adhibs
10-12-2016, 02:07 PM
Who?

Alex Trager
10-12-2016, 02:07 PM
Thank the lord

Alex Trager
10-12-2016, 02:08 PM
STARTING XI | Laidlaw, Gray, Hanlon, Fontaine, Bartley, Stevenson, Boyle, Shinnie, McGregor, Graham, Cummings.

bookert
10-12-2016, 02:12 PM
STARTING XI | Laidlaw, Gray, Hanlon, Fontaine, Bartley, Stevenson, Boyle, Shinnie, McGregor, Graham, Cummings.

Strange that in a midfield devoid of Fyvie and mcginn, no Mcgeoch.

Canon Hannan
Sounds like a good formation. Attacking again.

spudhib
442 Hanlon left back lewy and Boyle wide mid???

Alex Trager
10-12-2016, 02:13 PM
Strange that in a midfield devoid of Fyvie and mcginn, no Mcgeoch.

True. Never considered that.

I am just glad to see JC start

Theinsider
10-12-2016, 02:13 PM
3-5-2? Boyle wide

mim
10-12-2016, 02:14 PM
Looks like Hanlon in midfield to me

Hibdan12
10-12-2016, 02:17 PM
5-2-3

California-Hibs
10-12-2016, 02:19 PM
Hmm that's a strange one. We need to sign a few quality midfielders pronto. We'll have enough today but I'm not too keen on that line up. It shows you how much we miss McGinn and Fyvie. Would feel a lot better with McGeough in there.

adhibs
10-12-2016, 02:21 PM
Boyle behind forwards with shinnie deeper maybe.

Andy74
I think Boyle might play where Shinnie has been with Shinnie moving back in with Bartley.

Del Boy
Is mcgeough on the bench?

blackpoolhibs
Will need to wait and see just how they line up, hopefully not with a 5 at the back using Gray and Stevenson as the wide men.

Andy74
10-12-2016, 02:22 PM
Will need to wait and see just how they line up, hopefully not with a 5 at the back using Gray and Stevenson as the wide men.

I doubt that's going to change any time soon.

Boyle89
10-12-2016, 02:22 PM
Is mcgeough on the bench?

Yes him and Martin on the bench.

Paloschi
10-12-2016, 02:23 PM
Looks like a straight 3-4-3 with Shinnie alongside Bartley

NORTHERNHIBBY
10-12-2016, 02:28 PM
I would go with a back three. Hanlon is a midfielder.

Radium
10-12-2016, 02:34 PM
6 defensive players and only two midfielders (Bartley in both camps) against Dumbarton at home. Genuinely mistified. Hope I am proved wrong and it is a tactical master stroke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big L
10-12-2016, 02:46 PM
Normal 3 at the back, Bartley holding Stevenson & Gray providing width. 4 attackers, Shinnie behind JC. Graham. Boyle. If it is, it's very attacking. OR maybe a flat back 4. Hanlon LB and Stevenson pushed in to midfield 3 Bartley Shinnie Stevenson.

Dashing Bob S
10-12-2016, 05:37 PM
There were three strikers but all were pretty anonymous. Graham you have to exempt as he scored an excellent goal. Other than that, he did nothing.

Cummings was like Graham, but without the goal. But he's been collecting splinters of late and needs to get his touch and movement back.

Boyle, well it's all been said.

However, they just didn't get the service.

Borderhibbie76
10-12-2016, 08:56 PM
Bartley embarrassingly bad at times...he just cannot play in a team with ball players like fyvie, Mcginn and Dylan and should never be playing when we play with 3 CHs at home imo

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

MWHIBBIES
10-12-2016, 09:00 PM
Bartley embarrassingly bad at times...he just cannot play in a team with ball players like fyvie, Mcginn and Dylan and should never be playing when we play with 3 CHs at home imo

Sent from my SM-G920F using TapatalkNo need for that, he is destroyer and he isn't pretending to be anything else. Wins the ball and gives it to the better players.

matty_f
10-12-2016, 09:00 PM
Despite the win, that formation and line up didn't work today. We had nothing going forward despite the three attackers.
Too many defensive minded players and nobody good enough to dominate the midfield. We looked like we were playing without a midfield at times.
Bartley couldn't cope on his own centrally, the set up was wrong from the start.

