PDA

View Full Version : Jamie Walker booked for diving again

emerald green
12-12-2016, 06:51 PM
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-to-appeal-jamie-walker-s-booking-for-diving-1-4315821

Even if it wasn't a dive, it looks like his reputation for "simulation" (translation - "cheating") has caught up with him, which is very pleasing.

Cannot stand players who do this.

where'stheslope
12-12-2016, 07:18 PM
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-to-appeal-jamie-walker-s-booking-for-diving-1-4315821

Even if it wasn't a dive, it looks like his reputation for "simulation" (translation - "cheating") has caught up with him, which is very pleasing.

Cannot stand players who do this.

He's being made a scapegoat after Scott Brown's outburst at cheating against Celtic!

If you watched the incident on Sportscene you will see the same referee booking him and Holt apologising for the challenge!

If I remember correctly we have had similar yellow cards for diving (simulation) that were no more a dive than fly in the air.

Its easy to accuse players of cheating, but now it is down to contact and some of the players actually put their leg in to make contact in the act of diving, one I clearly remember was McGinn at Falkirk, he was offered a 2 match ban, appealed and it was recinded?

Yet I can't recall McGinn ever being called a diver????

Hiber-nation
12-12-2016, 07:26 PM
Whatever his reputation, it wasn't a dive.

Scouse Hibee
12-12-2016, 07:33 PM
Whatever his reputation, it wasn't a dive.

Agreed but he's a jambo so **** him :-)

Skol
12-12-2016, 07:40 PM
IMO the problem here was that he knew the foul was coming and started to make a show of going down to ensure he got the foul.

He was then fouled

Given his past of going down cheaply, it was this that the ref reacted to and I can see why the booing was awarded even if it was wrong.

The solution is simple, dont exagerate the going down....

where'stheslope
12-12-2016, 07:54 PM
IMO the problem here was that he knew the foul was coming and started to make a show of going down to ensure he got the foul.

He was then fouled

Given his past of going down cheaply, it was this that the ref reacted to and I can see why the booing was awarded even if it was wrong.

The solution is simple, dont exagerate the going down....

And next week you will be on here complaining that JC should have had a penalty as he tried to stay on his feet?

The other thing is why would Walker go to ground as he was going away from their goal?

The main thing is referees have a free ride to call decisions without repercussions and this one was a clear get back on the Celtic game!

This means the referee is crooked, as comments on here of this have been made many times!!!!!

hibbysam
12-12-2016, 08:17 PM
He's being made a scapegoat after Scott Brown's outburst at cheating against Celtic!

If you watched the incident on Sportscene you will see the same referee booking him and Holt apologising for the challenge!

If I remember correctly we have had similar yellow cards for diving (simulation) that were no more a dive than fly in the air.

Its easy to accuse players of cheating, but now it is down to contact and some of the players actually put their leg in to make contact in the act of diving, one I clearly remember was McGinn at Falkirk, he was offered a 2 match ban, appealed and it was recinded?

McGinn was accused of diving by that trumpet Houston, who had to come out and apologise for his outburst as he has been wiped out. JMcG gets booted up and down the place and gets up and on with it, Walker is a diving scrote who gets away with it week in week out and was rightly told he was a cheat by Brown. Shame one eventually goes against him. The boy who cried wolf and all that.

Skol
12-12-2016, 08:40 PM
And next week you will be on here complaining that JC should have had a penalty as he tried to stay on his feet?

The other thing is why would Walker go to ground as he was going away from their goal?

The main thing is referees have a free ride to call decisions without repercussions and this one was a clear get back on the Celtic game!

This means the referee is crooked, as comments on here of this have been made many times!!!!!

You miss my point, I said he was fouled. It was his actions knowing he was about to be fouled that gave the ref a choice. He went to ground as he knew he was going to be fouled, he wanted to make sure the ref noticed.

Oh, and on calling refs crooked, have a look at my comments on that thread and you will see that I have said nothing of the like. Incompetent yes, but crooked no,

Mr White
12-12-2016, 08:48 PM
Mcginn wasn't offered a ban for diving. His red card in a home match v falkirk for a tackle was rescinded. The penalty awarded at falkirk carried no punishment other than the fact that the next time we played there he was denied a stonewaller.

