PDA

View Full Version : Referee today

emerald green
10-12-2016, 05:58 PM
The standard I've come to expect. Piss poor.

greenlex
10-12-2016, 06:03 PM
Agreed. Assistant flagging for a Hibs throw as it plainly was. Over ruled.
Boy almost nets an OG. Result. Goal Kick.,
East side assistant was garbage too. Disallowed goal ruled off for a non existant offside. Graham's goal I thought he was off.
Chuck in various bizarre fouls/ non fouls and it was indeed a piss poor performance.

Skol
10-12-2016, 06:06 PM
Agreed. Assistant flagging for a Hibs throw as it plainly was. Over ruled.
Boy almost nets an OG. Result. Goal Kick.,
East side assistant was garbage too. Disallowed goal ruled off for a non existant offside. Graham's goal I thought he was off.
Chuck in various bizarre fouls/ non fouls and it was indeed a piss poor performance.

Graham was well offside for the chalked off goal - good decision IMO

Grahams goal much closer, I tended to think on

greenlex
10-12-2016, 06:08 PM
Graham was well offside for the chalked off goal - good decision IMO

Grahams goal much closer, I tended to think on

Don't think he was when the ball was played.

Skol
10-12-2016, 06:09 PM
Don't think he was when the ball was played.

He was well off when the ball was played.

Deeds
10-12-2016, 06:11 PM
Yes I just commented about him on another thread, he was rotten. 3 shockers on SDG and a baffling one in the 2nd half when afoul on Shinnie was given the other way. I thought the big teams were supposed to get the 50/50 ones.

Real Emerald
10-12-2016, 06:17 PM
The non booking for the first foul on Gray......and the rest. Same every week though.

greenlex
10-12-2016, 06:18 PM
He was well off when the ball was played.

Certainly wasn't well off. Still think he was onside.

Canon Hannan
10-12-2016, 06:20 PM
Certainly wasn't well off. Still think he was onside.

He was onside. Perfect view from the West. Timed it perfectly.

hibsbollah
10-12-2016, 06:21 PM
He was onside, I was right in line.

BT58
10-12-2016, 06:24 PM
Sorry Lexo. Graham was offside. I told my mates as soon as he touched the ball.Lino had his flag up. He was offside a few times and agree that he was offside for his goal, but hey ho. Will take it
B

Golden Bear
10-12-2016, 06:30 PM
He made a couple of erroneous decisions but on the whole, he was by no means the worst ref we've encountered this season.

kaimendhibs
10-12-2016, 06:33 PM
He was absolutely woeful

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

emerald green
10-12-2016, 06:36 PM
The usual "take it in turns" to put the boot into a Hibs player today. Since there was no John McGinn around today, it was David Gray's turn it seemed. Luckily, he wasn't seriously injured. Referees have to start protecting players from this stuff by clamping down early. Not after a player has been booted several times.

I think it might have been the second bad one on Gray that was worthy of a red card, not just a yellow. The boy who committed the foul knew it too. When you think what Bartley got two straight red cards for it's baffling.

There was also the totally bizarre spell in the second half when the referee incorrectly awarded Dumbarton a throw in, then awarded a corner when it was a bye kick to Hibs.

To be honest I'm not sure about the goal that was chalked off. It was a close one, but we didn't get it. Shock.

JimBHibees
10-12-2016, 06:41 PM
Atrocious simply doesn't understand the game. Some of the decisions were mind blowing. Tackle on Gray was a red. Shinnie fouled blows for foul other way. Another homer. :rolleyes:

Criswell
10-12-2016, 09:09 PM
Committed a string of howlers, mostly to the detriment of Hibs. The old saying of playing against 12 men was never better exemplified.

