PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have a recording of the BBC Sportscene highlights of the cup final?

Northernhibee
12-12-2016, 07:37 PM
Even if only for the analysis afterwards. Pat Nevin beaming from ear to ear and a clearly gutted Terry Butcher trying to remain impartial. Finished off by a montage of the game soundtracked by SOL. I'd rushed straight back up the road to Dundee to watch the highlights with my old man who'd just come out of hospital, had a bottle of champagne and someone started cutting onions right when the SOL bit kicked in.

Would love it if anyone has a recording of it.

Sir David Gray
12-12-2016, 08:09 PM
I've got the full match BBC coverage and the Sky Sports highlights.

Topographic Hibby
12-12-2016, 08:20 PM
Wasn't it Michael Stewart, wee Pat and one of the De Boer blockheads? Can't recall seeing that &£@?!@** Terry £&@!!**# Butcher on TV highlights. Didn't he do Radio 5?

Edit. Sorry read the post again. You're talking about the highlights at night. I was wittering on about the afternoon show.

we are hibs
12-12-2016, 08:30 PM
I like to see this too. Can remember at the end the presenter said it was a pleasure to be there and congratulated us before the end part rolled with sunshine on leith. That's when it sunk in that we'd actually done it. I then proceeded to go out and get leathered out my box. Happy days. Roll on the title party in May.

scoopyboy
12-12-2016, 08:52 PM
OK, here we go.

I downloaded both the sky highlights (44.36 minutes) and the sportscene highlights (42.00 minutes) in HD on to my laptop hard disk. Both in HD and both worked a treat.

Go to Google and type in "download Scottish cup final".

One near the top of the search will look like this;

Scottish Cup Final 2016: Rangers v Hibernian Extended Highlights ...
manchester.red/.../scottish-cup-final-2016-rangers-v-hibernian-extended-highlights-h...
22 May 2016 - Download: Sky Sports Extended Highlights HD (44:36) or BBC Sportscene Full Show HD (42:00) Gallery:

Go into it and it is very straightforward to download it.

Edit - It is the BBC one that has Butcher and Nevin.

seanshow
12-12-2016, 08:56 PM
There should be various versions on the net, heres the game from the bbc on youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SRnokTehVI

greenlad
12-12-2016, 09:05 PM
There should be various versions on the net, heres the game from the bbc on youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SRnokTehVI

And there are very straightforward ways of converting YouTube to MP4 video files. Google is a help.

Northernhibee
12-12-2016, 09:24 PM
OK, here we go.

I downloaded both the sky highlights (44.36 minutes) and the sportscene highlights (42.00 minutes) in HD on to my laptop hard disk. Both in HD and both worked a treat.

manchester.red/.../scottish-cup-final-2016-rangers-v-hibernian-extended-highlights-h...
22 May 2016 - Download: Sky Sports Extended Highlights HD (44:36) or BBC Sportscene Full Show HD (42:00) Gallery:

Superstar - thanks very much. Brilliant programme :flag:

Billy Whizz
12-12-2016, 09:30 PM
Superstar - thanks very much. Brilliant programme :flag:

Superstar?

GreenNWhiteArmy
12-12-2016, 09:45 PM
I genuinely didn't even know there was a sportscene on that night! To be fair though I did go on a bender till the Monday morning so that explains it!

I recorded the match on the BBC - still laugh to this day when I hear De Boer talking. The amount of times he embarrassed himself by not knowing hibs players' names is so cringey

scoopyboy
12-12-2016, 10:15 PM
Superstar?

Boy knows what he's talkin about Billy.:wink:

hibeejeebies
12-12-2016, 11:15 PM
Also, I know it's been asked before but is there still no trace of the BBC Sportsound Radio Commentary? Or have Sevco and the Beeb conspired to bury it in the hope the whole thing was a bad dream?

Col2
12-12-2016, 11:21 PM
Also, I know it's been asked before but is there still no trace of the BBC Sportsound Radio Commentary? Or have Sevco and the Beeb conspired to bury it in the hope the whole thing was a bad dream?

There was a BBC radio podcast which starts with final whistle and then mock outrage from Richard "Sheep bottle Hampden" Gordon, Willie Miller who is "sickened to the core" with the scenes and Chic Young who only asks manager, chief exec and players about the trouble. So not worth listening to and it's now not downloadable anymore.

Radio commentary of the game would be good to hear the goals but don't think anyone has that.

Swedish hibee
13-12-2016, 01:36 AM
There was a BBC radio podcast which starts with final whistle and then mock outrage from Richard "Sheep bottle Hampden" Gordon, Willie Miller who is "sickened to the core" with the scenes and Chic Young who only asks manager, chief exec and players about the trouble. So not worth listening to and it's now not downloadable anymore.

Audioboom. Look for it under the date.

hibbypostie
13-12-2016, 06:30 AM
Even if only for the analysis afterwards. Pat Nevin beaming from ear to ear and a clearly gutted Terry Butcher trying to remain impartial. Finished off by a montage of the game soundtracked by SOL. I'd rushed straight back up the road to Dundee to watch the highlights with my old man who'd just come out of hospital, had a bottle of champagne and someone started cutting onions right when the SOL bit kicked in.

Would love it if anyone has a recording of it.

if you cant get it I have it if you want id be ok sending you my memory stick with it on if you send it straight back:agree:

Bill Milne
13-12-2016, 09:24 AM
Sorry, mate, Helen Street Polis took it to watch for all these "villains"!!

BT58
13-12-2016, 11:12 AM
Cheers for that. Brought the tears flowing again.

JeMeSouviens
13-12-2016, 11:37 AM
OK, here we go.

Not sure why you didn't link directly, but thanks!

Direct link to the page which has the Sky and BBC highlights programmes:

http://manchester.red/2016/05/22/scottish-cup-final-2016-rangers-v-hibernian-extended-highlights-hd/

scoopyboy
13-12-2016, 01:20 PM
Not sure why you didn't link directly, but thanks!

Direct link to the page which has the Sky and BBC highlights programmes:

http://manchester.red/2016/05/22/scottish-cup-final-2016-rangers-v-hibernian-extended-highlights-hd/

Quite simply because I don't know how to.

We get there in the end #teamwork.:greengrin