PDA

View Full Version : West lower boo boys

Blaster
10-12-2016, 09:56 PM
Hope you enjoyed your liquid lunch boys. You certainly made a mark today

You will know who you are. Usually you make the odd comment that triggers a bite. But today you excelled. Normally I bite because whatever 11 our manager decides to put on the park I support whether or not I agree with his selection. I trust his judgment till at least half time hoping its right

You guys gave him 2 more mins. 2 flipping mins. Home advantage my ass. Screaming at players telling them how crap they are. Yeah that will help. Were we good in the first half? No we weren't. But you guys made your mind up before we kicked off

I've never heard such vile stuff towards our team even when we were winning. I've never seen so many people tell you to shut up because it was simply wrong

One guy said I support the club by being here. No. Financially maybe but proper support eh no. Everyone can have their moments, me included

But today was ridiculous and made the 90 mins for fellow fans very uncomfortable

bingo70
10-12-2016, 10:08 PM
I was a newbie to the west lower today and I wondered what was going on, certainly seemed to be a few getting on the nerves of many.

PISTOL1875
10-12-2016, 10:13 PM
Is this all about the shouting name swearing that was going on just after half time ???

PatHead
10-12-2016, 10:15 PM
Where about in the west lower?

Blaster
10-12-2016, 10:16 PM
West lower section 7

Was rubbish from early doors but worse after half time

givescotlandfreedom
10-12-2016, 10:21 PM
Jingle Bells, jingle bells

Blaster
10-12-2016, 10:22 PM
Jingle Bells, jingle bells

Did you start singing that 😂😂

bingo70
10-12-2016, 10:43 PM
Is this all about the shouting name swearing that was going on just after half time ???

I first noticed it when hibs had a corner just after the second half started, Cummings came across to take it and had a brief laugh with Mcgeouch and heard someone shout something like "shut the **** up ya ****in clown...." my first impression was that some idiot was giving stick to JC for having a laugh before taking the kick off butbin hindsight the person I heard was probably giving stick to the people mentioned earlier on this thread

Northernhibee
10-12-2016, 10:44 PM
The stewards should really start kicking out people who are going OTT if they ignore a polite warning. It spoils it for those around them and can't help on the pitch either.

Jonnyboy
10-12-2016, 10:45 PM
I was aware of these cretins and I'm delighted to say that a broad section of the surrounding fans told them to shut the f up. Why folk like that bother to attend is beyond me

Mikey09
10-12-2016, 10:48 PM
No wonder Lennon says the Hibs away support is way better than at home with fuds like this. Pathetic.

bingo70
10-12-2016, 10:52 PM
The stewards should really start kicking out people who are going OTT if they ignore a polite warning. It spoils it for those around them and can't help on the pitch either.

Stewards are there to show people to their seats, IMO it's not fair to ask these stewards on what I imagine is minimum wage to start dealing with these idiots, we pay a pretty penny to the police, they should be the ones getting involved.

In my normal seats in the west upper there's a bunch of posh idiots that go absolutely wild if things aren't going our way, I won't be renewing next season there because of them and it's a shame as they're good seats and everyone else around us is great. I'll be taking my son next season every week though and he'd be terrified by there behaviour. IMO though if they were jakeballs behaving the way these idiots do they would have been thrown out a long time ago.

Bobo
10-12-2016, 11:01 PM
One guy in particular was totally cattled and started sounding off right from the start, the other guy is an over-opinionated f@nny who shouts and screaches every week, he likes the sound of his own voice too much. He was chipping in more than usual today and seemed to enjoy egging on the drunk guy in order to annoy everyone else ... the guy's a total roaster.

10-12-2016, 11:05 PM

You will know who you are. Usually you make the odd comment that triggers a bite. But today you excelled. Normally I bite because whatever 11 our manager decides to put on the park I support whether or not I agree with his selection. I trust his judgment till at least half time hoping its right

You guys gave him 2 more mins. 2 flipping mins. Home advantage my ass. Screaming at players telling them how crap they are. Yeah that will help. Were we good in the first half? No we weren't. But you guys made your mind up before we kicked off

I've never heard such vile stuff towards our team even when we were winning. I've never seen so many people tell you to shut up because it was simply wrong

One guy said I support the club by being here. No. Financially maybe but proper support eh no. Everyone can have their moments, me included

But today was ridiculous and made the 90 mins for fellow fans very uncomfortable

Ok precious. Maybe getting hurt by a few sweary words should tell you that maybe football isn't your sport. Perhaps bowls or dominoes?

Not trying to be wide but getting all upset at folk shouting and swearing is perhaps an indication that your in the wrong sport.

ionahibby
Nothing to do with us huffing and puffing and struggling against teams like Dumbarton. I'm no way saying what these folk were shouting was right like most folk I wish they would shut up but they sort of folk will always complain when we aren't playing our best. Let's be honest we should be winning 4-5 goal margin against these teams.

givescotlandfreedom
Did you start singing that 😂😂

Not guilty but I did find it funny ha ha

Northernhibee
10-12-2016, 11:11 PM
Ok precious. Maybe getting hurt by a few sweary words should tell you that maybe football isn't your sport. Perhaps bowls or dominoes?