NadeAteMyLunch!
10-12-2016, 09:11 PM
Absolutely brutal

Marco G
10-12-2016, 09:25 PM
He was onside, I was right in line.
I was in FF and could see he was onside! Thought for goal it was close but he was making a lot of well timed runs from through balls so happy to take it.
Gray was targeted from the start imo and got no protection. The time when I thought the ref had failed to play advantage when Graham was going through and we were getting a foul on the half way line - then he gave it to them, that was incredible.
The one where it was going in until their player blocked it on the line a couple of yards from the ref and he gave a goal kick? Ah well.

cabbageandribs1875
10-12-2016, 09:28 PM
when do highlights go up ? I was positive Brian Graham was offside for his goal, was surprised to see the flag happy linesman not waving it again

calumhibee1
10-12-2016, 09:45 PM
The tackle on SDG was a red. We don't get any decisions off refs in this league, and if that had been Bartley or McGinn who put in that tackle the other team would have been all over them, pushing, shoving and in the refs face. It's about time we started doing it to and trying to pressure the refs into giving out red cards in these instances.

NAE NOOKIE
10-12-2016, 09:55 PM
He didn't give the Hibs players enough protection, he let foul after foul go. In the 2nd half where he blew for a foul as Hibs were breaking away I'm positive he had blown for a foul to Hibs, but on seeing that he had denied us a clear chance on the break and it was going to make him look like a total tit he changed it to a free kick to Dumbarton to save face ....I'd put money on it.

He missed a clear corner to Hibs in the 2nd half as well, how the hell he didn't see the ball hit the Dumbarton player before going out is anybody's guess.

In short, he just wasn't very good.

Jonnyboy
10-12-2016, 10:00 PM
He spoke to Thomson, their number 4 on several occasions after fouls were awarded against him. How many brutal challenges does it take before it's deemed persistent fouling?

Badge
10-12-2016, 10:07 PM
He spoke to Thomson, their number 4 on several occasions after fouls were awarded against him. How many brutal challenges does it take before it's deemed persistent fouling?

I thought their number 4 was quite a good player and had a reasonable game.

Jonnyboy
10-12-2016, 10:11 PM
I thought their number 4 was quite a good player and had a reasonable game.

He did, but he also kicked lumps out of our players :greengrin

Badge
10-12-2016, 10:15 PM

Didn't really notice that

Jonnyboy
10-12-2016, 10:20 PM
Didn't really notice that

Don't worry, neither did John McKendrick

kevinc
10-12-2016, 10:21 PM

Agreed, got away with a few, on loan from Celtic.

SouthMoroccoStu
11-12-2016, 05:42 AM
Barr's trip on Shinnie as he went over the half way line was shocking

I know he got a yellow but It was beyond "taking one for the team"

Cynical and nowhere near / no chance of getting the ball

Between that, the "throw in" over the East stand in the second half and the treatment of Sir David Gray (a head injury mean you stop the game you incompetent loon) the ref was shocking

Another GFA official still hurting over 21/5/2016

theonlywayisup
11-12-2016, 07:21 AM
You're all being very harsh.

The SFA are a progressive organisation. Today was evidence of that!

Lady linesperson. Visually impaired referee. It all makes sense.

jakedance
11-12-2016, 07:37 AM
Barr's trip on Shinnie as he went over the half way line was shocking

I know he got a yellow but It was beyond "taking one for the team"

Cynical and nowhere near / no chance of getting the ball

It was pretty nasty. I'd like to see a rule change to make professional fouls a straight red anyway. I've more sympathy for a player that's mistimed a 50/50 than one that's cynically stopped an attack.

The ref was a bawbag.

O'Rourke3
11-12-2016, 07:48 AM
I was as bemused with his decisions but Shinnie could easily have been sent of for his rash and high tackle on the half way line. I think we got off there. Whether it was payback for their no 12 who had two dreadful tackles on SDG and should have been off, we'll never know. Just plain incompetent again.

Marco G
11-12-2016, 07:52 AM
It was pretty nasty. I'd like to see a rule change to make professional fouls a straight red anyway. I've more sympathy for a player that's mistimed a 50/50 than one that's cynically stopped an attack.

The ref was a bawbag.
The rules are fine, just need to be applied. Last season iirc opp player got red for pulling down McGinn breaking on left wing, with ball well away from both of them. McKendrick could and should have done the same with the challenge on Shinnie.

Tom Hart RIP
11-12-2016, 07:54 AM

The ref was a bawbag.

