PDA

View Full Version : NHC Worth a watch

BigT-Hibeez
11-12-2016, 08:56 PM
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/chris-sutton-enrages-fellow-pundit-with-ian-cathro-support-1-4313924

Super_JMcGinn
11-12-2016, 09:02 PM
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/chris-sutton-enrages-fellow-pundit-with-ian-cathro-support-1-4313924

Stubbsy sitting there smirking :faf::faf: :not worth:not worth

BigT-Hibeez
11-12-2016, 09:05 PM
Stubbsy sitting there smirking :faf::faf: :not worth:not worth

Quietly pissing himself!!! He's forgot more than them two will ever know!!

hibsboy69
11-12-2016, 09:06 PM
Craigan's on his period.........pass it on ! :tee hee:

Diclonius
12-12-2016, 09:47 AM
The reaction to his appointment in Scotland is a perfect example of how backward we are as a footballing nation.

He hasn't spent 10 years kicking the **** out of flair players for East Fife? Clearly not qualified.

Big_Franck
12-12-2016, 09:57 AM
The reaction to his appointment in Scotland is a perfect example of how backward we are as a footballing nation.

He hasn't spent 10 years kicking the **** out of flair players for East Fife? Clearly not qualified.

Totally agree. As much as I don't like Sutton I agree with him in that video, it's just jealousy.

People like Craigan and Boyd expect to finish their careers and be guaranteed a coaching role in Scotland as part of the jobs for the boys merry-go-round. The idea of having to compete with intelligent, innovative outsiders such as Cathro scares the life out of them and they are lashing out. They will be gutted if he's a success. So will I, but for different reasons :greengrin

Andy74
12-12-2016, 10:04 AM

I don't think it shows we are backwards at all - 30 is unusually young for any manager at any club never mind one in the upper places in the top league.

It is also pretty unusual for any coach or manager not to have played the game - not unheard of but unusual.

When you put both together, the age and the lack of having played the game, it is very understandable that there has been some reaction along the lines that he lacks experience or qualifications for the role.

Having some new thoughts on the game also doesn't make him right - you would struggle to convince me that Busby, Shankly, Clough, Ferguson etc didn't really understand the game.

As it happens I think he will probably do okay, largely because Hearts have got a good budget, good facilities and a structure where he doesn't have to deal with everything a football manager would usually have to cope with.

bingo70
12-12-2016, 10:14 AM
I don't think it shows we are backwards at all - 30 is unusually young for any manager at any club never mind one in the upper places in the top league.

It is also pretty unusual for any coach or manager not to have played the game - not unheard of but unusual.

When you put both together, the age and the lack of having played the game, it is very understandable that there has been some reaction along the lines that he lacks experience or qualifications for the role.

Having some new thoughts on the game also doesn't make him right - you would struggle to convince me that Busby, Shankly, Clough, Ferguson etc didn't really understand the game.

As it happens I think he will probably do okay, largely because Hearts have got a good budget, good facilities and a structure where he doesn't have to deal with everything a football manager would usually have to cope with.

It also ignores the fact the reaction in Scotland has in the main been pretty positive. Of course there's a few people questioning it but that's pretty natural for the reasons you stated.

I think there's a recognition in the country that coaching needs to change so this appointment has been largely welcomed.

Fwiw if he's not as well qualified as Craigan and doesn't have the experience of Craigan I can understand why he'd be wound up at the suggestion he'd automatically know more than him or be better qualified. Cathro might end up being brilliant but at this stage it's unknown and anyone who questions it shouldn't be labelled as being scared of change.

Diclonius
12-12-2016, 10:26 AM

People are right to ask questions, but the level of negative outpouring from some in the game - i.e. the old guard - has been way over the top.

I'll put it this way - would there be the same level of hostility to a similar appointment in say, Spain?

Andy74
12-12-2016, 10:30 AM
People are right to ask questions, but the level of negative outpouring from some in the game - i.e. the old guard - has been way over the top.

I'll put it this way - would there be the same level of hostility to a similar appointment in say, Spain?

I don't really agree with labels like 'old guard', they are just people who have been in the game and are entitled to their view. They have as much chance of being right about what will happen as anyone.

As has been noted above I think the reaction has actually been largely positive, which in itself is not based on much either.

Are you aware of many managers on other leagues who have been both very young and never really played? If we knew then we could compare the reactions.

For what it is worth the Valencia fans didn't think Neville had enough experience to mange them and as a player he had done just about everything in the game.

bingo70
12-12-2016, 10:42 AM
I don't really agree with labels like 'old guard', they are just people who have been in the game and are entitled to their view. They have as much chance of being right about what will happen as anyone.

As has been noted above I think the reaction has actually been largely positive, which in itself is not based on much either.

Are you aware of many managers on other leagues who have been both very young and never really played? If we knew then we could compare the reactions.

For what it is worth the Valencia fans didn't think Neville had enough experience to mange them and as a player he had done just about everything in the game.

If I was a player and been told throughout my career I needed to get all the coaching badges to get a top job I'd be irked if some guy got one of these jobs without the pro license that I'd paid and potentially worked hard to get. If this person also never had the experience I had I'd be more annoyed and if I was then told I wasn't allowed an opinion on him without being labelled a dinosaur I'd be going as raj as Craigan.

GreenLake
12-12-2016, 12:04 PM
Craigan is obviously forgetting the millinery vagina.