

Lennon had a wee go at him in the post match interview, saying that he did ok but he wasn't disciplined enough when it came to sticking to his man.

blackpoolhibs
13-12-2016, 10:26 AM
Lennon had a wee go at him in the post match interview, saying that he did ok but he wasn't disciplined enough when it came to sticking to his man.

I never knew that, and to be fair to Martin i thought he did well that day in what is a tough away game.

Not sure how he will learn from those mistakes if he does not get some time playing in the first team, i'm pretty sure he could have come on a few times when we've been well in front for the last 10-15 minutes.

lucky
13-12-2016, 10:36 AM
Is McGeouch on a big wage? IMO it's time to move him on and invest his wage in someone who can play a majority of a season. Probably in the summer as we are short at the moment and give him the second half of the season as one last chance to prove he can get over his injuries.

A shame as a cracking player, but we don't get anywhere near enough playing time out of him. He is also part of the general midfield problem in that when he does play he rarely scores. Although he is more creative than the likes of Bartley and Fyvie IMO, so mainly down to the lack of games we get out of him as to why I'd personally move him on ahead of others.

I said this a while back. McGeough is a waste because he hardly plays. But lots on here think he's the best player at Hibs and it's better we have a good bit part player than not at all. For me being the best player in stand is no use to Hibs. I doubt we can move on in January but unless he proves his fitness in the run up to May then I'd get rid of him.

J-C
13-12-2016, 10:38 AM
I never knew that, and to be fair to Martin i thought he did well that day in what is a tough away game.

Not sure how he will learn from those mistakes if he does not get some time playing in the first team, i'm pretty sure he could have come on a few times when we've been well in front for the last 10-15 minutes.

:agree: The only way you'll learn is by playing, 10-15 here and there would do him and crane the world of good, if he's going to ignore these laddies, then get them loaned out to gain experience.

emerald green
13-12-2016, 10:40 AM

When and how did this injury happen? :dunno:

J-C
13-12-2016, 10:41 AM

Probably getting out his chair.

Ozyhibby
13-12-2016, 11:03 AM

Pulling on his left sock this time. Crazy bad luck.

NAE NOOKIE
13-12-2016, 11:58 AM
I didn't get why Martin wasn't given a chance against Dumbarton, I would have thought that was a game for him rather than Bartley ... I understand why NL is going for experience as much as he can, but in our current situation surely its worth giving Martin a go in games where we don't need 6 defensive players on the park, why we did against Dumbarton is mystifying.

I cant believe that McGeouch is injured again ..... like many on here I believe he is right up there with the best players we have, but FFS the guy seems to have been permanently injured for the last 18 months. If there is a long standing underlying problem causing him to have injuries elsewhere, which there seems to be, then perhaps its time to bite the bullet and send him to some genius in Europe or the USA who can sort him out once and for all.

The_Horde
13-12-2016, 12:35 PM

He was ready to come on at the end but I don't think that the ball ever went out of play.

B.H.F.C
13-12-2016, 12:47 PM
He was ready to come on at the end but I don't think that the ball ever went out of play.

Even if he had got on he wasn't really going to gain or learn anything in 90 seconds on the pitch when we were two nil up.

Blaster
13-12-2016, 12:52 PM
Even if he had got on he wasn't really going to gain or learn anything in 90 seconds on the pitch when we were two nil up.

Appearance money

Enough said
13-12-2016, 01:19 PM
Appearance money

Club stopped paying appearance money when we got related

pacoluna
13-12-2016, 01:23 PM

It's becoming an absolute farce! Can anyone regardless of age name me a player who has played for Hibs and has been so injury prone.

GreenPJ
13-12-2016, 01:28 PM

:agree: I have no issues in giving both of those lads 10/15 mins (as soon as the second went in). Stripping them in the 90th minute was a joke.

ancient hibee
13-12-2016, 01:47 PM
It's becoming an absolute farce! Can anyone regardless of age name me a player who has played for Hibs and has been so injury prone.

El Algui?.

HoboHarry
13-12-2016, 02:50 PM
FFS. I had missed that little gem. That makes sense in that case. As long as Fyvie and McGinn remain out, I don't see what alternative we have between now and Jan.
You aren't alone in missing it - where has this information come from?

Ozyhibby
13-12-2016, 02:59 PM

Clancy?

