PDA

View Full Version : Scottish Cup Final arrests

Logie Green
11-12-2016, 07:16 PM
Saturday's 'Evening' News reported that four further arrests mean that the total number arrested is now 114. Surely they'll stop now.......

wookie70
11-12-2016, 07:28 PM
Saturday's 'Evening' News reported that four further arrests mean that the total number arrested is now 114. Surely they'll stop now.......
Nice number to stop at

lucky
11-12-2016, 07:56 PM
But only 2 arrests for sexual abuse in football. The police should call off their witch hunt and put the resources into catching the abusers

ancient hibee
11-12-2016, 07:58 PM
One of the latest arrested is female.Wonder from which side.

maturehibby
12-12-2016, 11:46 AM
Keep looking for the driver of the number 11 bus that took me into the waverley to get the train that day as they have published everybody else's remotely involved that day surely there is a statute of limitations on this by now ,

greenginger
12-12-2016, 12:00 PM
Any Bonnyrigg fans arrested for invading the Dumbarton pitch after their Cup win ?

No, none, there's a surprise !

snooky
12-12-2016, 12:06 PM
But only 2 arrests for sexual abuse in football. The police should call off their witch hunt and put the resources into catching the abusers

This says it all. What an unbalanced world we live in.

gazathehibby
12-12-2016, 12:24 PM
That's not bad when you think about it, that's 1per year since we won the cup 🇳🇬🇳🇬😂😂😂

lyonhibs
12-12-2016, 12:29 PM
One of the latest arrested is female.Wonder from which side.

"West of Scotland" FC would be my bet

givescotlandfreedom
12-12-2016, 12:44 PM
Keep looking for the driver of the number 11 bus that took me into the waverley to get the train that day as they have published everybody else's remotely involved that day surely there is a statute of limitations on this by now ,

You should have paid your fare then!

Vini1875
12-12-2016, 01:11 PM
I wonder if pressure is put on the police to keep this going. We ought to start to put some pressure on to have this stopped. Is anyone happy to have their tax money spent on this? Is there any need? True the law has been broken but does it serve the public to keep spending what must a vast amount of money on this issue when there are more pressing matters in football and society? Time to end this, time for Hibs supporters to act.

Onion
12-12-2016, 01:25 PM

Low hanging fruit. Lazy *******s !

Killiehibbie
12-12-2016, 02:14 PM
I wonder if pressure is put on the police to keep this going. We ought to start to put some pressure on to have this stopped. Is anyone happy to have their tax money spent on this? Is there any need? True the law has been broken but does it serve the public to keep spending what must a vast amount of money on this issue when there are more pressing matters in football and society? Time to end this, time for Hibs supporters to act.I do agree or they'll be at my door in about 5 years

Since90+2
12-12-2016, 02:31 PM
Most folk did not break the law as its not a criminal offence in Scotland to simply enter the field of play (despite what some people on here were saying at the time). It is against the law in England and it was a recommendation of the report to also implement this in Scotland to discourage such things happening in the future.

If you were simply on the pitch you have nothing to worry about.

Bostonhibby
12-12-2016, 02:38 PM
I wonder if pressure is put on the police to keep this going. We ought to start to put some pressure on to have this stopped. Is anyone happy to have their tax money spent on this? Is there any need? True the law has been broken but does it serve the public to keep spending what must a vast amount of money on this issue when there are more pressing matters in football and society? Time to end this, time for Hibs supporters to act.
No pressure, just easy overtime and an obligation to the lodge to catch as many hibbies as possible so there's more of us than them [emoji6]

Sent from my HTC One mini 2 using Tapatalk

High-On-Hibs
12-12-2016, 02:38 PM
They'll go after those who were watching it on the tele next.

hibbysam
12-12-2016, 11:57 PM
I know one who was on the 'most wanted' list, who has now been cleared by the procurator fiscal without having to make the dreaded journey to the weej to get charged. Maybe, just maybe, they are now starting to realise how much of an arse they have made of the whole situation. Embarrassing how much time, money and resource has gone into it. It's also a huge coverup for the fact they made an arse of it and sent a whole load of officers to Ibrox for the parade.

jakedance
13-12-2016, 12:05 AM
This has maybe been debated before but how many people do we think were actually scrapping on the pitch? From what I remember there was a fair bit of posturing but was there as many as 114 people trading punches? I was a bit preoccupied with having just won the cup at the time.

monktonharp
13-12-2016, 12:48 AM
I wonder if pressure is put on the police to keep this going. We ought to start to put some pressure on to have this stopped. Is anyone happy to have their tax money spent on this? Is there any need? True the law has been broken but does it serve the public to keep spending what must a vast amount of money on this issue when there are more pressing matters in football and society? Time to end this, time for Hibs supporters to act.:agree:think one main problem though, is that the original HQ of the Scottish Police investigation on this was in Helen St. Glasgow if I'm correct? wish they were catchin' Pikeys , house breakers, muggers or fly tippers instead of fans who were over exuberant, on a particular day in their lives.

hibbysam
13-12-2016, 07:07 AM
:agree:think one main problem though, is that the original HQ of the Scottish Police investigation on this was in Helen St. Glasgow if I'm correct? wish they were catchin' Pikeys , house breakers, muggers or fly tippers instead of fans who were over exuberant, on a particular day in their lives.

Govan police station is where the investigation is taking place.

macca70
13-12-2016, 07:16 AM
Would be interested to know from the 100 odd they have arrested, how many have actually been charged with anything.

Also, from those charged what is the split of rangers fans to Hibs?! I suspect we'll never get to know this. Because there was clearly significantly more Hibby's on the pitch but I suspect there have been much more Rangers fans charged for wrong doing.

I'm_cabbaged
13-12-2016, 08:08 AM
Govan police station is where the investigation is taking place.

Helen street is in govan, that's where the buses used to park. 😉

Pretty Boy
13-12-2016, 08:15 AM
It's a total nonsense now.

A guy I know was arrested, charged, fined and given a years banning order within 2 weeks of the final. He accepted he'd done wrong, pleaded guilty and is looking forward to his ban being up.

I would really like to know what people are being arrested for now. It seems unbelievable it can be possible that people are still being identified as having broken the law the best part of 7 months later. There's obviously pressure being applied from somewhere to keep this dragging on.

snooky
13-12-2016, 08:55 AM

A guy I know was arrested, charged, fined and given a years banning order within 2 weeks of the final. He accepted he'd done wrong, pleaded guilty and is looking forward to his ban being up.

I would really like to know what people are being arrested for now. It seems unbelievable it can be possible that people are still being identified as having broken the law the best part of 7 months later. There's obviously pressure being applied from somewhere to keep this dragging on.

In the immortal words of Corporal Jones, "They..."