Not trying to be wide but getting all upset at folk shouting and swearing is perhaps an indication that your in the wrong sport.

I think you are. There's a difference between "shouting and swearing" and "abuse".

JoeT_WasTheBest
10-12-2016, 11:12 PM

I know you're replying to someone else but I'll just say I'm not precious, I just think it was out of order and made a poor game and atmosphere much worse. No need IMHO, and in many others too.

Mikey09
10-12-2016, 11:13 PM

Nah he's not precious he's just a guy who gets hacked off with the experts in our support who no matter how well we play want to spout their pish at our players. It's boring, it's uncalled for, it's embarrassing and it's infuriating.

H113EE5
10-12-2016, 11:18 PM

Eh!!!!!!! you're an absolute numpty. Why should my enjoyment be spoiled by idiots like you who can't string two words together without a f*** or c*** or b******, et al. You're post is an indication of your lack of social awareness. Football supporters don't need or want to be around thugs/idiots/cavemen like you. To use your own vocabulary, eff-off stay at home and swear at the racing on TV. You and people like you are not wanted at Easter Road

SaulGoodman
10-12-2016, 11:19 PM
They were at it from the first minute.

The boy with the glasses likes a moan and there's always a bit of back and forward between him and others but it's more banter than anything else and he's harmless enough if you talk to him.

The folk along from him today though were on another level. Shouting abuse at everyone they could think of from the first minute.

I'd like to take credit for Hanlons opener

bingo70
10-12-2016, 11:21 PM
Eh!!!!!!! you're an absolute numpty. Why should my enjoyment be spoiled by idiots like you who can't string two words together without a f*** or c*** or b******, et al. You're post is an indication of your lack of social awareness. Football supporters don't need or want to be around thugs/idiots/cavemen like you. To use your own vocabulary, eff-off stay at home and swear at the racing on TV. You and people like you are not wanted at Easter Road

I don't think many people have a problem with sweary words, it's the tone and aggressive nature of them that causes the problem IMO.

Well that's the case for me anyway.

10-12-2016, 11:22 PM
Nah he's not precious he's just a guy who gets hacked off with the experts in our support who no matter how well we play want to spout their pish at our players. It's boring, it's uncalled for, it's embarrassing and it's infuriating.

old argument of "he pays his money, entitled to his opinion". might not agree with it but we all want to support hibs, we just do it in different ways.

Lago
10-12-2016, 11:26 PM

Were you in the West today?

kevinc
10-12-2016, 11:26 PM
old argument of "he pays his money, entitled to his opinion". might not agree with it but we all want to support hibs, we just do it in different ways.

Constant criticism and screaming like a prick does not constitute support, if you can't handle you drink don't take it.

10-12-2016, 11:27 PM

LOL i'm an idiot/thug/caveman? HAHAHA

I wasn't even near this "incident" and have never shouted one of those words at the game

10-12-2016, 11:28 PM
Were you in the West today?

Nope

stoneyburn hibs
10-12-2016, 11:29 PM
Where in the west lower? Never negative in the area I sit, around 8 rows back from the home dug-out.

SaulGoodman

He wasn't supporting anyone he was screaming from the first minute and wanting an argument with anyone near him because he's a wannabe hardman fanny

Constant criticism and screaming like a prick does not constitute support, if you can't handle you drink don't take it.

Haven't touched a drink today thank you :)

SaulGoodman
10-12-2016, 11:30 PM
LOL i'm an idiot/thug/caveman? HAHAHA

I wasn't even near this "incident" and have never shouted one of those words at the game

So why the **** are you trying to belittle other posters that were near what was going on when you've not got a clue what was said or what was happening?

kevinc
10-12-2016, 11:31 PM

Just at the wind up then

keep the faith
10-12-2016, 11:34 PM

Well I'm delighted that people in the west lower are starting to tell these idiots they are spoiling match days. There are some real moaners in there who simply need to have a fall guy. Stevenson and fyvie filling that role which once belonged to liam craig.
There is some good banter in this stand but the serial whingers do absolutely nothing for the team on the park or the atmosphere in the stadium.
That's not about being precious. It's about being both bored and fed up with people who think that slating our players every week helps in any way.

10-12-2016, 11:37 PM
So why the **** are you trying to belittle other posters that were near what was going on when you've not got a clue what was said or what was happening?

Because i've been near it in the past. I've been near folk shouting abuse at the team. Yes, I don't like it but these folk have still paid their money to come along.

Northernhibee
10-12-2016, 11:39 PM
Because i've been near it in the past. I've been near folk shouting abuse at the team. Yes, I don't like it but these folk have still paid their money to come along.
It still doesn't give them the right to give abuse to the players.

