PDA

View Full Version : Early morning breakfast in Edinburgh

cocteautwin
13-12-2016, 01:51 AM
Wonder if anyone can help on a suggestion on where to go for breakfast early on a Sunday morning? I fly back in to Edinburgh on Saturday night and always always always have jet lag the next day which involves waking up at 6 in the morning starving but not wanting to disturb anyone in the house. I'm short of ideas on where to go at that time on a Sunday morning. Not McD's or fast food. Any suggestions? Cheers.

LustForLeith
13-12-2016, 07:55 AM
Wonder if anyone can help on a suggestion on where to go for breakfast early on a Sunday morning? I fly back in to Edinburgh on Saturday night and always always always have jet lag the next day which involves waking up at 6 in the morning starving but not wanting to disturb anyone in the house. I'm short of ideas on where to go at that time on a Sunday morning. Not McD's or fast food. Any suggestions? Cheers.

Where abouts are you? There's the likes of Snaxs but I don't think they open until 8am

cocteautwin
13-12-2016, 08:55 AM
Where abouts are you? There's the likes of Snaxs but I don't think they open until 8am

Porty side of Edinburgh. But at that time of the morning I can drive in to town or Leith pretty quickly.

Hiber-nation
13-12-2016, 09:39 AM
Porty side of Edinburgh. But at that time of the morning I can drive in to town or Leith pretty quickly.

Up The Junction in Great Junction Street used to open at 7am, might be worth a try.

Ah just noticed you said Sunday. Might be a bit early...

MountcastleHibs
13-12-2016, 11:40 AM

The newsagents across the road from the Lady Nairn serves hot rolls from 5am.

stevie-bee
13-12-2016, 08:54 PM
The newsagents across the road from the Lady Nairn serves hot rolls from 5am.
Jim the owner good hibs supporters,

EskbankHibby
13-12-2016, 10:30 PM
Wetherspoons might be a shout at that time in the morning, think the one at the station might open at 6.

lord bunberry
14-12-2016, 11:01 AM
In these situations I like to adopt the 'I'm up so everyone else is up' policy.

lyonhibs
14-12-2016, 02:36 PM
In these situations I like to adopt the 'I'm up so everyone else is up' policy.

:agree: :agree:

Carpe Diem. They'll thank you in the long run :greengrin