The Crime of the Century it would appear. At the joke stage now.

Bostonhibby
13-12-2016, 09:32 AM
Police Glasgow probably have instructions to nip the emerging threat of new levels of extreme soccer violence in the bud.

We've not seen the likes of West of Scotland FC and Scottish Cup Supporters before and when you look at some of the members of these groups that have been arrested you can understand the desire of Police Glasgow to hunt these new and vicious thugs down.

Our thanks should surely go to the investigative journalists at the Daily Record who first identified and exposed these groups to us, I certainly wasn't aware of them until the Record outed them when Police Glasgow started having to arrest non Hibs fans after the real violence started when we beat the the rangers in their first ever Scottish Cup final.

CorrieHibs
14-12-2016, 08:25 AM
How many Motherwell fans were arrested or had their faces published in national newspapers when they invaded the pitch and were goading Sevco fans?

DH1875
14-12-2016, 08:42 AM
How many Motherwell fans were arrested or had their faces published in national newspapers when they invaded the pitch and were goading Sevco fans?

Not even that. There was a full scale battle at the train station after the game which to my knowledge has never been reported.

(source is a Motherwell fan who was involved and known by name by the police yet was never arrested despite the police knowing and seeing him being involved).

Salt N Sauzee
14-12-2016, 08:48 AM
Police Glasgow probably have instructions to nip the emerging threat of new levels of extreme soccer violence in the bud.

We've not seen the likes of West of Scotland FC and Scottish Cup Supporters before and when you look at some of the members of these groups that have been arrested you can understand the desire of Police Glasgow to hunt these new and vicious thugs down.

Our thanks should surely go to the investigative journalists at the Daily Record who first identified and exposed these groups to us, I certainly wasn't aware of them until the Record outed them when Police Glasgow started having to arrest non Hibs fans after the real violence started when we beat the the rangers in their first ever Scottish Cup final.

What's Soccer?

GreenCastle
14-12-2016, 08:54 AM
What's Soccer?

A sport which is doing better than our Scottish Football run by clowns.

Keith_M
14-12-2016, 09:01 AM
I believe that Helen St police station in Glasgow (where the investigations are underway) is now pushing the Scottish Government to recognise "being drunk in charge of a Hibs Scarf" as a legitimate offence under law.

Incidentally, Helen St police station is the nearest station to Ibrox, a mere 10 minutes walk. Which I'm sure is just a coincidence...

marinello59
14-12-2016, 09:08 AM

Police Scotland is a monster that should never have been created. Removing local control of the police and effectively handing power to Strathclyde Police lets situations like this rumble on. Maybe it's time we contacted our local MSPs to ask some serious questions regarding use of police resources.

Since90+2
14-12-2016, 09:20 AM
A FOI request to Police Scotland asking how many police hours and the associated cost has now been spent on this investigation would be interesting.

Caversham Green
14-12-2016, 09:20 AM
I can't help thinking that the investigators have been given a target number of convictions - as earlier cases are thrown out they start looking for others to pursue, which is why we're seeing the drip-feed effect.

Anyone whose picture has appeared in the papers and who hasn't been charged or convicted should be considering legal action against the papers and Police Scotland.

Bostonhibby
14-12-2016, 09:30 AM
What's Soccer?
Goddam predictive txt! I'll guess it's an Americanism for fitba?

Phil MaGlass
14-12-2016, 09:43 AM
Its a pity the polis don´t put this amount of effort into the huns goading of away supporters and bigotry at ibrox, it´s easy to spot and pick these guys up without having to waste so much resources, on something like a pitch invasion. I know there were nutters on our side, but really, 114.

scoopyboy
14-12-2016, 10:26 AM
I can't help thinking that the investigators have been given a target number of convictions - as earlier cases are thrown out they start looking for others to pursue, which is why we're seeing the drip-feed effect.

Anyone whose picture has appeared in the papers and who hasn't been charged or convicted should be considering legal action against the papers and Police Scotland.

Risky game that.

It may be they haven't been charged or convicted because they haven't been identified.

Massive potential own goal there methinks.

Alex Trager
14-12-2016, 11:00 AM
What a waste of tax payers money this is.

A huge amount of police officers turning up at someone's house.

The investigation itself.

And the charges.

They are abominable.

Some of the reasons cited are an absolute farce.

Caversham Green
14-12-2016, 12:14 PM

Risky game that.

It may be they haven't been charged or convicted because they haven't been identified.

Massive potential own goal there methinks.

I was meaning anyone who had been identified but not charged/convicted.

scoopyboy
14-12-2016, 12:28 PM
[QUOTE=scoopyboy;4878880]

I was meaning anyone who had been identified but not charged/convicted.

I would agree with that.

Geo_1875
14-12-2016, 01:39 PM

Do you get much violence at the extreme soccer?

Earlydelivery
14-12-2016, 03:19 PM
Another 12 mug shots up all hibs fans .

scoopyboy
14-12-2016, 03:40 PM

Where about?

Earlydelivery
14-12-2016, 04:07 PM
Where about?
STV news or Glasgow police website , look up Scottish cup disorder .

southern hibby
14-12-2016, 05:08 PM
Question I'd like asked ( in two parts is) did the guy in the suit end up being caught/ charged for kicking out at hibsfan and if so is he anything to do with The Rangers team as first thought on here? Or has that been mysteriously swept under the carpet ???????

GGTTH

CropleyWasGod
14-12-2016, 05:25 PM

That's the ones that went up yesterday, no?

Not sure you can be certain that they're all Hibbies.

https://stv.tv/news/west-central/1375592-fresh-cctv-images-released-after-scottish-cup-final-disorder/

hibsboy69
14-12-2016, 05:30 PM
This has now reached the ludicrous stage !

The game was played SEVEN months ago FFS.

Police Scotland are now playing a purely political game.

Pathetic. :rolleyes:

CropleyWasGod
14-12-2016, 05:31 PM
Question I'd like asked ( in two parts is) did the guy in the suit end up being caught/ charged for kicking out at hibsfan and if so is he anything to do with The Rangers team as first thought on here? Or has that been mysteriously swept under the carpet ???????

GGTTH

Unless he pleads not guilty, it's unlikely that we'll ever know.

Danderhall Hibs
14-12-2016, 05:34 PM

https://stv.tv/news/west-central/1375592-fresh-cctv-images-released-after-scottish-cup-final-disorder/

183s James Keatings.

hibs0666
14-12-2016, 05:38 PM

It's quite clear that those chaps are guilty of being over-smiley.

DaveF
14-12-2016, 05:55 PM
It's quite clear that those chaps are guilty of being over-smiley.

Yep, case closed as clearly all of them are far too happy.