Lago
10-12-2016, 11:40 PM
Seems a strange way to support Hibs.

SaulGoodman
10-12-2016, 11:42 PM

Would you not have been better making this your first post in this thread instead of the one where you called someone precious and that they should take up dominoes?

Mikey09
10-12-2016, 11:43 PM

Ah... That old chestnut. "Uv paid ma money so um entitled tae shout whatever ah want!"

Biggest load of pish I've ever heard.

SaulGoodman
I'm going to go the pantomime and shout abuse at Grant Stott for the whole thing because I paid my money to get in so that's okay

Seems a strange way to support Hibs.

Don't think they would pay money to come see hibs if they didnt care about the club.

I was furious today at the performance and the team. I genuinely couldn't critiscise a single player. The greatest hibs team in history picked apart from someone more interested in media appearances and Celtic. Thats not hyperbole.

Lago
10-12-2016, 11:46 PM
Don't think they would pay money to come see hibs if they didnt care about the club.
Nope don't think they really care about Hibs, abuse from the 2nd minute dosen't strike me as caring about the club.

10-12-2016, 11:46 PM
Ah... That old chestnut. "Uv paid ma money so um entitled tae shout whatever ah want!"

Biggest load of pish I've ever heard.

Is it aye :)

kevinc
10-12-2016, 11:51 PM

Some people might think you are a dik, it is ok though because they are entitled to post what they think as they subscribe to the forum

matty_f
10-12-2016, 11:53 PM
I was furious today at the performance and the team. I genuinely couldn't critiscise a single player. The greatest hibs team in history picked apart from someone more interested in media appearances and Celtic. Thats not hyperbole.

It might not be hyperbole but it is utter pish.

bigstu
10-12-2016, 11:55 PM
We moved to the West stand Lower from FF Lower this season & have noticed quite a difference, we aren't happy clappers in the slightest but some of the guys around us are unreal. Constant moaning from 5 miutes in every week. They single out players often & seem to have it in for most of the team. It makes watching the matches even more depressing than normal with the constant & loud moans from these guys.

Northernhibee
10-12-2016, 11:56 PM

You've got a point. You post a lot of pish so there's a lot to contend with.

Mikey09
11-12-2016, 12:01 AM

It is aye :)

Mikey09
11-12-2016, 12:03 AM

Contender for worst post of the year... Congratulations

11-12-2016, 12:06 AM

Such as?

West lower
11-12-2016, 12:08 AM

Yes it is. The abuse they were giving the players was bad enough. The aggressive crap to other supporters even worse. Paying to get in does not entitle you do behave like a total knob ! Acting like that in public is an offence, not to mention a right pain in the arse. Especially for the folks with kids there.

11-12-2016, 12:14 AM
Yes it is. The abuse they were giving the players was bad enough. The aggressive crap to other supporters even worse. Paying to get in does not entitle you do behave like a total knob ! Acting like that in public is an offence, not to mention a right pain in the arse. Especially for the folks with kids there.

Abusing fellow supporters isn't right. I've never said it is.

West lower
11-12-2016, 12:27 AM

Your first post , the patronising one about playing doms etc, suggests that shouting and swearing is fine . Of course there is going to be a bit of that at the games. But these guys were well out of order. Only a totally clown could try to justify it. Pretty sure if you had heard it you would be thinking the same as the rest of us who were there.

CRAZYHIBBY
11-12-2016, 12:34 AM
Get on their backs and tell them to shut up.....we used to do it all the time through the 90s...if u start others will generally follow.....ive been smacked in the coupon and jumped once on easter road for telling people to shut up.....but i would do it again

scoopyboy
11-12-2016, 12:50 AM

If it wasn't for the fact that I was there and witnessed it I would probably agree with you.

However this lot today were shouting, swearing and agitating fellow supporters without any rhyme or reason. A lot of it didn't make sense.

One shouted "c'mon Hibs te f***, this is s**** we havnae been in their half the last ten minutes". There was eight minutes on the clock and although we weren't clever in that time we did spend the most of it in their half.

I sit in an area that is virtually 100% season ticket holders so I know or recognise most people around me, a lot of which are people who don't say much, however today a lot of them were telling these guys to do one.

I get the everyone is entitled to their opinion but this was just nonsense today.

Thing is they could well read this and not even know it's them.

scoopyboy
11-12-2016, 12:51 AM
Get on their backs and tell them to shut up.....we used to do it all the time through the 90s...if u start others will generally follow.....ive been smacked in the coupon and jumped once on easter road for telling people to shut up.....but i would do it again

Plenty folk told them, just made them worse.

Thecat23
11-12-2016, 01:13 AM

Listen just because folk have paid to see Hibs doesn't give them a right to abuse the team or players. The language is irrelevant it's the tone and manner of it!