How anyone would want to defend jamie walker's antics in the box is beyond me. Even if this one was a foul the way he chucks himself to the ground at the slightest contact is diving and therefore cheating imo.

heretoday
12-12-2016, 09:01 PM
They're all at it all the time.

If I was a ref I wouldn't give a pen unless a defender pulled out a gun and shot one of the strikers.

Itsnoteasy
12-12-2016, 09:03 PM
Robert Snodgrass has just apologised for diving to win Hull a penalty.

emerald green
12-12-2016, 09:06 PM

If you read the link you will have noticed that it was John Beaton who gave Walker the yellow card. The same John Beaton conned by Walker into giving Hearts a penalty at Tynecastle earlier this season in a match against Celtic.

Walker was later found guilty of simulation (cheating - lets call a spade a spade) by the SFA and was banned for two games.

I suspect this time Beaton was probably watching Walker closely with that background in mind, and decided Walker may have been trying to con him again. Rightly or wrongly. That's what I meant by his reputation catching up with him.

As far as I'm concerned, once a player has earned the reputation as a diver he deserves no sympathy whatsoever.

Yes it's easy to accuse players of cheating, because they are! It's endemic in today's game. Are you saying Walker is squeaky clean? Never dives?

PS: How can you tell Holt (his old team mate at the PBS) was apologising for the challenge? I haven't seen the incident on Sportscene.

Jack
12-12-2016, 09:07 PM
I think football commentators bare most responsibility for this nonsense.

There was contact he's ENTITLED to go down.

There was a touch [of the ball] no penalty.

Both are crap.

Sir David Gray
12-12-2016, 09:08 PM
Personally I thought he got off lightly with a booking.

HoboHarry
12-12-2016, 09:11 PM

Both are crap.

In fairness to the actual commentators, I think a lot of this nonsense started with the co-commentators who are ex players.......

Mr White
12-12-2016, 09:12 PM

Both are crap.

:agree:
"entitled to go down" is a horrible phrase used by apologists for a grim side of the modern game imo.

ancient hibee
12-12-2016, 09:32 PM
Going by the Snodgrass confession they don't have the power in England to have an after the event review looking for simulation.One of our successes up here.

JimBHibees
12-12-2016, 09:54 PM
Just shows how appalling a ref Beaton is. Also how bad a decision was the offside goal.

SunshineOnLeith
12-12-2016, 09:56 PM
Walker's only too happy to win penalties by diving when he gets the chance, I struggle to feel sorry for him if one goes against him because he's got a reputation. Only got himself to blame.

Bill Milne
13-12-2016, 10:38 AM
You miss my point, I said he was fouled. It was his actions knowing he was about to be fouled that gave the ref a choice. He went to ground as he knew he was going to be fouled, he wanted to make sure the ref noticed.

Oh, and on calling refs crooked, have a look at my comments on that thread and you will see that I have said nothing of the like. Incompetent yes, but crooked no,

This is entirely the point, mate, you're right!! Walker's arms are flailing in an "I've been fouled" manner before he is actually fouled.

where'stheslope
13-12-2016, 10:43 AM
Sorry to have to take my green tinted glasses off, but its all very well calling out a cheat, as long as in the next game if one of ours does the same we slag him off on here!
All to often we are the squeaky clean brigade until it happens for us, then for whatever reason everyone sees a touch or other reason for the foul to be given?
Everyone on here wants to win at all cost and for us especially this season, so if we get a dodgy penalty here and a dive for a freekick to which we score from great!!
In the end it is still cheating to gain an advantage!!!!

Thecat23
13-12-2016, 10:48 AM
Sorry to have to take my green tinted glasses off, but its all very well calling out a cheat, as long as in the next game if one of ours does the same we slag him off on here!
All to often we are the squeaky clean brigade until it happens for us, then for whatever reason everyone sees a touch or other reason for the foul to be given?
Everyone on here wants to win at all cost and for us especially this season, so if we get a dodgy penalty here and a dive for a freekick to which we score from great!!

I couldn't care if it's us or them. No need for it and I'd say the very same if Cummings or anyone else dives! Any player who does it should be fined.

Mr White
13-12-2016, 10:55 AM

When Fraser Fyvie went down holding his face at ibrox a year ago people on this board quite rightly criticised him. Some people maybe turn a bit of a blind eye to these kind of actions by Hibs players, which do occur from time to time, but the fact is that we've never had a serial cheat like Walker or Pawlett who go down with little or no contact on a regular basis.