Craig_HFC
13-12-2016, 03:04 PM

James McPake

Andy74
13-12-2016, 03:05 PM

Danny Handling

Craig_HFC
13-12-2016, 03:09 PM

Kevin Thomson.

jacomo
13-12-2016, 03:31 PM

Unfortunately, even if the management team give a young player a chance, the boo boys are always baying for fresh meat.

silverhibee
13-12-2016, 03:44 PM

I somehow get the impression that Lennon isn't a big fan of giving youth players a chance when his career is on the line at Hibs, he wants experience all the time over youth and my thoughts are the lad will settle for a place on the bench in the next game.

silverhibee
13-12-2016, 03:47 PM

Lennon reminds me of Strachan at times in what he does in management.

Ozyhibby
13-12-2016, 03:48 PM
Unfortunately, even if the management team give a young player a chance, the boo boys are always baying for fresh meat.

I never hear anyone getting Boo'd at Easter road? Apart from refs.

silverhibee
13-12-2016, 03:52 PM

Eckersley.

cmcd
13-12-2016, 03:53 PM
Has there been an official announcement that Dylan is injuredesigned? ?????

cmcd
13-12-2016, 03:54 PM

Sorry Injured

HoboHarry
13-12-2016, 04:04 PM
That's what I asked earlier and no-one has responded. Starting to think this is .net nonsense.......

stantonhibby
13-12-2016, 05:04 PM

Michael Hart

Smartie
13-12-2016, 05:25 PM

Freddie Arpinon

shetlandhibee
13-12-2016, 06:55 PM
farid.....

3pm
13-12-2016, 07:06 PM
Clancy?

James McPake

Danny Handling

Kevin Thomson.

Eckersley.

Michael Hart

Freddie Arpinon

farid.....

Aye, but apart from those 8? :thumbsup:

Unseen work
13-12-2016, 07:09 PM
He has done well every game he has played for the first team.

Golden Bear
13-12-2016, 07:14 PM

Chris Killen

R'Albin
13-12-2016, 07:18 PM

Graham Stack.

3pm
13-12-2016, 07:19 PM
Chris Killen

Graham Stack.

pedroorange1875
13-12-2016, 07:26 PM

And they built the viaducts

Big L
13-12-2016, 07:31 PM
In the past few years JC is the only player to come thru the ranks to play regular and that has to be a major concern. Stubbs shifted all the young players out the door or out on loan. At one time parents would be delighted if their son signed for us, now I'm not so sure. The lads all appear to do well in Dev team then don't progress. Our dev team is currently top of their league, our young sttiker just scored three goals in his last game and should be getting an intro to the first team but I'm not confident that's going to happen anytime soon. Sat was a classic example, with 10 mins to go he could have put one on. What's the point of funding Dev squads?

HibeeBigFly
13-12-2016, 07:36 PM
Kevin Thomson.

Fabian Yantorno

Golden Bear
13-12-2016, 07:37 PM
Fabian Yantorno

Absolutely nothing wrong with yon tackle.😉

silverhibee
13-12-2016, 09:06 PM

Duncan Watmore

Billychaotic182
14-12-2016, 01:27 AM

Zemamma

Billychaotic182
14-12-2016, 01:27 AM

Galbraith

Forza Fred
14-12-2016, 03:57 AM
Although it's still disappoint not to see any of the youngsters for 5 or 10 minutes here and there when a game is won. Particularly with so many bodies injured.

Club stopped paying appearance money when we got related

Is this right?

I always thought it was a standard contract clause?

Canon Hannan
14-12-2016, 06:26 AM
In the past few years JC is the only player to come thru the ranks to play regular and that has to be a major concern. Stubbs shifted all the young players out the door or out on loan. At one time parents would be delighted if their son signed for us, now I'm not so sure. The lads all appear to do well in Dev team then don't progress. Our dev team is currently top of their league, our young sttiker just scored three goals in his last game and should be getting an intro to the first team but I'm not confident that's going to happen anytime soon. Sat was a classic example, with 10 mins to go he could have put one on. What's the point of funding Dev squads?

Due to huge pressure on Lennon it seems promotion at all costs will prevent using the youth.

Mr White
14-12-2016, 07:58 AM

Rab Shannon.

pacoluna
14-12-2016, 09:06 AM
no coincidence that all these players except from handling soon found other clubs, KT wasn't injury prone in his first spell. No consistency with repetitive niggles. As good as he is, his chronic injury problems are frustrating.

Ronniekirk
14-12-2016, 10:59 AM
Dylan has rolled his ankle this time Bit of swelling So not sure if it will keep him out for just the Morton game or longer
Just need to wait and see

But his ongoing injuries are clearly going to mean we cant rrly on him being fit
We need to bring in players in January that are fit and can improve the team as we need get a consistent winning team on the pitch if we are to pull comfortably away from United