Police Scotland should move on and do some real ******g work.

fife hfc
14-12-2016, 06:27 PM
What a waste of tax payers money this is.

A huge amount of police officers turning up at someone's house.

The investigation itself.

And the charges.

They are abominable.

Some of the reasons cited are an absolute farce.

Out of interest what are some of the reasons cited?

Alex Trager
14-12-2016, 06:28 PM
Out of interest what are some of the reasons cited?

Excessive celebrating.

Knee sliding in a manner that could cause a riot- this is there or there abouts the wording used

Captain Trips
14-12-2016, 06:35 PM
Good work from the Police we can all sleep safer tonight knowing how much effort has gone in to get some of this Gesticulating and over zealous **** off the streets.

FFS Police turn it in, absolute joke 7 months on.

cabbageandribs1875
15-12-2016, 07:51 PM
a rather nawty sellick fan

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-38329560

A Celtic fan, who joined the Edinburgh celebrations after Hibernian beat Rangers in the Scottish Cup Final, has been jailed for 16 months for assault.

ancient hibee
15-12-2016, 07:54 PM
Typical OF(green section)glory hunter.

cabbageandribs1875
15-12-2016, 07:56 PM
Typical OF(green section)glory hunter.

jumped on the good ship hibs bandwagon, then came off the rails

oldbutdim
15-12-2016, 10:51 PM
Do you have both your ears.

Or anything between them?

Sir David Gray
15-12-2016, 11:46 PM
This has now reached the ludicrous stage !

The game was played SEVEN months ago FFS.

Police Scotland are now playing a purely political game.

Pathetic. :rolleyes:

Really, seven months?

I remember it like it was yesterday! :greengrin

pacorosssco
16-12-2016, 12:46 AM
How are images so late, must have been there when others were. It looks me like trying to even up arrests with them so looks better. No matter how long or what truth.

JimBHibees
16-12-2016, 07:54 AM
:rolleyes:

The Rangers fan who was attacked and was hospitalised has my sympathy and empathy for what was a vicious assault on a football supporter simply returning home from a match.

Totally could be anyone of us in same situation. Disgusting.

Betty Boop
16-12-2016, 08:39 AM
. I've got the t-shirt, too.

Does your teeshirt say I am a clownshoe ?

Pete
16-12-2016, 08:45 AM
Well done Lewis

Hallelujah!

Hiber-nation
16-12-2016, 09:04 AM
Hallelujah!

:tee hee:

Captain Trips
16-12-2016, 09:07 AM
Totally could be anyone of us in same situation. Disgusting.

Indeed

The idiots who went right up to the The Rangers fans and the idiot The Rangers fans who also came on are welcome to each other. I couldnt care less what happens to them.

This incident could have been on me or any fan getting home from a game whom has no interest in fighting folk that support different clubs, totally disgraceful behaviour.

Hibs please make sure "Mr Lewis" is banned from getting into ER when Celtic come back to play us again.

snooky
16-12-2016, 09:40 AM
You're getting a hard time for a glib remark. I reckon it's about 4/7 the hun wasn't completely blameless.

Tbh, unless he makes it clear the comment is intended as tongue-in-cheek, he deserves the hard time as the possible repercussions are obvious.
It's not "Hibs class", as they say.

snooky
17-12-2016, 10:26 AM
http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/14970692.Glasgow_brothers_told_they_are__a_disgrac e_to_Rangers__in_court/

Unlike some other media outlets, the Evening Times reporting that there were actually two TRFC fans on the park joining in with the othe WofS FC & Hibs fans fracas.

Bostonhibby
17-12-2016, 11:37 AM
http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/14970692.Glasgow_brothers_told_they_are__a_disgrac e_to_Rangers__in_court/

Unlike some other media outlets, the Evening Times reporting that there were actually two TRFC fans on the park joining in with the othe WofS FC & Hibs fans fracas.
Jeez, it's beginning to look like there were the huns on the pitch doing bad things after all[emoji6]

Whatever will the the rangers mouthpieces have to say about this bearing in mind their initial inability to condemn these model citizens who were seemingly only defending their players.

Pretty Boy
18-12-2016, 09:04 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-38352595

FFS. Although I do know one of those guys, and he's a hun. Tempted to do a Wallace....

macca70
18-12-2016, 09:39 AM

FFS. Although I do know one of those guys, and he's a hun. Tempted to do a Wallace....

This is now beyond ridiculous, there must be far more important issues that the Police should be putting there stretched resource onto.

Other than being on the pitch, there's no way there was this many folk breaking the law to warrant this length and detailed investigation.

Since90+2
18-12-2016, 09:45 AM
This is now beyond ridiculous, there must be far more important issues that the Police should be putting there stretched resource onto.

Other than being on the pitch, there's no way there was this many folk breaking the law to warrant this length and detailed investigation.

Its not against the law to be on the pitch.

Hibby70
18-12-2016, 11:07 AM
Once this is over I'm going to create a board game called Hibby or Hun. You turn the card over and it has one of these images on it. You then have to...... you get the idea.

First to reach the opposite end of Hampden wins the game. Some spaces have a bonus Halliday We've got this card which makes you think you've won but sends you back to the start.

Bostonhibby
18-12-2016, 11:36 AM
Once this is over I'm going to create a board game called Hibby or Hun. You turn the card over and it has one of these images on it. You then have to...... you get the idea.

First to reach the opposite end of Hampden wins the game. Some spaces have a bonus Halliday We've got this card which makes you think you've won but sends you back to the start.
Snakes and Hibbies?

oldbutdim
18-12-2016, 11:39 AM

There's no need to lower yourself to that level.

In any event I've contacted the police to say you're withholding evidence.

blackpoolhibs
18-12-2016, 11:41 AM
207, just shave it all off, you look daft with half a head of hair.

Mr White
18-12-2016, 12:51 PM
I can't decide if 194 looks more like Attilio Lombardo celebrating a goal or Duncan Goodhew preparing to take a bite out of a really big apple.

Nameless
18-12-2016, 01:07 PM

At last! Finally a picture of someone I recognise - I was beginning to think I wasn't a hibby after all.

jdships
18-12-2016, 01:32 PM

Absolutely correct in all you write :top marks:agree:
" Police Scotland" pumping thousands into a nice " easy" case where CCTV and thousands of
" witnesses" are available
Was this such a horrendous crime that it justifys spending mega bucks on it?
In September I phoned the local police re three youths attempting to enter a car at at 02.00 hrs . I gave them descriptions plus my wife also saw them
We have never been contacted either in person or by phone
This was followed three days later where two men attacked another close by. Again we reported it with descriptions and have never heard another word.
Seems " PS" pick and choose which incidents they respond to which allows the crime rate to be massaged
At 84 have little or no faith in " The Establishment" as it is set up in 2016 !

greenlex
18-12-2016, 01:36 PM
I can't decide if 194 looks more like Attilio Lombardo celebrating a goal or Duncan Goodhew preparing to take a bite out of a really big apple.

