PDA

View Full Version : The Rumor is Georgious Samaras could join Hibs in the January transfer window!

Hibby soldier
10-12-2016, 02:09 PM
Any truth - just seen on Facebook............:flag:

Just Alf
10-12-2016, 02:12 PM
Any truth - just seen on Facebook............:flag:

It's on!.... I've seen it also.... not on Facebook either. :na na:

California-Hibs
10-12-2016, 02:26 PM
I honestly can't believe he's only 31 and playing in Americas 2nd tier! I think/thought he'd be much better than that standard! I've seen quite a few 'NASL' games and the standard isn't great by any stretch. I didn't even know he was out here.

Just Alf
12-12-2016, 10:18 AM
:D

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Salt N Sauzee
12-12-2016, 10:31 AM
Would be a good signing for us. Champions League and International experience in abundance, so I'm sure he'll cope at this level. Will probably mean more hoof-ball but I'm alright with that if it gets us out this league.

J-C
12-12-2016, 10:37 AM
Quite a few thought Holt would be a good signing too, don't know if signing these past it players is really what is needed right now.

scoopyboy
12-12-2016, 10:40 AM
Let me see;

Played in World Cup Finals, European Finals, later stages in Champions League (including an away winner for Celtic and they don't happen a lot) and only 31yo.

Should be 100% yes but I'm not so sure. :greengrin

hibbyboy1
12-12-2016, 10:41 AM
why do we have to wait till january he's a free agent.

Andy74
12-12-2016, 10:41 AM
Quite a few thought Holt would be a good signing too, don't know if signing these past it players is really what is needed right now.

Holt has been a good signing.

Smartie
12-12-2016, 10:43 AM

:agree:

He's had a couple of bad games leading to him being dropped. When he's been out the team we've looked a far poorer team than we have with him in it.

Salt N Sauzee
12-12-2016, 10:43 AM

and they were right :agree:

bingo70
12-12-2016, 10:44 AM

There was me thinking it was just me that actually thinks Holts a good player.

Very clever and defenders won't like playing him IMO.

J-C

I wouldn't say good more average, with his scoring record I expected a far bigger return from him, he's had 4 months of football and still looks unfit.

Hiber-nation

Samaras would be like Malonga but better. Totally disagree about Holt, I like the effort he puts in but he can't score goals and his sharpness has gone.

J-C
12-12-2016, 10:46 AM
why do we have to wait till january he's a free agent.

Because he became a free agent outwith the transfer window.

Andy74
12-12-2016, 10:49 AM
I wouldn't say good more average, with his scoring record I expected a far bigger return from him, he's had 4 months of football and still looks unfit.

Do you mean he physically looks unfit or plays as though he is unfit? For me he might look like he is carrying some timber but he puts in more running than most.

With a player like Holt it isn't really about his scoring rate. We've talked for a while about a type of player that might get less goals himself but means as a team we score more and also lose less because they keep defenders occupied and hold it up for others. Holt does pretty well at that role. It's not spectacular but he does his job.

J-C
12-12-2016, 10:56 AM
Do you mean he physically looks unfit or plays as though he is unfit? For me he might look like he is carrying some timber but he puts in more running than most.

With a player like Holt it isn't really about his scoring rate. We've talked for a while about a type of player that might get less goals himself but means as a team we score more and also lose less because they keep defenders occupied and hold it up for others. Holt does pretty well at that role. It's not spectacular but he does his job.

Carrying timber probably, he looks the same as when he first arrived, I thought he had a good stone to lose then, yes he does put in a decent shift but his strike rate is very poor so far. I get he does extra stuff that allows others to do more, just expected a far better goal return from someone who scored as many as he did not too long ago.

Allant1981
12-12-2016, 05:13 PM

He is only 31, hardly past it

HibbyAndy
12-12-2016, 05:18 PM
He is only 31, hardly past it

He's 35 , But for the record i rate Holt.

Allant1981
12-12-2016, 05:21 PM
He's 35 , But for the record i rate Holt.