You are completely missing the point!

leither17
11-12-2016, 01:17 AM
I'm going to go the pantomime and shout abuse at Grant Stott for the whole thing because I paid my money to get in so that's okay

Oh no you willnae

Fuzzywuzzy
11-12-2016, 06:22 AM
I had mentioned this in the match thread. I heard this dingdong in the ff lower and wondered what was going on just after half time. Guessing it never died down after that.

Opinions are like ********s, eveyones got one. It's just some folk are full of their own pish and bluster and seem to lose all reasoning and logic and their brains engages in pride at the sound of there own reasoning.

As for the 'theyve paid their money'. Would they expect to go to a titty bar and expect to cop a feel 'as they had paid their money'

I try not to swear but occasionally the odd ffs escapes but majority of the time I settle for Jesus Christ or if I'm going all out a Jesus, Mary and Joseph. I might even go for a 'by the beard of zeus' in the future. Plus my laddies a lee wallace and would tell my wife I've been swearing.

SouthMoroccoStu
11-12-2016, 06:30 AM
Plus my laddies a lee wallace and would tell my wife I've been swearing.

Lol

Brilliant - best line all day

Pete
11-12-2016, 08:07 AM

:confused:

ACLeith
11-12-2016, 08:16 AM
I had mentioned this in the match thread. I heard this dingdong in the ff lower and wondered what was going on just after half time. Guessing it never died down after that.

Opinions are like ********s, eveyones got one. It's just some folk are full of their own pish and bluster and seem to lose all reasoning and logic and their brains engages in pride at the sound of there own reasoning.

As for the 'theyve paid their money'. Would they expect to go to a titty bar and expect to cop a feel 'as they had paid their money'

I try not to swear but occasionally the odd ffs escapes but majority of the time I settle for Jesus Christ or if I'm going all out a Jesus, Mary and Joseph. I might even go for a 'by the beard of zeus' in the future. Plus my laddies a lee wallace and would tell my wife I've been swearing.

FW, think that comment should be posted on the thread about yesterday's ref :agree:

WWFTWTG
11-12-2016, 08:30 AM
The club knows who these two people are and should deal with it.

Viva_Palmeiras
11-12-2016, 09:01 AM

https://theconversation.com/no-youre-not-entitled-to-your-opinion-9978

lucky
11-12-2016, 10:07 AM
It just as bad in the East. There's a woman, she does not swear, but shouts absolute negative nonsense the whole game. She clearly thinks she is the fount of knowledge but she spoils the game for all around. Why can't supporters support?

Super_JMcGinn
11-12-2016, 10:21 AM
It just as bad in the East. There's a woman, she does not swear, but shouts absolute negative nonsense the whole game. She clearly thinks she is the fount of knowledge but she spoils the game for all around. Why can't supporters support?

it's probably that bloody Gail woman :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Northernhibee
11-12-2016, 10:27 AM

How about players?

newhibs
11-12-2016, 10:41 AM
I was one of the guys in the group yesterday that this thread is about.I woke up this morning and read the thread and felt totally embarrassed by my conduct yesterday.I wasn't the main culprit but was one of the others who was defending him when others were having a go at him.I am normally one of the less vocal ones but as someone said earlier drink had been taken - no excuse.I would like to apologise for my behaviour yesterday and can assure the people around me that there won't be a repeat.

bigwheel
11-12-2016, 10:43 AM
I was one of the guys in the group yesterday that this thread is about.I woke up this morning and read the thread and felt totally embarrassed by my conduct yesterday.I wasn't the main culprit but was one of the others who was defending him when others were having a go at him.I am normally one of the less vocal ones but as someone said earlier drink had been taken - no excuse.I would like to apologise for my behaviour yesterday and can assure the people around me that there won't be a repeat.

fair play for holding your hand up....

scoopyboy
11-12-2016, 10:43 AM

I am not one to go on about it, you have apologised and that's good enough for me.

We move on.

Baldy Foghorn
11-12-2016, 10:45 AM

Nice response, well done:aok:

Blaster
11-12-2016, 10:50 AM

Fair play mate. Thanks for replying 👍

Keith_M
11-12-2016, 10:50 AM

Really? Well you're doing a damn fine impression.

Maybe you, and people of your ilk, should stick to the bowls or dominoes and leave supporting the team to genuine supporters.

CentreLine
11-12-2016, 10:55 AM

What a great post and much respect due for taking the time to make it That is the difference when it comes to Hibs ckass. Now can you please encourage those around you to get behind the team and the club. That is what is needed when things are not going well as well as the successful times.
Your post has made my day 👍

matty_f
11-12-2016, 11:04 AM

Fair play to you for coming on and holding your hand up. :agree:

bingo70
11-12-2016, 11:06 AM

I don't envy how you'll be feeling this morning.

Never drinking again?

mim
11-12-2016, 11:13 AM

Good, but can you also try to influence those you attend with to try and act like civilised adults.