Despite jibes to the contrary it is not me.

Bostonhibby
18-12-2016, 01:50 PM
number 205 is obviously not your typical throwback to the 1690's ersehole, he's a fan of the new club The Rangers and he's got himself a hat badge to prove it, well I think it's a hat - could be blue hair with the badge tattooed on his forehead.

Jack Hackett
18-12-2016, 02:31 PM

Made me laugh...and I'd buy it :greengrin

BroxburnHibee
18-12-2016, 03:03 PM

Methinks you doth protest too much :tee hee:

Lago
18-12-2016, 03:12 PM

Brilliant:greengrin

Itsnoteasy
18-12-2016, 03:22 PM
Any Bonnyrigg fans arrested for invading the Dumbarton pitch after their Cup win ?

No, none, there's a surprise !

Why should they. Never seen them taunting the opposition. Just celebrated like most of the Hibs fans did.

Itsnoteasy
18-12-2016, 03:24 PM

Comedy Gold.

BroxburnHibee
18-12-2016, 03:54 PM

Methinks you doth protest too much :tee hee:

SON OF PADDY
18-12-2016, 07:32 PM

Quite simply brilliant 😂

marinello59
18-12-2016, 07:38 PM

Post of the year. :thumbsup:

scoopyboy
19-12-2016, 10:32 AM
Its not against the law to be on the pitch.

We will find out although I think you are right.

I think they're still on phase 2.

Phase 3 is the vandalism and phase 4 is the being on the pitch.

If you are right then there is no point in having a phase 4.

Mental if you ask me.

CropleyWasGod
19-12-2016, 10:35 AM

Mental if you ask me.

It's not against the law to be on the pitch. The independent enquiry suggested that the law be changed to make it so.

Hiber-nation
19-12-2016, 10:40 AM

:top marks

Moulin Yarns
19-12-2016, 10:46 AM

Mental if you ask me.

I don't know what anybody is worried about, the Police have a new approach to crime

http://www.scotsman.com/news/politics/police-issue-17-000-soft-touch-warnings-since-january-1-4320528

Bostonhibby
19-12-2016, 11:00 AM
I don't know what anybody is worried about, the Police have a new approach to crime

http://www.scotsman.com/news/politics/police-issue-17-000-soft-touch-warnings-since-january-1-4320528
Doesn't apply if the perpetrators beat the rangers though.

Especially when plod has been made to look stupid by being on the way to ibrox when they shouldn't have been[emoji6]

andrew70
19-12-2016, 11:35 AM
Doesn't apply if the perpetrators beat the rangers though.

Especially when plod has been made to look stupid by being on the way to ibrox when they shouldn't have been[emoji6]

Plus the whole thing is being conducted out of Govan Police Station. Impartial I think not.

trev the hat
19-12-2016, 09:06 PM
http://www.heraldscotland.com/opinion/14974281.Police_risk_scoring_an_own_goal/

chinaman
19-12-2016, 09:40 PM
12 pictures in today's press and journal .that's an Aberdeen newspaper. What a joke

Ilovehibs
19-12-2016, 10:06 PM
[QUOTE=Hibby70;4882355]Once this is over I'm going to create a board game called Hibby or Hun. You turn the card over and it has one of these images on it. You then have to...... you get the idea.

First to reach the opposite end of Hampden wins the game. Some spaces have a bonus Halliday We've got this card which makes you think you've won but sends you back to the start.[/QUOT

That is just brilliant mate. Would buy it in a heartbeat.

staunchhibby
19-12-2016, 10:10 PM
Sent an FOI to Scotland Police asking if any Rangers players have made a complaint of assault but they responded saying they would not release this info due to data protection act.

Man Down Under
20-12-2016, 12:29 PM

Haha, you can get a bonus Lee Wallace card which will tell you the right answer.

Sent from my SM-J200Y using Tapatalk

Bostonhibby
20-12-2016, 01:07 PM
Haha, you can get a bonus Lee Wallace card which will tell you the right answer.

[emoji106] There could be a do not wait to the end, do not pass go, head straight to ibrox card for the PC plod game figure.

Hibby70
20-12-2016, 01:22 PM
To begin the game you have to throw a 3 and a 2 to get over the digital advertising boards

WHAM
20-12-2016, 10:19 PM
More images released today..

http://www.scotland.police.uk/whats-happening/scottish-cup-final-investigation-images

Bostonhibby
20-12-2016, 10:32 PM
More images released today..

http://www.scotland.police.uk/whats-happening/scottish-cup-final-investigation-images

Really dinnae want to be a Lee Wallace, but is number 226 the Creature from the black lagoon, from the film of the same name?

mca
20-12-2016, 10:39 PM
To begin the game you have to throw a 3 and a 2 to get over the digital advertising boards

3-2.. to start the game.. i Couldnt stop laughing at that one.. This Games getting better.. :aok:

Bostonhibby
20-12-2016, 10:40 PM

:not worth:top marks

Bostonhibby
21-12-2016, 10:04 AM
Do you have to go straight to jail if the plod token lands on the same square as you? Or is it just exuberant hibbies that applies to?

Leith's finest
21-12-2016, 10:26 AM

First to reach the opposite end of Hampden wins the game. Some spaces have a bonus Halliday We've got this card which makes you think you've won but sends you back to the start. Do you only get the halliday card if you land on square 12 or 21?

Pretty Boy
21-12-2016, 10:34 AM
Do you have to go straight to jail if the plod token lands on the same square as you? Or is it just exuberant hibbies that applies to?

A go to jail card doesn't become active until 6 months after you draw it from the pack.

The magic hat card on the other hand initially sees you jump forward 10 spaces, unfortunately the more often it is drawn the less effective it becomes until eventually you just end up with the dice a lot but don't actually go anywhere.

Bostonhibby
21-12-2016, 12:29 PM
A go to jail card doesn't become active until 6 months after you draw it from the pack.

The magic hat card on the other hand initially sees you jump forward 10 spaces, unfortunately the more often it is drawn the less effective it becomes until eventually you just end up with the dice a lot but don't actually go anywhere.
[emoji106] The magic hat card could be trumped by the Joey Barton wild card and it can be fired off at any time.