I wasnt talking about holt, i meant samaras

HibbyAndy
12-12-2016, 05:25 PM
I wasnt talking about holt, i meant samaras

Ah ok, 31 jeezo he has been around forever it seems !!

Ozyhibby
12-12-2016, 05:46 PM
I don't think Holt has done a good enough job and if this rumour is true then neither does Lennon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blackpoolhibs
12-12-2016, 06:24 PM
I don't think Holt has done a good enough job and if this rumour is true then neither does Lennon.

Me too, he does not score enough, he falls over even more than Nish, and he is plays too far from where he should be playing, always drifting out wide or chasing back.

No wonder he always looks knackered, if he just concentrated in playing up front in a more central role, he just might contribute with a few more goals and assists.

If the rumour is true, Samaras surely cant be any worse than him?

Jack Hackett
12-12-2016, 06:30 PM
Carrying timber probably, he looks the same as when he first arrived, I thought he had a good stone to lose then, yes he does put in a decent shift but his strike rate is very poor so far. I get he does extra stuff that allows others to do more, just expected a far better goal return from someone who scored as many as he did not too long ago.

Have to agree with that

He looks to have the kind of build where he isn't ever going to lose the extra regardless of how much effort he puts in...which I don't fault, but he isn't going to get any sharper, his age is very much against him. A big solid guy who can hold the ball up but now has trouble finding the goal. I'm not disappointed when he doesn't start a game. 3 in 14 isn't a good stat for a striker

Dashing Bob S
12-12-2016, 06:35 PM
Rather not have another old fat cart horse at the end of his career, who can't score goals. Even the Yams wouldn't have both Holt and Samaras on their books.

.Sean.
12-12-2016, 06:39 PM
Is there any substance to this rather that some shan wee Facebook rumour?

Stax
12-12-2016, 07:03 PM
One of the best sing songs at Easter rd for years involved Samaras. Not many words iirc :greengrin.

Jack Hackett
12-12-2016, 07:08 PM
One of the best sing songs at Easter rd for years involved Samaras. Not many words iirc :greengrin.

did it mention one of the planets?

Brightside
12-12-2016, 07:10 PM
Holt will find it harder than most to lose that extra round the mid-riff. He genetically a big lad, and a bit late in the day do change all his eating patterns etc. I do think he's a good player but how many chances actually get laid onto him? Very few. Final ball remains poor in most games and until we can fix that we wont score anywhere near as any goals as we should.

trev the hat
12-12-2016, 07:20 PM
Samaras would be a fantastic signing, more mobile than Holt & 4 years his junior.
Holt has disappointed the last month & rightly IMO finds himself on the bench.
Can't see Samaras coming to ER but would be delighted if it happened.

blaikie
12-12-2016, 07:24 PM
I don't know how I feel about Samaras coming to us, we have missed someone like King Dom!

Big L
12-12-2016, 07:32 PM
I think he's scored 2 goals in 24 games, not really exciting when you consider he's playing in the 2nd tier in USA Soccer. No doubt some people will think it's a good signing!

RedHibby
12-12-2016, 08:04 PM
I can see our Scouts have been working hard to get us players.....not.

ancient hibee
12-12-2016, 08:05 PM
And that's based on what,exactly?

where'stheslope
12-12-2016, 08:05 PM
Samaras would have been a good signing when he left Celtic, now I'm not so sure?

Again it comes down to how much money he wants to come for?

Plus will he be fit and ready to go, if not we could be paying just to get him fit, as with Commons?????

The Leith Dutch
12-12-2016, 09:19 PM
I think he's scored 2 goals in 24 games, not really exciting when you consider he's playing in the 2nd tier in USA Soccer. No doubt some people will think it's a good signing!

2 goals in 24 games in a poor league - I'd hope it's not what we're looking for.
Even at Celtic - 48 goals in 156 games so less than a goal every 3 which isn't great.