On Match on the Day a few weeks ago an Arsenal player got sent off for a similar trip. Commentator said there had been a rule change and if you trip someone with no chance of getting the ball it's a straight red. Anyone know if this is correct and applies in Scotland????

Tom Hart RIP
11-12-2016, 07:56 AM
I was as bemused with his decisions but Shinnie could easily have been sent of for his rash and high tackle on the half way line. I think we got off there. Whether it was payback for their no 12 who had two dreadful tackles on SDG and should have been off, we'll never know. Just plain incompetent again.

I agree. AS lucky to stay on but he did prevent them getting the ball in a very dangerous position

erin go bragh
11-12-2016, 07:57 PM

How he didn't get at least a yellow for that assault on SDG early doors , I don't know.

erin go bragh
11-12-2016, 08:00 PM

I thought the first bad one on SDG was by the no 4 ( in front of the old home enclosure)

hibbysam
11-12-2016, 08:02 PM
On Match on the Day a few weeks ago an Arsenal player got sent off for a similar trip. Commentator said there had been a rule change and if you trip someone with no chance of getting the ball it's a straight red. Anyone know if this is correct and applies in Scotland????

I agreed with that red card, however it was overturned on appeal as there is no rule against it as it is not endangering an opponent using excessive force or brutality.

It's the worst though, a player breaking and the opposite number just kicks out and trips him up, with the ball miles away, should be a red card as it is aimed at totally destroying the flow of the game.

NadeAteMyLunch!
11-12-2016, 08:23 PM

The ref was slaughtered for that decision and actually demoted to the championship for a week. Absolutely ridiculous from the FA. I also think it should be a straight red every time when there is zero intention to play the ball.

AlbertK86
11-12-2016, 08:32 PM
Graham was well offside for the chalked off goal - good decision IMO Grahams goal much closer, I tended to think on

I was right in line in the east and in my opinion he was well onside when the ball was played.

Immaterial anyway as Jason hand balled it into the net

Ref and east linesman were brutal.

Blatant shove on Boyle after a good run... Just outside box .... Ref right there and waved it away

O'Rourke3
11-12-2016, 09:33 PM
I thought the first bad one on SDG was by the no 4 ( in front of the old home enclosure)

It was (I think) there were 3. 12was booked for the third.

snooky
11-12-2016, 10:38 PM
when do highlights go up ? I was positive Brian Graham was offside for his goal, was surprised to see the flag happy linesman not waving it again

Highlights show Graham definitely onside when the ball leaves Gray's foot. Freeze it on the screen and see for yourself.
https://hibstv.hibernianfc.co.uk/tv/video/vod/1463

hibbymac
12-12-2016, 10:28 AM

H18 SFR
12-12-2016, 11:35 AM

Perfectly timed run. I hope we can play more to his strengths as the season goes on. He's not Ronaldo but there are some strengths there.

percy veer
12-12-2016, 11:35 AM

thats that sorted then.

theonlywayisup
12-12-2016, 12:05 PM
thats that sorted then.

Looks like it, though why let facts get in the way of fiction :wink:

greenlex
12-12-2016, 12:15 PM

Good stuff. Can you do the same for the disallowed goal?

grammyb111
12-12-2016, 12:48 PM
I didn't think the ref was terrible, a few 'small' decisions that were incorrect but the bookings etc I thought he got right in the main. The disallowed goal did look offside to me but Jason handballed it anyway (he even said that afterwards) so we got to the correct decision...

cabbageandribs1875
12-12-2016, 12:59 PM
Highlights show Graham definitely onside when the ball leaves Gray's foot. Freeze it on the screen and see for yourself.
https://hibstv.hibernianfc.co.uk/tv/video/vod/1463

ta muchos gracias :aok: 1:17 exactly

hibbymac
12-12-2016, 09:13 PM
Good stuff. Can you do the same for the disallowed goal?

It's not in the highlights :aok:

worcesterhibby
12-12-2016, 09:37 PM
It's not in the highlights :aok:

It is in the highlights, but Graham is not in the shot as the ball is played so impossible to tell.