There's also the the rangers defence card to play. Whatever they throw they only move forward half the distance to reflect their actual speed and reaction times.

matty_f
21-12-2016, 12:32 PM

If you're collared by the police you get a 10 year ban from board games.

trev the hat
21-12-2016, 02:04 PM
Land on the Stokes card & you fall down the Hampden steps before taking your seat in total bedlam & are awarded 25,000 sssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhh's !!

cabbageandribs1875
21-12-2016, 02:09 PM
who is going to hold the copyrights to this game if it starts selling in the shops

Pretty Boy
21-12-2016, 02:38 PM
The smokebomb card forces you to wear a blindfold and take it off when you are already a space behind everyone else in the game.

renato
21-12-2016, 02:51 PM

It's ok though - once you land on "go to jail", you just need to wait until West of Scotland FC are 2-1 ahead then you can simply move off, as the police have buggered off to Ibrox...

Bostonhibby
21-12-2016, 02:59 PM
It's ok though - once you land on "go to jail", you just need to wait until West of Scotland FC are 2-1 ahead then you can simply move off, as the police have buggered off to Ibrox...
That's scared me off, those west of Scotland FC and Scottish cup supporters were even worse than the followers of the now defunct Glasgow rangers used to be. No way I'd want to be on a games board with these new and dangerous thugs.

I'd never have known they existed if it wasn't for the daily record exposing this threat to us all.

northstandhibby
21-12-2016, 03:05 PM
That's scared me off, those west of Scotland FC and Scottish cup supporters were even worse than the followers of the now defunct Glasgow rangers used to be. No way I'd want to be on a games board with these new and dangerous thugs.

I'd never have known they existed if it wasn't for the daily record exposing this threat to us all.

:greengrin

Land on Jabba's square and miss two rolls of the dice while the smsm libel you.

stantonhibby
21-12-2016, 03:10 PM
Land on the Warburton square and you go missing for 6 weeks. If you pull the ' Stokesys on Fire' card you can put the Tavernier playing piece in your back pocket.

Bristolhibby
21-12-2016, 03:45 PM
If you are the blue player, the only way to win the game is if you happen to draw a "f***ing wand" card from the deck.
This has to be drawn while wearing a magic hat.

J

Leith's finest
21-12-2016, 03:58 PM
If you are the blue player, the only way to win the game is if you happen to draw a "f***ing wand" card from the deck.

Jshould that not be a f@nnies hat lol

snooky
21-12-2016, 04:04 PM
Remember, you can always use your "Get out of Jail" card.
It's the card with the man on the white steed.

Pretty Boy
21-12-2016, 04:04 PM

J

The joker in the pack of course is the 'lodge referee' cards which guarantee the blue player a free roll of the dice late in the game. Should the blue player be behind the game doesn't stop until this card has been drawn.

Bostonhibby
21-12-2016, 04:12 PM
Could the players be represented as they are in Cluedo?

For example instead of the reverend Green, we could have cheeky Charlie Green, Mrs White could be Craig White, Professor Plum, well Warburton slots in nicely there, and so on.............

Smartie
21-12-2016, 04:45 PM
should that not be a f@nnies hat lol

You're getting mixed up with another game - "How to get a result against Dumbarton".

The f@nnies hat is perfectly adequate to guarantee a victory at that game.

But not this one.

Hibby70
21-12-2016, 10:40 PM
The prototype is coming along nicely in time for the upcoming season of Dragons Den. I'm currently working on a surprise buckaroo element where if you land on the wrong square a wee plastic Rangers official comes shooting out of the dugout and volleys your player out of the board.

Bostonhibby
21-12-2016, 10:44 PM
The prototype is coming along nicely in time for the upcoming season of Dragons Den. I'm currently working on a surprise buckaroo element where if you land on the wrong square a wee plastic Rangers official comes shooting out of the dugout and volleys your player out of the board.

Can you think of a way to include the wee frozen faced hun type who was standing right behind the presentation of the cup? He was definitely an SFA blazer, maybe even the security guy. I've ran out of ideas:greengrin

Stax
21-12-2016, 11:07 PM
You've just described my post Christmas dinner snooze and the bairns going wtf is goin on wi dads jerky legs

Man Down Under
22-12-2016, 01:57 AM
When the police horse card comes into play, roll a 6 to punch it and progress up the board.

snooky
22-12-2016, 02:14 AM
Note: there are no Hearts in this pack of cards.
There were in the first batch made but they were lost leaders.

BH Hibs
22-12-2016, 03:09 AM
If you draw the David Gray card you win the game immediately and advance to square 92 where you become knighted and named King of the Universe however you are not allowed to celebrate your victory.

The Green Goblin
22-12-2016, 09:16 AM
If you draw a card with a "Leg" and a "Drop of Water" drawn on them, you have to spit on and kick every single opposition player card. Double points are earned if you play the "Trench" card, where you have 60 seconds to turn the game into "scenes from World War 1".

CropleyWasGod
22-12-2016, 09:52 AM
Hibernian Retro have brought out a similar game, but failed to check the copyright, and are being sued by Hibs.net for millions.

LithgaeHibby
22-12-2016, 10:38 AM
Land on the Martin Boyle square and you have to take five drinks.:party:

Leith's finest
22-12-2016, 10:52 AM
It must be stressed that kids under 16 playing this board game must have adult supervision, just incase you land on the Stokes square as it lights up on fire

wookie70
22-12-2016, 10:57 AM
When a player eventually wins he won't be able to lift the cup straight up. He will have to turn to the other players hold his arms out in front and whilst wiggling his fingers shout woahhhhhhh before lifting the cup.

Keith_M
22-12-2016, 11:05 AM
Similar to 'playing the Race Card', the player has the option of 'playing the PC Card', where they're allowed to excuse their behaviour on one occasion only by claiming that everything is 'Political Correctness Gone Mad'

Springbank
22-12-2016, 11:06 AM
I'd love to see a photo of Lee Wallace from that day, standing next to a "Keep Off The Grass" sign.

No reason...

Bostonhibby
22-12-2016, 11:07 AM
When a player eventually wins he won't be able to lift the cup straight up. He will have to turn to the other players hold his arms out in front and whilst wiggling his fingers shout woahhhhhhh before lifting the cup.
Eventually is the word!

When a hibby wins there will be a big stern faced roaster demanding an enquiry and that all hibbies are banned from playing forever.

Is there any scope for including a the rangers abduction card where as soon you make the pitch a big fat hun runs on and tries to abduct you?

LithgaeHibby
22-12-2016, 11:26 AM
There's a "Hanlon Hill" square. If you land on that, you have to miss a turn whilst jumping up and down doing the "Stokesy's on Fire".

itslegaltender
22-12-2016, 11:51 AM
If you land on the Youtube square, you are required to watch all fans reactions to final minutes related videos including those of Hibbys around the world watching the game. This viewing usually lasts in advance of 2 hours with your wife asking why you are watching the same thing all over again.

If no tears are produced, then you miss a turn and are required to look at all versions of SOL from that day until said tears run from eye to chin.