Ray_
11-12-2016, 11:28 AM

I'm afraid that we have had this sort of individual appear at ER since I started going in the 60's.

Not the old "he pays his money, entitled to his opinion", thankfully society has moved on a long way from what was deemed acceptable, the kind of abuse that is dished out at football isn't legal, no matter where it is.

You can excuse people getting frustrated at times and utter odd comments but the systematic abuse dished out by some says a lot more about the cretins who behave like this.

Baldy Foghorn
11-12-2016, 11:29 AM
Good, but can you also try to influence those you attend with to try and act like civilised adults.

The demon drink, we have all done it....At least he has apologised, let's move on, we all want the same thing:aok:

Earlydelivery
11-12-2016, 11:41 AM
Everybody is entitled to his opinion but personally speaking there's no point n booing.

Bobo
11-12-2016, 11:44 AM

It takes a lot to own up and admit when you've messed up and offended someone and to apologise for your indiscretions so I hope the other perpetrators take your lead and follow the example you have set.

Well done 👍🏻

Earlydelivery
11-12-2016, 11:46 AM
Everybody is entitled to his opinion but personally speaking there's no point n booing.

hibsbollah
11-12-2016, 11:47 AM

:faf: I'm stealing that.

Arch Stanton
11-12-2016, 11:53 AM
Stewards are there to show people to their seats, IMO it's not fair to ask these stewards on what I imagine is minimum wage to start dealing with these idiots, we pay a pretty penny to the police, they should be the ones getting involved.

On the other hand, if it's not the stewards then who? They're not shy about challenging you if you take a drink from a bottle of water! And if it comes to a confrontation they can always get the police involved.

And if things aren't done I can see fights breaking out - it's getting worse.

bingo70
11-12-2016, 12:04 PM
On the other hand, if it's not the stewards then who? They're not shy about challenging you if you take a drink from a bottle of water! And if it comes to a confrontation they can always get the police involved.

And if things aren't done I can see fights breaking out - it's getting worse.

The police should be dealing with aggressive people that have had too much to drink. To deal with people like that takes training that it's not realistic to expect stewards to have had.

jgl07
11-12-2016, 12:11 PM

Well that may have been the problem!

Brightside
11-12-2016, 12:12 PM

A very dickish reply.

s.a.m
11-12-2016, 12:20 PM
A very dickish reply.

Quite. And I don't think most people have a problem with a few sweary words: it's the hatred, aggression and abuse that gets to people. Directed towards our own players.

flash
11-12-2016, 12:28 PM
Sorry to say I was involved too. Lunchtime and alcohol are a bad mix and we were out of order.
Please accept my apologies and I can guarantee this won't happen again on my behalf.

Blaster
11-12-2016, 12:30 PM
Sorry to say I was involved too. Lunchtime and alcohol are a bad mix and we were out of order.
Please accept my apologies and I can guarantee this won't happen again on my behalf.

Thanks for the reply. As was stated we all want the same thing 👍

flash
11-12-2016, 12:32 PM
Thanks for the reply. As was stated we all want the same thing 👍

We do and people don't need stuff like yesterday going on.

Wee Effen Bee
11-12-2016, 01:06 PM

...which doesn't apply here as it is not an 'opinion' he (they) is espousing, its abuse! Can't you tell the difference or are you just on a leisurely Sunday troll?:dunno:

jodjam
11-12-2016, 01:10 PM

Give Stotty a break. He's been on a bad run the last few pantomimes. Never seems to be on the winning side

Dashing Bob S
11-12-2016, 01:38 PM
Nothing against people shouting and swearing, winding each other up, showing off, fannying about etc etc. it happens with guys and drink, and Saturday remains the day to let off steam. However, we have to accept that this is not appropriate for all parts of the stadium, particularly those occupied by family groups and children. I know we've talked about making the FF into the self contained, raucous anything goes and enter at your own risk zone, but this is now becoming more pressing.

Having expressed my tolerance for bad behaviour (in certain parts of the ground) there is a joyless subset of weirdos I have no time for. The crackpots who just go to shout witless abuse from the first to the last whistle. This is so mundane and tiresome to be around and you feel that their money would be better spent going to a psychotherapist.

sleeping giant
11-12-2016, 02:58 PM
I think most of us have made an arsenal of our selves more than once while being pished at the football.

The guys have came on here and apologised when they could have just ignored the thread and nobody would be any the wiser.

blackpoolhibs
11-12-2016, 02:59 PM
I think most of us have made an arsenal of our selves more than once while being pished at the football.

The guys have came on here and apologised when they could have just ignored the thread and nobody would be any the wiser.

:agree: :top marks

Blaster
11-12-2016, 03:12 PM

Absolutely mate. And I thanked them for doing so

lord bunberry
11-12-2016, 04:35 PM
I had nothing to do with the shouting yesterday, but I'd like to own up to calling Alan Sneddon a ****er in the late 80s. It's been troubling me for a while now.

