PDA

View Full Version : Cummings back for good !!

Super_JMcGinn
12-12-2016, 10:18 AM
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-striker-jason-cummings-i-m-back-for-good-1-4314942

Here's hoping Jason :aok:

Northernhibee
12-12-2016, 10:28 AM
If it's made him evaluate the importance of earning his place in the side then that can only be a good thing.

Andy74
12-12-2016, 10:32 AM
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-striker-jason-cummings-i-m-back-for-good-1-4314942

Here's hoping Jason :aok:

His reaction is a lot more realistic and measured than many on here!

I'm not sure he has done enough just yet to get back in if we were to revert to a proper midfielder where Boyle played on Saturday. I think Boyle still deserves the place but he will certainly still play a big part as the season goes on.

maturehibby
12-12-2016, 10:33 AM
He was excellent taking the corners on sat putting the balls into dangerous areas hence Hanlon goal wonder if that was from the training ground ??
And we have not had a good corner taker since Keatings got injured
Well done Jason

erin go bragh
12-12-2016, 10:38 AM
He was excellent taking the corners on sat putting the balls into dangerous areas hence Hanlon goal wonder if that was from the training ground ??
And we have not had a good corner taker since Keatings got injured
Well done Jason

SJM takes a wicked corner from the left side .

Scouse Hibee
12-12-2016, 12:57 PM
I prefer our top goalscorer to be in the box rather than taking the corners.

jacomo
12-12-2016, 01:56 PM
His reaction is a lot more realistic and measured than many on here!

I'm not sure he has done enough just yet to get back in if we were to revert to a proper midfielder where Boyle played on Saturday. I think Boyle still deserves the place but he will certainly still play a big part as the season goes on.

:agree:

I'd like to see them both in the team. Maybe in a 4-3-3.

BSEJVT
12-12-2016, 02:07 PM
Whilst I have always stuck up for Jason on some of the debates about him on here, I thought dead ball delivery apart he was shockingly bad on Saturday.

His control, touch and reading of the game were miles off the required standard

I have no doubt he will, but he is going to have to pick up considerably or he will find himself consigned back to the bench PDQ once we get some more bodies in / back.

MWHIBBIES
12-12-2016, 02:26 PM
I prefer our top goalscorer to be in the box rather than taking the corners.How many has Jason scored from corners? I can think of 2 in 3 years...

Super_JMcGinn
12-12-2016, 02:38 PM
Whilst I have always stuck up for Jason on some of the debates about him on here, I thought dead ball delivery apart he was shockingly bad on Saturday.

I have no doubt he will, but he is going to have to pick up considerably or he will find himself consigned back to the bench PDQ once we get some more bodies in / back.

Shockingly bad it as a tad strong, I can think of a few who were worse than him on Saturday. The service he got was practically non existent but he worked his socks off and put in some delicious balls as you said.

Jason will get us goals if supplied with chances, there is no question of that.

H18 SFR
12-12-2016, 02:40 PM

You know something Scouse, I said exactly that on Saturday and my son said tell me once when he has looked a danger at a corner. I couldn't actually think of a time although my memory might be the best. Normally I would totally agree with you but I'm thinking on this occasion the quality of his delivery might outweigh his danger in the box.

BSEJVT
12-12-2016, 03:01 PM
Shockingly bad it as a tad strong, I can think of a few who were worse than him on Saturday. The service he got was practically non existent but he worked his socks off and put in some delicious balls as you said.

Jason will get us goals if supplied with chances, there is no question of that.

Agreed re the second part, but I thought he was really really poor on Saturday

CockneyRebel
12-12-2016, 03:08 PM

I was saying exactly that to the guy who sits next to me at ER - Why is he taking the corners he should be in the b.. GOAL!!!!!!! What a great corner kick.

MWHIBBIES
12-12-2016, 03:17 PM

I have no doubt he will, but he is going to have to pick up considerably or he will find himself consigned back to the bench PDQ once we get some more bodies in / back.Jason was good on Saturday, plenty of good touches and linkup play 2nd half. Brilliant corners.

BSEJVT
12-12-2016, 03:31 PM
Jason was good on Saturday, plenty of good touches and linkup play 2nd half. Brilliant corners.