Captain Trips
22-12-2016, 12:00 PM
Meanwhile at operation pitch invasion HQ:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/13/3a/2a/133a2adedb36c021bc70b38d836159f0.jpg

Captain Trips
22-12-2016, 12:06 PM
After extensive investigation:

CropleyWasGod
22-12-2016, 12:25 PM
The inventors of the game have got into financial difficulties, unfortunately, and have had to sell their assets.

Waddingtons have agreed to buy the assets.......

Does that mean that it's the same game, or a new one?

:cb

aljo7-0
22-12-2016, 12:34 PM
The inventors of the game have got into financial difficulties, unfortunately, and have had to sell their assets.

Well that depends on whether you are a normal person or a deluded zombie.

Siralbertkidd
22-12-2016, 12:45 PM
Note: there are no Hearts in this pack of cards.
There were in the first batch made but they were lost leaders.

Are they not The Jokers? or Chokers?

Smartie
22-12-2016, 12:51 PM
Ten squares from the end there is a "Filth" square.

Any player playing the game who is in the police force has to leave and make their way to Ibrox as quickly as possible for the game winning celebrations.

Jack Hackett
22-12-2016, 01:09 PM
Only downside I can see is that you have to wait 114 years before you get to play it. Well worth the wait though :greengrin

snooky
22-12-2016, 03:58 PM
After learning that they've charged a 101 year old man in England for distasteful criminal acts in his past, I hope anyone out there who ran onto the field in 1902 doesn't have the impression that they've got away with it.
The Govan polis are going through the old photo from that game as I write. :wink:

blackpoolhibs
22-12-2016, 04:00 PM
After learning that they've charged a 101 year old man in England for distasteful criminal acts in his past, I hope anyone out there who ran onto the field in 1902 does have the impression that they've got away with it.
The Govan polis are going through the old photo from that game as I write. :wink:

I have spotted johnnyboy in there.

JimBHibees
22-12-2016, 04:06 PM

:faf::faf::greengrin

Jonnyboy
22-12-2016, 04:42 PM

Standing next to you, G 😂

blackpoolhibs
22-12-2016, 04:45 PM

CorrieHibs
22-12-2016, 05:50 PM
Still raging

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/hibs-win-over-rangers-biggest-9497908

northstandhibby
22-12-2016, 05:56 PM
Still raging

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/hibs-win-over-rangers-biggest-9497908

So am I at the Daily Ranger over a long list of bias against us and bias for the huns so refuse to click on their link.

No offence to you bud :greengrin.

Scottish Cup Winners 2016 and very deservedly so, couldn't care less what the huns are raging about now.

Jonnyboy
22-12-2016, 05:58 PM
Still raging

Ralston is a dick

jonty
22-12-2016, 06:00 PM

You wouldn't have been spotted if you were behind him :wink:

snooky
22-12-2016, 06:13 PM
Still raging

The most truthful sentence line in that article is "That day in the sun will be remembered by many for all the wrong reasons".

From his point of view, he is perfectly correct - Rangers didn't win.
:na na: :giruy2: :dummytit: :bye: :violin: :partyhibb

Hermit Crab
22-12-2016, 06:40 PM
British Pathe news 1969......... Any action taken against the sore losers? https://youtu.be/U2rr6cEJVds

hibby6270
22-12-2016, 06:43 PM
So. It's just been announced that Police Scotland have run up a £190 million budget deficit (in other words, they've overspent as I understand it), yet they still seem to be able to continue this witch hunt.

Surely this says their resources should be diverted to deal with more serious crimes?

Bostonhibby
22-12-2016, 06:54 PM
British Pathe news 1969......... Any action taken against the sore losers? https://youtu.be/U2rr6cEJVds
There's a pattern emerging, fans of the now defunct Glasgow rangers getting on the pitch and affecting the jubilation of the winners. Commentator mentioned the J word way back then[emoji6]

HibbyAndy
22-12-2016, 06:56 PM
The day after Kilmarnock had a pitch invasion in the playoffs WTF:rolleyes: Any action taken there ?

Jonnyboy
22-12-2016, 09:15 PM

blackpoolhibs
22-12-2016, 10:01 PM

Of course you would still have been spotted John, you are a lot taller than me. :greengrin

Jonnyboy
22-12-2016, 10:07 PM
Of course you would still have been spotted John, you are a lot taller than me. :greengrin

Plus, I was swinging on the crossbar :greengrin

oldbutdim
22-12-2016, 10:37 PM
Plus, I was swinging on the crossbar :greengrin

Excellent balance for a bloke of your age.

I always thought that behaviour was more suited to private parties, but if Tommy Sheridan and Billy Davies can brag about it then why shouldn't you.

I wondered where you'd disappeared to that night in Copenhagen.

No note.
No flowers.

Bristolhibby
22-12-2016, 11:03 PM

If the Blue player is deemed bankrupt, player Blue can select another blue token and continue the game. Player Blue will however have to begin the game at the lowest league.

Player Blue must continue the game with a chip on their shoulder.

Upon playing the Green player in the Final, the game can only be won by rolling a 3 & a 2 in the 92nd minute.

At the end of the game the Green player must advance to the centre of the board. While this is happening the Blue player must use the "extreme provocation card" and also advance into the centre of the board.

Once the Blue player leaves the centre of the board, the green player will be awarded the Cup.

J

itslegaltender
23-12-2016, 09:05 AM
BBC at it again on Sportsound last night. Playing the clips of the year, the winning goal requested by a Jambo. Que brief discussion afterwards on how the game was overshadowed by the disgracefull scenes after the game. Still hurting.

The Green Goblin
23-12-2016, 09:47 AM
BBC at it again on Sportsound last night. Playing the clips of the year, the winning goal requested by a Jambo. Que brief discussion afterwards on how the game was overshadowed by the disgracefull scenes after the game. Still hurting.

There was a broadcast of the radio commentary for Gray's goal?? Is there a podcast of it?

Funny, isn't it, how Sportsound roundly condemned the post final scenes, but I can't remember a peep out of them over Hearts shafting everyone. It was all creaming themselves over "5-1" and when they were in bother, it was "plucky old Hearts show great spirit to survive" etc. Only Cosgrove came out on OTB and called them cheats.

Col2
23-12-2016, 09:55 AM
There was a broadcast of the radio commentary for Gray's goal?? Is there a podcast of it?

Funny, isn't it, how Sportsound roundly condemned the post final scenes, but I can't remember a peep out of them over Hearts shafting everyone. It was all creaming themselves over "5-1" and when they were in bother, it was "plucky old Hearts show great spirit to survive" etc. Only Cosgrove came out on OTB and called them cheats.