ALF TUPPER
11-12-2016, 04:42 PM
My Season ticket is in Section 4 of FF lower and can't say I've heard these guys. Glad I don't sit near them.

We have one old dafty who mumps and moans ( with mostly inane rantings for 90 mins ). I don't think has seen a good game of fitba in his life. He's clearly no happy about something but no-one has a clue what he's bleating on about. He shuts up when everyone round him encourages the players.

Ill start jingle bells next time . Love it !! :top marks:greengrin

CropleyWasGod
11-12-2016, 04:42 PM
I had nothing to do with the shouting yesterday, but I'd like to own up to calling Alan Sneddon a ****er in the late 80s. It's been troubling me for a while now.

I should also bare my soul and confess to calling Murdo Macleod an Orange ******* in the 80's.....................

.... when he played for Celtic.

I have no idea. :rolleyes:

Canon Hannan
11-12-2016, 04:44 PM
Were these people at the home or away end of the West Lower? Never heard them.

ekhibee
11-12-2016, 05:15 PM
I was in the West Lower and there were a couple of guys having a real go at each other, it might have been just after half time, but some of the folk on this thread keep going on about the FF lower, was there bother there as well?

Iggy Pope
11-12-2016, 06:01 PM
I should also bare my soul and confess to calling Murdo Macleod an Orange ******* in the 80's.....................

.... when he played for Celtic.

I have no idea. :rolleyes:

Likewise.
Post of the week.

The Green Goblin
11-12-2016, 06:07 PM

I think you're at it here.

But if screaming abuse at players and telling them they are s*** is your idea of "supporting hibs in different ways" then you crack on. :aok:

WhileTheChief..
11-12-2016, 06:33 PM
It's damn annoying when you're sitting right in front of the guy that does all the endless shouting regardless of what he's actually saying.

A bit of consideration for those around you is all that's being asked for. Just some manners really.

The argument that's it's a Saturday afternoon and I've got to let off steam after a few pints is decades out of date.

Arch Stanton
11-12-2016, 06:42 PM

Whats your point exactly? That there isn't a problem because a few of them posted apologies?

bingo70
11-12-2016, 06:47 PM
Whats your point exactly? That there isn't a problem because a few of them posted apologies?

I think his point is that most of us have made an arse of ourselves at the football at some point after drinking too much.

Arch Stanton
11-12-2016, 06:49 PM
I think his point is that most of us have made an arse of ourselves at the football at some point after drinking too much.

I am sure that indeed is his point. And a fair few get pissed and go home and beat up the wife too. Is that also excusable?

sleeping giant
11-12-2016, 07:10 PM
I am sure that indeed is his point. And a fair few get pissed and go home and beat up the wife too. Is that also excusable?

Who the hell mentioned beating up wife's ?

Dashing Bob S
11-12-2016, 07:30 PM
Love this thread and big respect to the chaps who came forward and held their hands up. As has been said, we've made fools of ourselves at football with a few drinks (I personally wouldn't trust anybody who hasn't) and it's great to see that kind of class on here.

Arch Stanton
11-12-2016, 07:34 PM
Who the hell mentioned beating up wife's ?

Well certainly you didn't. I guess all the abusive drunks you know just went home and had a Horlicks and went to bed.

sleeping giant
11-12-2016, 07:36 PM
Well certainly you didn't. I guess all the abusive drunks you know just went home and had a Horlicks and went to bed.

Don't judge me on your experiences.

Arch Stanton
11-12-2016, 07:39 PM
Don't judge me on your experiences.

You're the apologist for abusive drunks - I've no interest in judging you.

Mr White
11-12-2016, 07:42 PM

Big difference between that and what he actually posted which was to give them credit for coming on here and apologising for their behaviour.

sleeping giant
11-12-2016, 07:42 PM

Rather than an apologist for abusive drunk , I would suggest I was forgiving of people admitting their mistakes and changing their behaviour.

I would rather not be associated with wife beating comments though.

Lago
11-12-2016, 07:47 PM
And I don't for a minute believe it won't happen again as this dosen't seem to have been an isolated incident.

Arch Stanton
11-12-2016, 07:49 PM
Rather than an apologist for abusive drunk , I would suggest I was forgiving of people admitting their mistakes and changing their behaviour.

I would rather not be associated with wife beating comments though.

Of the various abusers talked about on this thread, a couple admitted their involvement, and that seems to allow you and your conscience to absolve the lot, but not me I'm afraid. Especially since one of the two only admitted to being a sidekick to the main abuser.

Abuse is abuse is abuse - wake up ffs!

Mr White
11-12-2016, 07:50 PM

Thanks Jeremy Kyle. I for one feel morally cleansed now.

abgreen
11-12-2016, 08:39 PM
Guy behind me consistently slags a different player every week and they always get man of the match!

Fuzzywuzzy
11-12-2016, 08:56 PM
I was in the West Lower and there were a couple of guys having a real go at each other, it might have been just after half time, but some of the folk on this thread keep going on about the FF lower, was there bother there as well?