If we did they'd get a lot of criticism on here imo.

Bostonhibby
13-12-2016, 10:59 AM
Walker's only too happy to win penalties by diving when he gets the chance, I struggle to feel sorry for him if one goes against him because he's got a reputation. Only got himself to blame.
Agree entirely, the boy is absolutely yam class and his diving techniques will be in the potter coaching manual. They could stop him from doing the more obvious dives[emoji1]

Sent from my HTC One mini 2 using Tapatalk

emerald green
13-12-2016, 11:06 AM

I can only speak for myself, but I don't want any Hibs player, or team, cheating to win football matches. I want teams (all teams) to win fairly. That may sound a bit old fashioned, but there you go.

You want posters on this forum to slag any Hibs player caught diving/cheating, but for some reason you're defending a proven cheat. Namely Walker. :hmmm:

The bit in bold. Can you supply details? It shouldn't be too difficult, or take very long, if it happens "all too often". How often would that be? Or are you just making things up?

Diclonius
13-12-2016, 12:09 PM
Yeah, yeah, but but remember that time Garry O'Connor dived to win a penalty 5 years ago against St Johnstone?

Keith_M
13-12-2016, 12:23 PM

We're talking about a player and club with a culture of cheating, not an isolated incident.

Maybe because it never happened and it actually WAS a legitimate penalty? For which the idiot ex-Yam managing Falkirk called a dive and later had to apologise for.

The only people that still cast that up are Yams unaware of, or not interested in, the facts.

Only for paranoid Yams.

Maybe you should spend more time on this site (perhaps instead of other football forums) and you'd see the criticism our player have been given for the RARE occasions they have done the above.

Sorry to have to take my green tinted glasses off....

I'd be very surprised if you had green tinted anything.

fiolex1
13-12-2016, 12:34 PM
Hearts are going to appeal the decision? I thought you could only appeal against a Red only?

hibbysam
13-12-2016, 12:37 PM
Hearts are going to appeal the decision? I thought you could only appeal against a Red only?

Yellows for simulation or mistaken identity as well.

southsider
13-12-2016, 01:10 PM

SJM was, by Houston. His board made Houston apologize on the Monday.

where'stheslope
13-12-2016, 03:13 PM
We're talking about a player and club with a culture of cheating, not an isolated incident.

Maybe because it never happened and it actually WAS a legitimate penalty? For which the idiot ex-Yam managing Falkirk called a dive and later had to apologise for.

The only people that still cast that up are Yams unaware of, or not interested in, the facts.

Only for paranoid Yams.

Maybe you should spend more time on this site (perhaps instead of other football forums) and you'd see the criticism our player have been given for the RARE occasions they have done the above.

I'd be very surprised if you had green tinted anything.

Try looking in here: http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?316019-Penalty-shout

Once again it looks like even us Hibees have a problem with what is or isn't a penalty?

I am in no way condoning diving or slating McGinn, I was just using an incident as a way of getting my point over.

Most teams in all leagues carry at least 1 player who likes to try and con the referee, we as a team are not immune from this!

hibbysam
13-12-2016, 03:21 PM

Once again it looks like even us Hibees have a problem with what is or isn't a penalty?

I am in no way condoning diving or slating McGinn, I was just using an incident as a way of getting my point over.

Most teams in all leagues carry at least 1 player who likes to try and con the referee, we as a team are not immune from this!

I'm struggling to understand, you have put a link up to a penalty that we should have got, but didn't??

You made up a complete lie about McGinn being offered a suspension for Diving, when he was denied a stonewaller, and was castigated by Houston for "Diving" to the extent Houston had to apologise.

I am still struggling to work out who our "1 player" is who cons referees.

BoomtownHibees
13-12-2016, 05:22 PM

Who is ours?

HTD1875
13-12-2016, 07:58 PM
***** Jamie Walker, remember a few years ago he was booked twice for diving against us in one season. Serial offender and no wonder hes got a bit of a reputation.

matty_f
13-12-2016, 11:27 PM
***** Jamie Walker, remember a few years ago he was booked twice for diving against us in one season. Serial offender and no wonder hes got a bit of a reputation.

:agree: cheating Hearts *******.

northstandhibby
13-12-2016, 11:32 PM
Jamie Walker is a :top markscheating diver. He'd win gold medals for it if there was a football diver competition.