That's not how I saw it, but you are of course entitled to your opinion and it may well be that yours is right and mine is wrong.

I think Jason gets an unnecessarily hard time from many over the season, but I thought he was awful on Saturday.

I have no doubt though that he is a far far better player than he showed in that one game.

cleanyman
12-12-2016, 03:35 PM
Have a little patience

ancient hibee
12-12-2016, 03:40 PM

Do you think his lost touch might be something to do with hardly playing first team football for eight weeks? If so what do you think Commons might be like after nine months?

Hibee87
12-12-2016, 03:43 PM
Have a little patience Just needs time to relight the fire :thumbsup:

Onion
12-12-2016, 03:47 PM
Was always Lennon's job to get the best out of JC and keeping him on the bench was just not tenable for a desperate manager needing goals. Hopefully, JC can reset his season and have a storming last 6 months.

Andy74
12-12-2016, 03:52 PM
Was always Lennon's job to get the best out of JC and keeping him on the bench was just not tenable for a desperate manager needing goals. Hopefully, JC can reset his season and have a storming last 6 months.

It is Lennon's job to get Hibs promoted by winning football matches.

Shrekko
12-12-2016, 04:24 PM
You know something Scouse, I said exactly that on Saturday and my son said tell me once when he has looked a danger at a corner. I couldn't actually think of a time although my memory might be the best. Normally I would totally agree with you but I'm thinking on this occasion the quality of his delivery might outweigh his danger in the box.

I agree.

How often do smallish strikers score at corners? The box is so packed these days that a big centre half has more chance to score from them.

BSEJVT
12-12-2016, 04:41 PM
Do you think his lost touch might be something to do with hardly playing first team football for eight weeks? If so what do you think Commons might be like after nine months?

2 separate questions there

The answer to the first one should be no as he is touching the ball every day in training but I get that training and matches are different with different pressures, I would say though that really good players have a great touch regardless of when they are called upon to use it.

I am torn on the Commons issue, IMO he is a far bigger gamble than Stokes was last year, having been out the first team picture far longer and being older.

He is a better footballer than Stokes though, but Stokes had the advantage of being able to able to contribute nothing else if he was scoring goals because he was played far further forward than Commons will be (FWIW I think Stokes put a lot of good shifts in and Cup Final apart was more let down by his goalscoring record than work ethic).

I don't think we can carry a Commons who needs till April to get up to speed and my worry would be that we take him on and get very little return when the money could be better spent.

I find it difficult to believe he can hit the ground running and also find it hard to believe he and Shinnie can be accommodated in the same team as IMO they fulfil the same role.

A fit Commons who had played week in week out being the better player on past performances.

I don't think there is a simple fix to this Hibs team.

I think we play the shape we do because of the players we have available.

I would love to see us being more attacking

Personally I would go 442 and drop Fontaine and would still have the 2 full backs pushing on.

Whether those 2 full backs would be Gray (probably) and Stevenson (probably not) I don't know

Lewis does everything right except cross the ball, he takes great positions, works his arse of, is comfortable with the ball and retaining it and is a decent enough passer of the ball, but doesn't have a dependable cross on him.

We are so rarely troubled in defence and I think when we are it because of a congested midfield losing the ball and it getting shelled long. the only team to play through us this year were QOTS in the cup game.

I would have a central midfield of Fyvie, Shinnie & McGinn with a yet to be signed winger alternating sides

I love Liam Henderson but IMO he is not what this team needs and whilst I might sign him it would be to replace not augment one of the 3 mentioned for the simple reason that signing him doesn't enable us to vary our pattern of play.

IMO we are very predictable and our subs don't change that

blackpoolhibs
12-12-2016, 05:48 PM

The answer to the first one should be no as he is touching the ball every day in training but I get that training and matches are different with different pressures, I would say though that really good players have a great touch regardless of when they are called upon to use it.

I am torn on the Commons issue, IMO he is a far bigger gamble than Stokes was last year, having been out the first team picture far longer and being older.