I heard the the rammy from my seat in ff lower. No bother in ff lower though

BigT-Hibeez
11-12-2016, 09:20 PM

Creepy!

Canon Hannan
11-12-2016, 09:23 PM
it's probably that bloody Gail woman :rolleyes::rolleyes:

She was at Ibrox 😂😘

hibsboy69
11-12-2016, 10:00 PM
Guy behind me consistently slags a different player every week and they always get man of the match!

Not being funny mate, but have you tried turning round and asking the boy to "please be quiet" ?!?

I tend to find that does the trick (have done it many times at ER over the years).

P.S I don't claim to be a saint and have certainly had my "moments" at ER........especially when fuelled with bevvy in my younger days! :rolleyes: :devil:

Dashing Bob S
11-12-2016, 10:05 PM
Of the various abusers talked about on this thread, a couple admitted their involvement, and that seems to allow you and your conscience to absolve the lot, but not me I'm afraid. Especially since one of the two only admitted to being a sidekick to the main abuser.

You should get a grip of yourself and discover a sense of proportion and perspective. Sleeping Giant accepted the gracious apology of a couple of posters who were members of a group that were verbally abusive at a football game. Somewhere in your fevered mind, you have cast him as an apology for physical and psychological domestic violence. 'Abuse is abuse' you blithely state. Well, if so, you may as well go the full hog and blame him and the guys who apologised on this thread for the holocaust.

Shrekko
11-12-2016, 10:12 PM
Not being funny mate, but have you tried turning round and asking the boy to "please be quiet" ?!?

I tend to find that does the trick (have done it many times at ER over the years).

P.S I don't claim to be a saint and have certainly had my "moments" at ER........especially when fuelled with bevvy in my younger days! :rolleyes: :devil:
Does the polite request really work? I don't think so- quite often escalates it. Seen many polite requests being made for people to sit down in front of old guys etc and normally results in a 'I'll dae what ah want' response.

I hate the argument about not going to football if you don't like swearing. Nobody cares about swearing within reason, it's outright anti social behaviour folk object to. That and the mindless abuse of our own players from people who do the same EVERY week. I've got one behind me who genuinely starts within seconds of the game starting. I've got another who was actually celebrating Fyvie getting INJURED a couple of weeks back. These people are low lifes.

RoYO!
11-12-2016, 10:13 PM

Plenty effin and geffin in bowls btw.

And have you ever watched some old boys play dominoes? Heads may roll!

If you're not trying to be wide, may be best not to start by calling someone 'precious'.

Just a thought

Cletus
11-12-2016, 10:14 PM
I was in the west lower one game last season. There was a roaster behind me (iirc a heavyish lad, possibly ginger, cargo shorts, hoodie). I'm guessing the guys with him were his dad and brother. Anyway this guy screamed (really screamed) incessantly throughout the match...fuuuuuuckkkk off Hibs etc etc. I don't think I've encountered an angrier dude at the football in all the years I've been going. Really wanted to tell him to stfu but wasn't brave enough. Couldn't be sure how he'd take it, he was a totally unhinged lunatic.

hibsboy69
11-12-2016, 10:22 PM
Does the polite request really work? I don't think so- quite often escalates it. Seen many polite requests being made for people to sit down in front of old guys etc and normally results in a 'I'll dae what ah want' response.

I hate the argument about not going to football if you don't like swearing. Nobody cares about swearing within reason, it's outright anti social behaviour folk object to. That an the mindless abuse of our own players from people who do the same EVERY week. I've got one behind me who genuine starts within seconds of the game starting. I've got another who was actually celebrating Fyvie getting INJURED a couple of weeks back. These people are low lifes.

Yes, it works for me mate.........however I'm probably a bit firmer with my words than I have posted to be honest !

I don't like bullys (never have). Stand up to these people folks, they don't like that :aok:

oldbutdim
11-12-2016, 10:28 PM
I remember standing on the terracing hurling abuse and giving it "no way should these ****in no marks be winning here.... youse should be ashamed/disgrace to the jersey/never play for the club again......
It was brilliant.

But I was at the Hunnery in the middle of Huns and we were leading by a Harper goal.

I'm not sure if that is at all relevant, but it's a great memory.

Or if it didn't happen then I seem to think it did.

GreenNWhiteArmy
11-12-2016, 10:38 PM
Swearing in context is fine in my opinion (where it's used as an abjective and not aimed specifically to a person I.E That's ****ing ***** man as opposed to you're ****ing *****)

The latter is something that really irks me at games if I'm honest. A lot of people are far too quick to pass judgement on a player as opposed to an action!! I get in to a few "debates" wi folk at games over it cause it F'n riles me

Hibs fan or not, do some people just come to games to be negative? People see games differently I get that but come on, have a sense of perspective.