They had Ryan McGowan on the previous night and were willing him to meantion the 5-1 as many time as they could. That fud Kenny the host was beside himself. He then said to McGowan "the players must have bonded even more when they were not getting paid surely Ryan" as if it was something out of Disney movie... Hereos the lot of them and no sign of cheating at all.

I did laugh though as the volume of texts coming in for McGowan talking about the wee team and the 5-1 was clearly a reaction to the yam fuds having nothing to crow about since May 21st 2016. They are still in mourning.

LithgaeHibby
23-12-2016, 10:10 AM
I did laugh though as the volume of texts coming in for McGowan talking about the wee team and the 5-1 was clearly a reaction to the yam fuds having nothing to crow about since May 21st 2016. They are still in mourning.

They might have bounced straight back up from the Championship and finished third last season, but at the end of the day the only thing that really matters to them is what happened when they were 2-0 up with 10 minutes to go. Thanks Replay Robbie!

Springbank
23-12-2016, 10:31 AM
They might have bounced straight back up from the Championship and finished third last season, but at the end of the day the only thing that really matters to them is what happened when they were 2-0 up with 10 minutes to go. Thanks Replay Robbie!

A robbie neilson haiku

No style no bottle
Money spinning replay though

Killiehibbie
23-12-2016, 10:49 AM
The day after Kilmarnock had a pitch invasion in the playoffs WTF:rolleyes: Any action taken there ?There would only be trouble and action taken if the huns were the beaten team and also invaded the pitch looking for a fight.

hibby6270
23-12-2016, 02:26 PM

Think this might be the page that has last nights available to download?
Can't download onto iPad, so not 100% sure.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p02nrsc7/episodes/downloads

Broken Gnome
23-12-2016, 04:12 PM
Think this might be the page that has last nights available to download?
Can't download onto iPad, so not 100% sure.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p02nrsc7/episodes/downloads

Not on it.

Even more infuriatingly, the previous night's podcast is about an hour long while this one is only 36 minutes.

Deansy
23-12-2016, 05:52 PM
Still raging

'Initial exuberance gave way to thuggish misbehaviour as Gers players and staff were confronted, with the Ibrox club alleging their squad were assaulted by supporters.

Ah, so it's now solely down to the Hun's accusations - when the 'tard' originally reported on it, it was written as if every man and his dog had witnessed these 'events' (99% of which DIDN'T happen) and were accusing/condeming us ??. The 'tard' and the Hun were as one at the time !.

Wonder why the back-tracking now ?

CyberSauzee
01-03-2017, 05:50 PM
A Sevco fan fined -

http://www.glasgowlive.co.uk/news/glasgow-news/rangers-fan-fined-given-two-12676251

What's happened to the West of Scotland FC supporters?

lapsedhibee
01-03-2017, 06:31 PM
A Sevco fan fined -

http://www.glasgowlive.co.uk/news/glasgow-news/rangers-fan-fined-given-two-12676251

"His defence lawyer Miss Wallace said his actions were due to the fact he had been ‘drinking all day’ and were completely out of character for him."

Laywer letting her client down there, failing to mention his real motive for going on to the pitch. Does the legal system care nothing for the safety of footballers?

Springbank
01-03-2017, 07:43 PM
If drinking all day was the defence, he did really well to not invade the pitch for 90+4 minutes (especially as there would have been no booze in the ground)
Id have liked to hear how the drink hadn't affected him til David grays goal, the final whistle, and the universally understood exuberance that the long suffering Hibs support were engulfed in, after sudden release from 114 years of gloom in the Cup.
It was purely the drink, aye?

KdyHby
27-08-2017, 08:09 PM
Pre match today, two police officers holding multiple pages of pictures and descriptions scanning Hibs supporters as they arrived. The investigation's still ongoing..........

Bostonhibby
27-08-2017, 08:20 PM
A Sevco fan fined -

They all ran back to Norn Irn and hid until the storm died down?

Sir David Gray
27-08-2017, 08:23 PM
Pre match today, two police officers holding multiple pages of pictures and descriptions scanning Hibs supporters as they arrived. The investigation's still ongoing..........

I wonder if they were doing the same up in Dingwall this afternoon? :rolleyes:

Firestarter
27-08-2017, 08:24 PM

Absolute joke tbh.

greenlex
27-08-2017, 08:27 PM
Possibly but how do you know it's connected to the cup final nonsense? I know for a fact they still monitor Hibs crowds for basic hooligan activity. Might not have the facial recognition technology in Dundee.

Bristolhibby
27-08-2017, 08:33 PM

That's total bull****! ( not your response) but the cops.

Not wanting to sound cliche (as I'm sure the grunt PCs are only following g orde s). But what a total waste of tax payers money.

Remember we are all taxpayers, and they are government servants.

J

SmashinGlass
28-08-2017, 10:50 AM
My mate was up at Glasgow Sheriff Court on Thursday for his trial. We got there at 9.40am and his lawyer spoke with him briefly. By 9.45am she had come back out of the courtroom and informed him that the PF "would not be taking the case forward".

An absolute waste of time, money and effort from all involved. However, one of the most amusing things about this particular case is that his indictment sheet stated that he had incited violence by (and I quote) "blowing a kiss towards the Rangers fans". Seriously!

Jack
28-08-2017, 10:56 AM
My mate was up at Glasgow Sheriff Court on Thursday for his trial. We got there at 9.40am and his lawyer spoke with him briefly. By 9.45am she had come back out of the courtroom and informed him that the PF "would not be taking the case forward".

An absolute waste of time, money and effort from all involved. However, one of the most amusing things about this particular case is that his indictment sheet stated that he had incited violence by (and I quote) "blowing a kiss towards the Rangers fans". Seriously!

While I don't have all the information to hand from what I've seen and heard the vast majority of cases against Hibs Supporters have failed as the cases have got closer to court or thrown out in court.

What a waste of money, police and court time.

RyeSloan
28-08-2017, 10:56 AM

It would be laughable if it wasn't for the waste of time and money for all involved.

Trumped up charges that the PF then has nothing to prosecute on but still needs a lawyer to be engaged and attend court for. Pathetic.

CropleyWasGod
28-08-2017, 11:22 AM
It would be laughable if it wasn't for the waste of time and money for all involved.

Trumped up charges that the PF then has nothing to prosecute on but still needs a lawyer to be engaged and attend court for. Pathetic.The PF doesn't need to take them forward though. If they think that there is no case, it shouldn't be going to Court

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

wpj
28-08-2017, 11:27 AM

Imagine if he'd cupped his ears as well?

Keith_M
28-08-2017, 11:30 AM
Imagine if he'd cupped his ears as well?

Death penalty.

Killiehibbie
28-08-2017, 12:00 PM
While I don't have all the information to hand from what I've seen and heard the vast majority of cases against Hibs Supporters have failed as the cases have got closer to court or thrown out in court.