He is a better footballer than Stokes though, but Stokes had the advantage of being able to able to contribute nothing else if he was scoring goals because he was played far further forward than Commons will be (FWIW I think Stokes put a lot of good shifts in and Cup Final apart was more let down by his goalscoring record than work ethic).

I don't think we can carry a Commons who needs till April to get up to speed and my worry would be that we take him on and get very little return when the money could be better spent.

I find it difficult to believe he can hit the ground running and also find it hard to believe he and Shinnie can be accommodated in the same team as IMO they fulfil the same role.

A fit Commons who had played week in week out being the better player on past performances.

Personally I would go 442 and drop Fontaine and would still have the 2 full backs pushing on.

Whether those 2 full backs would be Gray (probably) and Stevenson (probably not) I don't know

Lewis does everything right except cross the ball, he takes great positions, works his arse of, is comfortable with the ball and retaining it and is a decent enough passer of the ball, but doesn't have a dependable cross on him.

We are so rarely troubled in defence and I think when we are it because of a congested midfield losing the ball and it getting shelled long. the only team to play through us this year were QOTS in the cup game.

I would have a central midfield of Fyvie, Shinnie & McGinn with a yet to be signed winger alternating sides

I love Liam Henderson but IMO he is not what this team needs and whilst I might sign him it would be to replace not augment one of the 3 mentioned for the simple reason that signing him doesn't enable us to vary our pattern of play.

I really dont think we need Commons or even Samaras, its 2 wide players who have a bit of guile and pace we need imo.

If Stevenson and Gray were just to play as full backs, the wide men could do the job we are asking them to do, and when fit Fyvie McGinn and McGeouch could fight it out for the 2 places in the middle.

There is not a great deal wrong with our squad/team.It just needs those wide men, and then we can stop trying to put square pegs into round holes.

ancient hibee
12-12-2016, 06:57 PM

No,subbing like for like is a waste.

On Saturday we almost had two centre halves standing around doing nothing.Lennon pushed Fontaine forward but he is really too cumbersome to play there.I was a bit surprised that he didn't take him off for Martin.As you say we need someone to play wide who will beat peopl and pull players out of central defence.We have nobody who can do this although I thought Boyle should but he sometimes seems reluctant to give it a real go.

where'stheslope
12-12-2016, 07:00 PM

Great to have him back, and reading in the papers JC admits he was not doing enough so had to change.

Still think his best foil is Keatings, with his constant running off the ball and making space for JC in and around the box.

We also desperately need a passing midfielder like McGinn back to supply their ammunition!!!!

danhibees1875
12-12-2016, 10:09 PM

Used to say the same about Griffiths too!

I can see the point, as if the ball is bouncing about they're the sort to get themselves in the right place with a bit space and strike it home. But , im happy with Jason to keep hitting them if he's whipping them in better than the rest. With Hanlon, McGregor, Fontaine, and Gray in the box we should be doing a lot better than we currently are at corners.

cleanyman
12-12-2016, 10:31 PM
Leave the boys talent alone

Let it shine

Brightside
12-12-2016, 10:35 PM
Bar Boyle when he is on form we lack pace when we attack....it becomes very easy to defend against us due to our full backs refusing to attack the by line and play in cut backs. Full bacsk that just get to the box then play it square are pretty pointless. I want wide players and do away with full backs. Attack at pace, press from the front, close down in midfield. We let in very few goals but despite double figure chances in game very few of them are put on a plate for our numerous strikers. So Lennon sign two nippy wingers and start battering teams.

We do not need 5 defenders and a holding midfielder in this league!!

Bostonhibby
13-12-2016, 09:41 AM
I really dont think we need Commons or even Samaras, its 2 wide players who have a bit of guile and pace we need imo.

If Stevenson and Gray were just to play as full backs, the wide men could do the job we are asking them to do, and when fit Fyvie McGinn and McGeouch could fight it out for the 2 places in the middle.

There is not a great deal wrong with our squad/team.It just needs those wide men, and then we can stop trying to put square pegs into round holes.
This is where I am as well. Better supply and more of it in and Jason gets the chance to do even more of the one thing he really excels at. Sticking the ball in the net.

Sent from my HTC One mini 2 using Tapatalk