Andy74
10-12-2016, 09:02 PM
No need for that, he is destroyer and he isn't pretending to be anything else. Wins the ball and gives it to the better players.

I think he is also taking injections to play through an injury due to no one else being available.

Billy Whizz
10-12-2016, 09:33 PM
I think he is also taking injections to play through an injury due to no one else being available.

Didn't know that, well done to the big lad

Gmack7
10-12-2016, 09:42 PM
We really do need more offensive players on the park.if lennon insists on 3 at the back I'd drop Fontaine and move SDG in there and give Boyle a run at wingback

hibsbollah
10-12-2016, 09:46 PM

That explains a lot. However, Martin is available for that role, Lennon is clearly not confident enough in the youngsters to give them a start.

Smartie
10-12-2016, 10:04 PM
I thought Bartley was quietly efficient.

You should know what you're going to get from him by now - he's not creative and will give us little going forward but he wins the ball back and gives it to our better players.

I quite like the way he sits and allows the centre-halves the opportunity to power up the park, Hanlon does this from time to time.

We have who we have and I don't really know what else Lennon could have done today. It certainly wasn't pretty but that's another game without Fyvie and McGinn out the way.

PiemanP
10-12-2016, 11:35 PM
If I was Scott Martin I'd be pretty p****d off with the team selection today. He's arguably our only fit central midfielder (I exclude McGeouch as one can only assume he wasn't fit) yet we persisted with a team with a mix of defenders and strikers with only Bartley somewhere in between. Martin has never let us down in the games I've seen...and it was Dumbarton at home FFS.

Same goes for Crane when Stevenson was out earlier in the season - does Lennon just not have faith in our youngsters?

Borderhibbie76
11-12-2016, 12:21 AM
No need for that, he is destroyer and he isn't pretending to be anything else. Wins the ball and gives it to the better players.
Sorry but I just don't get it...he is a very very limited footballer. I'd release him in Jan and free up a wage...he is not what we need to get out this division. Decent enough guy but not for me

MWHIBBIES
11-12-2016, 08:25 AM
Sorry but I just don't get it...he is a very very limited footballer. I'd release him in Jan and free up a wage...he is not what we need to get out this division. Decent enough guy but not for me

Sent from my SM-G920F using TapatalkHe is quite clearly effective at his job, releasing him is just a laughable thing to suggest. You only have to see our games against Hearts last season to see what he does well and why he has a place in this team and next season assuming we go up. He will be very important in tough away games next season.

MWHIBBIES
11-12-2016, 08:26 AM
If I was Scott Martin I'd be pretty p****d off with the team selection today. He's arguably our only fit central midfielder (I exclude McGeouch as one can only assume he wasn't fit) yet we persisted with a team with a mix of defenders and strikers with only Bartley somewhere in between. Martin has never let us down in the games I've seen...and it was Dumbarton at home FFS.

Same goes for Crane when Stevenson was out earlier in the season - does Lennon just not have faith in our youngsters?Maybe he just does has faith in his first team players?

Borderhibbie76
11-12-2016, 09:59 AM
He is quite clearly effective at his job, releasing him is just a laughable thing to suggest. You only have to see our games against Hearts last season to see what he does well and why he has a place in this team and next season assuming we go up. He will be very important in tough away games next season.
But my point is we are not up yet...we had a tough away game at Utd last week and he was pretty anonymous. We need more from a midfielder that what he is giving us and if we r sticking with 3 CHs I don't honestly believe Bartley should be playing at all mate - all about opinions tho.