Hibs songs and intimidation of the opposition should be our game, not in house fighting or booing/abusing of our own. We're Hibernian FC, people need to know where we're from and who we hate. There's also the small matter of us being Scottish Cup CHAMPIONS to tell people about....

Frogga
11-12-2016, 10:51 PM
I don't mind fans giving players a piece of their mind if they genuinely need a kick up the arse (eg. laziness, pulling out of 50:50s, etc) but a lot of abuse is totally out of proportion and far too personal. Save abuse for the opposition!

Billychaotic182
12-12-2016, 02:09 PM

Are you for real mate? Holy cow man! Few people get too drunk and the football and make an arse of themselves and you think this is on the same level as domestic abuse?!?

Least they came on here and said sorry. We've all shouted daft stuff in the heat of the moment that we later regret. I was raging at the Ross county final and shouted a load of nonsense does this mean I go home and kick lumps out my Mrs?

What a stupid stupid post!

Craig_in_Prague
12-12-2016, 03:27 PM
People drink a lot here before AND during the game; but atmosphere's are normally excellent. Never see trouble and also full support to team regardless of how they're playing.

Perhaps its more of a society issue & not about certain football fans. As to be honest, the general trouble in social world within the UK is pretty bad, with many innocent people taking a beating for nothing (for example). Not particularly safe and many I meet outside the UK feel the same.

Anyway, just an observation - and that a few drinks before the game, aint the underlying issue IMO !

ekhibee
12-12-2016, 03:41 PM
It's all about perspectives really. If the guys that were handing out abuse had been violent then it wouldn't have mattered if they'd apologized on here, they're still trash, but they didn't, it was all verbal, and 1 or 2 of them have had the good grace to apologize, which they should be commended for. There's still others who didn't, and who will never accept they're in the wrong, particularly when they're pished. Got no sympathy for them at all.

Arch Stanton
12-12-2016, 04:08 PM
:top marks
Are you for real mate? Holy cow man! Few people get too drunk and the football and make an arse of themselves and you think this is on the same level as domestic abuse?!?

Least they came on here and said sorry. We've all shouted daft stuff in the heat of the moment that we later regret. I was raging at the Ross county final and shouted a load of nonsense does this mean I go home and kick lumps out my Mrs?

What a stupid stupid post!

Shouting a load of nonsense just isn't what this thread is about - it is about verbal abuse. Course it is on the same level and those that think it is fine because it isn't physical have their head stuck in the stand.

Like it or not there is a strong relation between football drunkeness and domestic abuse. Like the old 'joke' about which set of wives would get battered after the old firm game.

And I'm sorry to break up the jolly carmraderie of this thread because of those two posts but there is absolutely nothing to be jolly about. Feeling regret and being contrite are part and parcel of ongoing abuse and doesn't not mean it won't happen again so all the back slapping is a bit previous.

Blaster
12-12-2016, 06:11 PM
Think maybe this thread has run its course. I started the thread as I thought the guys were a bit out of order and others agreed. A couple of the guys came on and apologised and in my opinion that should be the end of it

Never for a minute did I expect it to turn into wife beaters chat!!

SaulGoodman
12-12-2016, 06:14 PM
Think maybe this thread has run its course. I started the thread as I thought the guys were a bit out of order and others agreed. A couple of the guys came on and apologised and in my opinion that should be the end of it

Welcome to Hibs.net

Baldy Foghorn
12-12-2016, 06:16 PM

You can delete the thread Blaster?

Mr White
12-12-2016, 06:19 PM
You can delete the thread Blaster?

Or it can be closed if you would prefer that.

QMU-1875
12-12-2016, 06:20 PM
There are a group of lads that sit in the east that really need to have a read of this thread. Thinks it around row Z section 43. Incessantly talking thinking they are hillarious. Constantly booing players also, one has a creepy obsession with Liam Craig....
There was one lad who sat with them who seemed quite sensible but looks like even he has left them to it now as haven't seen him last few home games. E.

Smartie
12-12-2016, 06:26 PM
I miss the old East for this kind of stuff.

It was pretty hard to overstep the mark in there. There was all sorts of nonsense spouted, all sorts of inebriated characters on all sorts of substances.

You used to end up in some funny places after a goal, and that was even long after it was seated.

Can't we have a section of the ground where all the mentalists can gather and do their stuff?

And those who object strongly can stay away?

I accept that every part of the ground shouldn't be subjected to it, but can we not accommodate folk who have had a few and are a bit nippy?

It's football FFS.

Baldy Foghorn
12-12-2016, 06:29 PM

Doesn't bother me Mr White, some of the posts are OTT, but nothing to do with me:aok:

Blaster
12-12-2016, 06:37 PM

Yes please mate.

Mr White
12-12-2016, 06:38 PM
Doesn't bother me Mr White, some of the posts are OTT, but nothing to do with me:aok:

Sorry BF that was intended for Blaster. I think the thread has probably run it's course.