Which is why nobody should ever plead guilty before their case gets to trial.

snooky
28-08-2017, 12:03 PM

Not a waste of time or money if you are one of the lawyers.
Ka-ching, ka-ching. Luvly jubbly.

RyeSloan
28-08-2017, 12:24 PM
The PF doesn't need to take them forward though. If they think that there is no case, it shouldn't be going to Court

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

You would think so but here we have the case rolling into court only for the PF to state they won't be taking the case forward. One look at the charge and you have to wonder how on earth it ever got that far...

I've know someone who had a similar experience. Despite the trivial matter being clearly time barred and the PF being notified of exactly why, the PF insisted on progressing the case. Money spent on lawyers attending court to tell the court the case was time barred. PF requests time to consider and lo and behold a couple of weeks later agree the case is time barred. £500 on lawyers fees gone, never to be recovered all because the PF ignored the most basic of facts and insisted on taking the case to court. Farcical just like the example given on this thread.

Seems to me the Scottish Justice system is run as a cabal and no one gives a toss about the poor old people being wrongly accused or the pathetic failings of the PF to even consider the fundament facts of a case before bringing the nonsense to a hearing. Seems all is fine as long as everyone is taking their cut.

Pretty Boy
28-08-2017, 12:35 PM

Not just a waste of money but potentially causing people undeserved worry and stress for over a year for no reason at all.

The whole thing is a disgrace.

Future17
28-08-2017, 12:39 PM
Which is why nobody should ever plead guilty before their case gets to trial.

That is absolute nonsense.

Deansy
28-08-2017, 12:43 PM
Surely it's time Hollyrood had a look at the gross waste of money and time to the tax-payer - ALL because the Hun can't take defeat ??

SmashinGlass
28-08-2017, 12:54 PM
Surely it's time Hollyrood had a look at the gross waste of money and time to the tax-payer - ALL because the Hun can't take defeat ??

Following a chat with my mate on the train back (and subsequent celebratory beers) we're both going to contact our respective MSP's and try and get them to ask the question. Apparently, from our bus alone, 9 folk were charged. Of that 9, 1 pled guilty early doors, got a small fine and 6 month ban and the other 8 were either thrown out or had not guilty pleas accepted.

This tells me the whole situation is a systematic waste of money and resources and Police Scotland, as well as the PF need brought to account for it!

Since90+2
28-08-2017, 01:17 PM
It would be interesting to know the total cost of the investigation , in terms of police and PF hours , and how many convictions were actually gained.

Jack Hackett
28-08-2017, 01:29 PM
Following a chat with my mate on the train back (and subsequent celebratory beers) we're both going to contact our respective MSP's and try and get them to ask the question. Apparently, from our bus alone, 9 folk were charged. Of that 9, 1 pled guilty early doors, got a small fine and 6 month ban and the other 8 were either thrown out or had not guilty pleas accepted.

This tells me the whole situation is a systematic waste of money and resources and Police Scotland, as well as the PF need brought to account for it!

Pertinent questions to put :-

How many man hours have been spent on an incident which lasted 10-15 mins?

How much has it cost?

How many have been charged?

How many have been convicted?

How much longer will this ****ing farce continue?

WhileTheChief..
28-08-2017, 01:50 PM
If the police were going after Rangers fans for singin sectarian songs would that also be classed as a waste of time and money?

oldbutdim
28-08-2017, 01:57 PM
If the police were going after Rangers fans for singin sectarian songs would that also be classed as a waste of time and money?

That would be classed as a miracle.

High-On-Hibs
28-08-2017, 01:58 PM
That is absolute nonsense.

It's not really. The longer it drags on, the more likely you are to walk away relatively unscathed.

Future17
28-08-2017, 02:13 PM
It's not really. The longer it drags on, the more likely you are to walk away relatively unscathed.

And the longer your sentence if convicted.

Killiehibbie
28-08-2017, 02:58 PM
That is absolute nonsense.Anybody putting their hands and saying fair cop needs their head examined. Why would you plead guilty without getting a chance to see the evidence against you?

DarlingtonHibee
28-08-2017, 03:08 PM
That made me laugh lol!!!

ancient hibee
28-08-2017, 05:16 PM

Best joke of the season this early.

Moulin Yarns
29-08-2017, 12:58 PM
I can't find it online anywhere, but the Dundee Evening Telegraph had a billboard outside a local shop here in Perth about "Hibs Yob Vile Rant on Dens Stairs"

This maybe what happened on Sunday

Future17
29-08-2017, 01:00 PM
Anybody putting their hands and saying fair cop needs their head examined. Why would you plead guilty without getting a chance to see the evidence against you?

You get to see the evidence against you before trial.

There are all sorts of reasons why you might plead guilty, not least of which is the possibility of reduced charges and/or sentence.

BullsCloseHibs
29-08-2017, 02:16 PM

Isn't it great the Police f****d up BIG time here :greengrin

silverhibee
29-08-2017, 02:54 PM
And the longer your sentence if convicted.

If you go to trial and found guilty then yes, but you can plead not guilty at the 1st appearance in court and the judge will set a date for trial and a date before trial to see if the accused still wants to go to trial or plead guilty after consulting with the lawyer to see what kind of evidence there is against you, if you change your plea to guilty the judge will take that in to consideration and deal with you with a lesser fine/jailtime or what ever the judge passes down as a sentence, you would have been mad to plead guilty at the 1st appearance in court not knowing any evidence against you regards to what happened at Hampden.

Future17
29-08-2017, 05:52 PM
If you go to trial and found guilty then yes, but you can plead not guilty at the 1st appearance in court and the judge will set a date for trial and a date before trial to see if the accused still wants to go to trial or plead guilty after consulting with the lawyer to see what kind of evidence there is against you, if you change your plea to guilty the judge will take that in to consideration and deal with you with a lesser fine/jailtime or what ever the judge passes down as a sentence, you would have been mad to plead guilty at the 1st appearance in court not knowing any evidence against you regards to what happened at Hampden.

I don't disagree with any of that, but that's not what was being said on this thread.

The amount of people who end up in worse legal situations because they listened to the wrong person is very high in my experience.

Killiehibbie
29-08-2017, 06:45 PM
You get to see the evidence against you before trial.

There are all sorts of reasons why you might plead guilty, not least of which is the possibility of reduced charges and/or sentence.
Maybe i should have said don't plead guilty before a trial date has been set and you get a chance to see what evidence, if any, they actually have. I have heard about people pleading guilty and getting fined for nothing more than being on the pitch at Hampden, if what they are saying is true.

ColinNish
29-08-2017, 07:04 PM
PFs don't look at cases like these till probably day before trial date as they simply don't have time as they are understaffed. Hence why loads are "no case to answer".