I'll stick my neck out and say I'm happy enough with the strikers we have and would rather we signed midfield players who can create and threaten goals themselves. I think the difference in how threatening we look when Shinnie is on a game and slipping through nice balls for the strikers to run on to is massive. As good as Fyvie and McGinn are neither look particularly likely to score regularly or to play a killer ball. We need at least one more in Midfield who can.

As it stands if we're going to sign a striker I think it needs to be someone who can get goals out of nowhere like Griffiths to make any realy difference.

Cameron1875
12-12-2016, 09:25 PM
Has everything Stubbs and Doolan put in place gone out the window and we are just linked/signing Lennon's mates?!

If we are gonna buy someone who drifts out wide and can be very frustrating then I want it to be King Dom :greengrin

Stubbsyy
12-12-2016, 10:00 PM
Samaras is a frustrating player. Can be brilliant one game and then fall over his feet the next.

His best position is on the wing imo and should still have a lot to offer in Scotland.

I honestly reckon he'd be a fans favorite by the end of the season, if the rumours are true.

scoopyboy
12-12-2016, 11:08 PM

seriously?

jacomo
12-12-2016, 11:46 PM

Holt should score more, plain an simple.

Samaras is not the answer. Look at the level he is playing at. He'll want loads of money too.

Stax
12-12-2016, 11:53 PM
did it mention one of the planets?
Unless there's a planet called F*** you Samaras then no..

Andy74
13-12-2016, 12:21 AM
Has everything Stubbs and Doolan put in place gone out the window and we are just linked/signing Lennon's mates?!

If we are gonna buy someone who drifts out wide and can be very frustrating then I want it to be King Dom :greengrin

What did Stubbs and Doolan put in place? Do you mean Dempster and Craig?

Brightside
13-12-2016, 12:23 AM
What did Stubbs and Doolan put in place? Do you mean Dempster and Craig?

To be fair i think WE are just linking hibs with these players....and most of them were linked during Stubbs time. The backroom team aren't looking at Celtic players thats for sure.

Ryan69
13-12-2016, 01:54 AM
Samaras at Celtic....was the peak of his career!
If he couldnt be bothered at times then....is he going tobe bothered now? I hardly doubt it.

Too drop to such a low level in football also...shows he doesnt have the hunger,and dont really want him anywhere near ER!

Just Alf
13-12-2016, 10:14 AM
I so LOVE transfer windows and the associated .... Cough! ...err... Rumours!

:flag:

Keith_M
13-12-2016, 01:14 PM
I so LOVE transfer windows and the associated .... Cough! ...err... Rumours!

Especially when it comes from such an esteemed source as Facebook

:wink:

Just Alf
13-12-2016, 01:19 PM
Especially when it comes from such an esteemed source as Facebook

:wink:
Indeed... and THAT came for a certain fans forum :D

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

wookie70
13-12-2016, 01:56 PM

He's had a couple of bad games leading to him being dropped. When he's been out the team we've looked a far poorer team than we have with him in it.

We looked ok when we beat QOTS 4-0. After 16 games last year we had scored 28 goals compared to 29 this year. One of the game Holt was missing we scored 4 goals so my view is he has made very little difference in terms of what really annoys defenders and that is conceding goals. Our style of play has changed because of Holt and Graham and we now kick it Butcher style far too often for my liking. My take on Holt is he looks overweight but does work hard. He is not a goal threat and doesn't really provide many assists. When we sign a player I want him to improve the team, I don't think Holt has.

Ozyhibby
13-12-2016, 02:48 PM
We looked ok when we beat QOTS 4-0. After 16 games last year we had scored 28 goals compared to 29 this year. One of the game Holt was missing we scored 4 goals so my view is he has made very little difference in terms of what really annoys defenders and that is conceding goals. Our style of play has changed because of Holt and Graham and we now kick it Butcher style far too often for my liking. My take on Holt is he looks overweight but does work hard. He is not a goal threat and doesn't really provide many assists. When we sign a player I want him to improve the team, I don't think Holt has.

100% correct IMHO.